• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Is there any particular guide or tips to build a good team? I don't know nothing about the characters, so I can't distinguish a good one from crap

There is this that can helps : https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings
Anything that can be 6* is good enough.

From your previous screenshot, Firion/Rain/Dark Knight Cecil/Santa Roselia/whoever you like is nice.
Both Rain and Firion will get their 6* upgrade really soon, Rain should even be next week.

Lyrian

I don't know what everyone is upset about. I prefer to blow three Arena orbs on Colosseum ADV-S1 - every 10 battles gives you a Mega-Ether anyway. Not wasting 60 energy on stupid Frostor event I finished over a week ago.

No story in the Dailies today. TMR farming script on the computer, because I have to go see clients. Need to wake up my man and make him go snow-blow the driveway

Have a nice day all!

Have a nice day as well! Will have to keep the ADV S-1 clear reward in mind. Crafting mega ethers is annoying.

60 NRG?

Just do the low end frostor

Depend on current ranking in the standings, especially with the event ending today. If some stupid, inexplicable reason, if you are under 10k in position, you need to averaging 5 ELT Frosty boss clears per day to keep position. Incredibly annoying and I expect it to get even more so by the end of the night.

Got lucky and got Frosty for my set of dailies. Thanks, 150 free lapis today from dailies!

Searched for the outrage over Ariana here and on Reddit. Was not disappointed :)

Syntsui

Second Minerva Bustier done, now it's time to get two Aegis Shield and then Garnet's TM. MAG based bosses won't even scratch Refia lol.

Second Minerva Bustier done, now it's time to get two Aegis Shield and then Garnet's TM. MAG based bosses won't even scratch Refia lol.

Yep. Can't wait to finish my Refia. Magi Rod should be done today and then two Aegis Shields with my 10 fucking Leo's and a Minerva after. After that I can't decide what to work on first..

I don't know what everyone is upset about. I prefer to blow three Arena orbs on Colosseum ADV-S1 - every 10 battles gives you a Mega-Ether anyway. Not wasting 60 energy on stupid Frostor event I finished over a week ago.

No story in the Dailies today. TMR farming script on the computer, because I have to go see clients. Need to wake up my man and make him go snow-blow the driveway

Have a nice day all!

Agreed, I guess if you are trying to be in the top 3k it would matter but you can easily afford to spend 3 orbs and still be in top 30k. I only care about 30k so I would much rather spend 3 orbs than I would the energy for the frosty event I have had finished for like a week now.

This is generally a good start to at least get an idea about where units stand for comparison sake.

Otherwise, I would recommend just asking here. We tend to be pretty responsive to people asking for help and guidance.

There is this that can helps : https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings
Anything that can be 6* is good enough.

From your previous screenshot, Firion/Rain/Dark Knight Cecil/Santa Roselia/whoever you like is nice.
Both Rain and Firion will get their 6* upgrade really soon, Rain should even be next week.
Thanks, With 6* upgrade what do you mean? I can level them/awaken them and they become a 6* unit?
Also, should I be pulling right now or should I wait?

Uhhh it costs 0 NRG to do Frosty for daily.... It counted towards the Void daily so you just do 3 runs of the 5NRG for the daily and boom, reimbursement. So yeah, it sucks to have to waste Orbs on Coli when you're trying to increase your rank in Arena.

When does the weekly reset for Arena? Wondering if I have enough time to get in the top 30k. Worst case, I'll easily be able to for the Monthly which is what matters more since you get a moogle. So far still undefeated at 29 choosing the highest rank opponent every time. Hoping I can get to 100 while at it for the trophy. I think I just got in the 60's(k) range so half way towards the bracket I'm aiming for!

Also, finally got around to Surging Menace last night so all caught up on trials a million years after most of you guys ;p On the plus side to waiting this long, it's was hilariously easy. I totally spaced putting throwing items in my item inventory.... So I just used Embolden and decided to see what auto would do and yeah....he went down quickly, no throwing items needed. Second round, chain Ice element = one round KO, third round chain thunder element = one round KO, fourth round chain thunder element again = one round KO and finally, I get to the Greater Demon and don't know what to expect so I do a serious round of Embolden-DC Meteor-Barrage-Full Break-Warp Strike-Warp Strike and....one round KO ;p Next up, Europa Trial!

c-murph

Romandan Pistol No.1 and No.2 Get!

T4VXMXr.png

Also, Current list of Finish TMs for those interested:

r2dcZ3S.png

Some are doubles like Barrage, Growth Egg, Lordly Robe.

Also, have Gungnir but I guess I got rid of Kain. Currently working on getting rid of 9 Celes'. I have 4 cooking with one Leo (50%ish).

tuffymon

Thanks, With 6* upgrade what do you mean? I can level them/awaken them and they become a 6* unit?

Certain units when raised to max level can be awoken to level 1 of the next star or grade. Generally, you want ones that are at least 5 star capable, with 6 star potential. We don't have a LOT of 6 star availability at this time, but of the units I saw posted several pages back, my recommendation would be...

Dark Knight Cecil (DKC), Firion x 2, Saint Roselia, and I'd recommend Terra as the fifth, it may not be necessary but a second back up healer (cura, raise, and dispel) never hurts especially when you don't know a ton about the game.

Uhhh it costs 0 NRG to do Frosty for daily.... It counted towards the Void daily so you just do 3 runs of the 5NRG for the daily and boom, reimbursement. So yeah, it sucks to have to waste Orbs on Coli when you're trying to increase your rank in Arena.

That is a good point. Definitely depends on your goal in Arena :)

Whizkid7

So...close...to DW...Zidane's at like 98.5%. Just a little bit more and Chizuru gets a much needed boost. DC for Refia is hopefully not too far behind him (4 Luds all sitting around 10% each. I barely have any mages so I'll probably stick to just one.)

tariniel

I can't believe I need 30 free unit slots to accept the cactuars from the frosty event. That means I need to spend lapis to increase it or dump a lot of characters I've been saving 'just in case' or for TMs.

Why can't they just throw them in there and make me use them before doing anything else, like when you buy them from the Mog King? Annoying.

Rixa

The more I see about that woman who I dont know the less I give fucks. I don't like the idea that they are adding some celebs bs to game that I have paid.

Fuck this shit.

Gumi assholes popping some ada from some celebs INSIDE my game. Iam thinking to contact Google and asking money back.

Syntsui

The more I see about that woman who I dont know the less I give fucks. I don't like the idea that they are adding some celebs bs to game that I have paid.

Fuck this shit.

Gumi assholes popping some ada from some celebs INSIDE my game. Iam thinking to contact Google and asking money back.
I don't know what's indignation or sarcasm anymore.

The more I see about that woman who I love the more I give fucks. I like the idea that they are adding some celebs to game that is free.

This is the shit.

God Gumi popping some ada from some celebs INSIDE my game. Iam thinking to open the Google Playstore and spend some money.
Now I know lol.

Quonny

The more I see about that woman who I love the more I give fucks. I like the idea that they are adding some celebs to game that is free.

This is the shit.

God Gumi popping some ada from some celebs INSIDE my game. Iam thinking to open the Google Playstore and spend some money.

Certain units when raised to max level can be awoken to level 1 of the next star or grade. Generally, you want ones that are at least 5 star capable, with 6 star potential. We don't have a LOT of 6 star availability at this time, but of the units I saw posted several pages back, my recommendation would be...

Dark Knight Cecil (DKC), Firion x 2, Saint Roselia, and I'd recommend Terra as the fifth, it may not be necessary but a second back up healer (cura, raise, and dispel) never hurts especially when you don't know a ton about the game.

I've dropped a Cloud Of Darkness earlier, I see that it's #4 as buff support, I guess I should train it to lvl 6?

Syrus

Banned
Seeing the ariane grande message in game made me realise how rediculous it is.

Dumb lol

Why do people get romandian pistol TM over some others? I know its strong , curious if other reason

Flambe

I've dropped a Cloud Of Darkness earlier, I see that it's #4 as buff support, I guess I should train it to lvl 6?

CoD is good yup.

Great innate resistances, decent damage (great against Human-type), some nifty support abilities like group 30% all elements resist, group esuna-type spell, etc.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Should the first stage of the Frosty event be near impossible for a new player? I've only managed to finish it once and it was because a friend Noctis ended up solo'ing it after the rest of my team wiped. (That made me feel inadequate about my Luneth)

CoD is actually a great damage dealer, as well. I consider my CoD to be vital to my team makeup. Her barrage serves as cleanup for me in the arena and boss fights, her all team esuna (called comeback) is amazing, and a spell she has called aura ball that inflicts ailments to all enemies has been perfect for some of the trials and events.

So... yeah. I definitely recommend getting her up to 6*, if you can.

bryt

Just got Sakurafubuki and Blade Mastery! Noctis now at 769 ATK.

I got 10 free friend slots, add me if you guys want.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Is there any particular guide or tips to build a good team? I don't know nothing about the characters, so I can't distinguish a good one from crap

Like crazyivan and kourkour said, start with wiki's unit rankings. They don't give you the entire picture but do generally highlight the best of each unit class you should want on your team. With that in mind, here's what you should generally be thinking about when focusing on which units to level beyond which units are 6* capable:

BUILD A TEAM GUIDE

1. DPS -- These are your primary damage units and have the highest ATK ratings. Long term the most important units you can have or get in the game. They just happen to be super super hard to get. So while you could build an entire team of these types and probably beat every event, you'll be lucky to get even one of them doing daily pulls every day for your entire time with the game.

Elite units: Luneth, Lightning, Noctis, Gilgamesh, Elza, Chizuru
2nd tier: Garland, Cloud of Darkness, Mercedes, Dark Knight Cecil, etc.

2. Mage -- These are your primary magic damage dealers and have the highest MAG ratings. They are absolutely vital to your team if you don't have an elite DPS and for building elemental chains. The good news is that they're somewhat easier to land.

Elite units: ExDeath, Dark Sexy Fina, Arc, Krile, Neckbeard Noel
2nd tier: Kefka, Kuja, Shantotto, etc.

3. Healers -- These are your primary recovery units and have the highest SPR. They are absolutely vital to every team, even if you have 4 other elite DPS units. You want units with cura, esuna, and raise at a minimum. The best unit(s) have curaja and full-life. These are easier to find but just remember you can't win just by healing yourself (there are as-of-yet unused arena strategies where that actually might work but that's for another day).

Elite units: Refia, Luka (new unit), Santa Roselia
2nd tier: Krile, Tilith, etc

4. Tanks -- These are your primary meat shields that draw attacks from the opponent and have the highest DEF. The best tanks have super high HP and function in some middling support role, like healing or buffing. Average tanks are a dime a dozen. Great tanks are rare.

Elite units: Cecil, White Night Noel, Snow
2nd tier: Charlotte, Amarant, etc.

5. Support -- These are your oddballs that fit a variety of roles, most typically 'buff' and 'debuff.' You can survive most of the story modes without these and probably do very well for yourself without them in the arena. That said a number of events absolutely require you to have them on hand. What you're looking for here are units that can lower the defenses of opponents (think 'full break'), opens opponents up to elemental attacks, deals out status effects, etc. On the buff side you're looking for units that can build your defenses, elemental resistances, etc. You'll note that the elite units in every other category have some of these functions. Elite support units typically lean toward the DPS side (Elza, Ramza), but some have some mage flavors (like Ingus).

Elite: Elza, Delita, Ramza, Agrias
2nd tier: Ingus, Farris, etc.

####

TLDR:
-- DPS + MAGE + HEALER + TANK + [OTHER] is the general makeup of most teams when we talk about 'what's your base team?'

-- Otherwise team structure and formation is entirely based on what you actually have. If you see something at the top of the wiki unit rankings, it's for a good reason and you can generally do well by leveling that unit.

-- Arena teams are a wildcard and you'll notice all mage teams, or all DPS teams that wouldn't necessarily do well in other settings.

Good luck! Hope this was helpful.

CoD is good yup.

Great innate resistances, decent damage (great against Human-type), some nifty support abilities like group 30% all elements resist, group esuna-type spell, etc.

CoD is actually a great damage dealer, as well. I consider my CoD to be vital to my team makeup. Her barrage serves as cleanup for me in the arena and boss fights, her all team esuna (called comeback) is amazing, and a spell she has called aura ball that inflicts ailments to all enemies has been perfect for some of the trials and events.

So... yeah. I definitely recommend getting her up to 6*, if you can.
Thanks! I noticed that I was taking more damage/dealing less damage far on, so I stopped back in the first city and bought some equipment, is the right way to do it??
Also I saw about enanching units, should I do it? And who I should sacrifice?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Thanks! I noticed that I was taking more damage/dealing less damage far on, so I stopped back in the first city and bought some equipment, is the right way to do it??

Don't enhance your units with each other until you fully understand trust master rewards and unit rarity. There are some 2nd-tier and 3rd tier units with a trust master reward (equipment, materia/magic/buff) that you literally might never see again.

Keep at least one of every 3*+ unit. Never ever ever merge units without knowing what you're doing. You can ask here if you need until then!

trust us!!!

Flambe

I'd probably hold off enhancing with any units at the beginning, too easy to accidentally feed one that you'll regret later lol.

However when you get the metal Cactaurs those are fine as feeding 'em into units for exp is all they're good for.

As to equipment, yeah keep an eye out for upgrades at towns. Colosseum is alright as there's some equipment in there, though make sure you hit your Arenas each day for those rewards as well.

H3xum

I'm a manual iOS TM farmer (I know, I am a glutton), but I was curious. For the NoX users that TM farm over night, how much lapis does that generally come out to (can you post your levels as well so I have a better idea)

Razmos

I'm a manual iOS TM farmer (I know, I am a glutton), but I was curious. For the NoX users that TM farm over night, how much lapis does that generally come out to (can you post your levels as well so I have a better idea)
I've gotten all mine without spending any lapis on refreshes

tuffymon

Yes, CoD is really good, has a great mix of attacks and support. I'd consider using one Firion instead of two. When enhancing units, there are 2 real choices... Either cactaurs or a unit that has gained its Trust Mastery and is not useful anymore, friend units are better sold off. In regards to gear, the first few towns have useful gear, it loses its effectiveness as you stick around and start doing events that yield better than what shops can do. Some quests give good stuff too, and later on you'll have trials that can give a few nice items as well.

bryt

If I were to spend lapis it would be 800 lapis for 8 hours with 89 NRG. My macro takes 40 seconds. So 89*40/60 = 1 hour per refresh.

EDIT: That's not accounting for natural NRG refreshing every 5 minutes though so probably 700 lapis for 8 hours.

If I were to spend lapis it would be 800 lapis for 8 hours with 89 NRG. My macro takes 40 seconds. So 89*40/60 = 1 hour per refresh.

EDIT: That's not accounting for natural NRG refreshing every 5 minutes though so probably 700 lapis for 8 hours.

And just for context, do you have a feel for how much you actually gain for the 700 lapis? Meaning, how much does the TM percentage go up during that time?

Muku

Congrats. It's such a relief when you get it done. I was 2 wins away when the super maintenance happened. Was a stressful day lol.

Thank you. It really is. And you feel obligated to get it because... 500 Lapis! I can totally understand that being stressful day when super maint hit. Ugh. I was just glad to hit it before maint last night because I was afraid it might get crazy too.

Also, that pop up Adriana Grando is creepy.
I love chronos spelling so I'm sticking to it.
Obviously they're really REALLY excited.

Can we please get boy band leader Noctis to sing now too? Him and Adriana could totally rock the enemy eardrums to bleed levels.

AND WTF ADRIANA is coming that quick? Okay, so means a lot of us can save Lapis this month for our future awesome units.

Niahak

And just for context, do you have a feel for how much you actually gain for the 700 lapis? Meaning, how much does the TM percentage go up during that time?

Wouldn't that just be 89 energy -> 89 runs -> ~0.9% on each of 5 TMs for each 100 lapis or 6.3% on average for 700 lapis.

That's in addition to the baseline per day, which I suppose would be 288 energy if you're spending it all for TM farming or 2.88% (round to 2.9). So I'd estimate 9% per day with 700 lapis of refills or 2.9 with none.

That's assuming the 1/10 chance of 0.1% always holds true, though.

robotuw

Nothing on the JP side about this. I guess it's a global only Collaboration?

Odd, didn't they have a picture of her with the developers? Maybe that was just Square Enix people. Does Gumi do the global-exclusive stuff in-house or do they still need Alim to do it?

Hmm, I have no idea. I'll run my lapis macro overnight tonight and I'll report back.

Thanks, although I'm sure Niahak got the maths right, or at least in the right ballpark.

Wouldn't that just be 89 energy -> 89 runs -> ~0.9% on each of 5 TMs for each 100 lapis or 6.3% on average for 700 lapis.

That's in addition to the baseline per day, which I suppose would be 288 energy if you're spending it all for TM farming or 2.88% (round to 2.9). So I'd estimate 9% per day with 700 lapis of refills or 2.9 with none.

So very roughly speaking, that would mean it takes 1-11 days and roughly 7k - 8k per TM. That's a huge improvement, but probably too rich for my blood.

Shouta

Odd, didn't they have a picture of her with the developers? Maybe that was just Square Enix people. Does Gumi do the global-exclusive stuff in-house or do they still need Alim to do it?

Hirono is the producer of the game overall, GL and JP. The guy at the end of the video is the producer of the GL version of the game.

I'm pretty sure Gumi just handles running the game while the dev and leads are still JP in general.

Muku

Why isn't she in the JP version of the game? I thought they loved her there. Do they think they're doing the rest of the world a favor?

Edit: Holy what the... so having Adriana in the news section wasn't enough they had to have the pop up too? Hm

tuffymon

MORE math! Don't forget that that exp adds up too, 10 might not be much... but 890 x 7 + 2880 ~ roughly or roughly just over 9000 !!!! exp a day, 3-4 days for a rank up which gives a full energy (saving?? 100 lapis) and another 100 lapis back to be further funneled into tm? Does that seem right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom