• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

I've already lost 200 place in the ranking, too lazy to wake up before the reset since it's 1 AM here already.
I'll just do the best stage one last time before sleeping.

Syntsui

My current placing is 19k and I'm a little bit comfortable with it. I don't believe I'll fall behind 30k spots in less than 8 hours.

NomarTyme

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/lapis-news/prod/en/img/Christmas_banner_Raid_2.png
For the complete picture!

1 3x 10% Trust Moogle 8x Rare Summon Ticket 10,000x Lapis
2 2x 10% Trust Moogle 7x Rare Summon Ticket 8,000x Lapis
3 1x 10% Trust Moogle 6x Rare Summon Ticket 6,000x Lapis
4-10 1x 5% Trust Moogle 4x Rare Summon Ticket 4,000x Lapis
11-50 3x Rare Summon Ticket 3,000x Lapis
51-100 3x Rare Summon Ticket 2,500x Lapis
101-1,000 4x Rare Summon Ticket
1,001-10,000 3x Rare Summon Ticket
10,001-50,000 2x Rare Summon Ticket
50,001-100,000 1x Rare Summon Ticket
100,001-150,000 200x Lapis
150,001+ 100x Lapis

NomarTyme

I tried but I don't stand a chance. Is it worth to unlock the experience dungeon?
You don't have any gaffer's strong enough to do the 5 NRG? I find that hard to believe.

Remember you can open one for any of the vortex of desire for free. Is it worth? Yes if you want to kill energy really quick and don't have the time to do exploration.

EDarkness

Not the Dread Frost Returns one. The one below it. A solid friend unit should be able to solo it, meaning you get credit for it. Just take a 700+ ATK Noctis or Lightning.

To add to this, use Noctis' Fire Flash or Lightning's Heat Blitz to get rid of the presents in the first round. You should be able to do ADV with no trouble.

Valentus

I have a 645ish attk Chiz as my companion. Chijardin ok for this event? If not, I'll remove it

acording to altema, this was majin fina en ELT

58790831a581bb26ba135ef9989258ce1.png

I dont know if gumi will tweak something (maybe null to all ailments because with noctis this is just too easy, and probably will upgrade her HP to 2,5 - 3 million) so, its good using any weapon except dark.

NomarTyme

I thinking my team for Majin Fina. Giving Bartz my best gears seems to be a waste. I'm think I'm going with Dual Wield CoD and give Chizzy the double hand. My excalibur is collecting dust again.

Like crazyivan and kourkour said, start with wiki's unit rankings. They don't give you the entire picture but do generally highlight the best of each unit class you should want on your team. With that in mind, here's what you should generally be thinking about when focusing on which units to level beyond which units are 6* capable:

BUILD A TEAM GUIDE

1. DPS -- These are your primary damage units and have the highest ATK ratings. Long term the most important units you can have or get in the game. They just happen to be super super hard to get. So while you could build an entire team of these types and probably beat every event, you'll be lucky to get even one of them doing daily pulls every day for your entire time with the game.

Elite units: Luneth, Lightning, Noctis, Gilgamesh, Elza, Chizuru
2nd tier: Garland, Cloud of Darkness, Mercedes, Dark Knight Cecil, etc.

2. Mage -- These are your primary magic damage dealers and have the highest MAG ratings. They are absolutely vital to your team if you don't have an elite DPS and for building elemental chains. The good news is that they're somewhat easier to land.

Elite units: ExDeath, Dark Sexy Fina, Arc, Krile, Neckbeard Noel
2nd tier: Kefka, Kuja, Shantotto, etc.

3. Healers -- These are your primary recovery units and have the highest SPR. They are absolutely vital to every team, even if you have 4 other elite DPS units. You want units with cura, esuna, and raise at a minimum. The best unit(s) have curaja and full-life. These are easier to find but just remember you can't win just by healing yourself (there are as-of-yet unused arena strategies where that actually might work but that's for another day).

Elite units: Refia, Luka (new unit), Santa Roselia
2nd tier: Krile, Tilith, etc

4. Tanks -- These are your primary meat shields that draw attacks from the opponent and have the highest DEF. The best tanks have super high HP and function in some middling support role, like healing or buffing. Average tanks are a dime a dozen. Great tanks are rare.

Elite units: Cecil, White Night Noel, Snow
2nd tier: Charlotte, Amarant, etc.

5. Support -- These are your oddballs that fit a variety of roles, most typically 'buff' and 'debuff.' You can survive most of the story modes without these and probably do very well for yourself without them in the arena. That said a number of events absolutely require you to have them on hand. What you're looking for here are units that can lower the defenses of opponents (think 'full break'), opens opponents up to elemental attacks, deals out status effects, etc. On the buff side you're looking for units that can build your defenses, elemental resistances, etc. You'll note that the elite units in every other category have some of these functions. Elite support units typically lean toward the DPS side (Elza, Ramza), but some have some mage flavors (like Ingus).

Elite: Elza, Delita, Ramza, Agrias
2nd tier: Ingus, Farris, etc.

####

TLDR:
-- DPS + MAGE + HEALER + TANK + [OTHER] is the general makeup of most teams when we talk about 'what's your base team?'

-- Otherwise team structure and formation is entirely based on what you actually have. If you see something at the top of the wiki unit rankings, it's for a good reason and you can generally do well by leveling that unit.

-- Arena teams are a wildcard and you'll notice all mage teams, or all DPS teams that wouldn't necessarily do well in other settings.

Good luck! Hope this was helpful.

This is great even as someone who's been playing for most of the year. As a new parent this really is the only game I have the time to play, as I can play it at work, before work, etc. So lately, I've been getting into it a lot more.

Having said that, I didn't realize how many Elite tier units I have in most categories. Missing the best DPS besides Chizuru though, of course. Maybe I'll get lucky this year.

Looks like my Arc pull yesterday from the 1/2 off wasn't so bad after all, minus it being a 3*...

You don't have any gaffer's strong enough to do the 5 NRG? I find that hard to believe.

Remember you can open one for any of the vortex of desire for free. Is it worth? Yes if you want to kill energy really quick and don't have the time to do exploration.

I actually have no gaffer as friends, is there a list where to add them?
Also for exploration you mean the part where you can walk around and have casual encounters?

Valentus

I thinking my team for Majin Fina. Giving Bartz my best gears seems to be a waste. I'm think I'm going with Dual Wield CoD and give Chizzy the double hand. My excalibur is collecting dust again.

thinking more carefully... Majin fina is human... so a better damage output should be chaining voids...

i will change my F2P team to:

CoD
Cecil
Refia
Santa Roselia
Agrias
Friend CoD

Broseybrose

thinking more carefully... Majin fina is human... so a better damage output should be chaining voids...

CoD
Cecil
Refia
Santa Roselia
Agrias
Friend CoD

Already sharing my freshly Dual-Wielding CoD with maxed ATK pots, Thorned Mace and Rising Sun!

I just switched her esper to Diablos. 588 ATK.

edit- also why two healers? Are you not counting DC on Refia? Id run the same exact team with Bartz or Exdeath (or Chizuru if she wasnt still lvl 88) instead of Santa Roselia.

Alkez

Panther LOL that Xaio edit.

I actually don't mind TMs tbh. Because this is an NRG based game I constantly feel like I need to be using my nrg so that it's never full/not recharging. TM macros allow me to use my nrg to obtain powerful items, without actually having to do anything. Now obviously this isn't thanks to Gumi as macros were never their attention, but it is what it is. I'm fine with the current situation.

NomarTyme

CoD
Cecil
Refia
Santa Roselia
Agrias
Friend CoD
Call of void is a dark attack though. Does it affect the chaining process?
I actually have no gaffer as friends, is there a list where to add them?
Also for exploration you mean the part where you can walk around and have casual encounters?
Just post your friend ID number here. I'll try to find room for you lm sure other gaffer are willing to help you out.

Yeah exploration is pretty much that.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I totally understand where you're coming from, but the community doesn't have to do that stuff if they don't want to. It should be another option for those who do. You can grind out TMRs or you can go after crafted gear and materials. Maybe TMRs are better, but there would still be something to do for those who don't want to TMR grind, but want to gear out their crew. I try to keep my group well equipped (or as equipped as I can), but I have one Enhancer, one Thorned Mace, one Force Armor, etc. Yet, lots of characters that need to be geared up. I have no idea how to gear up Noctis since I gave the Enhancer to Lightning. I ended up giving him the katana I got from one of the trials. Just like in WoW, I would be more than happy to grind out some mats to make another 62 ATK sword or 42 DEF armor. We're not talking about things that break the game. But who wants to give their characters crappy Buster Swords? There should be something better than that we could at least craft.

I mean,

Lyrian

Top 50k get 3 tickets, then top 150k it's 2 iirc.
I'm saying I hope people won't refill just for another ticket that would bump me down to <50k
At worst I'm going to get up one hour before reset.

Relevant tiers:

Top 10k = 3 tickets
Top 50k = 2 tickets
Top 100k = 1 ticket

Anyone know or close to it what points is 10k ranking is at?

Right now, I'm at 20166 points, at just over 9k place. Given that there are still ~8 hours left, pretty sure that's not going to hold without more runs.

/sigh

Stopped the TM farm to let energy regen for more ELT runs before going to bed.

tuffymon

Feel good about doing nothing but ELT while out of town on this event. I finally got back late Monday and have only done 3 runs a day for the daily and I'm solidified in my 1-10k bracket (30351p - 2070r).

Valentus

Already sharing my freshly Dual-Wielding CoD with maxed ATK pots, Thorned Mace and Rising Sun!

I just switched her esper to Diablos. 588 ATK.

edit- also why two healers? Are you not counting DC on Refia? Id run the same exact team with Bartz or Exdeath (or Chizuru if she wasnt still lvl 88) instead of Santa Roselia.

Santa Roselia is a great second healer. Also she has counter cura (40%) and majin fina does a lot of AoE, so theres a chance that she can heal for free the party.

But the main reason is because she has auto lb and entrust, so as long as i heal, i can also entrust to cecil and do his lvl 25 lb for that sweet +74% ATK/DEF/SPR

Call of void is a dark attack though. Does it affect the chaining process?

Just post your friend ID number here. I'll try to find room for you lm sure other gaffer are willing to help you out.

Yeah exploration is pretty much that.

You are absolutely right... so double barrage it is then!

Broseybrose

Santa Roselia is a great second healer. Also she has counter cura (40%) and majin fina does a lot of AoE, so theres a chance that she can heal for free the party.

But the main reason is because she has auto lb and entrust, so as long as i heal, i can also entrust to cecil and do his lvl 25 lb for that sweet +74% ATK/DEF/SPR

You are absolutely right... so double barrage it is then!

Yeah Barrage should be better than void and Exdeath should be good because of his light magic attack.

I never realized the synergy Santa Roselia provided. Nice team.

I'm surprised at all of you that kept doing the event after hitting 12k other than daily stuff.....seems like a lot of wasted NRG for a single ticket.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Oo I might get a chance to use my Rising Sun which went into storage the moment I popped it. Not that I'm complaining about Noctis.

Lyrian

I totally understand where you're coming from, but the community doesn't have to do that stuff if they don't want to. It should be another option for those who do. You can grind out TMRs or you can go after crafted gear and materials. Maybe TMRs are better, but there would still be something to do for those who don't want to TMR grind, but want to gear out their crew. I try to keep my group well equipped (or as equipped as I can), but I have one Enhancer, one Thorned Mace, one Force Armor, etc. Yet, lots of characters that need to be geared up. I have no idea how to gear up Noctis since I gave the Enhancer to Lightning. I ended up giving him the katana I got from one of the trials. Just like in WoW, I would be more than happy to grind out some mats to make another 62 ATK sword or 42 DEF armor. We're not talking about things that break the game. But who wants to give their characters crappy Buster Swords? There should be something better than that we could at least craft.

Generally speaking:
Low --> High (in terms of power)

Vendor bought items (with gil) --> Crafted items (normal) --> Event items --> Crafted items (special) --> Star Quartz items --> Trust Master Rewards

Also, the devs have been very strict on the number of items in that progression tier that are Event items or higher. Most items are either uniques or maybe 2 were allowed at most with significant grind in the early days of the game if made via crafting recipe.

I will say that this hurts new accounts a bit, as it does take time to rack up enough event rewards to really gear out a team or two. But, after a few events, most accounts should be rolling in enough event gear to clear out PRO difficulty consistently. I'm pretty much drowning in event gear at this point and most it sits on the sidelines nowadays (and that's without any TM gear/accessories).

Even with a strong GAF friend my team gets decimated trying ELT frosty. I really wanted to beat that at least once before it ended. Oh well

Kouriozan

I'm gonna miss the Hidden Treasures daily vortex, we need our next King Mog event soon, my Ramza is still level 50/100, and I have to train Agrias/keep some Gigantuars for Firion afterward.

I'm gonna miss the Hidden Treasures daily vortex, we need our next King Mog event soon, my Ramza is still level 50/100, and I have to train Agrias/keep some Gigantuars for Firion afterward.
Same I love getting 3 guaranteed gigantars and king Gil's along with the esper materials.

I assume the Gallean Tins or whatever are just vendor trash?

I tried but I don't stand a chance. Is it worth to unlock the experience dungeon?
Doing the ADV level with just one unit (allowed to bring a friend unit too) will get that one unit nice xp and is a solid way to level them if there isn't a Cactuar Dune event going on. I prefer this over exploration farming, ain't nobody got time for that! If you unit is low lvl, having a strong friend unit will carry you through, they can easily solo it and your unit gets full xp even if they are dead when the match ends. Better yet, the friend unit doesn't take any of the xp away from you so that single unit gets ALL of it which is the reason you don't want to bring more units. Although two units isn't bad. Unfortunately even if a unit is at max level, they still take their share of the xp (split evenly among all units) so that's why you just want one or two that you care about most at the moment.

Me too! When does it go away? It's my way of semi farming magicite without dedicating time to it ;p guaranteed 3 Gigantuars is really nice, of course. I'll definitely make use of that with Chorizo if the game could just bring me one single Calamity Gem already. Daily bundle probably going to do another Megacryst tomorrow :(

Lyrian

I'm surprised at all of you that kept doing the event after hitting 12k other than daily stuff.....seems like a lot of wasted NRG for a single ticket.

It was something to do when maxed out on energy and away from the computer for macroing purposes (I tend to not let the computer sit unattended macroing, as I do get actual urges to play the game from time to time... who knew?).

Still, falling out of rewards at 1.7x the max prize tier is outright stupid.

Lyrian

wait i'm confused about the arena reset -- haven't they always been on Thursday evenings? This says tomorrow at midnight.

Doing the ELT level with just one unit (allowed to bring a friend unit too) will get that one unit nice xp and is a solid way to level them if there isn't a Cactuar Dune event going on. I prefer this over exploration farming, ain't nobody got time for that! If you unit is low lvl, having a strong friend unit will carry you through, they can easily solo it and your unit gets full xp even if they are dead when the match ends. Better yet, the friend unit doesn't take any of the xp away from you so that single unit gets ALL of it which is the reason you don't want to bring more units. Although two units isn't bad. Unfortunately even if a unit is at max level, they still take their share of the xp (split evenly among all units) so that's why you just want one or two that you care about most at the moment.

Me too! When does it go away? It's my way of semi farming magicite without dedicating time to it ;p guaranteed 3 Gigantuars is really nice, of course. I'll definitely make use of that with Chorizo if the game could just bring me one single Calamity Gem already. Daily bundle probably going to do another Megacryst tomorrow :(

There is an ELT XP vortex????? Kindly point out to me where that is, because I am blind?

Today is the last day of the Hidden Treasures vault. It was a Christmas event thing.

Arena rankings for each week for Global now end at end-of-day Thursday PST. (Edit: Ummm... it says Friday on this week's rankings????? Typo?)

There is an ELT XP vortex????? Kindly point out to me where that is, because I am blind?

Today is the last day of the Hidden Treasures vault. It was a Christmas event thing.

Arena rankings for each week for Global now end at end-of-day Thursday PST. (Edit: Ummm... it says Friday on this week's rankings????? Typo?)

lol my bad, fixed it in my post, thanks.

Noooooooooooooo good night, sweet vault! I shall miss thee!

Aww crap, Arena resets on Thursdays? That sucks, I could easily have made it in the 30k range if I had until the weekend, started too late. Good to know for the future. How does the monthly work? That's what I really care about, I want that moogle!

Lyrian

Aww crap, Arena resets on Thursdays? That sucks, I could easily have made it in the 30k range if I had until the weekend, started too late. Good to know for the future. How does the monthly work? That's what I really care about, I want that moogle!

Well, historically, arena weeks ended on Thursday. This week apparently ends on Friday. Gumi could be moving the arena end day of the week, or this could be a one-time event.

Arena monthlies so far have ended on the last day of each month, regardless of when the arena week ends. This caught many players off guard in November, but everyone seemed to be on the ball about December's month closing on a Saturday.

Just bothered doing a vortex trial and got Enhancer. Nice little weapon. Now my Chizuru and Firion both have proper swords. If I could just get the mats I need to awaken 6* Chiz

Well, historically, arena weeks ended on Thursday. This week apparently ends on Friday. Gumi could be moving the arena end day of the week, or this could be a one-time event.

Arena monthlies so far have ended on the last day of each month, regardless of when the arena week ends. This caught many players off guard in November, but everyone seemed to be on the ball about December's month closing on a Saturday.

Ok, that's how I was hoping it worked rather than some kind of average across them given I probably won't hit the 30k point this week. I probably could if I didn't TM farm on my computer and stepped outside through out the day at work but I want to say the rewards for this weekly aren't worth doing that ha I'll be able to start at the beginning of the 'new week' this time around so should be easy. Thanks for the explanation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom