• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawn of the Final Day.... of ever taking the arena seriously.

I am going to be so damn glad to never have to constantly be checking arena orbs, waking up in the middle of the night to clean out orbs, etc., etc.

Raid event is pretty much where I want it to be at this point, and Mercedes will be leveled up in by midday. Actually considering TM'ing today for a change.

What a weird feeling to have in this game.

Yep. Gonna do a refill probably to make sure I stay in top 3k for this month then it's just top 30k and otherwise not give a shit. Hell I am sitting on 2200 Arena coins at the moment to use because I don't need anymore damn stat pots right now.

Lyrian

Yep. Gonna do a refill probably to make sure I stay in top 3k for this month then it's just top 30k and otherwise not give a shit. Hell I am sitting on 2200 Arena coins at the moment to use because I don't need anymore damn stat pots right now.

That's the exact situation I'm in.

Bouncing around right on the 3k line, definitely will refresh later once if not twice to ensure I stay over the line. Needing to stay up to 2-3 AM to check ranking is complete crap though. Went through that nightmare before back when I played Marvel Puzzle Quest. No way in hell I am I going through that again, because the stress of constantly checking leaderboards day after day after day will literally break people.

Running out of options on pots as well as this point, especially MAG pots. At least someone on Reddit pointed out that healing does have a small MAG component, so that gave me an outlet for some of the massive number of MAG pots. Still, my Refia is maxed out outside of ATK pots now, Cecil is pretty much maxed as well, and most of the remainder of my A-team is at least halfway maxed. Don't know how I feel about giving pots to only situational team members.

That's the exact situation I'm in.

Bouncing around right on the 3k line, definitely will refresh later once if not twice to ensure I stay over the line. Needing to stay up to 2-3 AM to check ranking is complete crap though. Went through that nightmare before back when I played Marvel Puzzle Quest. No way in hell I am I going through that again, because the stress of constantly checking leaderboards day after day after day will literally break people.

Running out of options on pots as well as this point, especially MAG pots. At least someone on Reddit pointed out that healing does have a small MAG component, so that gave me an outlet for some of the massive number of MAG pots. Still, my Refia is maxed out outside of ATK pots now, Cecil is pretty much maxed as well, and most of the remainder of my A-team is at least halfway maxed. Don't know how I feel about giving pots to only situational team members.

Yeah before the time change for arena it was perfect for me as it was like 7 or 8pm EST...once it was changed to 3am...nah fuck that. Obviously I can't be mad about it because my timezone doesn't rule the world or anything but that was such a huge differential in time. Oh well 1 Moogle from Arena is fine per month as I am now starting to get into the territory of having most of the most needed TM's done anyway.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I don't give the arena NEARLY that much effort and wind up around 6-7-8k every week? And I get one fewer big pot than you top 3k types?

2. Anyone know if awakening vortex drops calamity gems? I need 8 to awaken Chizuru!

3. I don't think we're getting anything for New Years!

1. I don't give the arena NEARLY that much effort and wind up around 6-7-8k every week? And I get one fewer big pot than you top 3k types?

2. Anyone know if awakening vortex drops calamity gems? I need 8 to awaken Chizuru!

Weekly isn't a big deal the less pots are fine...it's the loss of a Trust Moogle for the month that sucks. But in the end if at least for me it isn't worth the effort anymore.

bonkeng

It's almost new year here in my country. So....

Happy-New-Year-2017-Greeting-Card.jpg

To you all :)

Lyrian

1) It's more about the end of month bonus TM moogle, not the pots, that was the draw.

2) Nope.

3) It's either more tickets or a friendly January daily login calendar. Both of those announcements can be conveniently hidden behind a jpeg and/or a server email and not be able to be revealed through datamining.

There's a big difference between 3k place per week and 6k place per week in terms of effort needed. At 6k place, not a whole lot of effort is needed. But rest assured, there are probably 3-4k people per week trying to damnest to land in the top 3k and that pretty much means hitting 22-23 out of the 24 possible orbs per day at high scoring targets without losing (losing = spending lapis to make up for lost ground). It's a whole different ball game.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Weekly isn't a big deal the less pots are fine...it's the loss of a Trust Moogle for the month that sucks. But in the end if at least for me it isn't worth the effort anymore.

Right, I did leave that part out. I do suspect that once we have more of the 'i have all the TMs i needed for my OP units' types like you and lyrian above drop out of the arena grind that we'll see a less intense requirement to stay up there. This could be totally naive and way too optimistic!

Lyrian

Right, I did leave that part out. I do suspect that once we have more of the 'i have all the TMs i needed for my OP units' types like you and lyrian above drop out of the arena grind that we'll see a less intense requirement to stay up there. This could be totally naive and way too optimistic!

LOL, I wish it was that easy.

Sadly, as long as there are new users entering the game, there will be a constant stream of new people to take the place the ones of that drop out of the competitive arena scene.

Lyrian

Still irked that Gumi cut Zoldaad Part 1 so short compared to JP.

Because of this, there is no farmable source of Fire Megacrysts on the new isle until next month, were Megacrysts drop like candy compared to previous isles.

Love Timber Tracks though. Zone is silly easy outside of the bosses. Good SC drop rate on bosses as well.

Sucks though that most everyone has moved their friend units over to Noctis, who completely sucks a long-haul exploration farming efficiency. Lightning and Luneth still rule the roost there (and the very few tricked out Exdeaths with 600-700+ MAG).

UrSuLeTzU

Maybe the New Year gift will be an amazing daily reward month for January, will ensure people will play daily!

Or maybe Gumi found out the world is going to end b4 they can roll out Orlandu and they will give us a "special" guaranteed ticket for him on his first banner just to show us they are good guys after all!

Happy new years to everyone! May 2017 bring the rainbows to all of our Exvius pulls, since I have a suspicious feeling we won't get many in real life.

Syntsui

Still irked that Gumi cut Zoldaad Part 1 so short compared to JP.

Because of this, there is no farmable source of Fire Megacrysts on the new isle until next month, were Megacrysts drop like candy compared to previous isles.

Love Timber Tracks though. Zone is silly easy outside of the bosses. Good SC drop rate on bosses as well.

Sucks though that most everyone has moved their friend units over to Noctis, who completely sucks a long-haul exploration farming efficiency. Lightning and Luneth still rule the roost there (and the very few tricked out Exdeaths with 600-700+ MAG).
He has infinite MP, how does he suck. I'd rather have him than any character in the game for long explorations.

Kouriozan

Or maybe Gumi found out the world is going to end b4 they can roll out Orlandu and they will give us a "special" guaranteed ticket for him on his first banner just to show us they are good guys after all!
They're going to send us the content of the Japanese bundle for free!

Shouta

Picked up the bundle in JP as soon as it was available. New goodies ahoy. Shame Kingsglaive collaboration doesn't start for another 14 hours.

Kouriozan

I guess it's too much to ask for a bloody ATK +30%, even though JP got it last year and it was earlier in their schedule than the current Global state.
I would have broke the 800 ATK barrier already with it :(

Oh well, I still have my rainbow Hope.

Vamphuntr

Me, too, but it won't be anything like that. I think that's a given. I would love that sword, though.

Seems you also get 1000 lapis from logging in once in the New Year then a free pull every day until the 9th.

I would be fine with the 10k pull JP got last year. It was basically 3 x 5* pull, the gold equip and the ATK + 30% materia

EDarkness

Seems you also get 1000 lapis from logging in once in the New Year then a free pull every day until the 9th.

I would be fine with the 10k pull JP got last year. It was basically 3 x 5* pull, the gold equip and the ATK + 30% materia

There's no way we're getting that. Heh, I should be playing the Japanese version of the game. They get some sweet stuff.

SeanTSC

Really grosses me out how Gumi treats us like second or third, or worse, class citizens compared to JP. I'm glad I've been as lucky as I have on pulls and I feel that I've spent far, far too much with the 180ish I've dropped on it since release. Not giving them another dime unless they up their game.

Kouriozan

That's because the average Japanese players pay way more than US/EU/Asia combined, so they get more gift.
But even then the New Year bundle isn't free so it's baffling they won't do it.

CCIE

Banned
Well, PoC get!!! My Light now has a respectable 680 ATK. So pulled the Snow I was baking for another Chiz so both Light and Chiz will have blade mastery...

New TM train has 2xChiz, Zidane, and 2XMiuki. So in another month or so I will have two respectable attack units.. Then I will go back and finish off my Belts and start working on either Mercedes or Magic, and of course another Zidane

But finally, my own little dolphin unit!

Happy New Year everyone!

Got Magi Staff and Excalibur #2! Goodbye, Lenna and Cecil dupes. Just realized that I need a third Blade Mastery, but for now--

Luneth, Ramza, Karl, 2x Hayate. Noct gonna work in like... I don't know, a month? Not really spending Lapis on refreshes anymore.

EDarkness

JP Bundle is 5000 Lapis. Standard 10 pull.

Last year was a way worse bundle at 5k and 10k Lapis. The 30% atk came with the 10k Lapis bundle as I recall.

Hmmm...5000 lapis doesn't sound too bad. I'd pay that to get those kinds of rewards. Even have 5k lapis saved up. I doubt we're getting something like that, though.

What did everyone think of the 300 lapis for 2 tickets, magic key, and magicite we just had? I actually thought that was a pretty good deal.

Shouta

Hmmm...5000 lapis doesn't sound too bad. I'd pay that to get those kinds of rewards. Even have 5k lapis saved up. I doubt we're getting something like that, though.

What did everyone think of the 300 lapis for 2 tickets, magic key, and magicite we just had? I actually thought that was a pretty good deal.

300 Lapis for tickets + magic key is very good. half-pulls are 250 so getting 3 for 50 more Lapis is excellent. JP had that too. That's why there's a chance GL will get a bundle as well.

EDarkness

300 Lapis for tickets + magic key is very good. half-pulls are 250 so getting 3 for 50 more Lapis is excellent. JP had that too. That's why there's a chance GL will get a bundle as well.

Whoa...so Japanese folks got that, too. Okay...I guess there's a chance we'll get it. *fingers crossed*

I totally loved that deal. Allowed me to build up my ticket pool for whenever the next awesome unit is released. I do think that the 15,000 Gil for one 6* mat is terrible, though.

CCIE

Banned
Darkness - I was lapis poor, and still bought the 300 lapis bundle every day. I'm back up to almost 3000 lapis, which will go to TM farm refreshes. I've almost finished redoing the second island of Grandshelt, but now am working through the new island story... three battles at a time, once a day.

I'm all about the TM farming to improve the units I have. Since 5* bases don't seem to like me much at this point in time.

I spent all of the tickets though... have to rebuild those

Well, PoC get!!! My Light now has a respectable 680 ATK. So pulled the Snow I was baking for another Chiz so both Light and Chiz will have blade mastery...

New TM train has 2xChiz, Zidane, and 2XMiuki. So in another month or so I will have two respectable attack units.. Then I will go back and finish off my Belts and start working on either Mercedes or Magic, and of course another Zidane

But finally, my own little dolphin unit!

Happy New Year everyone!

Your Lightning, like we said, is going to be absolutely beastly. (I almost feel bad for Gumi, considering TM macros have utterly thrown GL for a loop, and thus I agree with Lyrian's assessment re: tickets vs. lapis.) Same with the Chorizo. Glad that you decided to go that route, and I'm also glad that it's apparently fulfilling.

... I also may take a break from TM farming and do Phantom Forest macro farming. Got some weak espers.

Rixa

JP had 3 tix right? We had 2 tix and 3 magicite & megacite (JP ha 10? each) and 1 key.

Shouta

JP had 3 tix right? We had 2 tix and 3 magicite & megacite (JP ha 10? each) and 1 key.

JP was 2 tickets, 1 key, then rotating megacite x10, (the big ones you feed to the Summons) with 3 star quartz on the first and last days.

CCIE

Banned
Advocatus - once I get Chizuru up to speed in a month or so, she will get Ifrit, and Light will get Diabolos. It will take a little attack away from Light, but she will gain a lot in Magic, and it will get Chiz above 700 ATK as well. I will have two units in the mid 700's according to the database. My Light is fully potted on ATK, MAG, and MP... it makes a difference. Chiz is almost fully potted on ATK, but I have no idea what else to work on.

My Refia is actually the MVP, fully potted on SPR, DEF, and HP, and wearing the Bustier, and 2X Muscle Belts, and sporting the Force Shield as well. She's damned hard to kill, and will be much harder when I finish the Garnet's I'm farming down the line. They are in the "next" batch of TM's after this...

TM farming is where the power curve is in this game. Having 5* base units would be great, but I will be in really good shape with my current team anyway, and to be honest I wish I hadn't spent everything trying to get Noctis. But I did get two Chiz, which is utterly invaluable. Especially if I could just draw Firion one of these days to fill out my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom