• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys know unmitigated damage strikes go through cover right?

Just make an All Gilga or Chizzy team and go to town

Pair them up with some Exdeath (magic doesnt get covered) and boom

Its not that bad to deal with Cecils guys
oh yeah just let me get all my Gilgas and Chizzes, I'm just swimming in them.

Muku

Hmmm, that ELT "high difficulty Frosty" went in 3 rounds. Of course I brought a hax Noctis... but I can deal with this. Totally done with event. Time to Dunes it up for Noel.

LOL Silver. Thats what I was thinking. (Though funny enough doing okay on Chizuru. Ended up getting two during all that, so I have 3 in total.)

CCIE

Banned
I use Cecil for Focus... not worried about his "cover", which is a joke with the units slicing right through him these days. Part of me wants to give Refia's DC to Hope (replace Chiz) and just run Lightning, Cecil (Focus), and 3x DC Thundaga.

But if I don't go first, Hope won't survive the first round

Broseybrose

Well I got my 2nd TM last night... Rising Sun!

Unfortunately Im still 10% away from my first DW.

Still awesome to be making progress!

EDarkness

Well I got my 2nd TM last night... Rising Sun!

Unfortunately Im still 10% away from my first DW.

Still awesome to be making progress!

Congrats! I'm sure it feels good to finally get that stuff done.

Glad I don't have to do summons anymore, so I can focus on other aspects of the game. Gotta farm Dunes to get metal things so I can get Lightning to 100. Then, it'll be working on Noctis.

Biggest problem I have now is not having enough weapons to go around. Gonna have to finally buckle down and get that Bloodsword made. Been avoiding that since I've been going all in with the arena. Hope the next event has some decent weapons we can use.

Celegus

Noctis thunder flask, exdeath DC thundaga, Chizuru AOE pretty much kills everything for me in one turn. Have refia and cod for support if needed, but really the only way I've ever lost is losing the coin flip and the AI actually doing something smart which is rare. I don't optimize for arena in the slightest, though I really only play it enough to keep around rank 20k. 3k is far too much work.

Noctis thunder flask, exdeath DC thundaga, Chizuru AOE pretty much kills everything for me in one turn. Have refia and cod for support if needed, but really the only way I've ever lost is losing the coin flip and the AI actually doing something smart which is rare. I don't optimize for arena in the slightest, though I really only play it enough to keep around rank 20k. 3k is far too much work.

Agreed. This will be my last month gunning for top 3k I was 2300 last night and woke up to 3100 generally I would lose about 3-400 spots overnight that I made up the next day so it's clear people are starting to refill for the end of the month...fuck that noise.

Alkez

On Aigaion, the evil robot, I might have a strategy to beat him that isn't as micro-intensive but I still need a DPS that can reduce fire or earth element and then get Machine Killer. It'd still take me a bunch of hours to beat though but if I can reduce my concentration for it until I need it, it might be bearable.

Honestly, outside of the nrg cost I'm looking forward to this fight. Knowing that the game isn't just going to be TM farming, arena, and breezing through events in the future is somewhat comforting. GL getting it done.

That reminds me: I still haven't attempted the dragon trial yet lol. Completely forgot about that.

Brunire

Agreed. This will be my last month gunning for top 3k I was 2300 last night and woke up to 3100 generally I would lose about 3-400 spots overnight that I made up the next day so it's clear people are starting to refill for the end of the month...fuck that noise.

This happened to me, too. Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

this

aaand this.

I mean, I set my alarm last night to wake up at 2AM CT so I could get that early starter bonus in the arena. smh what is wrong with me

Syntsui

I'm done chasing the top 3k in the Arena. I either lose my sleep or my lapis for it. None are worth it. This is not designed for me.

Razmos

Have an arena week that bans cover cause fuck Cecil.
How about they just ban Cecil. Fuck anyone who uses him in PVP.

Nobody needs a good defending party in Arena, it is completely worthless other than breaking the streaks of other players and showing off how much of a whale you are.

Cecil is a broken piece of shit (he is literally bugged with the way he continues to cover after death) and is just incredibly annoying to deal with. And every fucker has one which just makes it worse.

It's what makes arena just not fun for me at all.
More fun parties like this please:
o2GP1Dm.png

eggydoo

Tried the new ELT with no base 5. Only 6* max I have is exdeath and cod. Yeah got destroyed even with a 700atk friend noctis, lol.
Took about 5 turns just to get him down to about 1/3 hp and he party wiped me.

How about they just ban Cecil. Fuck anyone who uses him in PVP.

Nobody needs a good defending party in Arena, it is completely worthless other than breaking the streaks of other players and showing off how much of a whale you are.

Cecil is a broken piece of shit (he is literally bugged with the way he continues to cover after death) and is just incredibly annoying to deal with. And every fucker has one which just makes it worse.

It's what makes arena just not fun for me at all.
More fun parties like this please:

While Cecil is annoying for sure he isn't bugged. It is already known that even in death cover tanks are designed to cover the entire turn even if they die. It's stupid but it's how it's supposed to be.

Whizkid7

Yeah was able to clear the new ELT version of raid but being relatively close to 12k the extra effort/points isn't worth the hassle. Will stick to pro and glide on in.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Complete aside as we can see this awful year coming to a close, finally.

I just realized (perhaps because my job involves me sitting in front of about 20 never-ending columns on Tweetdeck and Trump is doing dumb things on Twitter and suddenly I have this immediate need to think about FFBE instead) how very much I appreciate this game and this community as a mostly-healthy distraction from some of the really scary, really depressing shit happening out there.

Not sure what it all means to you, and I know we tend to get sappy in here, but my god I appreciate all of this so damn much. Thank you ExviusGAF!

Muku

While Cecil is annoying for sure he isn't bugged. It is already known that even in death cover tanks are designed to cover the entire turn even if they die. It's stupid but it's how it's supposed to be.

I don't even get how they can legit say it's supposed to be like that. I mean it's so ridiculous.

I just realized (perhaps because my job involves me sitting in front of about 20 never-ending columns on Tweetdeck and Trump is doing dumb things on Twitter and suddenly I have this immediate need to think about FFBE instead) how very much I appreciate this game and this community as a mostly-healthy distraction from some of the really scary, really depressing shit happening out there.

Not sure what it all means to you, and I know we tend to get sappy in here, but my god I appreciate all of this so damn much. Thank you ExviusGAF!

<3 It really is a crazy world right now. I like to think this is a nice distraction in it all. But at same time, trying to realize this is the crazy world we live in now. It just gets weirder. But this community is amazing. I love how we cheer each other on as well. It just makes a simple gacha game more meaningful.

H3xum

Back from my holiday travels. Was fun. Lots of food and drink. Completed the elt raid this morning without much of a problem thanks to Blazed Noctis and some dual cast/ Chiz chaining, I think three turns total.

Have been sort of out of the loop and I tried catching up reading previous pages of this thread but it was just upsetting me seeing all the Noctis pulls (had roughly 150 pulls and never even saw a rainbow let alone the prince), but was anything concrete pulled up for a New Years deal? Current chests expire tonight so wondering if anyone knows what, if anything, is going to fill their place.

Wrapping up TM grinding. Almost finished with my 3rd mag+30 and my 2nd Blade Mastery. Need to clear up as many unit slots as possible so I can claim the 30 gigantaurs (that was UNBELIEVABLY stupid how they handled that).

This is so beyond true right now. I can't begin to express how thankful I am to have something to escape into in which my biggest worry is that I'm still 12% away from a TM. And it's not an exaggeration to say that this community, both here and over at Discord, has helped reaffirm that there are good, helpful souls out there that are willing to just be... well... selfless and fun. Because the future looks awfully bleak right now and full of fear and angst.

It's great to have a place that I can call a refuge.

Back from my holiday travels. Was fun. Lots of food and drink. Completed the elt raid this morning without much of a problem thanks to Blazed Noctis and some dual cast/ Chiz chaining, I think three turns total.

Have been sort of out of the loop and I tried catching up reading previous pages of this thread but it was just upsetting me seeing all the Noctis pulls (had roughly 150 pulls and never even saw a rainbow let alone the prince), but was anything concrete pulled up for a New Years deal? Current chests expire tonight so wondering if anyone knows what, if anything, is going to fill their place.

Welcome back! As someone who is also Noctless, it was hard seeing how pretty much everyone on this board got him, and quite a number got dupes of him. So I feel your pain in that regard.

There hasn't been anything concrete regarding any New Years deals. In fact, the current presumption is that there won't be one as nothing has been datamined, which would be a first. Following in the footsteps of Christmas, I think most people are expecting another 5 tickets or something basic along those lines. We would all love to be proven wrong, of course. But I would keep your expectations along those lines instead of hoping for something grander.

Broseybrose

Well said.

I appreciate the community as much as you do. And these are definitely some scary times we're living in, whether you like Trump or not.

I hope you all have a safe and fun New Year. And I hope 2017 brings great things to everyone in here!

CCIE

Banned
I think they should just ban the Arena. You say ban Cecil, but those of us without a team of all-stars need him to even stay competitive. Noctis is ten times more annoying than Cecil is.

Celegus

Right with ya 100%. We need this kind of stuff to stay sane. Thankfully I can keep my distance from most of it, but enough of it slips through to be thoroughly depressing.

Also watch Yuri on Ice if you need a good pick me up, love love loved it!

Amen to this. Frankly, if it weren't for the community, I probably would've gotten bored of this game a long time ago. It's nice to "jointly" play a game; I haven't done this in a very long time -- so, thank you, everyone, for your continued support (to me and others) and providing the very welcome distraction from further escalating real world drama.

Nikokuno

Excalibur get. So close to lv20 lb as well!

HODgQpDl.png

Congrats!!

--

It's still annoying when Nox or FFBE just crash and I can do nothing because I'm sleeping &#128529;
I thought it will be smoother...

I'm currently farming 3 Shantotto, Arc and Jidane. Want to make my Exdeath deadly lol.

Lyrian

Does the new island really end at volcanic grounds? That was nothing, could've went farther than that.

Part 1 prolly? Not so long in the story yet so can't say for sure. But atleast on information they were speaking as Part 1.

There was a thread on Reddit that noted that when JP got Part 1 of Zolaad, there were 3 more dungeons before the intermission. (8 total, instead of 5).

So yeah, Global got effectively the first third (there are 15 total dungeons in Zolaad). Anyone's guess why. The question is whether Global gets the other 10 at once in January's update, or if for some reason it gets broken up into thirds again.

The community keeps me posting here as well, through all of our wins and losses. Very much glad to be here and be a part of this community.

I think there was a discussion a few pages back about the lack of lapis being given out anymore. I'm going to assert that I agree with what was discussed there, and add another good reason that I've observed.

As noted, tickets are like lapis, but locked into a given role. Lapis can do anything, while tickets can only summon units. That said, I truly believe that Gumi is pissed off because not only does macroing exist, people have figured out that lapis is generally better spent TM farming than pulling. As such, even F2Ps have power levels far beyond their weight class through some fortunate draws and macroing. As there are many, many players on my friend's lists with JP-like power levels (600-800+ ATK), the general power level of the high-end populace is far beyond where it was planned to be. A good example is today's supposedly hard ELT raid boss. Many here simply ROFLstomped it. Using one of the many GAF Noctii, I cleared it first try in I **think** four rounds completely blind with only Cecil taking ST melee damage.

So, Gumi is hard braking on the lapis spigot to severely curtail F2P TM farming. Kind of a bit late though, IMO, as many are already at the point of future self-sufficiency. Lapis will be simply dailies + the story releases from now on, with the preferred reward being tickets (as discussed by others earlier). That said, many free tickets are generally going to mean continued bad rates for banner units. But, on the other hand, rare 3 and 4* base units are becoming more common by the day.

Still, I have significant doubts about lapis bundles being as generous as they were during the Holidays in the future, at least for a good while. For those that can afford it, the Christmas bundle is probably the best deal that's going to happen for a long time in terms of raw lapis awarded.

Kouriozan

Damn at CoD with dual wield Golem Staff in the Arena, the AI will ALWAYS use barrage, always.
You're forced to watch the 50 mins long animation then dual cast stona.

Rixa

I think there was a discussion a few pages back about the lack of lapis being given out anymore. I'm going to assert that I agree with what was discussed there, and add anoth

Still, I have significant doubts about lapis bundles being as generous as they were during the Holidays in the future, at least for a good while. For those that can afford it, the Christmas bundle is probably the best deal that's going to happen for a long time in terms of raw lapis awarded.

I agree whole text. Good words my fellow ExviusGAFer. I suspect that next time there will be great Lapis bundle to buy is when Global hits 1 year as anniversary bundle.

I did stop doing daily pulls and using those "saved" Lapis to nrg. I think soon there will be time that I need to do story onwards & do missions same time to collect more nrg Lapis :p.

H3xum

Come on Gumi, don't disappoint with the New Year bundle/gift.

It might have just been my imagination since I logged in whilst surrounded by tons of family so I wasn't really paying attention but wasn't there a message that explicitly said come back on New Years for something sweet?

Rixa

It might have just been my imagination since I logged in whilst surrounded by tons of family so I wasn't really paying attention but wasn't there a message that explicitly said come back on New Years for something sweet?

We might or then again we might not :p

Capture%20(1).PNG

Syntsui

They said they might give something, they didn't give shit. No promise was broken.

Whales

Banned
I assume they're just gonna give us like 500 lapis or more tickets and be done with it

which is lame... I want dat 30% ATK materia

Alkez

Yes sir. I signed up to GAF just so I could contribute to this thread. I'm just grateful that I have been accepted by this great community. I take pride in saying I'm a gaffer.

Alkez

Also watch Yuri on Ice if you need a good pick me up, love love loved it!

Kpop and anime?? O Celegus, we really could be the best of friends irl lol.

I haven't watched Yuri yet though. It's on my exceedingly long crunchyroll list.

Grezak

Kpop and anime?? O Celegus, we really could be the best of friends irl lol.

I haven't watched Yuri yet though. It's on my exceedingly long crunchyroll list.

I just finished the series aswell, was a nice take on a different sports genre. Nothing too massive, but a worthy watch.

Alkez

I just finished the series aswell, was a nice take on a different sports genre. Nothing too massive, but a worthy watch.

Sports animes have definitely picked up in quality over the years. Haikyu may be one of the best animes I've seen in recent years.

H3xum

I wonder if I should take the time to 6* another Chiz. I don't have the Sakufabikaeruker, only 1 Chijiaweoufnaerg, otherwise I would without much hesitation. But then again maybe I should for chaining since I don't have any 5* base attackers. Hmmmmmmm

Grezak

Sports animes have definitely picked up in quality over the years. Haikyu may be one of the best animes I've seen in recent years.

Indeed, Kuroko no Basket and Haikyuu <3

Personal favourite of a totally different Sports one would be "Ping Pong" though, the animation is just something you either love or hate on that one <.<

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Now that I've evolved the first 5 Espers following the last couple events of good megacite output (yes, I've waited this long), I just grabbed Diabolos and now I'm ready to get Carbuncle. Which means I think I'm ready to catch up on the story.

Thanks Good Guy Gumi, giving me time to do that instead of some farming on an event for some questionably mundane equip. I mean it.

Grezak

Noctis is almost complete (wtb Ramza/Lawrence). Just a few more pots and 25% to 2nd Bracer

JNnyWik.jpg
3kZPET8.jpg

Then I've no idea on what to work on, probably 5x Ludmille.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom