• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
145 Arena Streak and counting, btw. I've always chosen the highest ratio / most difficult opponent. I'm ranked 4765 at this exact moment.

Do you guys think thr bundle of yuleride is worth it? Pop up says its the last day for it. Havent purchased lapis in damn near a month, feels weird. This bundle does look very good and id hate to miss a good deal.

Celegus

It's the best deal they've had I think, but I still haven't spent a cent and don't plan on changing.

check under the stand

That's weird, mine has a picture of Tetsuya Nomura crying taped to the bottom... guess that means it's legit.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Do you guys think thr bundle of yuleride is worth it? Pop up says its the last day for it. Havent purchased lapis in damn near a month, feels weird. This bundle does look very good and id hate to miss a good deal.

I was literally just going to ask the same thing. Problem:

Rule #1: Never give Gumi money again because fuck Gumi
Rule #2: How much lapis are we talkin'?

Kayma

Hey guys, just getting back in to this game after a hiatus. I've really appreciated the advice in this thread and am well on my way to top-tier Exviusing.

If anyone has room, I'd appreciate the add: 690,749,204 in-game name is Kayma as well.

That was the big one that's around 47 bucks, right? Best deal they've had and ended up getting me my Noctis with a 10+1 from the lapis it provided after exhausting all my own and tickets. So a Christmas Miracle for me but that aside, it's definitely a nice deal and that's from someone that's been pretty much F2P.

EDarkness

Hmmm...I'm not sure what you're trying to say. That I should quit the game?

Generally speaking:
Low --> High (in terms of power)

Vendor bought items (with gil) --> Crafted items (normal) --> Event items --> Crafted items (special) --> Star Quartz items --> Trust Master Rewards

Also, the devs have been very strict on the number of items in that progression tier that are Event items or higher. Most items are either uniques or maybe 2 were allowed at most with significant grind in the early days of the game if made via crafting recipe.

I will say that this hurts new accounts a bit, as it does take time to rack up enough event rewards to really gear out a team or two. But, after a few events, most accounts should be rolling in enough event gear to clear out PRO difficulty consistently. I'm pretty much drowning in event gear at this point and most it sits on the sidelines nowadays (and that's without any TM gear/accessories).

Well, I missed out on the first mace we got. Can't remember the name of it. I didn't have CoD at the time and I didn't understand how all that stuff worked back then. I wish I would have picked it up now, but not much I can do about it.

I think the middle level still needs to be fleshed out. Crafted items are crappy and really aren't worth going for, unless it's something like the Hero Ring or something like that. I'll admit that there are a couple of nice things that I've been farming mats for like the Tiger Mask, Hero Rings, Hyper Wrist, etc. No good weapons, though. The problem really comes into play when you have more than a couple of units. The events only usually give a couple of things and not all of them are good. I didn't think all that highly of the Christmas event stuff. I ended up getting Sazh his weapon because that would be one less weapon I'd need for someone else later.

Not being able to gear up all the characters I want to use has basically lead me to not having much to do since it's not worth leveling up characters that we can't get decent gear for. Maybe I'll revisit them at a later date.

Sorry for the long winded discussion. Just something that's on my mind since I have so much down time these days in the game. I really need a new event.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
That was the big one that's around 47 bucks, right? Best deal they've had and ended up getting me my Noctis with a 10+1 from the lapis it provided after exhausting all my own and tickets. So a Christmas Miracle for me but that aside, it's definitely a nice deal and that's from someone that's been pretty much F2P.

It's the best deal I've seen since August 22, 2016, the day I started the game.

Lyrian

It's the best deal they've had I think, but I still haven't spent a cent and don't plan on changing.

I was literally just going to ask the same thing. Problem:

Rule #1: Never give Gumi money again because fuck Gumi
Rule #2: How much lapis are we talkin'?

Best deal since the game launched, period.

48 USD for 10k lapis + 10 tickets + a bunch of other incidentals (HC/SC/Keys, etc) that don't really matter in the purchase decision.

I'm doubting that there will be a deal like this for a long time to come, as this is **far** better than the typical bundle offered during events.

Lyrian

Well, I missed out on the first mace we got. Can't remember the name of it. I didn't have CoD at the time and I didn't understand how all that stuff worked back then. I wish I would have picked it up now, but not much I can do about it.

I think the middle level still needs to be fleshed out. Crafted items are crappy and really aren't worth going for, unless it's something like the Hero Ring or something like that. I'll admit that there are a couple of nice things that I've been farming mats for like the Tiger Mask, Hero Rings, Hyper Wrist, etc. No good weapons, though. The problem really comes into play when you have more than a couple of units. The events only usually give a couple of things and not all of them are good. I didn't think all that highly of the Christmas event stuff. I ended up getting Sazh his weapon because that would be one less weapon I'd need for someone else later.

Not being able to gear up all the characters I want to use has basically lead me to not having much to do since it's not worth leveling up characters that we can't get decent gear for. Maybe I'll revisit them at a later date.

Sorry for the long winded discussion. Just something that's on my mind since I have so much down time these days in the game. I really need a new event.

As noted on the previous chart, crafted items tend to be on the low end of the power scale, outside of a very few exceptions. Generally speaking, power creep hasn't really advanced far enough to warrant items at the level you are expecting to be craftable.

The middle level tends to be event gear. The general assumption is that the if a player can clear ADV in an event, they can get the event gear to bolster their team for the next event. That said, I do believe that it sucks that Gumi's model is "one and done" with every piece of event gear. If it happened before someone started playing... sucks for them. Player wasn't powerful enough to farm event gear at the time... too bad. The "farm it when its available or forever hold your peace" model grinds my gears, but I do understand why it exists. Otherwise, there really wouldn't be much of an incentive to grind for a piece of gear when a player could come back to it at a more convenient time.

Still, I do agree that it has been far too long since the last Mog King event for new gear to be available to players. That's really hurting them in the short-run, as power creep dictates that events become harder over time regardless of the gear that is currently available.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(i don't feel like we have to convince people who aren't having fun with this game to start/keep having fun with this game)

(i love you ED but you're talking in circles)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm torn on whether to give Gumi more of my money or not as good as this deal is or not. You guys are really making the deal sound enticing.

let me be clear as both an adult and a parent, you should not give Gumi your money unless you're absolutely willing to kiss it goodbye for a handful of shit. i mean it! if you can drop 50 bucks for 11 units or whatever that will never make your main squad and / or don't even contribute to your TM queue, good for you. most can't.

... but if you can, this is the best one i've seen.

Shouta

All events should be providing some type of gear, that's kind of the issue it seems with GL, right now? It seems like the Raid event this month didn't provide gear when it probably should have.

On the other hand, you can have a raid event where most of the gear that comes from it is largely useless like FFXIV's raid was, lol.

Hmmm...I'm not sure what you're trying to say. That I should quit the game?

Hey bro, missed the earlier portion so apologies if you already answered this but do you have the Thorned Mace from the plant trial? It's way better than the first one that we both missed. I had her with the mythril mace until I killed the plant yesterday or maybe it was the day before.

As for something to do, besides any trials you haven't cleared if any, you can do what I'm doing which is clearing mission rewards on all the old story levels. The lapis really adds up and is one of the more worthwhile things to do in the game. It has specific objectives to keep the fights from all being completely the same and can even be challenging (getting 3 or 4 LB off with OP units) and you change up the location constantly so it's not as monotonous as it would normally sound.

There's also magicite farming if you haven't maxed your espers. I'll be switching over to that once I finish off the story mission objectives (when there's no event going on I haven't cleared). Hopefully one of these things appeals to you because the new event is going to be the one-shot kind where you just clear it once on each difficulty for the rewards. The one after should be a farming one since it tends to go back and forth between one shots and farming events. Otherwise, just take breaks as needed and come back for new events, trials, and story updates :)

All events should be providing some type of gear, that's kind of the issue it seems with GL, right now? It seems like the Raid event this month didn't provide gear when it probably should have.

On the other hand, you can have a raid event where most of the gear that comes from it is largely useless like FFXIV's raid was, lol.
Yeah the Christmas armor kinda sucked though I was able to use the hat on CoD at least. I should probably just craft more tiger masks ;p It just feels bad using Fire Megacrysts. I feel like I should be stashing to make more Hero Rings ha If we never get that superior ring Japan got though, no reason to make more.

Lyrian

I feel like I should be stashing to make more Hero Rings ha If we never get that superior ring Japan got though, no reason to make more.

The rings should be coming fairly soon, at this point. Although, I think on JP, that still no one has been able to craft a single Exceed Ring yet. Still, the 40, 50, and 60 trophy rings that actually obtainable are solid craftable upgrades to the Hero's Ring.

Muku

I think there's a difference between 'have to run a program to have fun' and 'running a program to get an otherwise impossible item which is incredibly fun to use and compete with at the highest competition levels of the entire game.'

Like, I agree with you man. We shouldn't have to have macros n' shit to get upper tier equipment. Truth is, that 10K rate was set so fucking high because Gumi wanted to make macros like this basically pointless and to increase the value of trust moogles, what is supposed to be the most valuable prize in the game. (and because i think they really want you to pull more units, which over time eventually result in a TM reward).

But honestly I don't get the whole shouldn't-have-to mindset. You don't have to do all that to have fun. If you're at the point where TMs are required to have fun and you don't want to do TMs, then you're at the end of the game. Not a whole lot to discuss after that.

Well, my biggiest issue is that getting new gear doesn't seem to come by that often, so it does feel required. :( I can understand when folks get kind of bored like EDarkness. There's little to gain in way of gear. That's what a lot of folks strive for in RPGs. New gear. That little bit more of an oomph to feel like progression. I can easily see how folks feel like they're floundering and losing something in it all. It's kind of boring when your characters have been using the same thing since the beginning, or what feels like it.

Trust Moogles are the most prized things for me It's about how I got like 95% of Zidane's trust for Dual Wield. And I wish I was kidding. And the Moogles are good, but far and few between. I know, artificially holding folks back. Just boring. But yeah, to have fun you want to see progression of your character. Without gear, which is pretty much progression at 6* right now.. outside of maybe some pots, that IS the only progression. Gear. And the system in place is just boring and simply awful. I'm sure it's the Gacha thing though. This being my first, that's my assumption anyway.

I guess it just wouldn't be bad if we at least had SOME gear in stores that wasn't Mythril shit that was replaced a while back with some event thing or something. Stores are dead and pointless at this point.

Writing this while also catching up with rest of thread. After last post a while back had to go to that evil thing called work.

Grande burrito. BWA HAHA. I love it!

EDarkness

As noted on the previous chart, crafted items tend to be on the low end of the power scale, outside of a very few exceptions. Generally speaking, power creep hasn't really advanced far enough to warrant items at the level you are expecting to be craftable.

The middle level tends to be event gear. The general assumption is that the if a player can clear ADV in an event, they can get the event gear to bolster their team for the next event. That said, I do believe that it sucks that Gumi's model is "one and done" with every piece of event gear. If it happened before someone started playing... sucks for them. Player wasn't powerful enough to farm event gear at the time... too bad. The "farm it when its available or forever hold your peace" model grinds my gears, but I do understand why it exists. Otherwise, there really wouldn't be much of an incentive to grind for a piece of gear when a player could come back to it at a more convenient time.

Still, I do agree that it has been far too long since the last Mog King event for new gear to be available to players. That's really hurting them in the short-run, as power creep dictates that events become harder over time regardless of the gear that is currently available.

I agree. I think some of that gear should come back or be made available at some point for those who missed it. It would have been nice to get that mace from the Mog Cake (?) event.

Yeah. I don't think I used any of the gear I got. Wait...oh yeah, I used the hat. Didn't use the robe even though that 10% SPR is nice. Used the gun on Sazh, but think maybe that wasn't the best thing to do. The two abilities he gets from the gun from the FFXIII event are nice. What does everyone think of the gear from the next event? The whip looks nice, though I'm not sure who can use it yet and I think the amulet would be great for a tank. Might give that to WoL.

Hey bro, missed the earlier portion so apologies if you already answered this but do you have the Thorned Mace from the plant trial? It's way better than the first one that we both missed. I had her with the mythril mace until I killed the plant yesterday or maybe it was the day before.

As for something to do, besides any trials you haven't cleared if any, you can do what I'm doing which is clearing mission rewards on all the old story levels. The lapis really adds up and is one of the more worthwhile things to do in the game. It has specific objectives to keep the fights from all being completely the same and can even be challenging (getting 3 or 4 LB off with OP units) and you change up the location constantly so it's not as monotonous as it would normally sound.

There's also magicite farming if you haven't maxed your espers. I'll be switching over to that once I finish off the story mission objectives (when there's no event going on I haven't cleared). Hopefully one of these things appeals to you because the new event is going to be the one-shot kind where you just clear it once on each difficulty for the rewards. The one after should be a farming one since it tends to go back and forth between one shots and farming events. Otherwise, just take breaks as needed and come back for new events, trials, and story updates :)

Thanks for the comments. I have the mace already as PL stated. Which is why I'm kinda stuck because there's nothing left to get for my guys unless I TM farm. Oh well, just the way it is and I'll just have to deal with it or stop playing until something happens.

Yeah the Christmas armor kinda sucked though I was able to use the hat on CoD at least. I should probably just craft more tiger masks ;p It just feels bad using Fire Megacrysts. I feel like I should be stashing to make more Hero Rings ha If we never get that superior ring Japan got though, no reason to make more.

I recommend making Tiger Masks until you can get something better. I've been farming the Desert Exploration for Fire Megas and so I have a few stocked up. Ice Megas are a lot harder to get, I think. Something I try to do is to balance making Hero Rings and other gear. You'll probably get more milage out of Hero Rings, since we're not getting them replaced anytime soon. Hero Rings and Tiger Masks are probably my most crafted items. I wanted to make Hyper Wrists, but it's hard to get all of the mats for that. Same with Black Belt Gis. Dragon Scales are hard to get and then you have to give up a Red Megacite as well. Once I get Ifirit capped at 2* 40, I'll start working on farming for Dragon Scales since Black Belt Gis are pretty nice and will work until something better comes along like the Brave Suit. Heh, heh.

tuffymon

Twice you've been typing a response and just stopped midway... are you ok? You never responded when asked about it either... Maybe Panther is a sophisticated bot... alright speak up, who broke her/him/it :O

The mace mentioned earlier was Lunar Pestle.

Sazh weapon is Sazh only I thought, so no-one else later on either :/

Use the regular.

Ken

Should I be using the Christmas one or the regular rare? The game gives you 10 free summon tickets. I want to make sure I get SOMETHING that isn't hot garbage.

i think people say to roll the regular rare one so you don't waste a rainbow pull on noel

EDarkness

Use the regular.

Ah! That's right, the Lunar Pestle. I wanted to have that and the Thorned Mace, but I have my CoD using the Thorned Mace and a Boomerang that we get from the Colosseum. Poor CoD, can only use crappy weapons. :(

The gun you get for Sazh in the FFXIII event is pretty cool since it gives two new abilities and yeah it's only for him. If he ever gets to dual wield, I'll have him use that weapon. I have since switched him to the Candy Rifle since the raw damage is better. I kinda miss the moves, though. A hard decision to make, I think. I hope they give Sazh a 6* version.

Lyrian

What does everyone think of the gear from the next event? The whip looks nice, though I'm not sure who can use it yet and I think the amulet would be great for a tank. Might give that to WoL.

I recommend making Tiger Masks until you can get something better. I've been farming the Desert Exploration for Fire Megas and so I have a few stocked up. Ice Megas are a lot harder to get, I think. Something I try to do is to balance making Hero Rings and other gear. You'll probably get more milage out of Hero Rings, since we're not getting them replaced anytime soon. Hero Rings and Tiger Masks are probably my most crafted items. I wanted to make Hyper Wrists, but it's hard to get all of the mats for that. Same with Black Belt Gis. Dragon Scales are hard to get and then you have to give up a Red Megacite as well. Once I get Ifirit capped at 2* 40, I'll start working on farming for Dragon Scales since Black Belt Gis are pretty nice and will work until something better comes along like the Brave Suit. Heh, heh.

The whip is an oddball piece. The only people who can wield it effectively (I believe) are Dark Fina and Rydia. Even so, the Wizard Rod from the Surging Menace trial outclasses it. So, at best, it is a mid-tier gear piece intended for people who can't clear trials yet.

Hero Rings = Every island has an exploration that drops Ice Megas or Fire Megas (but so far, generally not both at the same time). Later islands have significantly better drop rates than earlier ones for megacrysts:

Dirnado: Miranda Beach (Ice), Dwarven Forge (Fire)
Olderion: Aquatic Cove (Ice), Water Shrine (Fire)
Zoldaad: Abandoned Orphanage (Ice), Surging Volcano (Fire - not yet released)

Dragon Scales: Dirnado --> Wind Shrine

If you're all caught up outside of TM farming and don't wish to do that, then that's perfectly acceptable as well. You're just in idle time at the moment until the next event starts for new content. Enjoy the breather and being all caught up on available content in the game at the moment.

Muku

Twice you've been typing a response and just stopped midway... are you ok? You never responded when asked about it either... Maybe Panther is a sophisticated bot... alright speak up, who broke her/him/it :O

Use the regular.

I don't think Quon spoke during that, right? OMG WHAT IF THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON

I'm torn on whether to give Gumi more of my money or not as good as this deal is or not. You guys are really making the deal sound enticing.

I got it and while I didn't pull Noctis or any other elite DPS I currently don't have, I don't regret it. Spend the cash and save most of the lapis for the next great banner is what I would do.

ExVicis

let me be clear as both an adult and a parent, you should not give Gumi your money unless you're absolutely willing to kiss it goodbye for a handful of shit. i mean it! if you can drop 50 bucks for 11 units or whatever that will never make your main squad and / or don't even contribute to your TM queue, good for you. most can't.

... but if you can, this is the best one i've seen.
I can and the deal is enticing as all hell but I've been burned buying a ton of lapis and tickets to no effect twice already. I don't think I can handle a third disappointment like that. I guess I'll just let the deal slide, it's for the best.

I got it and while I didn't pull Noctis or any other elite DPS I currently don't have, I don't regret it. Spend the cash and save most of the lapis for the next great banner is what I would do.
AAAAAAAAH!

EDarkness

The whip is an oddball piece. The only people who can wield it effectively (I believe) are Dark Fina and Rydia. Even so, the Wizard Rod from the Surging Menace trial outclasses it. So, at best, it is a mid-tier gear piece intended for people who can't clear trials yet.

I guess. I don't know who I'll give it to since I doubt I'll get Fina. Though, thinking about it, I probably could give it to Rydia. I ended up giving the Wizard Rod to Terra and she's over 400 MAG now. Wooo hooo!

Hero Rings = Every island has an exploration that drops Ice Megas or Fire Megas (but so far, generally not both at the same time). Later islands have significantly better drop rates than earlier ones for megacrysts:

Dirnado: Miranda Beach (Ice), Dwarven Forge (Fire)
Olderion: Aquatic Cove (Ice), Water Shrine (Fire)
Zoldaad: Abandoned Orphanage (Ice), Surging Volcano (Fire - not yet released)

Dragon Scales: Dirnado --> Wind Shrine

I generally run Miranda Coast to level my guys up. It's the best EXP for the energy, but damn, that place can sap your soul. So long and boring. Just reminds me that I have to go back into that place for more Ice Megas.

I didn't know that the Wind Shrine gave Dragon Scales. I'll start running that tonight because I'd like to get a Black Belt Gi in the cooker. I was running missions in Lanzelt Highlands and that area since that was the best place I could find. Is it the Exploration that I should run or the regular missions?

If you're all caught up outside of TM farming and don't wish to do that, then that's perfectly acceptable as well. You're just in idle time at the moment until the next event starts for new content. Enjoy the breather and being all caught up on available content in the game at the moment.

Definitely. It wasn't until I had some downtime until I realized what my actual situation looked like. It's all good, though. I will be taking it easy and maybe drop out of the forums for a few days since I can work on my game now without too many distractions. We'll see.

You guys have been great.

The rings should be coming fairly soon, at this point. Although, I think on JP, that still no one has been able to craft a single Exceed Ring yet. Still, the 40, 50, and 60 trophy rings that actually obtainable are solid craftable upgrades to the Hero's Ring.
I never kept track of how many times the rings upgraded, I was only talking about the next tier that requires Hero Rings as an ingredient so I guess that'd be the 40. That's cool if it's supposed to come soon, I'd like to upgrade mine. How many HR to make one of the next one? I'm hoping just one but figure it's at least two because I remember way back people saying to make a bunch. Good news is I did make a decent amount of those things.
Thanks for the comments. I have the mace already as PL stated. Which is why I'm kinda stuck because there's nothing left to get for my guys unless I TM farm. Oh well, just the way it is and I'll just have to deal with it or stop playing until something happens.

No worries, brother. If it gets to the point you need a break you can always still chat with the community which we all know is one of the best parts of the game anyway ;p

Yeah I used to farm the Desert and then changed to Miranda Coast for Ice when I was making the rings. I'm not sure if any of the later locations ended up being better for either Fire or Ice as I haven't needed to make them in a while. Chances are that I'll at least make a tiger mask for Chorizo. Eventually I'll have my two Black Cowls for Noctis and Chorizo but that will be a while so yeah, Tiger is nice in the meantime. Speaking of TMs, time to start the farm and get my ass to bed.

Good night, FFBEst GAF! See you different Bat time but same Bat channel. For a few hundred more pages anyway ;)

My first lossless week! Ranked 899 as of the last win. Had one rank up refresh earlier in the week.

4ZjB1yK.png

chrono01

DIAPPOINTING PULLS INCOMING?

Holiday greetings;

30 NRG
250 Lapis
1 Rare Summon Ticket
If only we had a banner to pull on. :(

I seriously don't know how I'm going to wait for the next great batch of characters. My interest in the game is already waning (nothing to really do aside from grind TM, and considering I don't even have the great characters to use those TM's on, it kind of seems pointless). I basically just log in each day to do my dailies and that's about it, as well as the odd coliseum match.

Muku

If only we had a banner to pull on. :(

Restart. I always find banner changes while I'm in game remove old ones but never update.

Daily pull was Gold -> Zidane

My second one. Last week or so got Dual Wield from first one. XD Working on Dual Cast now though.

chrono01

Restart. I always find banner changes while I'm in game remove old ones but never update.

Daily pull was Gold -> Zidane
Oh, I know. I just don't know if I want to spend Lapis on this banner, when Maji-er, I mean, Dark Fina, is the only character that interests me.

Congrats on the Zidane, though!

Muku

Oh, I know. I just don't know if I want to spend Lapis on this banner, when Maji-er, I mean, Dark Fina, is the only character that interests me.

Congrats on the Zidane, though!

Thanks. :) Not sure to whom I would give a second dual wield to though. CoD has my first one.

chrono01

Thanks. :) Not sure to whom I would give a second dual wield to though. CoD has my first one.
No Chizuru? She's great for it!

Even still, not a bad thing to bank for in the future. I'm sure a unit will come along soon enough that will gladly make use of it. :)

Muku

No Chizuru? She's great for it!

Even still, not a bad thing to bank for in the future. I'm sure a unit will come along soon enough that will gladly make use of it. :)

Oh wait, I do. I forget she doesn't get it by herself like Luneth. XD Maybe that'll be my next one to work on after I get Refia Dual Cast. (20% or so into DC right now.)

EDarkness

Did a couple of pulls because I wanted another Zidane. No luck. Ended up with Elle, Firion, Tellah. Nothing special. Elle has a nice TMR.

Muku

Did a couple of pulls because I wanted another Zidane. No luck. Ended up with Elle, Firion, Tellah. Nothing special. Elle has a nice TMR.

I did one ticket pull because the Zidane was a nice touch. Quickest way to kill any enthusiasm? Cyan. I was thinking of possibly doing a few pulls. That killed that itch.

Kettch

Picked up Luka with my HP pull. Already have Refia, but eh, I'll take it. Wish I could trade in like 10 of these base 4*s that I have for a single Zidane though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daily Pull was Vivi...not the DualCast Black Magic Mage i was looking for lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom