• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandte

Arena is more important right now to me. Energy is just basically wasted doing it and regaining it. :p I did 5RNG EXP ones for Mercedes. I am just so done with Frosty though that I just don't care.

Once I get my 100 freaking wins in though this will make things so much easier. I've lost my chains several times in the 70s due to bs. So ... hoping to finish this week.

Edit: Plus, you'd have to have time for those TMs. :p Which I generally don't, at least not during week. Tomorrow goes back to regularly scheduled work. Ugh. And since I do TMs manually...

Just saw you PM. Sorry Muku, mobile gaf is horrible showing notifications :(

Btt. The loss of my arena chain happened so often to me....the worst one was the legendary (18h?) maintance....

Razmos

Arena is more important right now to me. Energy is just basically wasted doing it and regaining it. :p I did 5RNG EXP ones for Mercedes. I am just so done with Frosty though that I just don't care.

Once I get my 100 freaking wins in though this will make things so much easier. I've lost my chains several times in the 70s due to bs. So ... hoping to finish this week.

Edit: Plus, you'd have to have time for those TMs. :p Which I generally don't, at least not during week. Tomorrow goes back to regularly scheduled work. Ugh. And since I do TMs manually...
I have a macro running while I'm at work lol

It's energy I wouldn't be using so why not

Muku

Just saw you PM. Sorry Muku, mobile gaf is horrible showing notifications :(

Btt. The loss of my arena chain happened so often to me....the worst one was the legendary (18h?) maintance....

No worries man. Just respond regarding it when you can. Mobile GAF is pretty awful on it.

That week after the ridiculous maint I gave up. Last week I lost at like 75. Jerk had a Rain as lead.. click it and he had like all Noctis or something. And went first. Yeah.

Didn't have as many days off this week... but, enough I can get it done I think. So far so good. Back to regular work schedule, ugh

Edit: Yeah, so you'd have to be running Nox or something, yes? Either way my stuff isn't connected to FB, so not like I can do it anyway.

1. Are you sure that's not your player rank? At the first arena screen, look where it says "No. #####" right above your name. That's your arena rank. My best advice is to keep below rank 30,000.

2. Pretty much just trolling. The AI is super dumb so it doesn't make a big difference most of the time what you're actually up against. Sometimes they do smart things and wipe you before your first turn, but it's rare.

3. The grid will reset once you fill the whole thing in, and you'll get a standard pot for clearing it. Then it just repeats ad infinitum, so no worries about "wasting" medals - clear as many as you can.

4. It took me 30+ summons just to get one Charlotte and Ludmille on the Lightning banner. That one was pretty brutal.
I realized that Rank was my FFBE Rank....DERP I feel dumb. The numbers you speak of are indeed the Arena rank, thanks! I did notice that changing but just couldn't figure out what "Rank" was at first and then it hit me and I backed out of Arena and sure enough my rank is 66.

Ahhh thanks so much for explaining the grid. Now I know I don't have to hoard the medals. I shall unlock all the things! I'll prioritize the best stuff just in case I don't make it. Boo on Arena sharing orbs with Coli, that's dumb. I don't want to waste them for the daily now :| Does Frosty actually count towards the Void daily? If so, that's my solution for the next couple days anyway.

That's the one other banner that I pulled a ton and so I got many Charlottes and a quite a few Ludmilles too which is how I've learned two DCs so quickly. Alas, despite so many pulls no Lightning nor any single DPS unit at all which blew my mind and jaded me. Fast forward and Noctis banner to the rescue!
lol just pulled lightning on a random ticket

Luneth, Lightning, Firion, Bartz, Krile.

Not bad for day one.
hot damn, a mighty fine start. Congrats!
The daily half price seems like a steal, but part of me wants to save everything for Orlandu. What do you think?

I'm also having a hard time deciding on using my limited energy farming Frosty or pushing the story along. 23 NRG goes quick, even after using the dailies to cap my energy like the poster above recommended.
The daily half price won't ever go away so don't feel pressured to do it for every banner. Use it for banners that have one unit you'd really like but isn't a good banner over all like the one we get this weekend where Dark Fina is great but the other two not so much (although Luka is a pretty decent healer if you don't have Refia). It also is good for a banner where you're going all out just for extra chances on the cheap but don't waste it on banners you have no interest in, not worth it.

As for Orlandu, we'll be reminding people in here repeatedly that his first banner sucks and you shouldn't pull for him on it but rather wait for the next time he comes around. Same with Tidus if his stays the same as Japan's. It will suck having to wait so long for Orlandu but with the chances of a base 5* so low and the other two units being trash, you'll get screwed hard if you don't luck into him. The number one lesson for this game is to not chase 5* bases, pull on great banners. This way you get great consolation prizes if you whiff on the 5* base. You guys just missed the Noctis banner which was one of the best but thanks to auto-reroll it didn't matter for you ;p The next awesome banner will likely be the FFX one with Tidus and Rikku as they are both among the top rankings in Japan even to this day. One for DPS and the other utility. There is something called a player's choice banner though where we all get to vote on which units we want on the banner so that can always be the best banner of all. It's only happened once in global so far but it will come again some day. Also, Japan got an amazing banner/event for the game's anniversary. Global's anniversary will be July so that will be a time frame to save up big for.

Dammit, stayed up way later then I meant to. Good night, FFBEst GAF!

Rixa

Humm. Taking it easier for few days. So I wont use Lapis to nrg refills for TM's :D. Just using natural nrg + doing daily quests and today Ill finish Raid event 12k points.

TM party situation

Zidane 67.2%
Zidane 36.3%
Chizuru 62.9%
Chizuru* 13.6%
Chizuru* 12.3%

* I fuse these two to one Blade Mastery.

All things going well :). I may test Nox or Memu on my Laptop so that I use it when Iam at home & in front of Laptop. Not sure if my Laptop is beefy enough but time will show. I know that Memu runs ok on my Laptop.

At some point I will take a break from TM and do story :D. Been slacking behind so much :p

Razmos

Edit: Yeah, so you'd have to be running Nox or something, yes? Either way my stuff isn't connected to FB, so not like I can do it anyway.
Why put your account at risk like that? Create a fake Facebook account if you have to but definitely link it up. There have been multiple people in this thread who lost their accounts by not linking it

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
7fhDSwB.png

:^)

You are off to a great start - congrats.

desverger

Speaking of TMs, I just set up Nox yesterday, and made a simple macro to grind out TMs quickly. So far the only issue I have is to get some lapis on there, by doing missions or something, to be able to refresh energy :p

My phone is certainly thankful. I still use Switch Controls when I'm not home, but it's making grinding those TMs a lot easier.

What are everyone's already-completed premium TMs?

So far, I've completed:
Dualcast (yay monthly arena reward coming in today)
Power of Creation
Bracer
Save the Queen
Excalibur
Blade Mastery
Heavy Shield
Rising Sun

Right now I'm working on 2 Sakurafubuki and 3 dual wields. After that, I'm going to shoot for a Champion's Belt, Black Cowl, another Dual Wield, and a Growth Egg... among others.

Xion86

Guess who just cleared the 100 streak in the arena while always choosing the highest ratio opponents??

THIS GUY

Congrats! At least that's out the way now.

So I'm finally less interested in getting in top ranks in Arena for the extra pots, I'm just going to use up the orbs I have and that's all, maybe a refill every few days for extra points to unlock things in the board. I got the double Trust Moogle in the very first month but then was tough to keep up, even when using my orbs all day (with a few refills too). So taking it more relaxed there, always pick the top opponent though and now don't lose at all with my current team which is promising.

Anyway my daily pull was exciting today!....Zidane :D

Will post my TM update later when I'm back from work.

Razmos

What are everyone's already-completed premium TM's?

Dual Wield
Dual Cast
Excalibur
Gungnir
Sakurafubuki
Brave Suit
Equip Heavy Shield x2 (>_>)
Barrage x2
Blade Mastery

Currently working on:
Deathbringer (90+%)
Infernal Armlet
Genji Glove
Magi Staff
Doublehand

KeRaSh

Got my first Excalibur today! Now I'm faced with a dilemma. Gilgamesh has a higher boost from swords than great swords so switching out Enhancer for Excalibur is only a slight upgrade... Noctis on the other hand gets a great boost from GSs so Excalibur was quite an upgrade from Blood Sword.
Lightning is just picking up the scraps that those other two leave behind.
Now I have two more Cecils in my TM party and I'm not sure if I should go with one or two more Excaliburs.
I also have a DKC on deck for his TM weapon. Should I really go for two more Excaliburs and a Death Bringer or can I fuse the two Cecils?

I know Noctis gets a boost from GSs AND katanas from his passives but does Gilgamesh's Weapon Collector passive also benefit from DWing multiple weapon classes?

Then another thing. Now that Noctis is using Excalibur. How is the elemental damage / percentage calculated for his hybrid abilities like Fire Flask?
I also just realized today that Noctis actually DOES have a great ST attack with Warp Break... I always thought he was lacking one...

cw_sasuke

Based TM Moogle. 3 Dual Wield units now - everything from now on is just a nice extra.
What are everyone's already-completed premium TMs?

- 2 Sakurafubuki
- 2 Blade Mastery
- DualCast
- Dual Wield
- Doublehand

...well and now Genji Gloves.

Really only going for the essentials, since im not the biggest TM fan. Only need to get Maxwell and Cecils TM and i should be fine for most part.

Would love to get some of the other TM weapons but without dupes it takes forever - Cecil is the exception because Excalibur is the shit. I might farm Mercedes TM weapon if i ever get a Top Tier unit that can carry a Axe...and i would farm Dark Cecil (for Maneater) and Delitas (for Gilga) TM weapons. But thats it.

KeRaSh

I fear the day that power creep reaches a point where event gear easily beats hard earned TM stuff.
Also 3* base units with innate DW.

cw_sasuke

I fear the day that power creep reaches a point where event gear easily beats hard earned TM stuff.

Thats the reason why i dont farm TM weapons - only the essentials.
But you also cant have enough weapons for different bosses with different weakspots - add in maybe 3-4 units that can hols 2 weapons.

Looking forward to that Gilgamesh challenge and the Katana.

Razmos

I shudder at the thought of what the "Herald of Power Creep" Cloud will bring to this game when they finally add him.

Rixa

There are some equipments from Trials/ Events / Colosseum that are already better than "best" armor you can easily TM grind.
Maximillian. What a piece of shit, I rather have Force Armor.

I mean why would you grind or fuse 20 Vaan's to get armor that is only 13 points better than Golden Armor . Everyone can get GA from Colosseum.

Grezak

Compeleted TM:s

Dual Wield x 3
Excalibur x 2
Sakurafubuki x 2
Blade Mastery x 2
Black Cowl
Bracer
Demon Scythe
PoC
Seal of Destruction
Doublehand
Barrage
Rising Sun
Gungnir

Now working on:
1x DC (5 Luds)

And after that finishing atleast Bracer from these:

Deathbringer (12.6)
Champions Belt (3.5)
Bracer (76.0)
Ring of the Lucii (32.8)
Black Cowl (5.7)

Kouriozan

Yes, there is also those 12 legendary weapons coming in Japan, it's like the Farplane trials, they'll probably get one each month.
First one is an harp : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdSTd8MdF4o

DgIY9MT.png

110 MAG, yeeeep, also give Ramza un-enhanced Hero's Rime skill (40% all stats) and Dragon Slayer+ (75% Phys/Mag damage on dragons)

KeRaSh

I guess I really only need a second Excalibur instead of three total. Sakurafubiki is at 50% and Deathbringer will follow. It's about time I start thinking about a Brave Suit and a Bracer...

Rixa

I guess I really only need a second Excalibur instead of three total. Sakurafubiki is at 50% and Deathbringer will follow. It's about time I start thinking about a Brave Suit and a Bracer...

I just looked my units. If I do 3rd Excalibur, I do it by using 5 Cecils and fusing them when they are around 80% total.
Yup I have 7 Cecils, 6 of them are outside of Cecil banner.

Quonny

Huh, it does so long as it's the same platform. Android to Android, iOS to iOS, not sure if Amazon and Android share Lapis.
Yeah I have an iPhone but play on an Android emulator.

Luckily it seems like you can "earn it" on one and claim it on another, so I guess I'll do that.

Ken

Yeah I have an iPhone but play on an Android emulator.

Luckily it seems like you can "earn it" on one and claim it on another, so I guess I'll do that.

also, special bundles with lapis will send the lapis into your reward box like the yuletide box

the regular lapis purchases will just drop them on whatever platform you bought it on

So is there any real worth to leveling up Siren at this point? I have all of the other espers up to level 40, but she's at 28. I'm thinking that with Odin dropping sooner than not it makes more sense to start saving up my crystals, but I just wanted to make sure whether I should get Siren up to speed just in case.

Just started this, on what gatcha should I spend the summoning tickets? I tried a rare one and a christmas one. I've got Dark Knight Cecil and Rydia

Rixa

So is there any real worth to leveling up Siren at this point? I have all of the other espers up to level 40, but she's at 28. I'm thinking that with Odin dropping sooner than not it makes more sense to start saving up my crystals, but I just wanted to make sure whether I should get Siren up to speed just in case.

I did read that in JP there is one(?) trial(?) that has Mission Reward as "Use Siren to kill xxx". Anyways Iam slowly upping my Espers to 2* 40 level. Not grinding Megacites tho.

I did read that in JP there is one(?) trial(?) that has Mission Reward as "Use Siren to kill xxx". Anyways Iam slowly upping my Espers to 2* 40 level. Not grinding Megacites tho.

Interesting. Although I'm pretty sure that the megacites I would need to use to get Siren leveled up would be worth waaaaay more than 10 lapis.

But is there any other reason outside of mission rewards in which she is a better esper for a unit than the other espers?

Razmos

Interesting. Although I'm pretty sure that the megacites I would need to use to get Siren leveled up would be worth waaaaay more than 10 lapis.

But is there any other reason outside of mission rewards in which she is a better esper for a unit than the other espers?
Might not necessarily be 10 lapis reward. The Gilgamesh Trial for example gives Trust Moogles, Attack +30% and an ability as completion rewards

Might not necessarily be 10 lapis reward. The Gilgamesh Trial for example gives Trust Moogles, Attack +30% and an ability as completion rewards

Whu-whu-what???
Really? Well... damn. That would definitely change things up. I think I'll still save up for Odin, as I have a DPS focused team right now and throwing him into the mix would be a great upgrade over Shiva. But I'll make sure to at least throw Siren a -cite every once in a while, as well.

cw_sasuke

Wow..thats crazy - in addition to the Katana ?

Rixa

Whu-whu-what???
Really? Well... damn. That would definitely change things up. I think I'll still save up for Odin, as I have a DPS focused team right now and throwing him into the mix would be a great upgrade over Shiva. But I'll make sure to at least throw Siren a -cite every once in a while, as well.

I had to google, if I remember right. Reddit | Dark Siren & Dark Ifrit Well its not "Use esper to kill" but its "Use Siren".
Since the Trial is hard, obviously its better to have higher leveled Siren to accompany :D.

This was 5 months ago in JP, so it might be 1-2 months when we get this.

Reddit JP BE Dark Siren & Dark Ifrit Trial said:
Dark Siren & Dark Ifrit - Trial

Clear Reward:

+10% HP +30 ATK +20% Fire Resist + Blind Resist - Accessory

Missions:

Clear: 100x Lapis
Use Siren and Ifrit: 10% TM
Without Deaths: +50% ATK Greatsword Mastery - Materia
Without Items: +30 DEF +40 INT/SPR + Silence/Sleep resist - Robe

KeRaSh

-_-;

So my brother just spent 120ish points on his Ifrit to reach Plant Killer in the top left corner.
He already had all the ATK bubbles unlocked anyways so it would have been an easy 30 points to unlock it.
Unfortunately he realized a little too late that he did not have to go through all the DEF bubbles on the right side...

The fuck up is real...

Excaliber
Doublehand
Dual Cast x 2

working on BM, DW, Sakura, Black Cowl now. Noctis will be a monster in a few weeks.

So far, I've completed:
Dualcast (yay monthly arena reward coming in today)
Power of Creation
Bracer
Save the Queen
Excalibur
Blade Mastery
Heavy Shield
Rising Sun

Right now I'm working on 2 Sakurafubuki and 3 dual wields. After that, I'm going to shoot for a Champion's Belt, Black Cowl, another Dual Wield, and a Growth Egg... among others.

Heavy Shield isn't premium :p :p

I had to sell my Charlottes I had so many lolol.

Valentus

I had to google, if I remember right. Reddit | Dark Siren & Dark Ifrit Well its not "Use esper to kill" but its "Use Siren".
Since the Trial is hard, obviously its better to have higher leveled Siren to accompany :D.

This was 5 months ago in JP, so it might be 1-2 months when we get this.

Gilgamesh trial

Clear - 100 lapi
Finish with lb - moogle
Party of 5 or less - atk 30% materia
No ítems - ability - def ignore and dispel attack

Orthos & chupon trial (that Will Be always their mames to me dammit)

Finksh all missions - light shield 48 def +20 all resistances

Clear reward - 100 lapis

Use libra - moogle

Kill with lb - rod mastery (+50% mag with rod)

Party of 5 or less - materia: 180% 7 hit water/wind Magic - ignore 25% spr - 100% chance 3 random status ailments - 60 mp

Is the best thing to use my limited stamina on (early game) the story and just go through that?

Try and do the lower Frosty missions and get the rewards, but yeah. Not much going on right now...I'd just push through the story and clear out all the treasures.

Gilgamesh trial

Clear - 100 lapi
Finish with lb - moogle

Orthos & chupon trial (that Will Be always their mames to me dammit)

Finksh all missions - light shield 48 def +20 all resistances

Clear reward - 100 lapis

Use libra - moogle

Kill with lb - rod mastery (+50% mag with rod)

Party of 5 or less - materia: 180% 7 hit water/wind Magic - ignore 25% spr - 100% chance 3 random status ailments - 60 mp

....Using Libra gets a moogle? Wot?

Razmos

What are the stats on the Katana from the Gilgamesh Trial? I tried searching it but couldn't find anything about it

cw_sasuke

Gilgamesh trial

Clear - 100 lapi
Finish with lb - moogle

I thought you get that Top Tier Katan from the Gilga Trial (?)

Edit:

nvm - its not part of the Mission rewards.

Raika

Just started this, on what gatcha should I spend the summoning tickets? I tried a rare one and a christmas one. I've got Dark Knight Cecil and Rydia

Welcome! Post your box so we could see if you have any other noteworthy units. Also be careful when selling/fusing anything from the rare summon, you don't want to unknowingly sell/fuse bad units with great Trust Mastery rewards like Miyuki, Zidane etc.

For the Christmas banner, Santa Roselia is a good healer and Noel is an excellent tank. You'd realistically be aiming for Santa Roselia if you don't have a healer, Noel would be a bonus due to extremely low rates for base 5* units. The normal rare summon banner has no units on rate up, so your blue crystals are less likely to be infested with Medius/Cerius as compared to the Christmas banner.

The other option would be to reroll if you don't mind doing so. DKC becomes a great DPS in future with his enhancements, but that's still months away, and in his current state he is considered weak for a base 5* unit. If you were to reroll you'd be aiming for Noctis, Lightning, Luneth or Gilgamesh as they're the top DPS units in the game right now.

Some useful links you could check out:

Beginner's guide
How to reroll
Unit Rankings

Kouriozan

Dark Knight Cecil is OK, will get buff through a new feature in some months.
The Christmas banner is actually not great so if you must summon, use the Rare Summon one, or wait Friday for the new event banner that contains a pretty good healer (Luka)

EDIT : of course I'm late for this, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom