• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidjinn

It is done. +2 on Power Charge and Hero of the Mana Sword. With just 1 weapon and 1 40%, 2x 30%, and a 20% attack materia, Randy looks like this.

If I do DW, he looks like this (Dual Wield, Great Sword mastery, 2x 40% Attack materia).

Gonna stick with DW until I can get myself more Doublehand materials. =o

Randy, the sushiman (build)

Awesome stuff, haha!

Muku

Per Reddit: Link

Taiwan dev stream has the global producer on record stating that the removal of troll crystals is coming "soon" (tm).

Process that as you will.

We'll see about that... can't come soon enough. And "soon" could still mean 6 months off with Gumi. -_-;

Niahak

The only ace y have in my friend lista is rixa's.

Summoning must be Dead dry It seems lmao

I think nobody's pulling because everyone's saying not to pull on this banner. Especially when the rainbow is considered one of the worst. I only pulled to get some Type-0 units to make the event less of a slog (and because I felt good about my team already - don't feel like hoarding more).

In case you want another Ace, mine is shared: 737,150,495

tariniel

I used a few tickets to try to get at least 1 banner unit for a bonus on the event and got a troll gold...
2nd Chiziru
. I'm OK with this.

I think I will continue to at least daily pull because Jack's TM seems like it might be useful. I have 15 more tickets too but not sure if I'll throw those into the fire.

Shouta

So before I read your response to Hippo this is what I had written:

I guess the way forward will be to save lapis for those pivotal units that also have some longevity to them. After Eileen (I'm still not really sure how I feel about her enhancements - your thoughts would be appreciated if you have the time) I'll probably just save for Ayaka and Noctis or Lorraine who will, as you say, be very strong in their respective roles for some time.

After reading your response to Hippo:

I'm unsure what the best option is. I mean to do what you're saying I think I would need to be paying on a somewhat regular basis. I understand this is a gacha game, and I wouldn't say I'm f2p but I really can't afford to be paying regularly. I guess I'll go after whatever I can in this event and capitalise on the mog events with banners I plan to pull on.

If you're getting Lapis and Tickets regularly and the events are providing tickets to buy with currency, then the best strategy is to only use X amount where X is the number of tickets you can buy or are willing to part with for that banner. So if an event has 10 tickets you can pull 10 times and walk away without chipping into your current ticket reserve. If you get units that provide more currency, then you can to get all of the other rewards at a brisker pace and you can add to your overall pool of characters. If you pull a super strong unit then it's even better. There's no need to dump all of your tickets on every banner but not pulling at all means you might be losing out.

A good example would be Seria's fire sword from the Brave Frontier event. This doesn't seem like you'd use it much if you have TMR weapons but it actually proved super useful for Nyx if you got him during the Kingsglaive event. Nyx is a fire element Orlandu/Eileen/Forren but he's limited to swords and daggers. There are no TMRs in sword or daggers that have fire element at all though so you'd have to rely on his skill to give Nyx the fire element buff. If you had Seria's sword, you don't need to use that skill and can go straight into damage dealing and you can use it with the Dark Knight Soul (+atk% with Sword and Heavy armor equipped) materia to further buff his attack.

I think the biggest misunderstanding folks have is that it's not just having a strong character but having a strong pool of options to draw from that allows you to do more things. I was mostly F2P until the anniversary event in November/December and I managed to beat all of the challenge bosses prior to Aigaion before I got Orlandu. It was because my pool of weapons, materia, and characters were growing as I played. Valentus has been doing runs to show folks that you don't need X unit to get fights done as well.

As for Eileen, her ability enhancements make her very strong. She's higher than Dark Veritas and Orlandu now for sure but probably weaker than a fully decked out Randy. She needs strong spears and specifically her own TMR to be a monster though. The best way for a F2P or Dolphin to get her TMR will be Trust Moogles unless you're up for doing 10,000 en or whatever for it lol.

Basically every unit benefits HP.

But HP
Tank -> Healer -> Rest of the party
SPR

Slight fix but

HP = Healer > Tank > Rest of Party

Healers are soft and need more HP to handle the heavier attacks. It also means you don't have to rely on HP accessories/materias as much which can be useful for a character like Tilith when you want to increase their passive MP Regen without sacrificing survivability.

I used a few tickets to try to get at least 1 banner unit for a bonus on the event and got a troll gold...
2nd Chiziru
. I'm OK with this.

I think I will continue to at least daily pull because Jack's TM seems like it might be useful. I have 15 more tickets too but not sure if I'll throw those into the fire.

Jack's TM is super useful for Rikku because it allows her to gain LB in fights that don't drop them.

Rixa

@Shouta yeah, good correction. Ill edit my post.

Its been too long for my Mage build lol :p. I did forgot I have Earrings (I was using HR instead :D). Tossed Ultima away too.

So here it is.

Screenshot_20170113-212403.png

Could squeeze 3 more mag by changing robe to one that Refia is wearing :p

evangd007

Pulled daily and 5 tickets for some event multipliers:
Daily - Luna
Tickets - Edgar, Bartz (#5), Sabin (#2), Chiz (#2), Galuf

This is the worst string of pulls I've ever had.

Shouta

I will point that if they're implementing the crystal change soon, then that's when you should definitely pull for events because you won't be trolled like crazy when you're aiming for currency units, lol.

Valentus

I think nobody's pulling because everyone's saying not to pull on this banner. Especially when the rainbow is considered one of the worst. I only pulled to get some Type-0 units to make the event less of a slog (and because I felt good about my team already - don't feel like hoarding more).

In case you want another Ace, mine is shared: 737,150,495

Sent you a request

Valentus

@Shouta yeah, good correction. Ill edit my post.

Its been too long for my Mage build lol :p. I did forgot I have Earrings (I was using HR instead :D). Tossed Ultima away too.

So here it is.

Screenshot_20170113-212403.png

Could squeeze 3 more mag by changing robe to one that Refia is wearing :p

So ace is the only real situation where dual weild actually lets you cast double Magic????? Lmao

Looking good you Ace rixa. I always like how you build your mages

Skii

Basically every unit benefits HP.

But HP
SPR

Ah okay. So my Warrior of Light would be a good candidate for both? I know it's not a full tank but I think that's the only tank in my line up. I have Refia but I've been giving her the MP/MG pots.

Rixa

So ace is the only real situation where dual weild actually lets you cast double Magic????? Lmao

Looking good you Ace rixa. I always like how you build your mages

Hmm. Yeah, I need to test Wild Card Damage to Belmodar :D. And I need those MAG pots lol :D.

Muku

Ah okay. So my Warrior of Light would be a good candidate for both? I know it's not a full tank but I think that's the only tank in my line up. I have Refia but I've been giving her the MP/MG pots.

Giving Refia Mag pots? Do you have an Exdeath or Kefka?

Rixa

I did edit my post. HP: Healer -> Tank -> Rest

Muku

These unicorn things are true unicorns. Ran after event started. Not one. Almost done with my runs before work, not one. Saving up for 30k Trust Moogle first. Then maybe tickets. Then maybe done. So few with event units. And those who do are too low to bring. I wouldn't normally mind if I had my normal crew, but I took out someone for Trey. Ready to throw this trash event out the window.

Valentus

These unicorn things are true unicorns. Ran after event started. Not one. Almost done with my runs before work, not one. Saving up for 30k Trust Moogle first. Then maybe tickets. Then maybe done. So few with event units. And those who do are too low to bring. I wouldn't normally mind if I had my normal crew, but I took out someone for Trey. Ready to throw this trash event out the window.

actually, unicorns are more common that those beasts. FFS gumi.

Skii

Giving Refia Mag pots? Do you have an Exdeath or Kefka?

Is that bad? lol. I have Kefka but I saw that he's not very good anymore from the rankings so I thought giving everything to Refia was a good idea since she seems to be a top tier unit.

Here's my team: Refia, Bartz, Warrior of Light, Charlotte (will be replaced by Firion), Black cat Lid.

Would any of those prefer magic pots?

I did edit my post. HP: Healer -> Tank -> Rest

Okay thanks. So I'll put the HP pots on Refia and the SPR on Warrior of Light.

Is it even worth it this banner? I haven't pulled since New Years and have been quite content. I don't really see much of use here, outside of event currency boosts. I'll at least do dailies next week, since there are some strong TMs there, iirc.

I put Ace up as my friend unit. Add me guys. I got 5 free slots.

943 290 204
You've hit friend capacity. Add me, if you can:
Currently sharing a 632 ATK (on Diabolos) Noctis.

If anyone else doesn't have me, send me an add too! I'm close to hitting cap, and have been getting bombarded with daily requests from randoms ever since I got Noct. I only want GAFers. ^__^

Muku

actually, unicorns are more common that those beasts. FFS gumi.

LOL, right?

So... my alt acc crew isn't really up to snuff. Just used Gigantaur from the 2k they gave us to catch the last 4 up to 100. Running them through ELT for first time to get shit done. And what pops up? A double popcorn. Well shit. I'm getting slaughtered. And where the fuck is this bitch for my main? Fuck.

Is that bad? lol. I have Kefka but I saw that he's not very good anymore from the rankings so I thought giving everything to Refia was a good idea since she seems to be a top tier unit.

Here's my team: Refia, Bartz, Warrior of Light, Charlotte (will be replaced by Firion), Black cat Lid.

Well, Refia isn't casting Magic, so wasting Mag pots on her isn't worth it. Well, when I say magic, I mean pewpew things like a caster would. I have BCL at cap but I don't recall if she would be better off with the Mag. I rarely use her.

Niahak

Of those, Bartz could use them more since he has hybrid moves. Possibly BCL but Bartz is better long term.

If you're eventually hoping to get a magic-user, it might be worth keeping the pots until you get an Exdeath or something.

Alkez

If you're getting Lapis and Tickets regularly and the events are providing tickets to buy with currency, then the best strategy is to only use X amount where X is the number of tickets you can buy or are willing to part with for that banner. So if an event has 10 tickets you can pull 10 times and walk away without chipping into your current ticket reserve. If you get units that provide more currency, then you can to get all of the other rewards at a brisker pace and you can add to your overall pool of characters. If you pull a super strong unit then it's even better. There's no need to dump all of your tickets on every banner but not pulling at all means you might be losing out.

A good example would be Seria's fire sword from the Brave Frontier event. This doesn't seem like you'd use it much if you have TMR weapons but it actually proved super useful for Nyx if you got him during the Kingsglaive event. Nyx is a fire element Orlandu/Eileen/Forren but he's limited to swords and daggers. There are no TMRs in sword or daggers that have fire element at all though so you'd have to rely on his skill to give Nyx the fire element buff. If you had Seria's sword, you don't need to use that skill and can go straight into damage dealing and you can use it with the Dark Knight Soul (+atk% with Sword and Heavy armor equipped) materia to further buff his attack.

I think the biggest misunderstanding folks have is that it's not just having a strong character but having a strong pool of options to draw from that allows you to do more things. I was mostly F2P until the anniversary event in November/December and I managed to beat all of the challenge bosses prior to Aigaion before I got Orlandu. It was because my pool of weapons, materia, and characters were growing as I played. Valentus has been doing runs to show folks that you don't need X unit to get fights done as well.

As for Eileen, her ability enhancements make her very strong. She's higher than Dark Veritas and Orlandu now for sure but probably weaker than a fully decked out Randy. She needs strong spears and specifically her own TMR to be a monster though. The best way for a F2P or Dolphin to get her TMR will be Trust Moogles unless you're up for doing 10,000 en or whatever for it lol.

Ah yeah that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. Spent 4 tickets to get 2 banner units (Trey) so the grind should be a bit easier now. I've managed to obtain almost all the event exclusive gear up that I felt would be useful up until now so it makes sense to continue to try to do so, as you say I'm not really losing tickets. If I don't run the event I wouldn't be gaining any either.

Man, you guys are deflating me. I thought this would be the first farm event that I at last strive to get the 10% moogle but the comments I'm reading here make that sound unlikely with the crap drop rate of the currency. I have to imagine we're getting Zero Banner 2 next week while this event is running though so there's always a chance they fix the drop like on that previous event for next week. I'll still try to farm this and see what I can get as there's a number of useful items as usual even if I don't get the moogle but I want that moogle!

You only want to use magic pots on mages really although some hybrid units like Noctis can benefit too. Healing magic goes off of SPR and that's why I prioritize SPR pots on the healer over the tank so keep giving your SPR pots to Refia. Once you max her, you can then place them on your tank. If that was my team, I'd hold on to the magic pots until a proper mage was drawn. Refia is indeed a top tier unit but you still only want to bother with stats that benefit that unit so you're not being wasteful.

Rixa

Is it even worth it this banner? I haven't pulled since New Years and have been quite content. I don't really see much of use here, outside of event currency boosts. I'll at least do dailies next week, since there are some strong TMs there, iirc.

If you need something from future banners then no its not worth. Iam just using tix & daily here and there. But I have a really good situation so not hoarding & saving tix at all and well I like to pull with tix, they don't cost money :).

Muku

So I go to run Pro after Elt cuz I figure I'll farm Pro on alt. Double Popcornon alt again. FUUUUUUUUUDGE. Two runs in a row. Just trying to burn energy before work. Fail

Shouta

Think I'll settle for the moogle, 6* mats and cactuar and maybe the artifact. Weapons seem terrible.

Get the Survival Edge. It's 10% HP on a weapon and it's wind element. That'll be useful for the Gilgamesh fight. If Rain 6-star drops when you Gilgamesh shows up, you can cover 4 elements if you DW a Light and Wind Weapon then attack with his Fire/Earth attack. Even after that, you can equip the Survival edge on your support mages that don't rely on Magic or Spirit. 10% HP is always good.

The Unusual Artifact is not bad either if you don't have Bracers or your unit doesn't have a high enough base attack to beat to make the most out of a 10% Ring

Vamphuntr

Get the Survival Edge. It's 10% HP on a weapon and it's wind element. That'll be useful for the Gilgamesh fight. If Rain 6-star drops when you Gilgamesh shows up, you can cover 4 elements if you DW a Light and Wind Weapon then attack with his Fire/Earth attack. Even after that, you can equip the Survival edge on your support mages that don't rely on Magic or Spirit. 10% HP is always good.

The Unusual Artifact is not bad either if you don't have Bracers or your unit doesn't have a high enough base attack to beat to make the most out of a 10% Ring

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing I had no idea Gilgamesh was coming soon.

Alkez

Man, you guys are deflating me. I thought this would be the first farm event that I at last strive to get the 10% moogle but the comments I'm reading here make that sound unlikely with the crap drop rate of the currency. I have to imagine we're getting Zero Banner 2 next week while this event is running though so there's always a chance they fix the drop like on that previous event for next week. I'll still try to farm this and see what I can get as there's a number of useful items as usual even if I don't get the moogle but I want that moogle!

Personally I'm not bothering with the moogle. We get one from arena and one from just logging in this month so I'm ok with leaving it.

My list is as follows:

Dagger (obtained - shoutouts to Kerash for mentioning it. I didn't even see the hp boost. Cecil appreciates it)
Tickets
Quartz
6* Mats
Megacites
Gigantuars

Nikokuno

My bro (daily) pulled Seven, is she a support or something else?

He want to know because her equipment selection is kinda bad, and don't know how to stuff her.

Event is easy to clean with a Noctis for sure but it will be endless to farm currency without BONUS unit...

Durden77

You guys rock with all the tips, thanks so much. I think for now I'm just gonna play it by ear and post summons here and other stuff to see what you all say.

Apeaking of which, I just used 3 tickets and got these peeps...

http://m.imgur.com/O5giyrE,JEej6a3,YW6XJx4

Any of them worth anything? Trying to hold onto these tickets for a XV banner.

evangd007

You guys rock with all the tips, thanks so much. I think for now I'm just gonna play it by ear and post summons here and other stuff to see what you all say.

Vaan is good. He learns Focus (party 40% buff to MAG/SPR) and Full Break (reduces all target's stats by 30%) and has a 6* form upcoming. Lani and Luna are trash.

Who do you have other than those 3?

Skii

You only want to use magic pots on mages really although some hybrid units like Noctis can benefit too. Healing magic goes off of SPR and that's why I prioritize SPR pots on the healer over the tank so keep giving your SPR pots to Refia. Once you max her, you can then place them on your tank. If that was my team, I'd hold on to the magic pots until a proper mage was drawn. Refia is indeed a top tier unit but you still only want to bother with stats that benefit that unit so you're not being wasteful.

Yeah but I dont think I have anyone on my team that does offensive magic? Is that a required slot on your team? I spent all my SPR on WOL but I'll use the next ones I get on Refia lol.

mstevens

Is the dagger still worth buying if my team probably won't be able to handle Gilgamesh regardless? Or should I just focus on mats and tickets?

Valentus

Vaan has Lost his shine really fast. Use him if you dont have a full breaker. But his role Will be filled even better with Rain 6 stars

Is the dagger still worth buying if my team probably won't be able to handle Gilgamesh regardless? Or should I just focus on mats and tickets?

The dagger is great for tanks. Is a very good support weapon. Get it

Lyrian

My bro (daily) pulled Seven, is she a support or something else?

He want to know because her equipment selection is kinda bad, and don't know how to stuff her.

Yeah, she is support, particularly elemental resistance debuffing for another major hitter. In this new event, she shines at setting up a big lightning hit (via Thunderlash) for Lightning/Noctis to one-shot most opponents.

In terms of gear,

Swords are plentiful, so not a big deal there. The only decent whip in Global right now is the clear reward for the PRO floor of last week's event.

Light helmets/clothes puts her in caster gear territory. There are only a very few physical offensive pieces that are readily available, but you can buy/craft tiger masks/green berets for the helmet slot, and black belt gis for the body slot. Buff whichever stats you like with accessories and <stat> (usually HP or ATK) +10% crafted abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom