• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens

So what do you guys think.. is it worth allocating all NRG to the event during the entire duration if I don't have any event units? I probably won't use any friend ones either, since I need them to carry for now. I'll be running PRO so I can consistently beat it, which means I'll be getting around 130 per run.

I only have one 6* so my plan is to try to get all summon tickets, then see how much awakening mats, magicite and cactuars I can get. I just won't bother if 130 per run is so low that my NRG would be better spent elsewhere.

Quonny

So what do you guys think.. is it worth allocating all NRG to the event during the entire duration if I don't have any event units? I probably won't use any friend ones either, since I need them to carry for now. I'll be running PRO so I can consistently beat it, which means I'll be getting around 130 per run.

I only have one 6* so my plan is to try to get all summon tickets, then see how much awakening mats, magicite and cactuars I can get. I just won't bother if 130 per run is so low that my NRG would be better spent elsewhere.

As a fellow new player, I plan to grind this event with all my energy. It gives decent rank XP, decent unit XP compared to non-explorations, and you get phantasm which is even more XP and other useful items.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- new arena rules are dumb and pointless. Basically bring your heaviest hitters and hope for 1st turn. Would be funny to bring an all-Cecil/WKN team to piss people off this week though. :)

-- KC is going to be buried in ice this weekend. Wish us luck!

-- gotta admit I did not expect to one-shot Vajra ELT. 1200ish phantoma, 4600 after beating each level once. Guessing this grind is going to suck without bonus units, but I REALLY don't want to bother with this banner at all.

-- that said I'm going to grind the fuck out of this event. I want all the awakening mats, then I can max out Chiz with the gigantuars, I can probably finish off all my espers with the megacites, and then get the tickets and the materia and the moogles. Think I'll skip the kinda weakass equip though.

mstevens

As a fellow new player, I plan to grind this event with all my energy. It gives decent rank XP, decent unit XP compared to non-explorations, and you get phantasm which is even more XP and other useful items.

Yeah, but keep in mind you pulled the event characters tho so your rate of phantasm will be higher.

Which I could do, but I'm trying to save pulls (I hear troll rainbows are going away soon in global according to Reddit, and I don't have any interest in type 0).

Edit: hmm adv with a bonus friend gets me 160. That might be the move. I guess I could pull for just a couple bonus units and thunder flask my way through.

Zalasta

Decided to spent some tickets: Agrias, Clyne, Shantotto, Faris and 2x Jack. Crappy haul, but at least I have a couple of bonus units now,

Quonny

Yeah, but keep in mind you pulled the event characters tho so your rate of phantasm will be higher.

Which I could do, but I'm trying to save pulls (I hear troll rainbows are going away soon in global according to Reddit, and I don't have any interest in type 0).

See, I'm of a different mindset, since you and I both rerolled good teams from the get go.

The chance of getting these super good, 5* plus units is astronomically poor. Even after potential changes, getting a unit that is better than our parties is so low that it isn't worth the mental anguish. So I'm pulling daily and only keeping a store of 5 tickets for some exclusive or a 4* that is good, like Luka. At least those I feel like I have a chance of getting.

But that's my mentality. You do you, fwiend.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Max leveled Seven - blame Valentus if she sucks, no OP TMs or anything on her but if you run a mage or Elemetal attacks she should be useful.

Teaming up w. Rixas Ace now.

Lyrian

Did some pulls to accerate this event and get it over with...

A bunch of Jacks...
A bunch of Treys...

Blue --> GOLD --> Refia? Whaaaa? Meh.
Blue --> Roselia (NEW!) Cool, another white whale checked off the list.
GOLD --> Seven (Yes!)

GOLD --> RAINBOW --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> Hope --> Hope??? --> Hope!! -->> FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

But, today, just this once, Gumi, I forgive you for that epic troll as a one time event.

Because...

Blue --> GOLD --> GARNET

6,778 units acquired and 197 days played to finally pull Garnet. About damn time. Rydia is tired of being lonely. Also, my inventory space thanks her for clearing out all those LB pots :)

All in all, I have everything I want out of this banner (and then some) and then some for the low, low cost of only 100 lapis (after today's dailies, and zero after collecting the easy mission rewards from the FF Zero event).

I'm okay with this!

Valentus

You win 300 rank and 20.000 exp

A single Noctis can clear ELT So yeah, its very good grind this Event for los ranks

Niahak

Haven't seen a doublicorn yet, but at least ELT is easier than Hanging Edge was.

Getting Ace on my summon makes me wish it was Ace from Suikoden III... I would definitely consider dropping money on a Suikoden Exvius-equivalent, and the series has a cast plenty big for a gacha. Probably better for my wallet that it doesn't exist though.

I suppose I should play Type-0 at some point, but I'm still not on the FFXV train yet. Downloaded the demo but haven't played it.

Lyrian

Per Reddit: Link

Taiwan dev stream has the global producer on record stating that the removal of troll crystals is coming "soon" (tm).

Process that as you will.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- JUST WOKE CHIZURULOVE TO 6 STARRRRZ. Been waiting for freaking weeks. Next LEVEL here I come.

-- 200 phantoma per ELT clear w/ no bonus units is going to make this pretty tough. Think I'll use 5-10 tickets and see if I can pull a couple to take with my Noctis.

eggydoo

Need some advice on who to 6 star next.

Currently have Dark Fina, Chorizo, and Snow prepped. Only other 6 star capable characters I have is Bartz and Mercedes.

My current 6 star team is Noctis, CoD and Exdeath. My only tank is a Charlotte and WoL. My healer is Lilith or Lenna. I am still leaning towards Chorizo, but just wanted to make sure if anyone would be more useful.

I don't really have any TMs besides omnirod. I'm almost done with my first DW though.

Lyrian

Haven't seen a doublicorn yet, but at least ELT is easier than Hanging Edge was.

Clearing the event for the first time and just had the doublicorn surprise me on the first run of PRO without my damage units in play. I knew about the trick to beating it, and still, Elza (without any TM gear) two-rounded it pretty much solo. Surprised how weak it was after you can debuff it to hell and back (as long as you don't score any damage on it) before making your assault on it.

Valentus

Need some advice on who to 6 star next.

Currently have Dark Fina, Chorizo, and Snow prepped. Only other 6 star capable characters I have is Bartz and Mercedes.

My current 6 star team is Noctis, CoD and Exdeath. My only tank is a Charlotte and WoL. My healer is Lilith or Lenna. I am still leaning towards Chorizo, but just wanted to make sure if anyone would be more useful.

I don't really have any TMs besides omnirod. I'm almost done with my first DW though.

Majin fina
Exdeath
Noctis
Warrior of light
Cloud of darkness

Lets chain those thundagas and lightning flask

robotuw

Con...grats? to those getting rainbow Ace's this morning. A daily and a ticket did not get me anything noteworthy.

Just got my last reasonable trophy for a while I think. I only have ten left and they all are pretty painful. At least I can grind the item use one with a macro.

Heads up, I'm going camping this weekend. I'll probably check in occasionally if I have cell reception, but if not don't kick me off! I'll only be gone a few days.

Per Reddit: Link

Taiwan dev stream has the global producer on record stating that the removal of troll crystals is coming "soon" (tm).

Process that as you will.

I think all the fake news crap is getting to me but I kinda just don't believe them.

Shouta

It is done. +2 on Power Charge and Hero of the Mana Sword. With just 1 weapon and 1 40%, 2x 30%, and a 20% attack materia, Randy looks like this.

j2Ezur8.jpg

If I do DW, he looks like this (Dual Wield, Great Sword mastery, 2x 40% Attack materia).

Gonna stick with DW until I can get myself more Doublehand materials. =o

Lyrian

I think all the fake news crap is getting to me but I kinda just don't believe them.

Hard to say. The fact that the producer dodged a specific date means that the change is still probably a decent length of time away. Per the Update Schedule from JP, Global is still around 4 months away from this.

Still, Global got the 3* normalization much faster than JP, so there is some merit to his comments that change is under consideration. Especially, if they are taking huge flak from their Global paying customers over this.

Yet, I can all but 100% guarantee that if the change is coming sooner than it was implemented in JP, it will **absolutely** be after the Orlandu banner. This is no way in hell that Gumi doesn't milk that for everything it is worth before finally conceding on troll crystals.

Lyrian

It is done. +2 on Power Charge and Hero of the Mana Sword. With just 1 weapon and 1 40%, 2x 30%, and a 20% attack materia, Randy looks like this.

If I do DW, he looks like this (Dual Wield, Great Sword mastery, 2x 40% Attack materia).

Gonna stick with DW until I can get myself more Doublehand materials. =o

That's mighty impressive, Shouta. ~1100 ATK is no joke.

Alkez

Asking again because I didn't get an answer.

Is the event sword with HP+10% worth it for Cecil?

I didn't even realise there was a sword lol. I don't think it's a priority but if you have time I would say it's worth getting for Cecil, seeing as there aren't many defensive weapons for him.

It will take a while to get everything in this event, I hope more of you pull on the second week chasing that sweet easy 20% ATK.

That's assuming we get Type Zero 2 next week.

So they removed megacite drops from the battle and put it in King Mog's list, seem a bit unfair (or baiting people to summon)

I'm close to being baited tbh lol. There's a lot of stuff I would like and this is ridiculous without units.

But, today, just this once, Gumi, I forgive you for that epic troll as a one time event.

Because...

Blue --> GOLD --> GARNET

About time haha.

Alkez

So what seems to be the average Doublicorn rate? I've been busy this morning so I ran everything once and then just TM farmed. Is it worth me even bothering with this event this week?

Lyrian

I didn't even realise there was a sword lol. I don't think it's a priority but if you have time I would say it's worth getting for Cecil, seeing as there aren't many defensive weapons for him.

That's assuming we get Type Zero 2 next week.

I'm close to being baited tbh lol. There's a lot of stuff I would like and this is ridiculous without units.

About time haha.

I very seriously doubt FFZ Collab 2 units will be next week. That makes no sense, if the goal is to get people to pull for this week's units.

I'll have to double check Mog King for that sword, as I must have missed it the first time.

So what seems to be the average Doublicorn rate? I've been busy this morning so I ran everything once and then just TM farmed. Is it worth me even bothering with this event this week?

Too soon to tell, but I doubt it's very high. Probably in the 5 to 10% range. Might be closer to 10, as the award for beating it was reduced by two-thirds from JP.

As such, it "feels" like the FF13 event in scope. It's going to be really hard to get many of the usual prizes without bonus units and multiplying the reward from the Doublicorn.

Shouta

Oh man.. I started playing since JP launch and I only have 4 base 5*, and you got 3 of those that I reeeaally wanted and dumped a bunch of tickets to get. (Tidus, Orlandu and Prische) So much envy!

Tidus was a free ticket but Orlandu and Prishe were when I spent some money to get Lapis. If I had gotten them without it, I would have been even happier, lol.

I just looked her up. Why does she have every move?? This game is getting a bit too nuts for my liking.

Don't know why she got everything but at least she's in the gatcha regularly unlike Tilith, lol. It was kind of time to get a very powerful healer though. Everyone's been coasting on Refia, Rem, or Y'shtola and the bosses are getting too nuts for even them.

That's mighty impressive, Shouta. ~1100 ATK is no joke.

I just need to get actual Doublehand Materia to get him up past 1200 or more probably. I'm only using flat attack boosts to get to 1100 and that's not great enough of a difference compared to Dual-Wield to be worth it yet.

If you aren't pulling currency rate up units for the event, it's not really worth doing the event aside from getting tickets and the weapons. Even with the high currency monster, it's a pretty bad grind. With units, it becomes more worth it and you can get as much as possible because the amount of currency is just way more. This was the same for JP too.

I will be halting TM farming probably the entire event to focus on it. So far up to 23 runs and still haven't seen the D.Horn so the rate isn't great. Gonna get equipment...cheaper moogle...cheap 6* mats....cactuars...SQs....Tix and Megacite.

Alkez

Don't know why she got everything but at least she's in the gatcha regularly unlike Tilith, lol. It was kind of time to get a very powerful healer though. Everyone's been coasting on Refia, Rem, or Y'shtola and the bosses are getting too nuts for even them.

If we count this as year 2 of the game (in JP since the anniversary) it seems like there's been a massive jump up in what units can do from what I'm seeing. Every unit seems to have a ton of abilities, or skills that say "when you use this you get access to x, y, and z". It just makes me wonder where the game is really heading.

Shouta

I will be halting TM farming probably the entire event to focus on it. So far up to 23 runs and still haven't seen the D.Horn so the rate isn't great. Gonna get equipment...cheaper moogle...cheap 6* mats....cactuars...SQs....Tix and Megacite.

When the Horn comes, you'll get a ton if you're running units, lol.

Personal opinion on events but they're basically in conflict with what a lot of GL players are doing by hoarding until specific units show up. The game's power creep is designed so that you climb with it by doing events, getting gear, getting units as you play. So it's in the best interest of the player to participate to keep up. You'll have a lot more options down the line by being active on that front.

If we count this as year 2 of the game (in JP since the anniversary) it seems like there's been a massive jump up in what units can do from what I'm seeing. Every unit seems to have a ton of abilities, or skills that say "when you use this you get access to x, y, and z". It just makes me wonder where the game is really heading.

Power creep was happening through the first year already. The units got more abilities and could do more things. When Tidus hit, he was nuts (and still is) because he could do so many things and still be a damage dealer. It's very likely Ayaka was the dev team's response to Tilith being the top of the chain healer but being unable to everyone. It's very unlikely there will be a unit that tops Ayaka for a long time probably.

11 tix = 2 Jacks and 3 Treys :(

But Jack, Trey, CoD, Exdeath, and Arc (w friend Noctis) can clear ELT in one shot.

2 Jacks and 3 Treys ain't too bad for just 11 tickets. More than enough to farm the good stuff from this event unless your luck is really bad, lol

CCIE

Banned
Congrats on the Garnet Lyrian!!! You know, I still haven't pulled a Rydia to pair with my Garnet yet. How is that for irony. Chase that summoning trophy!

Rainbow Hope is BS though. I haven't even pulled a Rainbow since my reroll, so I would be pissed

Broseybrose

Under 3K in arena for first time ever! Never tried before. Didnt try this time. I just happened to not miss any orbs due to sleep/absence and didnt lose.

Im usually 15-30k by the end of the cycle. Maybe everyone's taking a break from arena since they all went all in for ATK pots this past week?

Skii

Guys where do I find Pearls of Wisdom and Beast meat? I need to awaken my bartz and Kefka. Will I find them easily in the chamber of awakening?

Pejo

Man, I can't stop running in to the Doublecorns. I've only beat them once because I was just leaving my team on Auto while I'm at work.

Bastards.

I took elemental weapons off of my Noct and gave him Machine Killer for this event, I figure I'll leave him as my friend unit for now, until I get Seven powered up a bit.

Already got all the gigantaurs, not too bad. 2 DCorns in.....7/8 runs or so? Probably mostly luck.

DW at 95%. Should be able to knock it out by tomorrow hopefully. Then Noct w/ get a boooost

Lyrian

Congrats on the Garnet Lyrian!!! You know, I still haven't pulled a Rydia to pair with my Garnet yet. How is that for irony. Chase that summoning trophy!

Rainbow Hope is BS though. I haven't even pulled a Rainbow since my reroll, so I would be pissed

Never saw a reformed rainbow crystal before today. Totally, caught me by surprise. If I hadn't pulled Garnet finally today, I would still have been pissed off (especially after that dev video about the end of troll crystals "soon"). Karma balanced out, I suppose.

Under 3K in arena for first time ever! Never tried before. Didnt try this time. I just happened to not miss any orbs due to sleep/absence and didnt lose.

Im usually 15-30k by the end of the cycle. Maybe everyone's taking a break from arena since they all went all in for ATK pots this past week?

For last week? That would be amazing, as last week was extremely competitive because of ATK pots being offered.

This week sucks because white magic is banned.

Has anyone checked to see if Luka's healing ability is not banned (because it is not a spell)? I slacked off last week because of TM farming and my Luka is still underleveled :/

Alkez

Personal opinion on events but they're basically in conflict with what a lot of GL players are doing by hoarding until specific units show up. The game's power creep is designed so that you climb with it by doing events, getting gear, getting units as you play. So it's in the best interest of the player to participate to keep up. You'll have a lot more options down the line by being active on that front.

Power creep was happening through the first year already. The units got more abilities and could do more things. When Tidus hit, he was nuts (and still is) because he could do so many things and still be a damage dealer. It's very likely Ayaka was the dev team's response to Tilith being the top of the chain healer but being unable to everyone. It's very unlikely there will be a unit that tops Ayaka for a long time probably.

So before I read your response to Hippo this is what I had written:

I guess the way forward will be to save lapis for those pivotal units that also have some longevity to them. After Eileen (I'm still not really sure how I feel about her enhancements - your thoughts would be appreciated if you have the time) I'll probably just save for Ayaka and Noctis or Lorraine who will, as you say, be very strong in their respective roles for some time.

After reading your response to Hippo:

I'm unsure what the best option is. I mean to do what you're saying I think I would need to be paying on a somewhat regular basis. I understand this is a gacha game, and I wouldn't say I'm f2p but I really can't afford to be paying regularly. I guess I'll go after whatever I can in this event and capitalise on the mog events with banners I plan to pull on.

Love using the Ruby Light/thundaga combo on ELT boss, boss gets melted.

I gave my Trey a Siren for attack song so he isn't completely useless.

Broseybrose

For last week? That would be amazing, as last week was extremely competitive because of ATK pots being offered.

This week sucks because white magic is banned.

Has anyone checked to see if Luka's healing ability is not banned (because it is not a spell)? I slacked off last week because of TM farming and my Luka is still underleveled :/

No No, right now. For this week. Sorry to mislead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom