• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

I have some ideas of a great Seven, bit first i need to draw her lol.

She is a good unit. Even your units with chijirijaden Will deal much more damage thanks to Seven.

Shouta

If you have a Fire, Ice, or Lightning weapon on your melee units, Seven will increase your damage.She's not just a mage support character though she has more things for them.

You just can't use her on enemies that have resistance against those elements.

Alkez

I have some ideas of a great Seven, bit first i need to draw her lol.

She is a good unit. Even your units with chijirijaden Will deal much more damage thanks to Seven.

Hmm, that's a good point actually. For someone like me who's best katana is chijirijaden that would be useful. I could dual wield her with Vernard and Shining Splendor. You think her materia would be worth it? If I didn't get it I would be using an attack + 10% instead.

CCIE

Banned
I'm running with Seven, just because she is a new unit to play with. And this game seems to want for me to run a mage-heavy team. Even my 5* DPS unit works well with mages. And I have twelve Shantotto's to farm - figured I'd probably do them in pairs or threes

And I am totally getting her Materia. 50% chance of paralysis with a 2.X modifier is nothing to sneeze at
At 6* her LB is 100% paralyze

chrono01

Man, busy day (with the Nintendo Switch and all that). Anyway, time to reply to a few posts in here.
Ok... wtf. Decided to do a daily pull just for the hell of it. This is my second rainbow daily pull. The first was a Noctis.
Congrats on your second 5* base!

As I said earlier in this thread, Iam not saving tickets and all the tix I buy from King Mog will be used here...

Well made 1.3k Phantasma. Bought 2 tix, used one. "Finally" got the event unit :D.

Screenshot_20170113-112929.png

I didn't expect this. Not complaining at all. Will put it as leader and try to level it asap.
Not bad man, congrats!

I know Ace might get a lot of criticism, but he does look to be a fun unit to play with and he's definitely a nice way to get that event bonus!

Did some pulls to accerate this event and get it over with...

A bunch of Jacks...
A bunch of Treys...

Blue --> GOLD --> Refia? Whaaaa? Meh.
Blue --> Roselia (NEW!) Cool, another white whale checked off the list.
GOLD --> Seven (Yes!)

GOLD --> RAINBOW --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> HYPE --> Hope --> Hope??? --> Hope!! -->> FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

But, today, just this once, Gumi, I forgive you for that epic troll as a one time event.

Because...

Blue --> GOLD --> GARNET

6,778 units acquired and 197 days played to finally pull Garnet. About damn time. Rydia is tired of being lonely. Also, my inventory space thanks her for clearing out all those LB pots :)

All in all, I have everything I want out of this banner (and then some) and then some for the low, low cost of only 100 lapis (after today's dailies, and zero after collecting the easy mission rewards from the FF Zero event).

I'm okay with this!
That troll Hope, though. It's almost poetic.

(Congrats on the Garnet, though!)

The only ace y have in my friend lista is rixa's.

Summoning must be Dead dry It seems lmao
I used a few tickets, as well as my daily pull, no event character myself. I guess it'll be slow going for me. :/

I don't need any of these characters, I just wanted one to make the event grind less painful. Hopefully I get one soon, otherwise it won't be worth pulling trying for one.

CCIE

Banned
Chrono, no base 5* yet? We're all praying for you.

This banner is two weeks long??? Wow, so it is still a bit until we see Rem, Cinque, King, etc...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hey everyone, DRUMROLLL PLEASSEEEE
Unit-Bedile-4.png
[It wouldn't be GAF if I didn't troll you with a Bedile!]

But seriously ...

HERE IS THE EXVIUS GAF PLAYBOOK:: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zHYI3IyPPbO-Y-TTCbhebLdnHmv4Hs9P_skVOehyGlc/edit#gid=0

Notes
-- It's currently in an open-edit state. Honestly not sure how long we can keep it that way. I do have a backup saved. Thanks to Valentus for the TrashGuide, and eventually the TM Guide (I think).

-- I haven't imported the friends list yet, so you all can add yourselves manually.

-- The Getting Started Guide should be a pretty solid guide for a new F2P user's first 6-8 weeks.

-- The Build a Team Guide is built on the assumption that new users may not be immersed in the standard DPS-Mage-Healer-Tank-Other model of fantasy gaming. Otherwise it is fairly general. The elite/2nd tier units is painting in broad strokes and generally accurate.

-- The TrashGuide is by Valentus and is amazing and comes with DEEP knowledge of the game. Advice is to pay strong attention to the color key before trashing anything.

-- TM Guide: work in progress

-- Meta Game Checklist: work in progress (not sure if actually needed?)

-- ExviusGAF Challenges: will be working with Alkez and others who want to participate in exactly how we do this. It's a fun-only project for the vets around here so we can take our time with it.

chrono01

This banner is two weeks long??? Wow, so it is still a bit until we see Rem, Cinque, King, etc...
Not yet. :(

I'm probably going to go all out when Orlandu hits (3x multi-pulls, and whatever tickets I have). If I still don't get anything, between that and my daily pulls until then, well...I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. :/

Thanks for the support, from both you and the other GAF members. It means a lot!

mstevens

Okay after whiffing on my daily pull I decided to try to limit myself to 3 ticket pulls to see if I could get an event character to grind the event more efficiently.

I got Trey and I also got 4* Snow. I don't have a tank yet, so I assume replace Zidane to make it Noctis-Agrias-Exdeath-Snow-Rosa?

Edit: how rare is Luka on the other banner? I might throw some tickets that way.

Yeah but I dont think I have anyone on my team that does offensive magic? Is that a required slot on your team? I spent all my SPR on WOL but I'll use the next ones I get on Refia lol.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's required since the meta is Physical DPS but top notch mages like ExDeath and Dark Fina are great to have because the latest techniques against tougher content and even in arena are centered around elemental chaining so a mage that has access to the different elements is great there. I'd just hold on to the magic pots going forward. ExDeath is a base 3* so you very well could get him one day. It's ok if you spent the SPR on WoL, it's not wasted there at all, just a higher priority for Refia since it boosts her healing and she's more squishy than the tank so particularly good for her. WoL would be who to dump it on next so again, not wasted there.
You guys rock with all the tips, thanks so much. I think for now I'm just gonna play it by ear and post summons here and other stuff to see what you all say.

Apeaking of which, I just used 3 tickets and got these peeps...

http://m.imgur.com/O5giyrE,JEej6a3,YW6XJx4

Any of them worth anything? Trying to hold onto these tickets for a XV banner.

Hey there, one more thing I forgot in my long ass post to you about pulling on banners, the half off pull you get each day goes off of the latest feature banner. So while you'll still be able to pull on the previous feature banner for an extra week with increased odds on those units, the half off (which we refer to as daily pull here) won't go towards it.

I would honestly re-roll. Once upon a time Vaan was great but as someone else noted, Rain who you already have is about to get his 6* and he'll be a better version of what Vaan can do. The other two are trash units though Luna's TM used to be worthwhile. Nowadays the best physical DPS units either already have Barrage inherently or have a skill that's even better. If your other pulls were good, I'd hold on to her until your unit slots were maxed but considering what all you got, I'd re-roll for sure if you're up to it.

I wouldn't worry about the FFXV banner, it hasn't even hit Japan yet so it's going to be a long time before we get it. You're better off saving for units we know are coming soon-ish. In your case though since you're just starting, you should be pulling until you have a decent enough team to handle story missions and a little other content. You will slowly build your team up or possibly quickly if a good banner comes along and you can always add OP GAF members as friends. One OP gaffer can literally carry you through most content no matter how weak the rest of the team is haha You can't bring a friend with for Colosseum though (unlocked by progressing the story a little) so you need to have a decent team to clear this mode and it's really worth doing as soon as you can because it gives solid equipment you can't buy in the shops in story mode.

-- JUST WOKE CHIZURULOVE TO 6 STARRRRZ. Been waiting for freaking weeks. Next LEVEL here I come.

-- 200 phantoma per ELT clear w/ no bonus units is going to make this pretty tough. Think I'll use 5-10 tickets and see if I can pull a couple to take with my Noctis.

I know the feeling, I finally just maxed her out, 6*, today. It feels good. Same with Exdeath.

Now I just wish I could actually pull a good banner unit during one of these events...

I have 10K lapis I really want to use, but I'm waiting it out!

Alkez

Don't feel sorry for him! If type zero part 2 is not next it's most likely going to be the Orlandu banner. And if that's the case then we're going to be here Orlandu-less while Chrono enjoys the 3 Orlandus he's going to pull. No CCIE, pray for us my friend.

As I've said many times Chrono, it's our time. Noctis wasn't for us sadly, but I got my Ramza, so I'm going to congratulate now on the 4 Orlandus you pulled. Please don't delete me from your FL when the requests start flooding in.

ExviusGAF Challenges: will be working with Alkez and others who want to participate in exactly how we do this. It's a fun-only project for the vets around here so we can take our time with it.

Ah sorry Panther I've been slacking a bit, just been unexpectedly busy irl this week. I'm on mobile atm but when I'm back on my PC I'll update it with what I have.

chrono01

Don't feel sorry for him! If type zero part 2 is not next it's most likely going to be the Orlandu banner. And if that's the case then we're going to be here Orlandu-less while Chrono enjoys the 3 Orlandus he's going to pull. No CCIE, pray for us my friend.

As I've said many times Chrono, it's our time. Noctis wasn't for us sadly, but I got my Ramza, so I'm going to congratulate now on the 4 Orlandus you pulled. Please don't delete me from your FL when the requests start flooding in.
I would never do such a thing! No, all you fine GAF people get priority on the Friend List.

Actually, I'm pretty sure everyone on my Friend List is from GAF. We are many.

Okay after whiffing on my daily pull I decided to try to limit myself to 3 ticket pulls to see if I could get an event character to grind the event more efficiently.

I got Trey and I also got 4* Snow. I don't have a tank yet, so I assume replace Zidane to make it Noctis-Agrias-Exdeath-Snow-Rosa?

Edit: how rare is Luka on the other banner? I might throw some tickets that way.

Nice, a solid tank is a real nice upgrade from Zidane. If you get WoL or Cecil down the road you can replace Snow but otherwise he's quite solid indeed. So you really only need to upgrade your healer at this point and Luka would be a great option. She's a base 4* so tough but not *pray to RNGesus* hard like 5*

Alkez

10 pulls total. Not a single yellow. Why did I embark on this stupidity lol.

Panther that guide is amazing, damn.

Broseybrose

You have LUDMILLE, Xiao, Alma, Amarant, Kain, and Mustadio in the "OK to trash" list when theyre all worth keeping for their great TMs IMO.

There are lots of crap units that have great TMs and most missed this list, but these made it on for some reason. I think they should be removed.

Edit- just noticed the color Legend regarding TMs. Its kinda easy to miss?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
You have LUDMILLE, Xiao, Alma, Amarant, Kain, and Mustadio in the "OK to trash" list when theyre all worth keeping for their great TMs IMO.

There are lots of crap units that have great TMs and most missed this list, but these made it on for some reason. I think they should be removed.

Me said:
-- The TrashGuide is by Valentus and is amazing and comes with DEEP knowledge of the game. Advice is to pay strong attention to the color key before trashing anything.

c'mon, man.

edit: maybe we should make another column 'AFTER YOU GET THE TM!!' (?)

Broseybrose

c'mon, man.

edit: maybe we should make another column 'AFTER YOU GET THE TM!!' (?)

If you insist on keeping them on the list then yeah. Or just a little note next to the unit name that says "notice TM b4 trashing".

I hate to nitpick but we all want it to be the most accurate right? I appreciate all the work you guys put into it and it is great. Just trying to help make it perfect!

edit- Saw new revision. Perfect!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(yeah after looking i totally agree with your take here -- am removing the color code and am instead adding a more deliberate 'when to trash' column and then a trust master notes column)

(thank you brother!)

Alkez

When you want Seven but the game says "Why the hell would we give you a yellow crystal?"

I swear I'll never be able to pull banner units to save my life.

On a brighter note, power of creation done. Decided to use a moogle to finish it off. Really just want to start clearing up these dupes.

Falk

that puzzling face
So I'm a little out of date. Is Ariana going to be a regular gacha pray-and-pull or is there some way to guarantee?

Hey everyone, DRUMROLLL PLEASSEEEE
Unit-Bedile-4.png
[It wouldn't be GAF if I didn't troll you with a Bedile!]

But seriously ...

HERE IS THE EXVIUS GAF PLAYBOOK:: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zHYI3IyPPbO-Y-TTCbhebLdnHmv4Hs9P_skVOehyGlc/edit#gid=0

Notes
-- It's currently in an open-edit state. Honestly not sure how long we can keep it that way. I do have a backup saved. Thanks to Valentus for the TrashGuide, and eventually the TM Guide (I think).

-- I haven't imported the friends list yet, so you all can add yourselves manually.

-- The Getting Started Guide should be a pretty solid guide for a new F2P user's first 6-8 weeks.

-- The Build a Team Guide is built on the assumption that new users may not be immersed in the standard DPS-Mage-Healer-Tank-Other model of fantasy gaming. Otherwise it is fairly general. The elite/2nd tier units is painting in broad strokes and generally accurate.

-- TM Guide: work in progress

-- Meta Game Checklist: work in progress (not sure if actually needed?)

-- ExviusGAF Challenges: will be working with Alkez and others who want to participate in exactly how we do this. It's a fun-only project for the vets around here so we can take our time with it.

My daily was fucking Bedile today. Pissed me off.

Anyway, this is a great doc! Thanks to all involved. I added my details in!

Added my # to the Exvius Playbook and also made some corrections (e.g., Edge's TM is Hanzo Gauntlet, not Fire Beam). But, despite exceedingly minor corrections, this is an awesome start. My only suggestions are twofold:

1. Don't encourage folks to roll for Elza (or Santa Roselia, etc.), since they were time-limited units.
  2. We should explain the difference between character level, base * level, and * level in general.
For the second point, see my post here, where I try to explain it.

Beyond that, I also just burned 200 Lapis on getting 10 more friend slots, so add me!

Valentus

Panther, youre awesome with your playbook. That shit must be in the op (along with my YouTube channel :rolleyes: )

So, i think gaf needs its own unit ránking. I want to do one for the playbook, but i want to do It with everyone opinions, So It could really be the forums ranking

So i dont plan to do a numbered ranking. I plan to do a "letter" ranking So every good unit are in their respective category without differences.

I plan to do a more in depth analysis of each unit but What i plan to do is something like this:

6 star units:

SSS

- none (reserved for futures meta)

SS

- noctis
- gilgamesh
- Majin fina

S

- lightning
- luneth
- refia
- cecil
- exdeath
- cloud of darkness
- ramza
- White Knight Noel

A

- luka
- Santa Rosalía
- chizuru
- Mercedes
- ace
- Seven
- snow

B

- bartz
- cerius
- demon rain
- delita

C

- medius
- White Witch fina
- dracu lasswell

I dont want either yo "categorize" units because is much more arbitrary to define why certain support are more important than others, for example.

So what do you think exv-gaf?

Xion86

Okay, been a busy day at a Nintendo Switch event at Hammersmith Apollo in London. Really good day though, came out with a few Pros and Cons.

How's the event then? Just about to try it out. Not pulled any units yet. I wasn't going to use any tickets, but may use 5...

Good job on getting the Playbook up!

EDarkness

I dont want either yo "categorize" units because is much more arbitrary to define why certain support are more important than others, for example.

Sounds like a good idea. Might be easier to understand who are the top tier units and how they rank instead of relying on the Exvius wiki ranking, which I feel like misses the mark sometimes.

Lyrian

We're going to go down that rabbit hole? Ohboy.gif

But, if we're going to do that, we need to also break the grades down by role (and also define each grade as well) to paint a clear picture of what each unit can do and not do.

Example:

Cecil

Overall: S

Health Points: S
Magic Points: C

Physical Offense: C
Magical Offense: D

Physical Defense: SS
Magical Defence: C

Offensive Party Support: B
Defensive Party Support: B
Debuffing Enemy Support: D

Limit Break: SS (Party ATK/STR/SPR buff)

Evaluation:
The bad news is that Cecil is a one trick pony, which is to be a tank for the party and absorb incoming physical attacks. The good news is that as a tank, Cecil currently is the best in Global at this role. <blah blah blah and so on>

That's going to be a lot more work, but highly useful if everyone is up for it.

Valentus

But, if we're going to do that, we need to also break the grades down by role (and also define each grade as well) to paint a clear picture of what each unit can do and not do.

Example:

Cecil

Offensive Party Support: D

Evaluation:
The bad news is that Cecil is a one trick pony, which is to be a tank for the party and absorb incoming physical attacks. The good news is that as a tank, Cecil currently is the best in Global at this role. <blah blah blah and so on>

Yes
YES

Thats what im talking about. I like that.

Alkez

So after rage pulling and getting jack all (never rage pull) I got double unicorn rare enemy thing. I mean it doesn't make up for my lack of yellow crystals but it's a start I guess.

Xion86

Oh wow, the event was way easier than the previous one.

Time to do 5 pulls, will post results here:

Kefka
GOLD...Luna
Golbez (wtf, where are these mages coming from all of a sudden)
Fang
Duane

Meh..I'll stop now.

Tried Dark Fina with a CoD friend and got annihilated. Then brought Ramza off the bench to Break for me and it was smooth sailing, even after she cast Meteor and Ultima in one round. No KOs, thanks to Refia's beefy muscles (aka HP). I can't quit you, bro.

Would farm the event tonight but I'm exhausted, so I'm hopefully going to make 5 Leos procreate an Aegis Shield for me.

Well I bought the 7 cheap tickets and decided to use them because why not...not a damn banner unit from a single one and a second troll rainbow on this banner this time Artemios....looks like my luck has run out.
So 17 pulls 1 banner unit which was Trey and 2 troll rainbows. I knew I didn't like FF Type 0 for a reason

I really like Seven

Plus the exclusive materia stacks for all you Newbies

I imagine anyone without a damage dealer can make Trey and Jack pretty competent

Sevens materia is really good too. 2.1x with 50% paralyze and critical hit

Vamphuntr

Is type 0 a good game?

Pretty mediocre. I played it on PSP and it was really forgettable. The story cuts abruptly to something else because they ran out of money or time. It's balanced like an MMO where if something is 2-3 level above you it one shots you. EXP is not shared between Class 0 so once your A team is KO (and the game has gimmick to KO team like popping LVL 99 monster or killing the team leader in a cutscene) abandon all hope. If you don't grind the only way to defeat bosses is by hitting their weak spot while you hope they don't one shot you. You basically don't have enough skill slot to have everything you would need and they separated spells bizarrely like there is a homing, AoE around youcharacter and free aim version of each spell. So if you bring the AoE with you and the enemy is flying well too bad.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
10 pulls total. Not a single yellow. Why did I embark on this stupidity lol.

Panther that guide is amazing, damn.

Thank you! Can't wait to see some of our GAF Challenges going!

Added my # to the Exvius Playbook and also made some corrections (e.g., Edge's TM is Hanzo Gauntlet, not Fire Beam). But, despite exceedingly minor corrections, this is an awesome start. My only suggestions are twofold:

1. Don't encourage folks to roll for Elza (or Santa Roselia, etc.), since they were time-limited units.
  2. We should explain the difference between character level, base * level, and * level in general.
For the second point, see my post here, where I try to explain it.

Beyond that, I also just burned 200 Lapis on getting 10 more friend slots, so add me!

Thanks AD for that list. I think what you're describing might be perfect for an ADVANCED TIPS section.

Panther, youre awesome with your playbook. That shit must be in the op (along with my YouTube channel :rolleyes: )

So, i think gaf needs its own unit ránking. I want to do one for the playbook, but i want to do It with everyone opinions, So It could really be the forums ranking

So i dont plan to do a numbered ranking. I plan to do a "letter" ranking So every good unit are in their respective category without differences.

I plan to do a more in depth analysis of each unit but What i plan to do is something like this:

[snip]

I agree we should have our own unit ranking AND you (and Lyrian, others) should be the one(s) to do it.

I've said forever that I favor a role-based ranking because it is ultimately the most useful for building a team. Whereas a simple letter/number ranking (which aren't really different -- you're just using a different symbol with fewer sub-symbols) tends to favor DPS and Mage units which does not lend itself to utility. It is not useful to know that Noctis is the 3rd best unit in the game. It IS useful to know he's the 3rd best DPS.

Please reconsider just doing this by role! DPS - MAGE - HEALER - TANK - BUFF - DEBUFF - OTHER

Syrus

Banned
Thank you! Can't wait to see some of our GAF Challenges going!

Thanks AD for that list. I think what you're describing might be perfect for an ADVANCED TIPS section.

I agree we should have our own unit ranking AND you (and Lyrian, others) should be the one(s) to do it.

I've said forever that I favor a role-based ranking because it is ultimately the most useful for building a team. Whereas a simple letter/number ranking (which aren't really different -- you're just using a different symbol with fewer sub-symbols) tends to favor DPS and Mage units which does not lend itself to utility. It is not useful to know that Noctis is the 3rd best unit in the game. It IS useful to know he's the 3rd best DPS.

Please reconsider just doing this by role! DPS - MAGE - HEALER - TANK - BUFF - DEBUFF - OTHER

Wr can pool our thoughts here as well

Broseybrose

Example:

Cecil

Offensive Party Support: D

Evaluation:

Offensive Party Support: B (Focus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom