• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just boring now since there's nothing I can do to improve my characters now except TM grinding. This has to be the most boring, crappiest way to get gear in just about any game that I have played. Maybe the ending is worth it, but the sheer amount of time and lapis needed to do it is insane. I have a lot of respect for those who do it, but having tried for a while, this is an activity that I'd like to avoid doing.

Do you know about TM macros so you can automate the TM farming? That is what almost everyone does. It isn't feasible otherwise unless you have a ridiculous amount of free time you are willing to burn by doing it manually.

EDarkness

And this too. I didn't pull this dumb banner once. A big oversized and uglier Cecil with 2nd-tier mage capability, a decent healer, and two upgrades for forgotten 5* units that get benched for even average teams? HARD PASS.

Which leads me to a Very Serious Theory I have about the future of banners and pulls: No elite DPS unit, no pull. And I think Gumi knows this, and I think they're going to have a shitass time trying to figure out how to increase interest in no-dps banners.

I pulled on this banner once by accident (meant to pull on the Noctis banner). The crazy thing is I ended up getting Medius on the Noctis banner. Got another Charlotte on the current banner when I did pull. Crazy stuff.

Still, looking at what's coming up, I have no desire to pull on any of the banner until we get to Tidus and Orlandu. Even the Orlandu banner is said to be pretty crappy, so I'm even looking forward to that. Who the hell knows when we'll get Tidus. This means a whole lot of saving materials. Gumi is gonna have to work hard to get me to pull on any banner going forward. In the meantime, I'll be saving tickets! Woo hoo!

Whizkid7

This is one reason I really like Brave Frontier's Art evolutions go through some crazy changes sometimes. ( I realize most people think the art has way too much going on)

Example: Elimo.

http://i.imgur.com/7miPFxH.png
to
http://i.imgur.com/K5dNQS2.png

Because it does! You think the auras are bad in Exvius? Check what a modern team in Brave Frontier looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IirOoNaVvPc

And these are tame compared to most! I readily admit I think the art direction is awesome when I can manage to set up my team so I can SEE THEIR FACES

Muku

Do you know about TM macros so you can automate the TM farming? That is what almost everyone does. It isn't feasible otherwise unless you have a ridiculous amount of free time you are willing to burn by doing it manually.

Shouldn't have to run a program to play the game for you to get it to be fun. :/ Plus being in the iOS environment doesn't make it easier from what I've read.

I also told myself I wouldn't pull on Christmas banner. Because it was utter shit. Then I accidentally did out of habit and pulled Noel. I burned my luck until god knows when.

Shouldn't have to run a program to play the game for you to get it to be fun. :/ Plus being in the iOS environment doesn't make it easier from what I've read.

I completely agree, but unfortunately with this game it is the reality. It absolutely shouldn't be though, it is terrible design :(. I am android here but my understanding is people have Nox working with macros if you are interested in doing it on iOS.

I have been kind of falling off lately too, after not pulling a Noctis and right now having nothing to do in the game... the FF draw is a large part of what is keeping me, and you guys of course!

Because it does! You think the auras are bad in Exvius? Check what a modern team in Brave Frontier looks like:

And these are tame compared to most! I readily admit I think the art direction is awesome when I can manage to set up my team so I can SEE THEIR FACES

That is what I like about it though. It's a video game it's supposed to be crazy! I do wish they had mouths though...that shit is weird.

Muku

I completely agree, but unfortunately with this game it is the reality. It absolutely shouldn't be though, it is terrible design :(. I am android here but my understanding is people have Nox working with macros if you are interested in doing it on iOS.

I have been kind of falling off lately too, after not pulling a Noctis and right now having nothing to do in the game... the FF draw is a large part of what is keeping me, and you guys of course!

I haven't kept up with the Nox stuff since a while back when I guess certain things stopped working and all. Not sure if it's easier or better now tbh. Thing keeping me going right now is community as well. :) Just been going back and getting lapis from old stuff since not much else to do in mean time. But building up that lapis empire.

When do statuses and debuffs actually get applied to an enemy? This has been confusing me for a while. Take Noctis' Thunder Flask, which lowers SPR. When I use it, the debuff icon shows up before the damage numbers do. Does that mean the damage is being modified by the debuff? If not, how about dual wield, is it being modified on the second attack at least? How does this work for something like sleep? If I hit someone with a dual wield sleep dagger can I put them to sleep with the first hit and wake them up with the second? So in that case I would want to put the dagger in the second slot?
Damage isn't modified on the attack that applies the debuff.

I can't remember exactly how status effects work. I'd assume they worked like elemental damage where the effect of one weapon applies to both. I know a first attack applying a status effect and a second one knocking the enemy out of it can't happen though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I think there's a difference between 'have to run a program to have fun' and 'running a program to get an otherwise impossible item which is incredibly fun to use and compete with at the highest competition levels of the entire game.'

Like, I agree with you man. We shouldn't have to have macros n' shit to get upper tier equipment. Truth is, that 10K rate was set so fucking high because Gumi wanted to make macros like this basically pointless and to increase the value of trust moogles, what is supposed to be the most valuable prize in the game. (and because i think they really want you to pull more units, which over time eventually result in a TM reward).

But honestly I don't get the whole shouldn't-have-to mindset. You don't have to do all that to have fun. If you're at the point where TMs are required to have fun and you don't want to do TMs, then you're at the end of the game. Not a whole lot to discuss after that.

Valentus

Making a more detailed analysis, santa roselia and cerius are good units for F2P

Very good ones.

Cerius has innate dualcast, so apart of his powerfull bar-ja spells, equipping him a cura staff (10 star quartz in fat chocobo un secret village) makes him cast dual cura spells, that can be close to a AoE Curaga.

And Santa Roselia has counter cura, counter inmunity to all ailments, entrust and auto-lb , so in any moment she can entrust her lb to Cecil to cast his lvl 25 limit break for ATK/DEF/SPR +74%

And also, she can equip light shields.

Yeah, she doesnt have Raise or Embolden, but she can boost your time to make cecil cast his LB.

It can be worth of testing her in tomorrow's event.

EDarkness

Everytime I watch videos of this game, I feel like I have no idea what's going on. There's an incredible amount of stuff going on. The crazy thing is I downloaded the game and installed it on my iPad before Christmas, but I haven't opened it yet. I keep meaning to....

But honestly I don't get the whole shouldn't-have-to mindset. You don't have to do all that to have fun. If you're at the point where TMs are required to have fun and you don't want to do TMs, then you're at the end of the game. Not a whole lot to discuss after that.

As a game developer, I'm of a mind that everything related to the game should be in the game. It should all be contained. If you need to know how to do something basic, then the game should provide that for you. In order to progress in the game, the need for external resources shouldn't be needed. The goal is for the player to play the game and not to have some automatic program play the game for you. If something like that is needed, then it's a fail on the game developer's part. It's true that not all game developers are created equal, but I feel like this should be one of those fundamental points of game design. I'm not a fan of overly grindy activities in games, but that's one of the reasons I could never design a game like FFBE or any mobile game. I like fair and reasonable play habits and I believe in respecting the player's time.

I don't think that TMRs are REQUIRED to have fun, but with so little gear that the game actually gives you, you're practically forced to do it in order to gear up your group. They should make more interesting gear that can be crafted. Just make the mats something we have to farm from story missions. I don't mind that at all, since it would give me something to do and allow me to gear up my group in some reasonable way. Much like how it's done in MMOs.

Whizkid7

Everytime I watch videos of this game, I feel like I have no idea what's going on. There's an incredible amount of stuff going on. The crazy thing is I downloaded the game and installed it on my iPad before Christmas, but I haven't opened it yet. I keep meaning to....

It works pretty similarly to Exvius, honestly. It's just much, MUCH flashier. Also has about 235268329067206 more buffs/debuffs than Exvius.

Brunire

It works pretty similarly to Exvius, honestly. It's just much, MUCH flashier. Also has about 235268329067206 more buffs/debuffs than Exvius.

That are constantly being activated/wiped/overwritten/nullified on every single turn during boss fights, haha.

As a game developer, I'm of a mind that everything related to the game should be in the game. It should all be contained. If you need to know how to do something basic, then the game should provide that for you. In order to progress in the game, the need for external resources shouldn't be needed. The goal is for the player to play the game and not to have some automatic program play the game for you. If something like that is needed, then it's a fail on the game developer's part. It's true that not all game developers are created equal, but I feel like this should be one of those fundamental points of game design. I'm not a fan of overly grindy activities in games, but that's one of the reasons I could never design a game like FFBE or any mobile game. I like fair and reasonable play habits and I believe in respecting the player's time.

I don't think that TMRs are REQUIRED to have fun, but with so little gear that the game actually gives you, you're practically forced to do it in order to gear up your group. They should make more interesting gear that can be crafted. Just make the mats something we have to farm from story missions. I don't mind that at all, since it would give me something to do and allow me to gear up my group in some reasonable way. Much like how it's done in MMOs.

I could not possibly agree more with this whole post. I totally get the reasoning behind the difficulty getting TMs, but I still can hate the process it takes to get there. You summed it up for me perfectly.

That's a fantastic team to start with. And while Firion is not a powerhouse now, he gets a 6* upgrade pretty soon and apparently he becomes a beast. You basically have everything you need to roll with a great squad:

DPS: DKC, Firion
Healer: SR
Damage/Support: CoD
Mage: Exdeath

You made do a spit take with my coffee! Well done. LMAO

Guess I got lucky afterall! I have a question about the events. Where do I find them? I need to unlock them further in the story? And where I can get summons?

Guess I got lucky afterall! I have a question about the events. Where do I find them? I need to unlock them further in the story? And where I can get summons?

Events are generally found in the Vortex section of the game, and are unlocked during the event periods. For example, if you go to the Vortex right now you will see the "Dread Frost Arrives" and "A Frosty Offensive" links. These are part of the holiday raid event. Tomorrow, these will go away and the new event will replace it. They are not attached to anything in the game otherwise, so you don't have to advance the story to participate. They are available to everyone.

Summons are called "Espers" in the game, and you get them as you advance in the story. If you want a sneak peek, check this out.

Syntsui

What are people thinking/saying about this upcoming event?

Loadouts/Parties, etc
Noctis friend, break her + buff party + kill her in two turns.

Being a little bit more serious, my party will be:

Noctis
Luneth
Lightning
Refia
Cecil
Friend Unit that could be Elza or another Noctis

Turn 1: Embolden + Elza/Noctis debuff move + Crushing Blow + Warp Strike + Cut Through.

Turn 2: Curaja if necessary + repeat.

robotuw

Noctis friend, break her + buff party + kill her in two turns.

Yeah, Noctis is so broken it feels like the next few events are going to be cakewalks while Gumi figures out how to balance for him when not everyone got him.

Damage isn't modified on the attack that applies the debuff.

I can't remember exactly how status effects work. I'd assume they worked like elemental damage where the effect of one weapon applies to both. I know a first attack applying a status effect and a second one knocking the enemy out of it can't happen though.

Ah ok. Thanks! That's what I thought but I couldn't find confirmation on it anywhere.

Are pot stat boosts permanent? Will they stay if I awaken a unit?

Yes they are permanent and yes they carry over across awakenings. Awakenings also add to the max pot capacity, so even if you maxed the unit on pots, you'll be able to add more after awakening them.

Takuan

Just tried installing Nox at work so I could TM farm during the day... firewall said NOPE.
kttcolito

Whizkid7

That are constantly being activated/wiped/overwritten/nullified on every single turn during boss fights, haha.

Ain't that the truth! Shenanigans, I say.

the fact that their enemies have attack animations makes me jealous

Not all, just the ones that are summonable units (like all the enemies in that video). Any of the big trial style bosses just flash gray or whatever it is Exvius ones do.

You can tell I've spent a lot of time with BF, heh. Part of the reason I like FFBE (outside of FF characters) is the character designs are more simplified, and it's also a battle system I'm largely already used to.

Plus it kills my battery WAAAAAAY less.

Events are generally found in the Vortex section of the game, and are unlocked during the event periods. For example, if you go to the Vortex right now you will see the "Dread Frost Arrives" and "A Frosty Offensive" links. These are part of the holiday raid event. Tomorrow, these will go away and the new event will replace it. They are not attached to anything in the game otherwise, so you don't have to advance the story to participate. They are available to everyone.

Summons are called "Espers" in the game, and you get them as you advance in the story. If you want a sneak peek, check this out.

So I tried the events, I did the daily one that got me the metallic dude to enhance the units and a gem-tortoise that I don't know what to do with.
Also I've tried the snow events and got wrecked at turn 2, dealing basically no damage. Does it count for the rewards?

Shouta

Gameplay is way worse than Exvius overall. I played it for like 2 years then gave up because new units were coming out at break neck speeds and the gameplay didn't really evolve at all.

Kouriozan

Already switched my leader back to Excalibur/Diabolos for tomorrow's event.
I wish I was done with my Sakurafubuki already.

I am also 46,588th in the raid ranking with 12,471 pts, hope people won't get crazy for that extra summon ticket.

Kettch

Already switched my leader back to Excalibur/Diabolos for tomorrow's event.
I wish I was done with my Sakurafubuki already.

I am also 46,588th in the raid ranking with 12,471 pts, hope people won't get crazy for that extra summon ticket.

That's interesting. I'm at 55,659 with 12,211 points. Suppose I could run it two more times for a ticket.

KeRaSh

I'm glad I maxed my CoD a while ago even though she's sitting on the bench. If I don't need Refia for heals I will just swap her in for Exdeath. If I need Refia I would have to swap out one of my physical DPS units. Gilgamesh is overall my strongest unit. Noctis is amazing, too but I also don't want to swap out my Lightning...
Could I simply swap out Cecil for Refia?
Do I even need to stress over this with such a team? >_>;

/edit: What will be the Dos and Don'ts for the event tomorrow? Excalibur is a must but one of the bosses has a 50% resistance to fire so Chirijiden is a no-no?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

I think this is a good post and doesn't necessarily conflict with what I said. Gumi's game doesn't require an external modification.

I agree with the spirit of what you're saying SO MUCH I just wish you would acknowledge that grinding 10K battles (and thus practically begging for macros) is not Gumi's intention at all. That's why you've seen them free up the moogle giveways and why they're the pot of gold at the end of every event rainbow.

The real problem you're describing is good equipment availability balancing and between the colosseum and the trials and the events and the crafting and star quarts shops and and and and and ... I just couldn't disagree with you more about this. I held my own without a single TM, had very little problem competing in the arena and colosseum, etc. Does that mean I should be able to get 100% completion on every event as an F2Per? Naaaah man. nah.

I think I just come down to this: TM's are intentionally difficult and are meant to be prizes for the endlessly dedicated and the whales. They extend the life of the game. They're simply not meant to be available to everyone and I think your criticism of the process comes from that perspective.

Kettch

I'd be fine with the trust masteries if Dual Wield didn't exist. Being the only way to more than double the damage of your characters is ridiculous. The weapons and stuff are nice little perks that can make dedicated people stronger, but this is a basic thing that puts characters on two entirely different levels.

Maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed by it if I'd managed to pull a Zidane in one of my...looks like 276 rare pulls so far though.

Shouta

Gear problems go away as more events happen as they'll give you equips as a part of doing it. They won't be as strong as Trust Master Rewards, most of the time anyway, but they definitely help fill out your armory.

Vamphuntr

Global is never getting that sweet Loto Sword though :(

I mean Gumi could make another sword with the same stats if they wanted and put it in another event.

--

Started playing Record Keeper. This game is insanely generous. Did a 11 pull and got 5 5 stars relics. Already have some level 60 characters and started playing 2 days ago.

I mean Gumi could make another sword with the same stats if they wanted and put it in another event.

--

Started playing Record Keeper. This game is insanely generous. Did a 11 pull and got 5 5 stars relics. Already have some level 60 characters and started playing 2 days ago.

Don't be fooled you just got lucky. I did 4 11 pulls on the orbfest banner's last week and only got a single relic on each one. 3 of which were dupes. Leveling characters is pretty easy though.

EDarkness

I think I just come down to this: TM's are intentionally difficult and are meant to be prizes for the endlessly dedicated and the whales. They extend the life of the game. They're simply not meant to be available to everyone and I think your criticism of the process comes from that perspective.

Not at all. I don't need 105 ATK weapons. I see that being good for a TM. Something that's great and an added bonus. However, we can't even buy or craft 75 ATK weapons. The best things we can get are in the 40-50 ATK range. This is terrible. Especially with fight difficulty ramping up. I'm content with saving up my Trust Moogles and burning them on a cool TM. I just got Dual Wield a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy with that. What I'm getting at is the base for standard equipment is too low and needs to be buffed a bit. We only get ONE event weapon/piece of armor generally and that's usually an elemental piece which has some limitations. The best katana I can craft is Osafune at 42 ATK. It would be nice to be able to craft a 60-70 ATK katana, even if we had to farm for some rare mats. Save the high end for TMs.

To make a long story short, there aren't many middle of the road pieces of gear to go after. So I can buy crappy Buster Swords for my crew, but there's nothing else outside of that besides events and TMs.

I'd be fine with the trust masteries if Dual Wield didn't exist. Being the only way to more than double the damage of your characters is ridiculous. The weapons and stuff are nice little perks that can make dedicated people stronger, but this is a basic thing that puts characters on two entirely different levels.

Maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed by it if I'd managed to pull a Zidane in one of my...looks like 276 rare pulls so far though.

Ugh. I don't even want to get started on how dual wielding just breaks games. I gave CoD Dual Wield and she's night and day better with the crazy poison mace. I think this just shouldn't be the case. Oh well. Need to pull another Zidane so I can get another Dual Wield for Noctis.

Kouriozan

Who need Fullbreak on Dark Fina when you can Thunder Flask then Warp Break
I'm just too busy leveling Ramza to train Agrias :x

By the way I predicted I would almost have Blade Mastery #2 for tomorrow event and it's at 85%, just need 5 days of TM farming!

Not at all. I don't need 105 ATK weapons. I see that being good for a TM. Something that's great and an added bonus. However, we can't even buy or craft 75 ATK weapons. The best things we can get are in the 40-50 ATK range. This is terrible. Especially with fight difficulty ramping up. I'm content with saving up my Trust Moogles and burning them on a cool TM. I just got Dual Wield a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy with that. What I'm getting at is the base for standard equipment is too low and needs to be buffed a bit. We only get ONE event weapon/piece of armor generally and that's usually an elemental piece which has some limitations. The best katana I can craft is Osafune at 42 ATK. It would be nice to be able to craft a 60-70 ATK katana, even if we had to farm for some rare mats. Save the high end for TMs.

To make a long story short, there aren't many middle of the road pieces of gear to go after. So I can buy crappy Buster Swords for my crew, but there's nothing else outside of that besides events and TMs.

Ugh. I don't even want to get started on how dual wielding just breaks games. I gave CoD Dual Wield and she's night and day better with the crazy poison mace. I think this just shouldn't be the case. Oh well. Need to pull another Zidane so I can get another Dual Wield for Noctis.

Have you obtained the Enhancer (still the best sword), Masasume, and Thorned Mace? Additionally, the events have had some pretty decent weapons available for currency purchase, like the fire and ice swords from the XIII event.

Lyrian

You're kidding.... right? Have you seen the leaderboard?

The top 30 on the leaderboard all have at least 100k points each now.

I'm trying to stay in the top 10k after falling all the way down after the first week. I'm at 20k points for the event, and I'm not sure that will even hold by the end of the server day without even more runs.

So, yeah, people will do crazy things for one more summon ticket. You can bank on it.

As others have mentioned, macros weren't intended to be a thing in this game. But, as a game designer, I am sure you are aware of how deceptively brilliant players can be at breaking game systems. TMs were meant to be a very long-term goal obtained by using Trust Moogles obtained from various sources at a rather slow pace (until power creep dictated otherwise, and then the rate of awarding of trust moogles could be increased). Macroing breaks this whole advancement system by enabling players to gear up far ahead in terms of power of where they should be at this point in the game. I believe Gumi has thrown in the towel on this, as there is no real way to conclusively prove macroing (at best, playing for a very unhealthy number of hours per day might be a sign of macroing, but isn't conclusive my any stretch of the imagination).

Grind = longevity (in which macroing breaks this system handily). If there wasn't a grind, what would be the long term goals of the game? Even MMOs have a grind system in one fashion or another to give players something to do.

Crafting: /deep sigh

I'm with you on this one, but in general the community (talking about Global in general) hates this passionately.

Gumi has tried:

General Crafting: SUX because better things exist that don't require the crafting grind.

Grind for materials for a long-term prize during an event (Gravity Rod, Shining Splendor): Community - SHIT EPICALLY SUX that this even existed PERIOD. Full stop.

Grind for materials to craft event currency to buy items at Mog King (Mogcake event): Community - SHIT SUX because the community hated cleaning out explorations.

Grind Colosseum for rare materials to create a rare item (Blood Sword):
Community - SHIT SUX because the arena exists and wasting orbs on Colosseum is inefficient and wasteful.

Basically, unless crafting is going to yield items that trump TMRs (spoiler alert: they won't by design), the community in general will despise crafting because a better option exists. That's all there really is to it.

Perhaps crafting might have been viable had TMRs not be exploitable via macroing. Maybe. But, it's a moot point now. The prevalence of Nox, Memu, Andy, Switch Controls, and so on, cements macroing for TMRs to be the optimal path for advancement in the game for the forseeable future, if not forever.

Granted, TMRs are NOT needed to clear content in general. All of story mode can be cleared without TMRs. All of the prizes from the raid event could be obtained from running PRO difficulty, which does not need TMRs (but does need a solid, well thought out team). The only real roadblock is on trials, which are overcome over time via powercreep and/or bringing whaled friend units into them.

So, despite what seems to be apparent, TMRs are not the end all of enjoying this game and clearing content in FFBE.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. I finally get another day where the game didn't crash in Nox but the script was defeated anyway because of this stupid ass Grande Burrito ad that popped up. The script clicked all over it but you can't cancel the ad window that way....Wtf, Gummi??? Why in sam hell do we need a pop up ad when there's already a bulletin notification for it? It's obnoxious having that pop up as is but to ruin a day where Nox actually didn't fail in any way? Rage Gummi, raaaaaaaaaaaaaage!
not really this mad but still bullshit ;p

If Grande burrito is forced on us I say we fuse her into a Shadow or Bedille. Who's with me?

Kouriozan

You're kidding.... right? Have you seen the leaderboard?
Top 50k get 3 tickets, then top 150k it's 2 iirc.
I'm saying I hope people won't refill just for another ticket that would bump me down to <50k
At worst I'm going to get up one hour before reset.

So I tried the events, I did the daily one that got me the metallic dude to enhance the units and a gem-tortoise that I don't know what to do with.
Also I've tried the snow events and got wrecked at turn 2, dealing basically no damage. Does it count for the rewards?

The "gem tortoise" is called a gil snapper, and they are only good for selling. They serve no other purpose. The "metallic dude" is called a gigantuar and give out 30,000 experience when you fuse them to a unit. I think they would be tremendously useful on your starting team.

The Frostor event may be above your pay grade at the moment, but at the lowest level (should be labeled INT and cost 5 NRG), a friend unit should be able to carry you. I'm not sure what you mean by reward, though.

EDarkness

Have you obtained the Enhancer (still the best sword), Masasume, and Thorned Mace? Additionally, the events have had some pretty decent weapons available for currency purchase, like the fire and ice swords from the XIII event.

Yeah. I have those weapons. There were a couple from some old events that I didn't get because I had no idea what I was doing back then. But I have pretty much all the weapons and armor from the more recent events. I just think there needs to be more middle of the road stuff. What we have now is low stuff and high stuff. Nothing in between that requires a little bit of effort.

Crafting: /deep sigh

I'm with you on this one, but in general the community (talking about Global in general) hates this passionately.

Gumi has tried:

General Crafting: SUX because better things exist that don't require the crafting grind.

Grind for materials for a long-term prize during an event (Gravity Rod, Shining Splendor): Community - SHIT EPICALLY SUX that this even existed PERIOD. Full stop.

Grind for materials to craft event currency to buy items at Mog King (Mogcake event): Community - SHIT SUX because the community hated cleaning out explorations.

Grind Colosseum for rare materials to create a rare item (Blood Sword):
Community - SHIT SUX because the arena exists and wasting orbs on Colosseum is inefficient and wasteful.

Basically, unless crafting is going to yield items that trump TMRs (spoiler alert: they won't by design), the community in general will despise crafting because a better option exists. That's all there really is to it.

Perhaps crafting might have been viable had TMRs not be exploitable via macroing. Maybe. But, it's a moot point now. The prevalence of Nox, Memu, Andy, Switch Controls, and so on, cements macroing for TMRs to be the optimal path for advancement in the game for the forseeable future, if not forever.

Granted, TMRs are NOT needed to clear content in general. All of story mode can be cleared without TMRs. All of the prizes from the raid event could be obtained from running PRO difficulty, which does not need TMRs (but does need a solid, well thought out team). The only real roadblock is on trials, which are overcome over time via powercreep and/or bringing whaled friend units into them.

So, despite what seems to be apparent, TMRs are not the end all of enjoying this game and clearing content in FFBE.

I totally understand where you're coming from, but the community doesn't have to do that stuff if they don't want to. It should be another option for those who do. You can grind out TMRs or you can go after crafted gear and materials. Maybe TMRs are better, but there would still be something to do for those who don't want to TMR grind, but want to gear out their crew. I try to keep my group well equipped (or as equipped as I can), but I have one Enhancer, one Thorned Mace, one Force Armor, etc. Yet, lots of characters that need to be geared up. I have no idea how to gear up Noctis since I gave the Enhancer to Lightning. I ended up giving him the katana I got from one of the trials. Just like in WoW, I would be more than happy to grind out some mats to make another 62 ATK sword or 42 DEF armor. We're not talking about things that break the game. But who wants to give their characters crappy Buster Swords? There should be something better than that we could at least craft.

You should do the 5 NRG snow/frosty one, at the easiest difficulty, using a friend unit to carry you. At that point, I think because you'll have earned points on the event, you'll qualify for all of the "group rewards."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom