• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

I thought we would be a 10M Global download already, since GL + JP was at 17M 2 weeks ago.

IiR1zLY.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Maybe we should stop comparing Global and Japan so we won't get disappointed.

Please GAF, we're better than Reddit. Stop complaining everyday.

As someone who complains alot i have to agree.

The Christmas Bundle was THE bundle for iAP people to get, even myself as non-iap was interested to get it. In the last couple weeks we got the improved Gacha rates for 3*, Global exclusive units, Noctis banner with some nice featured units...just need to be happy for the stuff we have and get instead of always comparing it with the JPN version. Also no one stops Gaffers from starting and playing the Japanese version.

Also just because we didnt get such a bundle now doesnt mean that we will never get it - i rather have them drop a useful bundle around the time we get Orlandu instead of right now - the New Years Banner is lackluster for most invested players.

Razmos

I always love it when the global version of games get treated like a red-headed stepchild compared to Japan lol.

That being said, this month's daily login calendar is amazeballs.

SeanTSC

It's hard to not complain when it feels like you're being treated worse purely based on the region you live in and the language that you speak. Overall it's hard not to feel like like Japan gets treated better in general and we're both playing the same game and paying them money.

Regardless of the content release schedule things like Quality of Life improvements shouldn't be held back. They badly need to tighten up their pipeline and get those out to us asap, not on some ear-marked date down the road along side specific story content - that kind of thing is ludicrous. Story/Events are one thing, bugs fix and system improvements are something else entirely and their system is currently really awful.

Plus, Japan has had their anniversary events back to back with the holidays and New Years and has been getting amazing bonuses and they've really gotten an embarassment of riches throughout the whole thing.

Meanwhile, we had the crappy FF13 event that started with an atrocious drop rate, one decent bundle, a very lackluster Christmas event that feels like it's been going on forever that includes one of the worst units available made into a still completely trash "Global Exclusive 6*", and a couple tickets for New Years. Oh, and our Noctis got nerfed a shitload despite Forever-Jesus Orlandu being right around the corner and we have no idea if Gumi will bump him up to where he is in JP, if we'll have to pay for Enhancements to do it, or if that's just how he's going to be forever. And we might be stuck with an immensely inferior TMR item.

So, yeah. I can't fault people for feeling dismayed right now. At least it'll probably blow over in a couple weeks once the Anniversary stuff and Holiday crap is out of our minds for a while.

Shouta

I always love it when the global version of games get treated like a red-headed stepchild compared to Japan lol.

That being said, this month's daily login calendar is amazeballs.

GL is getting a free 10% TM moogle for just logging in. That doesn't even happen in JP except outside of maybe super special occasions. The daily and monthly rewards were better for GL for quite awhile too. JP actually had to catch up on that front.

The amount of complaining about GL is absolutely ridiculous.

Kouriozan

Honestly would have bought 10k lapis for only a 30% ATK materia, but we'll soon get it with Gilgamesh trial so I'm not bothered, and even a Greatsword mastery (50%) the following one.
In the end it's their loss.

UrSuLeTzU

Happy New Year FBE GAF.

I dont understand why people are complaining about 5 free tickets and cool login rewards for this month - then again i dont have to understand everything heh.

I mean 5 tickets is nice and all but if I were to compare what FFRK did for the new year this shit doesn't even rate: 4 amazeballs banners to pull on with guaranteed 5* relics, orbfest with roulette for amazing items(some exclusive and rather easy to get), a few amazing original bgms for the title and menus(FFRK has vastly superior music and it only gets better with time), 25 fucking mythril(that's equivalent to half a multi-pull in here) just for logging for new years with an aditional 10 coming in the next week on top of the regular daily login bonuses which is just cray cray and other bonus very usefull items(like memory lode 3 crystal) and FINALLY last but not least, a freaking original FMW with fucking fireworks AND a charming letter of new year greetings from the devs including the legend himself- Tetsuya Nomura! Granted this game is almost 3 years old in global and I've played it every single day since the first or second week of it's launch but I haven't spent EVEN half the ammount of money on it(I only do 100 gem pulls for new banners) and I have an insane ammount of legendary and outright broken gear(granted I've been very lucky the last year) so yeah, spending 100 euros on the Noctis banner without even a Chizuru, 35 Charlottes and 2 troll rainbows are something to complain about even without the lackluster treatment we got for the actual NEW YEAR!

Rixa

As someone who complains alot i have to agree.

The Christmas Bundle was THE bundle for iAP people to get, even myself as non-iap was interested to get it. In the last couple weeks we got the improved Gacha rates for 3*, Global exclusive units, Noctis banner with some nice featured units...just need to be happy for the stuff we have and get instead of always comparing it with the JPN version. Also no one stops Gaffers from starting and playing the Japanese version.

Also just because we didnt get such a bundle now doesnt mean that we will never get it - i rather have them drop a useful bundle around the time we get Orlandu instead of right now - the New Years Banner is lackluster for most invested players.

GL is getting a free 10% TM moogle for just logging in. That doesn't even happen in JP except outside of maybe super special occasions. The daily and monthly rewards were better for GL for quite awhile too. JP actually had to catch up on that front.

The amount of complaining about GL is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah I don't get the amount of whine Global is getting. Gumi is handling BE so much better than they did with Global Chain Chronicle (ok it is Sega's game). Only thing Iam wondering why didn't global get NY bundle to buy with money?

I mean 5 tickets is nice and all but if I were to compare what FFRK did for the new year this shit doesn't even rate: 4 amazeballs banners to pull on with guaranteed 5* relics, orbfest with roulette for amazing items(some exclusive and rather easy to get), a few amazing original bgms for the title and menus(FFRK has vastly superior music and it only gets better with time).
Did this all happen when FFRK had its first NY event? I don't care about music I play sounds off all the time :p.

UrSuLeTzU

I honestly don't remember what happened the first year but it was definitely better than what happened here :p. And omg #Rixa, the music is just GOD tier right now, blast that shit wide open :))

Kouriozan

Record Keeper had a really good holiday event last year too (that's when I started playing again), but that game give players a lot of premium currency and every 3 months there is that orbfest with amazing banners and lots of orbs (to make and upgrade skills/magics), you can't really compare the two.
If Record Keeper didn't have so much loading and freezing (infinite loading) problem on my iPad 4 I would have still played it, doing events was a chore with 10 sec loading between each fights/menu and that infinite loading every 5 mins, really I couldn't stand restarting the game so much.

Maybe when I'll upgrade my tablet... I have a stack of 500 mythrils after all.

Syntsui

Record Keeper had a really good holiday event last year too (that's when I started playing again), but that game give players a lot of premium currency and every 3 months there is that orbfest with amazing banners and lots of orbs (to make and upgrade skills/magics), you can't really compare the two.
If Record Keeper didn't have so much loading and freezing (infinite loading) problem on my iPad 4 I would have still played it, doing events was a chore with 10 sec loading between each fights/menu and that infinite loading every 5 mins, really I couldn't stand restarting the game so much.

Spend that shit on FF XIV banner man, that's a GODLIKE banner with the best relics the game will ever have.

And yeah, that game actually respects the consumer.

UrSuLeTzU

I play on an old Ipad 3 mostly and have no such issues, maybe try again and see if it's fixed now? And yeah, go pull on that redonk FFXIV banner right NAOW :D

Kouriozan

Nevermind just logged in again, collected the gifts and I have 600 mythril lmao.
My issue came from playing last year/earlier this year, will see if it's fixed, yeah.

UrSuLeTzU

Nevermind just logged in again, collected the gifts and I have 600 mythril lmao.
My issue came from playing last year/earlier this year, will see if it's fixed, yeah.

You realize that 600 mythril would equate to 12 multi-pulls in here, right? If that is all F2P mythril then I rest my case :)))) I just did a 10+1 on the XIV banner and got a Thyrus(second) and 2 of the best SSBs on the banner but not my BAE Y'shtola's burst tho :((. I demand you spend all your mythril on this banner and share the pulls here :p

Kouriozan

You realize that 600 mythril would equate to 12 multi-pulls in here, right? If that is all F2P mythril then I rest my case :)))) I just did a 10+1 on the XIV banner and got a Thyrus(second) and 2 of the best SSBs on the banner but not my BAE Y'shtola's burst tho :((. I demand you spend all your mythril on this banner and share the pulls here :p

A bit off-topic but I already have Shout/2 Wall/Cloud, Cecil and Tyro's BSB/and Lenna's medica so I didn't need to pull for 4 months before I stopped (part of why I stopped playing because everything was too easy) would only pull if it's really worth it, I heard Orlandu banner (yep, there too)

UrSuLeTzU

A bit off-topic but I already have Shout/2 Wall/Cloud, Cecil and Tyro's BSB/and Lenna's medica so I didn't need to pull for 4 months before I stopped (part of why I stopped playing because everything was too easy) would only pull if it's really worth it, I heard Orlandu banner (yep, there too)

Dena must have gone mad with these 2 FFXIV banners, read up a bit on the banners if you want: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/74751822
then decide if it's worth pulling on(it totally is).

Syntsui

The game just received Torment difficulty bosses and there is the multi-player with difficulty 200d.

So yeah, it won't be not even close to easy for you. Give it a go and see for yourself. But let me be repetitive here, PULL FOR FF XIV RIGHT NOW.

UrSuLeTzU

I guess the grass isn't greener on the other side x)

Nb7fIUu.png

Guess I must have been extremely lucky pulling OSB's and bursts left and right only doing the ocasional 100 gem pull and the F2P mythril :). But you can be like me too if you would only pull on these extraordinary banners :p

Alkez

Tickets are the cheap "I don't know what to get you for Christmas so I got you a gift card for Taco Bell" kind of thing.

Gift card for Taco Bell lolz.

Regardless of the content release schedule things like Quality of Life improvements shouldn't be held back. They badly need to tighten up their pipeline and get those out to us asap, not on some ear-marked date down the road along side specific story content - that kind of thing is ludicrous. Story/Events are one thing, bugs fix and system improvements are something else entirely and their system is currently really awful.

This I can agree with. It made no sense to not give us all the QoL improvements from the beginning. But I'm not a programmer so I don't know if it's more tricky than I think it should be.

I guess the grass isn't greener on the other side x)

Nb7fIUu.png

If def. isn't I did 4 multi pulls on the first orbfest banner and got a single relic on each one and 3 were dupes....eff that. I will just hoarD Mythril for like a year at this point and see what happens then. Of course it made me rage pull 4 tix here and I got my 2nd Noctis so I guess I can't be that mad.

Celegus

Free tickets, sure! And the monthly login stuff is pretty great this month. No bundle means I can save my lapis, no big deal!

Syntsui

Remember when we used to get 100 mithril every single day apart from the login bonus? I seems some of you guys don't remember how godlike Gumi was with these kind of thing to defend the current piece of shit state of this game.

Celegus

Remember when we used to get 100 mithril every single day apart from the login bonus? I seems some of you guys don't remember how godlike Gumi was with these kind of thing to defend the current piece of shit state of this game.

I also remember when we were getting friend points and gil for the login bonus.

Read through the last couple pages of the thread and... wow... I think I'm gonna step away and come back tomorrow. Happy New Year's I guess?

Kouriozan

People are talking about how they don't refill in the arena and ends up in the 500-2500 range.
Just how? Since the weekly reset I never lost and I'm in the 8k, is it just NRG to get 1.50 ratio opponent?
I guess I'm losing a lot by not playing right after the weekly reset (was easier when it was 2 AM for me, haha)

EDIT : maybe those guys just don't sleep, so it's really not worth it.

Grezak

People are talking about how they don't refill in the arena and ends up in the 500-2500 range.
Just how? Since the weekly reset I never lost and I'm in the 8k, is it just NRG to get 1.50 ratio opponent?
I guess I'm losing a lot by not playing right after the weekly reset (was easier when it was 2 AM for me, haha)

EDIT : maybe those guys just don't sleep, so it's really not worth it.

They are probably getting free refreshes from rank up's, which is getting a lot harder/slower at rank 70+

Kouriozan

They are probably getting free refreshes from rank up's, which is getting a lot harder/slower at rank 70+

There is a problem that if you fall behind, you'll never see 1.5 ratio again and ends up being stuck, probably my case since they changed the Arena reset hour.
I'm not wasting orbs (appart from sleeping) and ranking up 1/2 times per weeks.

Kouriozan

Anyway I'm liking this break week without anything to do, my TM farming team is going smoothly.

MgYL0l9l.png

I'll be close to get my 2nd Blade Mastery before the next event.
Happy New Year everyone!

May you pull many bediles this year

Also what the hell at no new years bundle

Last year Japan only got that 3k/10k lapis bundle and nothing else, we had 9 days of daily double ticket so 18 tickets for 2700 Lapis.
If we look that way we got the better deal :p
Maybe they should have kept the Yuletide bundle for the New Year.

c-murph

New Year Pulls:
Galuf No.19
Celes No.9
Medius No.5
Serius No.1
Medius No.6

Hmmm... I can make like two or three really quick Minerva Bustiers now. Also another four more Exp Eggs to someday hatch.

Really wanted Serius for some reason... Glad I got him.

Grezak

There is a problem that if you fall behind, you'll never see 1.5 ratio again and ends up being stuck, probably my case since they changed the Arena reset hour.
I'm not wasting orbs (appart from sleeping) and ranking up 1/2 times per weeks.

The problem is that the pool still seems to be completely random for those 1.5 rated ones. I've been around 3k each week and sometimes you just won't get any 1.5 teams even after resetting the pool, just some 1.1 - 1.2 teams for 1-2 days and the rank ups also matter, since it's a lot faster to rank up at lower ranks which means free arena orbs and easier to get into the 3k range.

Nikokuno

The game just received Torment difficulty bosses and there is the multi-player with difficulty 200d.

So yeah, it won't be not even close to easy for you. Give it a go and see for yourself. But let me be repetitive here, PULL FOR FF XIV RIGHT NOW.

Just pulled Omnirod and Healer's Robe 😅 I love Y'shtola even more than I used too, can wait to pick her in Exvius.

AkumaNiko

I don't know how to feel about this pull. I mean she is the best healer in the game until y'shtola comes, but when you hope for a lightning or a noct, it's like....ok I guess

sjSD4Xsl.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man you guys are way too negative...if this is your first Refia thats an amazing pull lol. Especially equipped with DC.

Xion86

So here is my weekly TM update (which I'm going to post each Sunday) :). Apart from Maxwell, this is a brand new team after getting my 2 Omnirods:

fY44lbTl.png

These will be quite a major and exciting set of rewards for Noctis:

VA61CIxl.png

Daily was Cerius, that was the same as yesterday!

Lyrian

Fuuuuck I finished 3006 in arena.

3044 here.

The amount of anger at the moment is unreal.

Set myself up well for the end, and was in an ideal position with 90 mins to go. Went to bed, as people were complaining that they wanted to do stuff this morning.

Woke up to being out-lapis-spent by people who aren't in a timezone where the arena doesn't end at goddamn 3 AM in the morning. 31 days of efforts completely wasted.

/sigh

That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. If this was Reddit, I'd be bitching about wanting a refund for the lapis I spent last night on orb refreshes.

In other WTF news, why the hell are people still farming the damn snowman over 12k points? There's nothing more to gain here, so why????

Lyrian

I don't know how to feel about this pull. I mean she is the best healer in the game until y'shtola comes, but when you hope for a lightning or a noct, it's like....ok I guess

I hear you! All I wanted was a Lightning or a Noctis, and all I ended up with on my account was a Luneth, Elza, and a Ramza... ok I guess.

This game, sometimes....

Am I doing this right, lol?

AkumaNiko

I hear you! All I wanted was a Lightning or a Noctis, and all I ended up with on my account was a Luneth, Elza, and a Ramza... ok I guess.

This game, sometimes....

Am I doing this right, lol?

Yep lol

The other day I wanted a mecha Noel and instead I got my first exdeath... lol

Kouriozan

Desire sensor is real, I absolutely didn't want DKCecil but wanted Cecil so much in the FF 4 event.
Had to use 34 tickets for Cecil which is a base 3*! (and got DKCecil along the way >.<)

And now today I have 2 Cecil dupes...

udca

Shit, I forgot to see where I was in the arena before the monthly reset. Now I'm scared I didn't make into the 3k.

I think I saw you near me and I ended at around 2700-2800.

On another note, I refilled several times to get in the top 3000 and I don't think I'll be doing that again. Had a few crashes that set me back. I think I'm better off using that lapis for TM refills.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- Thanks Lyrian! That's a pretty good month IMO.

-- I'm not gonna shit on people expecting more from Gumi because of JP. Certainly see your perspective, esp if you're already unhappy with the game / your team. I would say expecting differently at this point seems a little willingly optimistic.

-- at the same time I'm pretty happy with the game! Not Gumi because fuck Gumi and their terrible customer service, but it's a great game with lots of ways to compete as a F2P. And for the most part F2Ps have access to the entire game, unlike basically all other mobile games on the global market.

-- we don't talk about it but the arena is low key one of the most generous and easy ways to pad your entire game. Pots, cactuars, magicites. Very little effort required to get a big time payout.

Syntsui

I think I saw you near me and I ended at around 2700-2800.

On another note, I refilled several times to get in the top 3000 and I don't think I'll be doing that again. Had a few crashes that set me back. I think I'm better off using that lapis for TM refills.
I got at least 4 rank ups which helped me place among the top 3k (I hope). So yeah, unless you spend lapis farming TMs and getting rank ups frequently it's absolutely impossible.

Xion86

In other WTF news, why the hell are people still farming the damn snowman over 12k points? There's nothing more to gain here, so why????

I wonder if this is everyone doing the 3 Daily Frostor kills? Hmm, or some people still going for the Trust Moogle.

Anyway, the lapis you spent on the Arena to try get in top 3000 for the extra Trust Moogle, do you think that same lapis could have gone towards a 10% in TM farming via refreshes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom