• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Sorry late to the party this morning - couldn't wake up... my Premium TM's to date

Refia - Heavy Shield, DC, Minerva Bustier
Light - Excalibur, Romandian Pistol, Bracer, PoC

Currently working on Chiz x2, Zidane, and Miuki x2 - have Snow at 60% I will get back to after this round...

I love Bartz sacrifice in Explorations - I can blast everything to my hearts content, then sacrifice and re raise the guy with basically infinite magic

Alkez

Today I learned that there is a (300%) stat buff cap for passives : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5lxe0z/attackmagic_cap/

Since we can't stack certain TM, we will have to pull for people with weapon/armor masteries (Chizuru/Leonhart/Werei/Dark Veritas/etc..)

That's kind of stupid. Exceed Rings are practically impossible to get, but now they're completely redundant because we'll be able to hit that cap in the future without them.

Also from what I read innate weapon masteries still count towards the cap. Edit: nvm misunderstood what you said in regards to that point.

On a brighter note, I finally capped all my espers.

4uAOcHKl.png

Fuck, my Memu macro is problematic. Can't figure out the interval stuff, ends up crashing once depleted. In addition I just logged in to my pC from work and saw the app completely crashed.

Is Nox better? I was under the assumption it wasn't working anymore. I tried it a few days ago and couldn't even get BE to load. May try again if the Macros are better.

Any tips for adjusting the Menu macro from FFBE subreddit?

Listing TM's?

Non Friend/Non PoopTM's

Comet - 1, MAG +30% - 4
Meteor - 1, Blizza/Fira/Thunda-Ga spells - 2 each
Gungnir - 2, Bladeblitz - 2
Machine Killer - 2, Barrage - 1
Equip S Sword - 1, Excalibur - 1
Equip L Sword - 1, Ultima - 1
Equip H Shield - 2, Dual Wield - 1
Dual Cast - 1, Sakurafubuki -1
Rising Sun - 1, Ribbon - 2
Blade Mastery - 1, Black Cowl - 2
Equip Axe - 1, Moonblade - 1
Bracer - 2, Lunge Combo - 1
Omnirod - 1, Power of Creation - 1,
Equip Spear - 2 (Fuck Fang)

Currently farming 5 Lenna's for Magi Rod and my next few are going to be. 2 Aegis Shields/Minerva Bustier/ 3 more Excalibur's/3 Save the Queen/ 4 Letters and Arms/2 Celestial Gloves/2 Noctis Rings/2 Deathbringers. Not sure on the order yet but those are next unless some more 20%+ ATK materias pop up.

Kouriozan

Listing TM's?
"Premium" TMs :

Equips :
Magi Staff
Excalibur
Deathbringer

Materia :
Barrage
Dual Wield
Dual Cast
Blade Mastery
Power of Creation

Upcoming :
Dual Wield 2, Blade Mastery 2, Bracer, Brave Suit, Sakurafubuki

4pPBe7Al.png

Then it'll probably be Black Cowl, Dual Wield 3, Blade Mastery 3, Excalibur 2 and Seal of Destruction.
Never used Lapis to refresh NRG so far.

Dang, the newer macro was defeated last night. The game crashing is one thing but I'm trying to figure out what's bringing up a web browser of which it can't resolve the site. I have every other app including the defaults in the bottom bar shoved in a folder sitting at the top of the screen so the script can't be clicking on the web browser...so weird. Naturally the game still managed to do enough runs to make me rank up ;p I was hoping with the piddly rank xp you get from ES runs that I'd be able to check it this morning and catch it before the rank up ha Oh well.

Speaking of rank, realized I'd been looking for the highest "Rank" for Arena opponents rather that the Arena rank. Oops. Chances are those people are among the higher arena ranks anyway but still, lesson learned. Got inside the top 100k, believe you guys said to get within the top 30k and then chill there, right? Anything higher would require spending lapis for refreshes I assume which I'm not willing to do.

"Premium" TMs :

Equips :
Magi Staff
Excalibur
Deathbringer

Materia :
Barrage
Dual Wield
Dual Cast
Blade Mastery
Power of Creation

Upcoming :
Dual Wield 2, Blade Mastery 2, Brace, Brave Suit, Sakurafubuki

Then it'll probably be Black Cowl, Dual Wield 3, Blade Mastery 3, Excalibur 2 and Seal of Destruction.
Never used Lapis to refresh NRG so far.

Technically anything that doesn't come from the friend summon is a premium TM.

Yes I get it, otherwise I got all the useful TMs form friend summon including 5x HP +10% lol

He'll probably be back in some player choice banner since he's really useful in Japan.

The funny thing is..newer players are going to have a much harder time getting some niche TM's like Bladeblitz and whatnot with the crystal change.

Pejo

Listing TM's?

Non Friend/Non PoopTM's

Comet - 1, MAG +30% - 4
Meteor - 1, Blizza/Fira/Thunda-Ga spells - 2 each
Gungnir - 2, Bladeblitz - 2
Machine Killer - 2, Barrage - 1
Equip S Sword - 1, Excalibur - 1
Equip L Sword - 1, Ultima - 1
Equip H Shield - 2, Dual Wield - 1
Dual Cast - 1, Sakurafubuki -1
Rising Sun - 1, Ribbon - 2
Blade Mastery - 1, Black Cowl - 2
Equip Axe - 1, Moonblade - 1
Bracer - 2, Lunge Combo - 1
Omnirod - 1, Power of Creation - 1,
Equip Spear - 2 (Fuck Fang)

Currently farming 5 Lenna's for Magi Rod and my next few are going to be. 2 Aegis Shields/Minerva Bustier/ 3 more Excalibur's/3 Save the Queen/ 4 Letters and Arms/2 Celestial Gloves/2 Noctis Rings/2 Deathbringers. Not sure on the order yet but those are next unless some more 20%+ ATK materias pop up.

Damn Hippo. I wish I had your dedication to TMs. That's a hell of a list.

I only have a Dual Wield, Lenna's SPR rod (from pulling too many of her), Blade Mastery, Gugnir, and MAG+30%. I'm almost done with Genji Gloves and my first Excal though.

I've been taking this time and going through story doing all the missions for Lapis. Went from 350 lapis to 8150, even after doing dailies and I'm only part of the way done with Dirnado. Bonus TM% while I'm doing it too, since my TM team can handle everything the game's thrown at me up to this point.

I'm not sure I'm going to do any pulling on the M. Fina batch other than dailies. I'd like an M. Fina, but those TMs do nothing for me, and I almost never run even a single mage for any content. Embolden is just too strong for an all physical team.

How often do banners come back around in this game?

Do they at all? I'm most familiar with One Piece Treasure Cruise.

We haven't had any repeat banners yet in Global. We have had some units come on multiples. Chizuru/WoL/Lightning/DKC to name a few. JPN has had banner reruns of Brave Frontier but not sure on anything else.

Syntsui

How often do banners come back around in this game?

Do they at all? I'm most familiar with One Piece Treasure Cruise.
Most won't come back, so if you really want a specific unit, get it while you can.

3* base units off banner are not uncommon, but 4* and 5* are. Right now we know that Tilith will come back in another Brave Frontier banner, there's Alma too on the third Tactics banner but that's it (that I can remember right now).

There are also Player's Choice banner in special occasions (don't expect more than two of these per year, we might only get one) that will have characters chosen by the community on it.

The catch is, we keep getting better and better units as the game goes on, and they just can't fit all of them in this type of banner, so we might never again see ridiculously good units simply because the community chose another ridiculously good unit.

I personally think we will never again see the current Ramza, for example. There are better 5* base units the community will choose for the player's choice banner and Gumi will release another Ramza, offense oriented on the third Tactics banner.

Welcome! Post your box so we could see if you have any other noteworthy units. Also be careful when selling/fusing anything from the rare summon, you don't want to unknowingly sell/fuse bad units with great Trust Mastery rewards like Miyuki, Zidane etc.

For the Christmas banner, Santa Roselia is a good healer and Noel is an excellent tank. You'd realistically be aiming for Santa Roselia if you don't have a healer, Noel would be a bonus due to extremely low rates for base 5* units. The normal rare summon banner has no units on rate up, so your blue crystals are less likely to be infested with Medius/Cerius as compared to the Christmas banner.

The other option would be to reroll if you don't mind doing so. DKC becomes a great DPS in future with his enhancements, but that's still months away, and in his current state he is considered weak for a base 5* unit. If you were to reroll you'd be aiming for Noctis, Lightning, Luneth or Gilgamesh as they're the top DPS units in the game right now.

Some useful links you could check out:

Beginner's guide
How to reroll
Unit Rankings

Dark Knight Cecil is OK, will get buff through a new feature in some months.
The Christmas banner is actually not great so if you must summon, use the Rare Summon one, or wait Friday for the new event banner that contains a pretty good healer (Luka)

EDIT : of course I'm late for this, hehe.
Thanks, here's my box

edit: also I wanted to ask, how the combat works? For the moment I'm just tapping my heroes without thinking

Pffffft Luka can't hang with Refia. This game is all about DPS, Embolden >>>>>>>> Deep Blue. Also Raise can't hang with Full Raise. Regenerate and Priestess Miracle are nice though and Water Barrier will surely be useful for some trial in the future. Definitely a nice healer to pick up if you don't have Refia but Refia still tops.

Kouriozan

Pffffft Luka can't hang with Refia. This game is all about DPS, Embolden >>>>>>>> Deep Blue. Also Raise can't hang with Full Raise. Regenerate and Priestess Miracle are nice though and Water Barrier will surely be useful for some trial in the future. Definitely a nice healer to pick up if you don't have Refia but Refia still tops.

6* Tilith wannabe, but the true Goddess will shine in a few months!

R6D2Vdt.jpg

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ddw5y/healer_planned_obsolescence_comic_7/

Pejo

Exviuswiki updated its ranking with Friday's new unit : https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Luka is ranked 1st with Refia, I'd say, without dual cast, Luka wins.

Interesting. I read up on her skills, and no cheer/embolden kills her for me right off the bat. DEF/SPR buff is nice for harder content though I guess.

It's also nice that her Curaja is also an Esunaga. I could see she could be #1 in certain situations, but I still prefer a combo of CoD+Refia. They mutually benefit each other in multiple ways.

I agree with the wiki's evaluation that she's tied for first currently.

You're right though, Dual Cast Refia kicks her butt.

6* Tilith wannabe, but the true Goddess will shine in a few months!

I honestly would rather have Refia than Tilith. Tilith is a beast at 6* but she's such an MP hog that I don't see her being viable in particularly difficult and lengthy fights when you actually really need a healer. We'll see if there's traits and equips to counteract the MP dumps but I'd prefer to just have a great stable healer that I can rely on through the whole fight.

This is also why I'm sad she's the one that lost us Chilly. She isn't worth it Chilly, I promise! You will get other superior units and your precious Emperor-sama. Come back!

Most won't come back, so if you really want a specific unit, get it while you can.

3* base units off banner are not uncommon, but 4* and 5* are. Right now we know that Tilith will come back in another Brave Frontier banner, there's Alma too on the third Tactics banner but that's it (that I can remember right now).

There are also Player's Choice banner in special occasions (don't expect more than two of these per year, we might only get one) that will have characters chosen by the community on it.

The catch is, we keep getting better and better units as the game goes on, and they just can't fit all of them in this type of banner, so we might never again see ridiculously good units simply because the community chose another ridiculously good unit.

I personally think we will never again see the current Ramza, for example. There are better 5* base units the community will choose for the player's choice banner and Gumi will release another Ramza, offense oriented on the third Tactics banner.

Huh. This seems like questionable decision making when you consider the number of f2p users.

Thanks for the info.

Screw Tilith...such an annoying character in Brave Frontier. Refia forever! Also that bitch took Chilly from us.....so she will ride the pine for all of eternity for me.

Kouriozan

I honestly would rather have Refia than Tilith. Tilith is a beast at 6* but she's such an MP hog that I don't see her being viable in particularly difficult and lengthy fights when you actually really need a healer. We'll see if there's traits and equips to counteract the MP dumps but I'd prefer to just have a great stable healer that I can rely on through the whole fight.

Her auto-refresh is 10% MP per turn, she has 218 MP at minimum at 100, her 99 MP heal also give back 50 MP to her so real cost is 49.
Then more and more people are getting AoE MP regen, so I would say if you pots Tilith, it should be OK.
She don't need SPR so you give her MP% equips and materia, too.

Anyway, I'm just excited to see what I can do with her.

CCIE

Banned
I already know my first non-reroll 5* base is going to either be Fina or Rem. This game LOVES giving me mages and healers. I'll probably pull Luka on a daily down the road by accident.

Azuran

Banned
Just realized I have Refia...Should I continue with Santa Roselia or switch to Refia? Are their applications vastly different?

Refia has a Full HP Raise and a buff that raises every stat by 45% for 5 turns. Refia is by far the best healer in the game and will be for a long time.

Alkez

I would like to use Tilith but that sprite is just horrid imo. Her design is fine in BF, they just went nuts with it in this game lol.

Anyone here have a Luneth friend in your ranks with the username Utsei? Message is Ask Refia. He lost his account and didn't link FB and Gumi needs his player ID. From Reddit

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. SO MANY TMs! Well done all!

2. Alkez with maxed espers across the board HELL YES! I'm still working on it as I get the megacites. I don't even have Carbuncle yet. Major props.

3. I don't think waiting on TM weapons because eventual power creep event weaponry showing up is necessarily the right strat, considering we're talking about 12 months from now minimum.

4. So great seeing all the new folks around. And you all thought Ariana was a bad idea!

5. Anyone bothering leveling up their non-premium 6* units? I have a Mercedes, Cerius, and Medius I'm 'forced' to level while I wait for my next shot at 6* mats for Chizuru. They might be useful at some point but I'd prefer to save the gigantaurs for my main squad types.

Her auto-refresh is 10% MP per turn, she has 218 MP at minimum at 100, her 99 MP heal also give back 50 MP to her so real cost is 49.
Then more and more people are getting AoE MP regen, so I would say if you pots Tilith, it should be OK.
She don't need SPR so you give her MP% equips and materia, too.

Anyway, I'm just excited to see what I can do with her.
Good point that she doesn't need SPR so you can fully commit to MP stacking. I'm definitely interested in seeing what some of you guys do with her when she hits 6*. I'll be more than happy with my Refia though! Also, Tilith's sprite is up there for worst in the game and she took Chilly ;_; Fuck Tilith, she's no goddess at all.
Just realized I have Refia...Should I continue with Santa Roselia or switch to Refia? Are their applications vastly different?

Refia is the best healer in the game, Santa Roselia is now dead to you ;)

desverger

Fuck, my Memu macro is problematic. Can't figure out the interval stuff, ends up crashing once depleted. In addition I just logged in to my pC from work and saw the app completely crashed.

Is Nox better? I was under the assumption it wasn't working anymore. I tried it a few days ago and couldn't even get BE to load. May try again if the Macros are better.

Any tips for adjusting the Menu macro from FFBE subreddit?

I downloaded the latest Nox yesterday, so far everything is working swimmingly. The only problem I have is the occasional app crash, but so far my TM macro is working great for the second day. However, I'm using W10 and a beefy pc with a SSD drive, so ymmv.

I don't have experience in using the ready-made macros tho, I just made one of my own, which was quite simple.

Nope, I try to be efficient with resources so I don't enhance any unit I don't think I'll use outside for the TM. The only nich unit I care to level is Locke for that Treasure Hunting passive although I'll have both Cecil and WoL maxed ultimately since they are so different and roughly equally good.

Saw this morning that the daily bundle went back to a Megacryst and earth at that. Bummer. Bring me that Calamity Gem already!

KeRaSh

107 Attack no element.

Miyuki am cry... Well, I only have one anyways so that way I will have Chirijiden, Sakurafubiki and that Gilgamesh katana. That's all I need for now.
Then 2 Excaliburs and 1 Death Bringer and I'm set.

Is there a better sword (not great sword) than Enhancer coming up anytime soon? I really like the buff Gilgamesh gets from swords. It does stack with the katana buff if I'm wearing both types with DW, right? Right, guys?

Miyuki am cry... Well, I only have one anyways so that way I will have Chirijiden, Sakurafubiki and that Gilgamesh katana. That's all I need for now.
Then 2 Excaliburs and 1 Death Bringer and I'm set.

Is there a better sword (not great sword) than Enhancer coming up anytime soon? I really like the buff Gilgamesh gets from swords. It does stack with the katana buff if I'm wearing both types with DW, right? Right, guys?

Not sure about upcoming non greatswords but right now Moonblade is the best. Granted it's a TM of a 5* unit....but still!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom