• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Darkness - I was lapis poor, and still bought the 300 lapis bundle every day. I'm back up to almost 3000 lapis, which will go to TM farm refreshes. I've almost finished redoing the second island of Grandshelt, but now am working through the new island story... three battles at a time, once a day.

I'm all about the TM farming to improve the units I have. Since 5* bases don't seem to like me much at this point in time.

I spent all of the tickets though... have to rebuild those

Yeah, that 300 lapis bundle was too good. I ended up keeping over half of them in order to save up for the FFX banner.

I wish I could get into the TM farming, but it's sooooo boring that I can't do it for more than a few minutes at a time. Since I'm on a Mac, macroing isn't something I can do easily. On top of that, I don't have my game connected to a Facebook account.

Having dual wield is awesome, though. The quest to have a badass CoD continues!

The crazy thing is I don't need more summons now. The Noctis banner was good to me so I'm much more interested in weapons and materia. I hope they add more recipes for that kind of stuff in the future. Having to get gear ONLY through TMs kinda sucks.

Congrats on getting yours built up. I hope to be using your Lightning to carry me through some difficulties in the future! :D

Syrus

Banned
Advocatus - once I get Chizuru up to speed in a month or so, she will get Ifrit, and Light will get Diabolos. It will take a little attack away from Light, but she will gain a lot in Magic, and it will get Chiz above 700 ATK as well. I will have two units in the mid 700's according to the database. My Light is fully potted on ATK, MAG, and MP... it makes a difference. Chiz is almost fully potted on ATK, but I have no idea what else to work on.

My Refia is actually the MVP, fully potted on SPR, DEF, and HP, and wearing the Bustier, and 2X Muscle Belts, and sporting the Force Shield as well. She's damned hard to kill, and will be much harder when I finish the Garnet's I'm farming down the line. They are in the "next" batch of TM's after this...

TM farming is where the power curve is in this game. Having 5* base units would be great, but I will be in really good shape with my current team anyway, and to be honest I wish I hadn't spent everything trying to get Noctis. But I did get two Chiz, which is utterly invaluable. Especially if I could just draw Firion one of these days to fill out my team.

Why garnet?

My refia has ahield too. Havent bought force shield. May get Aegis one day.

Mine has 250 def n 370ish spr , pretty tanky. 2 musclebelts too lol. Shes a beast.

Yeah, that 300 lapis bundle was too good. I ended up keeping over half of them in order to save up for the FFX banner.

I wish I could get into the TM farming, but it's sooooo boring that I can't do it for more than a few minutes at a time. Since I'm on a Mac, macroing isn't something I can do easily. On top of that, I don't have my game connected to a Facebook account.

Having dual wield is awesome, though. The quest to have a badass CoD continues!

The crazy thing is I don't need more summons now. The Noctis banner was good to me so I'm much more interested in weapons and materia. I hope they add more recipes for that kind of stuff in the future. Having to get gear ONLY through TMs kinda sucks.

Congrats on getting yours built up. I hope to be using your Lightning to carry me through some difficulties in the future! :D

Make a fake Facebook account and connect it. Just in case. Also, there are Mac emulators -- Andy, for instance. I think CCIE uses that.

That said, I agree 100% with not wanting more units. I got Chorizo to 6*, but she doesn't really have a spot in my team, even though she was the first unit I truly wanted. Guess I'll level Agrias to 80 in preparation for her Orlando Jr. role, as well as banking Gigantuars for Rain.

CCIE

Banned
Syrus - 2xGarnet adds an additional 40% elemental resistance, so that she will essentially have more than 5500HP, decent defense, and 80% resistance to every common element with the Force Shield and Bustier. So magic will have little effect on her

As Valentus said, I am trying to build it one unit at a time. But Refia is the most valuable unit, because Full-life at a measly 20MP is amazing. Especially when you can use dual cast.

For example... wasn't paying attention against elite Frosty, and he killed EVERY unit I had with the exception of Refia in one turn. Next turn, brought Light back to life, as well as friend unit Noctis, and the turn after that Chiz and ExDeath. Ended up winning anyway...

Dark - I'm on a Mac, and can show you how to macro with Andy and Automator. But honestly, I just use Switch Control on my phone for most of my TM farming.

Lyrian

He has infinite MP, how does he suck. I'd rather have him than any character in the game for long explorations.

Yes he does, but his AoE costs 45 MP. That means a lot of wasted time sitting there manually casting Cover and waiting, equating to longer exploration runs. 17 MP Area Blasts from an MP pot-capped Lightning is far more efficient.

Second Omnirod! :D will come in handy for sure. Totally new TM team now.

Well, PoC get!!! My Light now has a respectable 680 ATK. So pulled the Snow I was baking for another Chiz so both Light and Chiz will have blade mastery...

New TM train has 2xChiz, Zidane, and 2XMiuki. So in another month or so I will have two respectable attack units.. Then I will go back and finish off my Belts and start working on either Mercedes or Magic, and of course another Zidane

But finally, my own little dolphin unit!

Happy New Year everyone!

Got Magi Staff and Excalibur #2! Goodbye, Lenna and Cecil dupes. Just realized that I need a third Blade Mastery, but for now--

Luneth, Ramza, Karl, 2x Hayate. Noct gonna work in like... I don't know, a month? Not really spending Lapis on refreshes anymore.

Grats to everyone on their TMs, and Happy New Year to all!

Grezak

Yes he does, but his AoE costs 45 MP. That means a lot of wasted time sitting there manually casting Cover and waiting, equating to longer exploration runs. 17 MP Area Blasts from an MP pot-capped Lightning is far more efficient.

He has point warp though which is nice for mana regen and heals him for 2k negating the need for cura which Lightning needs on the other hand.

EDIT* Although Maxwell will be even more efficient with her 6 star awakening. Autoregen on steroids, cheap AoE like Light and Auto refresh <.<

robotuw

I want an iron man mode in the arena one week, where your status carries over between fights and it becomes entirely about how you can take out the enemy team with minimal mp use and utilize characters who regenerate mp. That would shake things up a lot more than banning dualcast for the Nth time.

SeanTSC

So, TM plan outline, bear with me!

Current line up with some rotation is:

Noctis x2, Cecil, Refia, Elza, ExDeath (and CoD for Arena).

I also have 4 more ExDeaths (with one at like 54/80, rest just base), and max leveled Cecil2, Firion, Bartz, WoL, Maxwell, BC Lid, Garnet, Lenna, Tellah, Artemios, Xiao, Garland, Chizuru, Golbez, Agrias, Celes, Lasswell, and Rain.

Completed TMs: 1 Dual Wield, 1 Dual Cast, 1 Gungnir, and 1 Excalibur.

Current TM farm: Maxwell (38.2%), Chiziru1 (42.1%), Miyuki1 (47.5%), Gaffgarion1 (83.4%), and Elza (84.9%).

Potential TMs: 2 more Chizuru, 2 more Miyuki, 2 more Gaffgarion, 1 more Cecil (30.1%), Bartz x2 (#1 25.8%) , Hayate x4, Noctis x2, ExDeath x5, BC Lid x1 (17.3%), Mercedes x3, Farris x1 (30%), Ingus x4 (#1 20%) , Refia x3 (#1 19.3%), Arc x1 (30%), Sazh x1, Mustadio x5, Alma x1, Agrias x1 (17.2%), Charlotte x2 (#1 45%), Lani x1, Amarant x1, Garnet x1 (10.2%), Lenna x1 (30.6%), Kefka x3, Celes x3 (#1 4.9%), Locke x1, Xiao x2 (#1 14.2%), Vaan x1, Terra x2, Garland x1 (15%), and Kain x1.

My current goal is to finish that TM group and gear up Noctis Prime. Swapping in Gaffgarion2 and Hayate1 after Elza and Gaff1 finish.

After that... I think gearing up Noct2 is the best path? Appreciate any advice and input here, though just talking to myself helps too! Maybe swap in Cecil2, Chizuru2, and Gaffgarion3 as things finish?. Given that I'm not going to be burning any Lapis doing this I assume that the trial with the Genji Blade would be out right around the time Miyuki #2 would be done otherwise I'd rotate her in.

And then... I don't know. Buff up Refia/Cecil/WoL? Plan for Firion in the future and hope I draw 2 Snows? Pimp ExDeath Prime out with a Ring of the Lucii and 4x L&A? I badly need 2 more DWs of some sort, so I'm saving Moogles for them. More TMs for Arena would be nice, but I mostly 1-turn anyone as is with either a Blizz or Lightning chain with Noctx2, ExDeath, CoD, and Cecil so I feel that's super low priority and that I should focus on PVE instead.

I keep hearing that 2 Tanks is the go to strat for PVE content in the future. So would my group be Noct x2, WoL, Cecil, Refia for that? Drop a tank for Firion after his 6* when I don't need 2 tanks? I had plans for Garland, but drawing 2 Noctis kinda made that pointless I feel. And I love Elza, but it feels like she's just not the best choice with the potential units I have and how badly her abilities chain.

Much of this is going to take a long time since I'm not interested in dropping anymore money on this (188ish total since I started playing) and I can't really afford to right now anyways. But yeah, thanks in advance, any input is greatly appreciated.

Broseybrose

I'm spending this entire weekend at the Dunes, as I have to 6* max Chizuru, Mercedes, Snow, and also possibly Cerius and Medius.

Can't get enough cactaurs!

Just took a look at my silly "reroll" account, and... it's not bad. Chorizo, Miyuki, Exdeath, Terra/Celes/Kefka, Charlotte.

Maybe I'll keep rerolling until I get a base 5* that I can hand off to someone here.

Ken

So wait, how do Amazon Coins play into the picture? Can they be used to buy lapis?

yeah

u have to be using the exvius downloaded through amazon underground

when you go to purchase you click on the price and you can choose to pay in coins or not

you also earn coins when you buy stuff and can buy coins straight up through amazon

CCIE

Banned
Ran so much TMR today, that I exhausted my FL. Had to wait half an hour for the FL to repopulate before continuing...

Kouriozan

Ok for once I'll be optimistic and say that Gumi is preparing an Happy New Year and thanks for playing campaign with extensive gifts like the Japanese anniversary wave 1/2.

leehom

Orlandu 2017 or I rage quit.

Lightning has eluded me twice and Noctis once. Dropped the kitchen sink and the farm trying to get both of them....

NomarTyme

Syrus - 2xGarnet adds an additional 40% elemental resistance, so that she will essentially have more than 5500HP, decent defense, and 80% resistance to every common element with the Force Shield and Bustier. So magic will have little effect on her

As Valentus said, I am trying to build it one unit at a time. But Refia is the most valuable unit, because Full-life at a measly 20MP is amazing. Especially when you can use dual cast.

For example... wasn't paying attention against elite Frosty, and he killed EVERY unit I had with the exception of Refia in one turn. Next turn, brought Light back to life, as well as friend unit Noctis, and the turn after that Chiz and ExDeath. Ended up winning anyway...

Dark - I'm on a Mac, and can show you how to macro with Andy and Automator. But honestly, I just use Switch Control on my phone for most of my TM farming.
Hmm didn't know that you can stack garnet's tm. Good to know.

UrSuLeTzU

Happy new year guys&gals! May 2017 bring us a brigther future with a reformed GUMI that actually cares about it's global players!

Celegus

Happy New Year's Exvius friends!

My wife finally got her first Zidane on her daily today (first one she's done on this banner actually) and pumped him full of moogles, wooooo!

Xion86

Happy New Year to all my Exvius GAF friends :) such a great community here, I hope it doesn't die down for 2017. It's great how an addictive, fun, sometimes annoying and sometimes surprising mobile game can bring a group of nice people together like this and help each other out. 2016 was a great year for the game and also a great year for Final Fantasy too.

Hope the new year brings you all lots of luck and Rainbows :).

Lyrian

He has point warp though which is nice for mana regen and heals him for 2k negating the need for cura which Lightning needs on the other hand.

EDIT* Although Maxwell will be even more efficient with her 6 star awakening. Autoregen on steroids, cheap AoE like Light and Auto refresh <.<

Any Lightning with 400 or so ATK can one shot trash waves with her AoE? She should never need healing.

The point was that if I have to spend turns in-battle regenerating MP, that's generally too slow for my tastes. That's what ethers and tents are for.

My typical full exploration run cycle:

1) Bring 500+ (600+ if available) ATK Lightning/Luneth to accompany powerleveling unit.
2) Lightning/Luneth 17 AP AoE one shots every wave.
3) Repeat until Zone 1 is cleared.
4) Move to Zone 2.
5) Repeat clearing until Lightning/Luneth's MP is depleted.
6) Move to boss.
7) Tent
8) Kill boss.
9) Clear remainder of Zone 2. If for some reason extra MP is needed to finish the clear, stall in battle or use an ether (only ever a possible issue if the Lightning/Luneth has been not buffed with MP pots and running only on base MP).

Happy New Year's Exvius friends!

My wife finally got her first Zidane on her daily today (first one she's done on this banner actually) and pumped him full of moogles, wooooo!

Grats! Someday, I'll pull a Zidane, honest!

Muku

Whelp I may just blow some tickets or something to ease my pain from OSUs asstastic performance.

Dude... the three big games I was waiting for. Louisville blew it. Huskies blew it. Thank god Clemson won. Won't be burning tickets because I'm sure I'd be getting Almas today.

Whales

Banned
happy new year everyone! Hopefully our pulls are better in 2017 :p

Will prob stay up until 3am and see if there are any new year bundles...

EDarkness

Happy New Year! It's finally 2017 on the west coast U.S.A. I wish everyone the best and hope this year is better than the last.

Let's hope we got that sweet bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom