• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

What are we supposed to get for this new Europa trial? As someone with a medical condition that prevents me from ever pulling Miyuki, I just really want Gilgamesh to show up.

Should be sometime this month (might even be next week), and then Gilgamesh for February.

Nice! I just somehow completed the exploration trophy for 500 lapis. I had no idea I was even close. Very cool.

The grind of TM farming from 0% is daunting, but I made some great progress today. Working on 2 Miyuki's and 3 Zidane. I'll be sitting darn pretty when they're done.... a month from now.

I downloaded the latest Nox yesterday, so far everything is working swimmingly. The only problem I have is the occasional app crash, but so far my TM macro is working great for the second day. However, I'm using W10 and a beefy pc with a SSD drive, so ymmv.

I don't have experience in using the ready-made macros tho, I just made one of my own, which was quite simple.
I have W10 and a beefy machine with SSD as well so that shouldn't be an issue. I like being able to use Android 5.1 with Memu but i guess it's not necessary.

I will try Nox again and see if I can get it running. I ended up just closing the instance entirely because it would just stop or crash. Not sure why. And I really want to be able to run the macro once every 5 minutes or so just to keep energy steady.

Slaythe

Questions.

1) Will Noctis ever come back or he's gone ?

2) Where the fuck is 6 stars Kuja -_- ? I want an actual answer as to what, why, how, he is still garbage after all this time D: .

3) Did Secret of Mana ever happen on global ?

Thank you ! Happy new year. <3

Valentus

Questions.

2) Where the fuck is 6 stars Kuja -_- ? I want an actual answer as to what, why, how, he is still garbage after all this time D: .

Noctis is not gone. Its here, in our hearts... or in your ps4 because the chances of getting him off-banner are almost like winning the powerball

Kuja will happen when alim give some fucks to FF9.

Secret of mana is more likely to never happen in global sadly

Slaythe

Noctis is not gone. Its here, in our hearts... or in your ps4 because the chances of getting him off-banner are almost like winning the powerball

Kuja will happen when alim give some fucks to FF9.

Secret of mana is more likely to never happen in global sadly

Why are those answers so expected yet so hurtful ?

So Noctis is dead for FFBE if you didn't get him ?

Guess I'll just wait for Squall to join in 2 years then.

tuffymon

No, it means the chances of doing a rainbow > Noctis while no bonus up rate is going on is more like finding a specific needle in a stack made of needles... it's possible, but don't expect it...

ExVicis

He might win a favorite character poll or something and come back then. Who knows. But I'm with you, I'm very disappointed I didn't get Noctis either and I spent a decent amount of money trying too.

Even more upsetting is I got crap units for my efforts even still. 10 Rakshasas is where I draw the line. Had to take a break out of anger. Came back because I figured I should at least farm some TMR

Slaythe

This game :

635860955229745486-1259787963_han-solo-odds.gif

CCIE

Banned
Noctis isn't gone forever, like Elza. One of these days I might pull him - after all, WoL finally decided to love me. Damned men playing hard to get!

Syntsui

Have we ever had two 5* base on the same banner? I don't expect Noctis or Elza to return again,unless they do a two-part banner for BF and Kingsglaive.

Wohoo, finally got around to slaying that Plant trial. Such an upgrade for CoD! Just having Surging Menace left and I'll be all caught up. I think that one is supposed to be a lot easier than the Plant and even the dragon so that rod upgrade for ExDeath cometh soon! How many grenades does it take to kill the cactuar? I have frags too but no Void Vessels. I'll just elemental spam everything else until the demon.

Questions.

1. I guarantee he'll be back on banner. FFXV has been exponentially more successful in the US and EUR than Japan so at a minimum Global will get FFXV banner some day, no doubt in my mind. I also expect him to be voted in the next player's choice banner and it's quite possible he'll be in one of them for the anniversary in July too. One way or multiple, he'll be back on banner.

2. Apparently they think FFIX sucks for some reason because that squad gets no love. Complete bullshit Zidane is so awful as a unit. At least he has a godly TM but yeah...lame. They'll probably do a Trance Zidane and Kuja so they can actually make them have a good skill set and hit 6* at the same time. As they are, doubt 6* could save them, certainly not Zidane.

3. Not yet but maybe one day. We got freaking Brave Frontier and some even more obscure game that the Juggler, Fencer, and..something came from so I don't see why we can't have Secret of Mana at some point. The Global release path has deviated from Japan so it's impossible to say what's coming when and in some cases, if it will at all. That said, we occasionally get something Japan doesn't too.

Flambe

Woot, moogle finished off my Blademaster, 697 atk Noctis now with Diablo :eek: pretty hefty boost just getting that.

I think I'm gonna throw in two more Chorizos with this spot and Zidanes in 6% and combine them for my second BM for Greg and when my other 3 spots finish at the same time I'll find a triple dupe to work on, miyuki or maybe Locke for a Rising Sun. Shouldn't need more than 3 Sakura's right? I have a few Cecil's too that's be a quick Excal though I should do more than two of those hm

Muku

So.... I don't think I can remove Chilly. Not yet still... I keep him on in case.... Chilly......

God damn Tilith can DIAF. Srsly

GOOD NEWSSSSS EVERRRRYOOONE! I'm at Arena Streak of 98. :3 I can get it done before maint tonight. /dance

Muku

Man, this low stamina cap is a killer. If I don't check on the game every two hours I'm massively wasting stamina.

Yeah, the babysitting sucks. :( Love the higher end when you can go some time and not worry about it. I still lose some while at work on my main but its all good. I'm not wasting what I used to.

Celegus

Man, this low stamina cap is a killer. If I don't check on the game every two hours I'm massively wasting stamina.

Really love that I wake up from sleeping and my bar isn't full yet. Low stamina is the wooooorst, hopefully there's a decent rank xp event again sometime once you're a little more up to speed.

chrono01

Very sexy sprite. You can see her boobs bouncing un your OLED screen.

Update on refia: -2.0 points. Smells like chocobo barn.
Pfft. Fencer did this months ago. Old news!

Yeah, it can be really troublesome early on, but once you reach a higher rank, it's a lot more comfortable. Try to hang in there.

Quonny

Oh, I'm still loving a lot about the game, it's just such a clear flaw that I don't know why it isn't addressed. I'm not expecting anything like 80 or even 50, but 40 would be a godsend.

mstevens

Was planning on going as long as I could hold out without spending money, but really considering buying the $4 early bird bundle since it seems like a good deal. Does the 100 energy reset to whatever your max is once you rank up? Because that would be a huge bummer.

Oh, I'm still loving a lot about the game, it's just such a clear flaw that I don't know why it isn't addressed. I'm not expecting anything like 80 or even 50, but 40 would be a godsend.

I'm with you. I'm currently at Lechios Hills and my NRG max is only 26. Good for only three battles at the moment.

Quonny

Was planning on going as long as I could hold out without spending money, but really considering buying the $4 early bird bundle since it seems like a good deal. Does the 100 energy reset to whatever your max is once you rank up? Because that would be a huge bummer.

It doesn't reset, but you don't 'earn' that stamina. Nothing happens except your maximum goes up one.

It's a strange choice as nearly every other gacha game gives you your maximum stamina as a bonus when ranking up, but no, you don't go down to your cap if you have more than your cap when you rank up.

mstevens

It doesn't reset, but you don't 'earn' that stamina. Nothing happens except your maximum goes up one.

It's a strange choice as nearly every other gacha game gives you your maximum stamina as a bonus when ranking up, but no, you don't go down to your cap if you have more than your cap when you rank up.

Ah okay. I think I'm going to pass on the bundle. Feels good to be F2P at least for a bit, and I doubt the 4 pulls from the bundle is going to make any significant difference.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

What are you at now anyway?

We all know it's entirely by design and considering the pull rates for rare units and the generally dismal costs ... you might start to get a picture of Gumi as something of a greedy company. I think it would be accurate, except I also think they're making a lot of money and they're practicing the great art of 'because we can.'

Never give Gumi your money and expect anything but heartache. Assuming they even give you your lapis.

All this said, the babysitting goes away in about a month or two, maybe less. Once you get into the higher 30s on rank it gets easier and you can fuck around for 4 hours instead of every two. Wasting NRG at the bottom ranks is basically impossible, so don't sweat it.

Once you get to lvl 50 and higher -- also around the time you'll probably start TM farming, depending on your team -- you'll really be in great shape. (TM farming changes the entire feel of the game and relationship the gamer has with it. It's different and neat and comfortable, unlike the stress of the early meta)

Edit: you can mitigate a lot of this problem by really going all-in on high rank exp rewarding events. I can't remember which event it was but somewhere after Halloween one event rewarded 600 rank exp per battle and a lot of us went up something like 25-30 levels in a couple weeks. It was glorious. (also lapis comes with each level, so...)

chrono01

whatabout fencer
She never received a 6* awakening (yet), so she's only been around once and that was it.

If she ever receives a 6* awakening she'll be back but honestly, given the amount of time until she was released (and how unpopular Crystal Defenders was in Japan), I wouldn't count on it. :(

Ken

She never received a 6* awakening (yet), so she's only been around once and that was it.

If she ever receives a 6* awakening she'll be back but honestly, given the amount of time until she was released (and how unpopular Crystal Defenders was in Japan), I wouldn't count on it. :(

rippp

EDarkness

That's a bummer, too, because I really dig her model and would like to have another shot at getting her...no matter how low of a chance.

I have to admit that with no event going on, I have no idea what I should be doing in this game. I've spent almost off of my time this week doing mindless EXP runs. I almost have Noctis to 100 and Vaan is one level from 80. Not sure what to do after that. I didn't realize how much my gameplay was impacted by having events to run. Too bad the new event is a one and done thing.

I hope he'll return too, I still have him on my Friend List, haha.

Me, too. I have enough slots so it's no problem keeping him on there. I hope he comes back or at least drops in and says, "Hi."

mstevens

As a side note, I looked at the USA iOS top grossing rankings and was surprised that both this game and FFRK were missing. The DBZ gacha game is really close to the top (I guess it's not too surprising that DBZ could be a bigger IP?) but I was kinda shocked that Kingdom Hearts Unchained was ranked instead of these. Nothing against that game, I just figured FF was a bigger IP.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Newer folks if you want to add me, I have 5 slots. Only people with GAF in your message and active in this thread accepted and kept.

I'm no whale, but I rotate a 587 ATK Noctis, a 486 MAG ExDeath, and a 482 DEF Cecil. Chizuru cooking.

120 759 149

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
That's a bummer, too, because I really dig her model and would like to have another shot at getting her...no matter how low of a chance.

I have to admit that with no event going on, I have no idea what I should be doing in this game. I've spent almost off of my time this week doing mindless EXP runs. I almost have Noctis to 100 and Vaan is one level from 80. Not sure what to do after that. I didn't realize how much my gameplay was impacted by having events to run. Too bad the new event is a one and done thing.

Me, too. I have enough slots so it's no problem keeping him on there. I hope he comes back or at least drops in and says, "Hi."

[ ] Finish story?
[ ] Finish leveling necessary units?
[ ] Finish the colosseum?
[ ] Finish leveling espers?
[ ] Finish the trials?
[ ] TM FARMIN' YALLLL

EDarkness

Newer folks if you want to add me, I have 5 slots. Only people with GAF in your message and active in this thread accepted and kept.

I'm no whale, but I rotate a 587 ATK Noctis, a 486 MAG ExDeath, and a 482 DEF Cecil. Chizuru cooking.

120 759 149

Hey, PL, sorry about the other day. I hope I didn't get under your skin too bad. I was just being silly, but I think it's hard for that to come through on the internet. I never take any of this stuff seriously, but I know others don't and sometimes I forget that.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hey, PL, sorry about the other day. I hope I didn't get under your skin too bad. I was just being silly, but I think it's hard for that to come through on the internet. I never take any of this stuff seriously, but I know others don't and sometimes I forget that.

If you're talking about the Ariana thing, I wasn't even mad or even noticed who was saying what. So, likewise. This is all fun to me and one of my favorite things I've experienced WITH GAF since I joined ten and a half years ago now. We're all friends here.

Muku

If you're talking about the Ariana thing, I wasn't even mad or even noticed who was saying what. So, likewise. This is all fun to me and one of my favorite things I've experienced WITH GAF since I joined ten and a half years ago now. We're all friends here.

This game wouldn't even be that much fun without GAF. GAF LOOOOOVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom