• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
I max the units I use when it comes to Gigantaurs. This includes my normal units, story units (they are currently all 3* max, except for Rain who is ready for Awakening), and the ones that will get their six star someday... Right now I am working on Garland, and I still have a Mercedes to max eventually. But I will take them as they come...

I use my crappy little cactuars on story units for the most part, until they get to the higher levels.

I have 2XChiz, and Light. Four Miuki - should I farm four of the Katanas? Or should I just go for three. The chances of ever using 2xChiz is not really that good, so I am thinking about farming three of them. I'm sure I will end up with more Miuki down the road. That is how the game works.

5. Anyone bothering leveling up their non-premium 6* units? I have a Mercedes, Cerius, and Medius I'm 'forced' to level while I wait for my next shot at 6* mats for Chizuru. They might be useful at some point but I'd prefer to save the gigantaurs for my main squad types.

I did this with a couple, but in general I only level up those that I know are getting 6* upgrades that are actually worthwhile (e.g. Firion and Garland). I don't care so much about the time and NRG waste as much as the sacred crystal waste. I have ~35 of them stockpiled and waiting for a good unit to come along.

Of course, I'm also at the point that 5* bases are really the only ones that would immediately make my main team, so maybe I don't really need to horde SC quite as much as I used to.

Quonny

I'm now curious if any of the newbies actually joined us because of Grande ha

100%. No shame.

I will fight you for her. Ariana will be mine. Gonna whale hard for that dangerous woman.

senpai give me your energy

Quonny - please be aware that you can spend a LOT and not get the unit you want. I know this the hard way.

Oh, I'm not gonna actually spend a single dollar. I learned this from Granblue. I only ever spend money on things like 'bonus stamina for a month' or other 'subscription'-like services in gacha games.

But the hoarding of the gems and tickets? Damn skippy I'm gonna hoard.

mstevens

I'm now curious if any of the newbies actually joined us because of Grande ha

Indirectly. I read about the game because of that thread about it. Hadn't really heard much about it until then. No real interest in her character, though.

At 180 event points now just grinding the easiest frosty. Thinking about focusing on that to try to get the mythril axe. When does the event end?

Alkez

2. Alkez with maxed espers across the board HELL YES! I'm still working on it as I get the megacites. I don't even have Carbuncle yet. Major props.

Thanks bro. Feels like it took forever but these recent events helped a lot. Now I can save all my megacites for Odin (or whoever is next).

Indirectly. I read about the game because of that thread about it. Hadn't really heard much about it until then. No real interest in her character, though.

At 180 event points now just grinding the easiest frosty. Thinking about focusing on that to try to get the mythril axe. When does the event end?

Should be gone on Friday I believe.

c-murph

6* Tilith wannabe, but the true Goddess will shine in a few months!

R6D2Vdt.jpg

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ddw5y/healer_planned_obsolescence_comic_7/

Can't wait. Already have her 5* Stats maxed with Pot.

Shouta

Her auto-refresh is 10% MP per turn, she has 218 MP at minimum at 100, her 99 MP heal also give back 50 MP to her so real cost is 49.
Then more and more people are getting AoE MP regen, so I would say if you pots Tilith, it should be OK.
She don't need SPR so you give her MP% equips and materia, too.

Anyway, I'm just excited to see what I can do with her.

Prism Heal doesn't heal her own MP. If you have 2 Tiliths though, they can heal each other but you can't do it with just one Tilith as I recall.

Also, if you MP stack with her, you lose out on HP/DEF/SPR that you need to reduce damage. That will be required in some major fights.

Xion86

Okay back from work, as promised here is my TM update! (Will be posting every Wednesday and Sunday I think):

P4xU13sl.png

I'll be fusing both Miyuki's together.

Really looking forward to this batch to finish for a big boost to Noctis!!

Also, I've noticed a lot more newer members here so hello to you all! :D
I'll try delete some friends who don't have GAF in their description field so I can add some of you.

Here's me:
eFLYB7il.png

Also, as people are posting their TM list, here is mine (I got into TM farming quite late even though I started at launch, but now I've got most things in the game out the way, I can focus on it a lot more):

Excalibur
Dual Wield
MP +30%
MAG +30%
Magi Staff
Gungnir
Omnirod x2
Barrage

Machine Killer
Stone Killer
Aquan Killer
Evade
Stonra
Raging Fist
Sunbeam
Equip Axe
Equip H Shield x2
Blizzaga

Think I have a few more but can't remember

100%. No shame.
Interesting. We don't care what brings you guys to the community, all are welcome :) I was curious to see if it brought any new blood outside of the thread bringing awareness to the game.

Cool, if nothing else she inspired a GAF thread that lured more here haha Still the weirdest thing I've seen in gaming but since she's in a costume she'll fit in aesthetically.

It will be replaced by the new banner when the Thursday maintenance ends so you basically have until maintenance stars tomorrow night. I believe it's midnight PST. Did you unlock any awards yet? I think as long as you got the first one, you should get all the group awards too. You should do this as well, Quonny and anyone else that's new. A bunch of nice, free awards for little work :) We get the group awards when the event ends.

Kouriozan

Prism Heal doesn't heal her own MP. If you have 2 Tiliths though, they can heal each other but you can't do it with just one Tilith as I recall.

Also, if you MP stack with her, you lose out on HP/DEF/SPR that you need to reduce damage. That will be required in some major fights.

I see, thanks for correcting.
Already have Noctis for AoE MP heal, will see if I can snag another great unit.
Edit : and enhanced Ramza too, I guess.

Eidjinn

The funny thing is..newer players are going to have a much harder time getting some niche TM's like Bladeblitz and whatnot with the crystal change.

To tell the truth I've being testing the summon pulls in the jp since before the change, and I truly believe it's way harder to get good units in general, be it 3 or 4 stars.

I did not like the change at all.

Can't wait. Already have her 5* Stats maxed with Pot.

Same!

This is why I have Cecil with Dual Cast ready. Honestly I can't wait for Tilith 6*.

Valentus

Exviuswiki updated its ranking with Friday's new unit : https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Luka is ranked 1st with Refia, I'd say, without dual cast, Luka wins.

Refia: Natural resistance to silence, palsy, confuse, petrify
Luka: Non resistance to any status

1-0

Refia: Esuna
Luka: AoE Esuna with heal

1-1

Refia: Full Raise
Luka: Raise

2-1

Refia: Curaja
Luka: More powerfull curaja

2-2

Refia: Embolden
Luka: Deep Blue

3-2 (this is so subjetive but ATK/DEF is a better combination than DEF/SPR)

Refia: No auto refresh
Luka: Auto heal and auto refresh

3-3

Vanilla-wise, they are tied units that can be used in different situations. With the power of TMs, Refia obliterates luka, for the simple reason most of luka's best skills cant be dualcasted.

Kouriozan

In the end it's comparing Cecil and WoL, both have their use in specific situation.
Mage team would prefer Deep Blue though
Do they still exist? lol

CCIE

Banned
Some of us have to use multiple mages... I sometimes run 2xExDeath, and Arc. I don't have the physical attackers everyone else seems to

greyshark

Yes and No. If you have enough Dual Wields to give all your physical damage units then sure or if you have innate damage units Luneth/Lightning. If you don't then no.

What if you don't actually own any DPS units because Rainbows are mythical objects that don't really exist in your game?

greyshark

Well what about the non Rainbow ones. Chizuru/Mercedes/CoD?

I've got CoD leveled but no good weapons for him/her/it. I pulled two Mercedes but they're sitting at Lvl. 1 4* right now. I also pulled a Chiz in the last banner and have her leveled but my 2nd best katana is a +60 weapon.

so bartz, chizuru and mercedes are available only by rainbows?

No Bartz for me yet. Would leveling Mercedes without her axe be better than focusing on my maxed ExDeath?

I've got CoD leveled but no good weapons for him/her/it. I pulled two Mercedes but they're sitting at Lvl. 1 4* right now. I also pulled a Chiz in the last banner and have her leveled but my 2nd best katana is a +60 weapon.

I would Focus on Chizuru and give her the Dual Wield and try to get her TM as it adds 50% DMG when you have any katana equipped.

CCIE

Banned
I use Bartz with my Mage team - sacrifice is the best skill ever. It allows me to nuke the hell out of everything, and Light chains well with my mages if you have the timing down.

greyshark

I would Focus on Chizuru and give her the Dual Wield and try to get her TM as it adds 50% DMG when you have any katana equipped.

Working on her TM and Dual Wield - I have enough Moogles to max out one of them now. Would getting Blade Mastery before Dual Wield make more sense without access to better katanas?

Working on her TM and Dual Wield - I have enough Moogles to max out one of them now. Would getting Blade Mastery before Dual Wield make more sense without access to better katanas?

Ehhh I would still get the DW first since you can add a 2nd raw damage weapon like an Enhancer. Don't equip two katana's. Just equip the best one you have and the 2nd best weapon you have that she can equip regardless of what it is. Get the Enhancer from the Intagir trial if you haven't.

Shouta

Mage teams will be a little more viable with Majin Fina's TM. You'll have to go to element chains to really make physical teams jump ahead.

My Majin Fina has almost 800 magic attack with just Rod Mastery. If I had her TM, oh man. lol

CCIE

Banned
Chiz can only equip daggers and Katanas... that is her weakness. You really need some TM's to make her shine. I'm still working on mine, but she will be 700+ ATK in less than a month

greyshark

Ehhh I would still get the DW first since you can add a 2nd raw damage weapon like an Enhancer. Don't equip two katana's. Just equip the best one you have and the 2nd best weapon you have that she can equip regardless of what it is. Get the Enhancer from the Intagir trial if you haven't.

I have the Enhancer - for some reason I thought it wasn't equippable by Chiz. With my current/near future equip I can get either a ~600 MAG ExDeath or a 550 ATK Chiz. Which is better?

I have the Enhancer - for some reason I thought it wasn't equippable by Chiz. With my current/near future equip I can get either a ~600 MAG ExDeath or a 550 ATK Chiz. Which is better?

She may not be able to I don't know as I don't use her. But I would say the 550 Chiz is going to be better in the long run than the 600 MAG Exdeath.

Edit: I see that CCIE said she can only use Daggers/Katana's that kind of sucks but in the end physical will outshine mages at the moment on almost everything. I was so pro mage when the game first came out focused only on MAG based TM's to make my Exdeath a God when he got his 6*. I don't regret it but outside of the Arena he basically is just a gnat to boss mobs and he has 680 MAG.

Valentus

No Bartz for me yet. Would leveling Mercedes without her axe be better than focusing on my maxed ExDeath?

You need to know what units you have, and what TMs you can access to.

And then figure out what units you want to powercreep.

What units do you have right now?

I see that you have chiz and mercedes.

the ideal equip for Chizuru are the following:

Sakurafubuki (Miyuki TM)
Sakurafubuki (Miyuki TM)
Black Cowl (Hayate TM)
Black Belt Gi (free equip)
Bracer (Gaffgarion TM)
Bracer (Gaffgarion TM)

Dual Weild (Zidane TM)
Power of Creation (Maxwell TM)
Blade Mastery (Chizuru TM)
Seal of Destruction (Karl TM)

And the ideal equip for Mercedes is the following:

Viking Axe (Mercedes TM)
Viking Axe (Mercedes TM)
Black Cowl (Hayate TM)
Black Belt Gi (free equip)
Bracer (Gaffgarion TM)
Bracer (Gaffgarion TM)

Dual Weild (Zidane TM)
Power of Creation (Maxwell TM)

It would be good to posts all your units so we can see how you can take the maximum out of your units

H3xum

Are there any future calculator so I can screw around with my Firion and figure out how worth it it would be for 2x Champ Belts?

greyshark

You need to know what units you have, and what TMs you can access to.

And then figure out what units you want to powercreep.

It would be good to posts all your units so we can see how you can take the maximum out of your units

Don't have access to my phone right now, but from your list for Mercedes and Chiz I can say I don't have Miyuki, Gaffgarion, Maxwell, or Karl.

(From memory) I do have 2xMercedes, 1xChiz, 1xLocke, 1xAgrias, 2xCecil, 1xZidane, 1xHayate, 4xRefia, 2xTellah, 3xShantontto, 1xLudmille, 2xGarland, 2xSnow, 3xSazh, 3xFang.

I also had 5xArc but just fused them to complete the TM for Omnirod.

Valentus

Are there any future calculator so I can screw around with my Firion and figure out how worth it it would be for 2x Champ Belts?

No, but a calculation should be:

Base atk (with pots) : 158

ATK +10% : 15,8
ATK +30% with knuckle: 47,4
ATK +20% with Katana: 31,6
PoC: 47,4
BM: 79
SoD: 31,6
Dual Weild: 0

Kaiser Knuckle: 101
Sakurafubuki: 98
Black Cowl: 28
Brave Suit: 23,7
Champion Belt: 77,4
Champion Belt: 77,4
Ifrit: 53

Total: 816,3

And all millions of race killers...etc

CCIE

Banned
Sounds like you need to build up Mercedes. She's on my list, but I have other priorities first. You have DW, both of he axes, etc. That's a good start

I added the two new people I saw but if anyone doesn't have me (DTSKD) here is my code:

426, 196, 253.

Currently sharing my Chizuru.

Muku

Why put your account at risk like that? Create a fake Facebook account if you have to but definitely link it up. There have been multiple people in this thread who lost their accounts by not linking it

1. I think having to tie a GAME to a FREAKING SOCIAL MEDIA account has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. And if I didn't already have a FB account, I sure as hell wouldn't be creating one for a game. And to be honest, the only reason I created a FB account was to keep in touch with all my familly when I lived in Japan. I didn't even make an account until I was already living there.

2. I accidentally wasted my actual FB account link on my alt account when I was starting it up. Because who the HELL pulls you being logged in on a freaking browser that isn't even up at the time? And even then, WHY would you assume the person would want that? Why not just a fresh log in? Click it, enter info, bam. You know exactly what are you are getting.

3. Why the hell couldn't they have how this shit works on their FAQ? About how stupid the whole system is and that they CANNOT under any circumstances for some reason, remove your accidentally tied account to your FB. Who creates a shit ass system like this?

4. This system is awful. And yeah, if I lose my account, it would suck. But you know what, it's too much work for a game. Especially if they're not going to have information on a FAQ on their website about how this crap works. Especially since this is my first of this kind. I specifically went to their site first before I did anything. Didn't really see the information I did need.

5. Why would you create a halfass backwards system without allow it to at least offer YOU the chance to overwrite if they can't fix it?

I created a fake FB account to end up rerolling my alt account not realizing how tangled and messed up this web was until after the fact. So the two email addresses I have are already tied to Facebook accounts. And while I was going to make a third to try something out, I realized a lot of these free email accounts now require you HAVE an EXISTING email to sign up. WTF? Who thought this whole thing up? I do not want my other email addresses tied to it for my own reasons. What about folks who actually don't have one?

I'm more concerned about folks talking about having their fake FBs closed on them. I can't imagine that would do anything great for your account either. Plus, I just want it attached to my ACTUAL FB account which is now impossible according to GUMI. Fail.

Edit: I should also note here though that I'm on the Mac ecosystem, so TM farming still wouldn't be easy for me. Probably more work than it's worth to be honest.

I'm abusing Muku's unit like there's no tomorrow.

LOL poor Luneth. ;) I'm glad he's working out for you though!

CCIE

Banned
My account is on an alternate FB account I created for the game. If something happens to it, guess I'm done. Hopefully that isn't an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom