• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

Luckily you can make a FB account with a phone number which is very easy to confirm it being 'real' even if you messed up with a real email address on a reroll account.

aka me

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm now curious if any of the newbies actually joined us because of Grande ha

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we see a big jump in active users, even if they don't show up in this thread.

I did this with a couple, but in general I only level up those that I know are getting 6* upgrades that are actually worthwhile (e.g. Firion and Garland). I don't care so much about the time and NRG waste as much as the sacred crystal waste. I have ~35 of them stockpiled and waiting for a good unit to come along.

Of course, I'm also at the point that 5* bases are really the only ones that would immediately make my main team, so maybe I don't really need to horde SC quite as much as I used to.

I think this is a smart strat and is more or less what I'm doing. Just thinking about it because I don't really want to expand my unit pool again and again just for gigantaurs because I'm waiting to get 6* mats for Chizuru and Mercedes.

[lots of stuff]

This all reminds me that

1. Damn I wish I could've scored Maxwell when I had a shot.

2. I probably ought to move Karl up in my TM queue!

3. I wish we could combine Reddit's BIS google sheet with that Unit Calc so I could press a button to spit out the best equip and change things best on TMs I can actually cook.

Alkez

And to be honest, the only reason I created a FB account was to keep in touch with all my familly when I lived in Japan.

Same here. I created mine when I went off to university to keep in touch with people. What were doing in Japan if you don't mind me asking?

Muku

Luckily you can make a FB account with a phone number which is very easy to confirm it being 'real' even if you messed up with a real email address on a reroll account.

aka me

That would be cool if I had a US cell #. Still on my Japanese carrier. Not sure how they would treat that for someone in US, or if they make a distinction at all. I'd feel weird about it even though I just let contract die and renew on using a JPN #. Plus, not sure if they send anything to your phone. I sure as hell don't want shit from FB on my phone via #.

I'm also curious about how a secondary FB is if you do it under another name and for some reason you can't access it. I imagine folks use their real name at least in case? Because other wise you'd have no proof it was yours. I guess in case of hacking or whatever.

Same here. I created mine when I went off to university to keep in touch with people. What were doing in Japan if you don't mind me asking?

Husband taught English. :)

It's funny because I had no real interest in FB initially. But my husband got it at some point. And the only cousin I knew online via MySpace decided to quit MySpace and go exclusively to FB during that same time. So while I poo poo'd FB, I ended up switching over anyway to at least be able to talk to her. That's when the floodgates of family opened up once they realized I was on. XD

This is interesting as I thought I'd have more attack than what I currently do but Noctis stats are as follows:

845 w/ 2* Ifrit

Equip:
Deathbringer
Chiri (Sakurufubuki is now starting from 0%, just got Miyuki)
Black Cowl
Brave Suit
Genji Glove
Infernal Armlet

Abilities:
Power of Creation
Seal of Destruction
Blade Mastery
Atk +10 (have another Seal of Destruction that will cook in the TM oven real soon)

I honestly thought he'd push closer to 900. I've been putting all my attack pots into him but not sure he's maxed on atk pots as I don't have one to try to infuse into him.

KeRaSh

Do you guys care about Noctis' MAG stat with the elemental Flask attacks being hybrid?
I don't have any MAG equipment on besides what he gets from the Hero Rings but I made sure he's using a katana for the MAG boost. Currently he has 303 MAG (500+ ATK) with Shiva.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Do you guys care about Noctis' MAG stat with the elemental Flask attacks being hybrid?
I don't have any MAG equipment on besides what he gets from the Hero Rings but I made sure he's using a katana for the MAG boost. Currently he has 303 MAG (500+ ATK) with Shiva.

Total anecdote here but I've absolutely noticed a difference on the flasks with and without Refia's embolden.

That would be cool if I had a US cell #. Still on my Japanese carrier. Not sure how they would treat that for someone in US, or if they make a distinction at all. I'd feel weird about it even though I just let contract die and renew on using a JPN #. Plus, not sure if they send anything to your phone. I sure as hell don't want shit from FB on my phone via #.

When I was living in Japan (stationed there with the Air Force), I used my JP SoftBank # on Facebook without issues. Facebook hasn't ever texted me, either.

Muku

When I was living in Japan (stationed there with the Air Force), I used my JP SoftBank # on Facebook without issues. Facebook hasn't ever texted me, either.

Hmm good to know. Yeah, running with SoftBank in Japan. SoftBank was good. Not sure how I feel about Sprint back here in States but it gets job done. I can play Exvius and PokemonGo so .. XD

Ah awesome. I have a couple of friends doing that atm. Seems like a good experience.

I'd recommend it if given chance. Might also depends where in Japan you are. Where I lived it was beautiful. And one train into Yokohama and Tokyo. (25 and 45 or so mins respectively.)

KeRaSh

Total anecdote here but I've absolutely noticed a difference on the flasks with and without Refia's embolden.

Well, that should be obvious since it's 50% ATK and 50% MAG based. Boosting one of the stats should increase the damage. :)
Cecil's Focus is also helping!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Anyone notice Luka is pre-rated on wiki equal to Refia?

With their stat lines more or less the exact same (Luka has a smidge more HP), you're exchanging immunity to silence, paralyze, confuse, and petrify + Esuna in exchange for a very expensive (but amazing) Esuna replacement in 'Priestess Miracle' and a super-fast loading LM?

One more thing: Luka can equip harps while Refia can equip rods.

I'm kinda fascinated.

Pejo

This is interesting as I thought I'd have more attack than what I currently do but Noctis stats are as follows:

845 w/ 2* Ifrit

Equip:
Deathbringer
Chiri (Sakurufubuki is now starting from 0%, just got Miyuki)
Black Cowl
Brave Suit
Genji Glove
Infernal Armlet

Abilities:
Power of Creation
Seal of Destruction
Blade Mastery
Atk +10 (have another Seal of Destruction that will cook in the TM oven real soon)

I honestly thought he'd push closer to 900. I've been putting all my attack pots into him but not sure he's maxed on atk pots as I don't have one to try to infuse into him.

Were you using that unit calculator to estimate your Noctis too? Mine started out a good 30-ish attack lower than the calculator said it should have been. Maybe it's bugged with how it calculates his weapon mastery passive bonuses.

Were you using that unit calculator to estimate your Noctis too? Mine started out a good 30-ish attack lower than the calculator said it should have been. Maybe it's bugged with how it calculates his weapon mastery passive bonuses.

Yep. I was indeed. Only logical reason I can find is that it's bugged as you stated.

Westonian

Cleaned out a few dead friends (RIP BorkGAF and Academic).

I have five more slots available: 154.211.436 (Max Gilgamesh at 516 attack)

Kouriozan

Yes the calculator has some bugs, when I put my Noctis's equips and materias, it didn't have the same ATK as mine currently in-game.

Alkez

So after Kouriozan mentioned the 300% stat buff cap (which I was completely oblivious to) I've been doing some napkin math for my hopefully future Eileen while I watch [European] football.

Optimal

Innate buffs: 60%
Ability slots: 4 * pride of the six gods (I believe that's the translation for Veritas of the Wind's TM, and that's assuming that it stacks like letters and arms) 200%
Accessories: Genji Gloves 10%
Champions Belt 20%
Body: Brave Suit 15%

This would take her to 305% but the extra 30 from Champions Belt is better than hitting the 300% cap exactly with a ruler ring.

But that's the optimal set up. No Gilgamesh or Snow have graced my account lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Opened up some space for the new players here - based Ariana Grande.

Just have GAF in your name or your textline so i know whats up.

Raika

I smell some...

hhykSeV.jpg

Add me! My Elza won't bite... probably. >:)

forgrim

yes...my second TM is done!

dual wield was my first and...barrage lol. This was when barrage was good so i started on it.

Excalibur, dualcast, and lenna staff is almost done, and i just tm'd my next zidane so he'll be ready with them.

damn i'm far behind.

Xion86

yes...my second TM is done!

dual wield was my first and...barrage lol. This was when barrage was good so i started on it.

Excalibur, dualcast, and lenna staff is almost done, and i just tm'd my next zidane so he'll be ready with them.

damn i'm far behind.

Haha, keep it up! You will get there, no rush :). Once you get Excalibur and Dual Cast you will be very happy. I actually started farming quite late as I could never get NoX/MEmu and the scripts to work properly apart from my own scripts I made. But now finally I've gone back to NoX and works without any major issues, never had any crashes or freezes at all *touch wood*.

1.5% left for Power of Creation! :eek:

Monster Zero

I have 35% in moogles but Greg is at 88%, so tempted to end it all but giving 35% to my 41% Chizuru will be worth the wait. It's crazy stressful waiting out these last percent, I keep checking on my macro

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Arena streak: 118 and counting. I wonder how high I can get it before the reset???

2. HERO'S RING FINISHED! Nice lil' upgrade off a generic Hyper Wrist for my Noctis, now up to 585 ATK.

3. Blade Mastery, Sakurafubuki, Bracer #1, you cannot get here fast enough.

Quonny

1. Arena streak: 118 and counting. I wonder how high I can get it before the reset???

2. HERO'S RING FINISHED! Nice lil' upgrade off a generic Hyper Wrist for my Noctis, now up to 585 ATK.

3. Blade Mastery, Sakurafubuki, Bracer #1, you cannot get here fast enough.

sounds like some gewd shit

top it off with a discounted daily pull

you'll get something amazing

Alkez

Nice one. Getting that first hero ring is so satisfying.

So, ever since the super maintenance every maintenance has finished on time, early even. How long do we expect this to continue lol? I'm going to say the one after tomorrow's one will have us returning to our normal delayed service.

forgrim

i'm hoping to run this team for now:

cecil
WoL
Refia
Chizuru
Chizuru

So planning my next TM's to be sakurabukari watever katana, with wind katana as my main, is it worth farming two tho since I know gilgamesh trial gives one really good neutral katana?

Valentus

i'm hoping to run this team for now:

cecil
WoL
Refia
Chizuru
Chizuru

So planning my next TM's to be sakurabukari watever katana, with wind katana as my main, is it worth farming two tho since I know gilgamesh trial gives one really good neutral katana?

you have to beat gilgamesh to get the katana, and knowing how gumi works... i think he will get a big buff.

Pejo

You know what would be cool? If your friend unit had a chance to get TM% when other people used it as well. It'd actually make people want to make their friend unit not only something good, but also increase the variety we see in friends. When I'm just doing misc stuff that isn't a trial, I always try to use units that are uncommon or that I don't personally already have.

I wouldn't mind seeing some mega powered Miyukis or Inguses (Ingi?).

They'd have to make it so that you could equip friend units with something that doesn't bind the equipment to them in your real game though. Similar to how friend units work in FF Record Keeper.

Xion86

*squeals in delight*

Elza has finally broken 700ATK! Sitting nicely at 733 at the moment, today is a good day! :D

Congrats!! I'm 1% away! I'd have been there by now if my laptop didn't crash. When I recovered it NoX was dead due to a "type password to decrypt storage" error too, had to reinstall NoX and Exvius completely, back to normal now.

Oh I also realised I was full earlier, oops. I've made some room so here is my ID again. Feel free to add me newer members of the Exvius GAF party :). I'll be able to accept once I'm awake tomorrow:

eFLYB7il.png

(Sigh Safari randomly crashed after I wrote this out the first time, not a lucky night for me)

robotuw

What are we supposed to get for this new Europa trial? As someone with a medical condition that prevents me from ever pulling Miyuki, I just really want Gilgamesh to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom