• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

lawls 5 more tickets for New Years. Thanks Gumi. How thoughtful. :/

Whales... because Global. Everyone knows Gumi hates Global

SeanTSC

Insane how much better they treat the JP player base. =(

If I wasn't so happy with my luck I'd be pretty royally pissed right now. I'm still annoyed as hell though, god.

At least the daily rewards for the monthly are a ton better than last month's bullshit.

Muku

Fuuuuck I finished 3006 in arena.

Oh that sucks. :(

Also ... Gumi... please just go DIAF. Seriously. 5 tickets on a shit banner that has stayed up a second week with no good banner in sight.

EDarkness: SIGN ME UP!!

Syntsui

Finally a good month for lapis, lol at no bundles. Gumi treats us like fucking garbage and there are people that are grateful for it.

Maybe the New Year gift will be an amazing daily reward month for January, will ensure people will play daily!

So, Gumi is hard braking on the lapis spigot to severely curtail F2P TM farming. Kind of a bit late though, IMO, as many are already at the point of future self-sufficiency. Lapis will be simply dailies + the story releases from now on, with the preferred reward being tickets (as discussed by others earlier). That said, many free tickets are generally going to mean continued bad rates for banner units. But, on the other hand, rare 3 and 4* base units are becoming more common by the day.

Well... you were both completely prophetic. January really is a great daily bonus calendar, and I think Lyrian was spot-on with the idea to shift to tickets as rewards.

SeanTSC

Finally a good month for lapis, lol at no bundles. Gumi treats us like fucking garbage and there are people that are grateful for it.

And it's not just the far more amazing bundles either. It's all the better bonuses too, like free pulls for a week.

Vamphuntr

GL doesn't even have a new banner. JP is getting Kingsglaive today. So disappointed in no New Year Bundle. I'll have lapis for the next good banner I guess.

January Dailies are kinda good though. No fillers.

900 Lapis
9 Summoning Tickets
90 Arena Summons
10% Moogle.

Yeah, I wanted a bundle too. But I'm also okay with the daily special being Fire Megacrysts today, for instance.

The real question, as Lyrian predicted, is whether this shift towards handing out tickets like candy impacts the summon rates and whether we'll ever be rid of Troll Rainbows. I could very easily see them hand out dozens of tickets, limit the amount of lapis, and just dial back 5* rates even more than they are already. Similarly, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to boost rates for spending lapis (kind of like the 10+1 pulls) rather than using tickets.

Shouta

Two 10 pulls, 1 Glauca and 4 Libertus. No Nyx. =(

I got 2 more Wind Veritas for Spear Mastery though. I definitely have to farm that up.

Pejo

Man, I reloaded my game 3 times hoping the new years bundles just didn't drop yet. What a fucking joke. They could at least have given us a 5-10k lapis bundle that had the ATK+30 materia in it.

How do they justify this decision when it's pretty much already known what JP gets the moment it's released thanks to the internet?

EDarkness

Yeah, I wanted a bundle too. But I'm also okay with the daily special being Fire Megacrysts today, for instance.

The real question, as Lyrian predicted, is whether this shift towards handing out tickets like candy impacts the summon rates and whether we'll ever be rid of Troll Rainbows. I could very easily see them hand out dozens of tickets, limit the amount of lapis, and just dial back 5* rates even more than they are already. Similarly, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to boost rates for spending lapis (kind of like the 10+1 pulls) rather than using tickets.

I think we're definitely going in that direction. It seems like the lapis they're giving away is a lot less than it was when I first started back in July. These days they generally give away tickets or energy if they're giving something. They also have arena tickets to fall back on and they've been using them as well.

It's a bummer and I figured they MIGHT give us the bundle just to get us to use up this lapis we've been sitting on based on the fact that we got the 300 lapis bundle like Japan did. However, seems my original guess was right and they just gave us tickets. Nothing special...just tickets. Honestly, I have all the characters I can use right now so I have no need of tickets. So frustrating.

_woLf

Daily pull for fun and got a gold Santa Roselia.

Could've been worse. Maybe my luck in this game will be better in 2017.

SeanTSC

I think we're definitely going in that direction. It seems like the lapis they're giving away is a lot less than it was when I first started back in July. These days they generally give away tickets or energy if they're giving something. They also have arena tickets to fall back on and they've been using them as well.

It's a bummer and I figured they MIGHT give us the bundle just to get us to use up this lapis we've been sitting on based on the fact that we got the 300 lapis bundle like Japan did. However, seems my original guess was right and they just gave us tickets. Nothing special...just tickets. Honestly, I have all the characters I can use right now so I have no need of tickets. So frustrating.

Super frustrating. I'm probably just going to hoard my tickets until the Tidus/Rikku banner. Not giving Gumi another freaking dime for sure.

Shouta

Libertus' Limit Break is a car driving in and hitting the enemy... lol

I wish JP got tickets daily. We get them after streams and the like but it'd be nice to be able to collect them towards an event.

Super frustrating. I'm probably just going to hoard my tickets until the Tidus/Rikku banner. Not giving Gumi another freaking dime for sure.

Same. I'm skipping Orlandu because of the shit banner and because my team's admittedly stacked, but you'd think they'd have a better business model. I would've dropped $20 in New Years cheer for a lapis boost and -- I don't know, not even tickets, but Megacite or a special New Years recipe.

bonkeng

Libertus' Limit Break is a car driving in and hitting the enemy... lol

I wish JP got tickets daily. We get them after streams and the like but it'd be nice to be able to collect them towards an event.

Just like how he did it in Kingsglaive lol.

Must deal shitty damage too, since it didn't even scratch Glauca when he got hit by it lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Happy New Year FBE GAF.

I dont understand why people are complaining about 5 free tickets and cool login rewards for this month - then again i dont have to understand everything heh.

SeanTSC

Same. I'm skipping Orlandu because of the shit banner and because my team's admittedly stacked, but you'd think they'd have a better business model. I would've dropped $20 in New Years cheer for a lapis boost and -- I don't know, not even tickets, but Megacite or a special New Years recipe.

Yep, and most of the banners are junky until Tidus/Rikku. The first Tidus banner with Abel, if we get it, is decent due to the DW dagger, but I'm praying that I pick up another Zidane before then. If I got another couple key 3* TM units that I need I may even stop daily pulling all together.

Muku

Happy New Year FBE GAF.

I dont understand why people are complaining about 5 free tickets and cool login rewards for this month - then again i dont have to understand everything heh.

Is our reward the calendar? Seems lack luster, but then again I'm not a huge fan of the Arena tickets. I know, I know. Pots. But it's such a boring reward.

Also, these tickets.. what are we to do with them? Doubtful we'll have a good banner for a long time at this rate. Especially when they kept the exceptionally lackluster and awful one we have now for an additional week. Tickets mean nothing if you don't have anything to spend them on. At least materia or gear you can use now and swap it around on characters if need be.

Tickets are the cheap "I don't know what to get you for Christmas so I got you a gift card for Taco Bell" kind of thing.

EDarkness

Happy New Year FBE GAF.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I have all the characters I need right now. I have no real use for tickets, so it would have been nice to get something cool to spend the lapis I have. A new recipe, a new weapon, a new item, new matiera or something. At this moment, that is more valuable to me than tickets. I could be happy not summoning anything for a long time, but new gear would be great. Considering that Japan got a great bundle with a 30% ATK materia, that's frustrating. I'd much rather have the materia than the tickets.

It's good that they're useful to everyone else, though. So if you can make use of them, then that's great.

Ken

Happy New Year FBE GAF.

In a vacuum it's ok.

And then you compare it to what JP got.

Shouta

What was that?

10000 Lapis for:
3 Rainbow summons
A set of gold equipment
1 30% atk materia

3000 Lapis:
1 Rainbow summon
A set of mythril equipment
1 10% atk materia

Super shitty bundles. No bundle is preferable because at least it doesn't look like they're ripping you off lol

Vamphuntr

JP last year was 3 x 5* pull, the gold items and ATK + 30% materia for 10k lapis. The pool of character was apparently bad with no 6* yet though. Still with the amount of lapis required for TMR the materia was probably worth it alone.

10000 Lapis for:
3 Rainbow summons
A set of gold equipment
1 30% atk materia

3000 Lapis:
1 Rainbow summon
1 10% atk materia

Super shitty bundles. No bundle is preferable because at least it doesn't look like they're ripping you off lol

I'd buy both of these

Shouta

JP last year was 3 x 5* pull, the gold items and ATK + 30% materia for 10k lapis. The pool of character was apparently bad with no 6* yet though. Still with the amount of lapis required for TMR the materia was probably worth it alone.

No base summon changes either so it was bad. You were better off doing a 10 pull and getting dupes then farming for a TMR with Lapis.

30% atk was also really overated at the time because of the low base attack early on. It's gotten better now though.

Kouriozan

Good morning, I see we got 5 tickets, that's too generous!
Thanks Gumi, I won't have to buy 20€ worth of Lapis for the New Year bundle we didn't get, really appreciated!

Chinner

Banned
10000 Lapis for:
3 Rainbow summons
A set of gold equipment
1 30% atk materia

3000 Lapis:
1 Rainbow summon
1 10% atk materia

No base summon changes either so it was bad. You were better off doing a 10 pull and getting dupes then farming for a TMR with Lapis.

30% atk was also really overated at the time because of the low base attack early on. It's gotten better now though.
Don't think they'd offer thst bundle bow with the new gacha rates..

across

Months into GL with multiple data points of them diverging from what JP does and people are still expecting some sort of slavish dedication to what the latter does.

Instead of thinking about it as 'JP Christmas bundle #1 and #2', think about them as '2 months after release bundle' and '14 months after release bundle'. We were expecting '6 months after release bundle'.

Then adjust your expectations to account for content disparities and the overwhelming prevalence of TM farming. I'd hazard a guess that a sizable chunk of the people here (and on Reddit, fwiw) aching for ATK+30% already have Power of Creation (which was 10 months after release in JP, for anyone keeping up).

Adjust your expectations again to account for the well-documented differences on what the playerbase of each region is willing to spend.

After all that adjusting, be honest: does the bundle that's in your head look remarkably similar in broad value to the Adamantite Yuletide bundle? If not, is that Gumi's fault, or yours?

Chinner

Banned
Was TM farming a big thing in Japan as early in its release as it is here? I can imagine it making balance for all players a difficult task.

bonkeng

Maybe we should stop comparing Global and Japan so we won't get disappointed.

Please GAF, we're better than Reddit. Stop complaining everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom