• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

Ariana Grande:

Voice: SS
Sex Appeal: SS
Final Fantasy-ness: S
Costume: SS
Dance Moves: B
Ability to Piss off Fanboys/girls: SSS

Health/Strength/Magic/Actual Stats: whocares

Quonny

I'll fight you. Ariana's Dance Moves are at least SS-tier.

AKumdRU.gif

Skii

Man Lightning is ridiculous. I was stuck against the Wyvern in Lanzelt Highlands. It was kicking my shit in so I decided to bring in a friend's level 88 Lightning and it one shot it with its limit burst. I barely got it down to 4/5s of its life bar on my first try lol.

I wish I pulled one of those top units rip.

Lyrian

I agree we should have our own unit ranking AND you (and Lyrian, others) should be the one(s) to do it.

I've said forever that I favor a role-based ranking because it is ultimately the most useful for building a team. Whereas a simple letter/number ranking (which aren't really different -- you're just using a different symbol with fewer sub-symbols) tends to favor DPS and Mage units which does not lend itself to utility. It is not useful to know that Noctis is the 3rd best unit in the game. It IS useful to know he's the 3rd best DPS.

Please reconsider just doing this by role! DPS - MAGE - HEALER - TANK - BUFF - DEBUFF - OTHER

Well, I suppose it would be inevitable that with any classification system, that a ranking would eventually occur.

Each unit can have it's own stat/analysis page (as posted previously) and then be ranked by role on a comprehensive page. That shouldn't be hard, if everyone classified by each of their individual aspects and traits.

That said, there would need to be some sort of agreement upon how grades are issues and how ranking order is determined. Otherwise, this is not going to work at all.

For Unit Stats:

SSS - Exceptionally far beyond the average for a unit's star rarity. Nothing else is even remotely close; gamebreakingly so.
SS - Far above average for a unit's star rarity; typically best in class at that stat. (elite-tier unit worthy)
S - Significantly above average; unit is definitely strong in this stat and is notable (1st tier unit worthy)
A - Above average for a unit's star rarity; not exceptionally high but definitely noteworthy (2nd-tier unit worthy)
B - Average; not great, not awful. Average for unit's star rarity. Generally unremarkable.
C - Below average; unit is poor in this stat, below average for unit's star rarity.
D - Exceptionally below average; just plain awful in a given stat.

For role analysis:

SSS - The Best There Ever Was: The Complete Package in a given role. No currently known flaws, demerits, or holes in a unit's base skill set in a role. The unit has no remote equal that can even come close to matching it in a role, even with TMRs.

SS - Best in Class: The general top of the leaderboard in a given role. May not have a perfect skill set for a given role, but currently, there is no one better in the game to perform this role.

S - Top-tier: Solid choice and a general go-to unit for a specific role. May not cover all possible aspects of a role, but is usually a solid first choice for that role. The few holes or weaknesses in skillset could possibly be filled in with TMRs.

A - Second-tier: Unit is reasonably competent at a role and can be reliable in a pinch if a S-tier unit in a role is not available. Unit likely has a one-sided skillset in that role, and could face trouble in that role if that's unit's role is exploited by the enemy.

B - Third-string backup: When all else fails, the unit can somewhat pretend to fill a role. Unit may have basic or limited capabilities in the role, significantly limiting its potential in that role. Unit is capable, but likely has better actions it can be taking in that turn than fulfilling that role.

C - Bad: Unit barely has any capability in a role. Unit may have some very elementary skills in that role, but can't perform that role well at all. Unit should definitely not be attempting to perform this role as it's main role in a party.

D - Non-existent or only available via equipping espers/abilities: Unit wasn't meant at all to fill this role. Has no skills at all in this role, outside of those granted by gear/espers/abilities. Unit should never attempt to fill this role, ever.

Thoughts?

Abylim

So why are we doing our own rankings? The wiki has a good ranking already. And they are going to be adding a ranking option factoring in TMR

c-murph

Decide to use 11 tickets I had saved on these banners.

Ended up with Jack, Trey, Zidane No.6, Mercedes No.2, Cyan, Tellah No.8, Lenna No.??, Elle, Elle and...

tdMp0GC.png

I got the two Elles after Donkey Kong Country so I probably should have stopped.

I'm excited for his Sword mostly. It's no Moonblade but Lightning can now wreck shit in the Arena.

The rest of my Lapis and Tickets are for Ariana and Rikku.

NomarTyme

Decide to use 11 tickets I had saved on these banners.

Ended up with Jack, Trey, Zidane No.6, Mercedes No.2, Cyan, Tellah No.8, Lenna No.??, Elle, Elle and...

tdMp0GC.png

I got the two Elles after Donkey Kong Country so I probably should have stopped.

I'm excited for his Sword mostly. It's no Moonblade but Lightning can now wreck shit in the Arena.

The rest of my Lapis and Tickets are for Ariana and Rikku.
Congrats! great pulls. And you don't need tickets for Ariana! She is FREE!

I'll take the middle one! not.

I mean, we're not talking a competent dev like DeNA who had special wallpaper and music for the holidays, but imagine having the Ariana song play during her Vortex mission.

HYPE.

And this is more my speed, honestly:

latest

Durden77

Hey there, one more thing I forgot in my long ass post to you about pulling on banners, the half off pull you get each day goes off of the latest feature banner. So while you'll still be able to pull on the previous feature banner for an extra week with increased odds on those units, the half off (which we refer to as daily pull here) won't go towards it.

Thanks for more tips. Damn there's a lot to this game. I think for now since I'm playing it so casually I'm gonna stick with what I've got. If I get to the point to where I know I'm really gonna be investing a lot of time in this game, I'll re-roll. I rerolled in DBZ agter putting months into the game, so I've got no problem with it. Plus I'm still playing a ton of XV which I'll finally get to play tonight!

I will he taking you guys' tips on what characters suck and don't thought. I guess I should just go ahead and use the rest of these tickets though?

Rankings could be cool but a lot of work as others said. Guys like Valentus and Lyrian are the best picks for this sense they theory craft and find value many overlook. It's crucial to separate a unit's value with TMs and without, however. A bunch of the best TMs makes even a scrub unit look good (Valentus' Shadow, anyone?) so TMs really skew things but I think it's still good to have both since many of us are actually farming TMs and plan to aim for those heights as best we may.

Thanks for more tips. Damn there's a lot to this game. I think for now since I'm playing it so casually I'm gonna stick with what I've got. If I get to the point to where I know I'm really gonna be investing a lot of time in this game, I'll re-roll. I rerolled in DBZ agter putting months into the game, so I've got no problem with it. Plus I'm still playing a ton of XV which I'll finally get to play tonight!

I will he taking you guys' tips on what characters suck and don't thought. I guess I should just go ahead and use the rest of these tickets though?

No worries and have fun with XV! If you want to use the rest of the tickets, use them on the Dark Fina banner. It's a decent banner since there are only three units so less crap with boosted rates and Luka is a great healer so two out of the three are awesome and Elle at least has a decent TM for a future tank and would be better than the other units you have other than Vaan. Who knows, you might get a great unit that's not on the banner too. Let us know what you get. Actually, you might want to wait until Wed-Thur next week because we'll know what the next banner is going to be at that point so you can see if it'd be better to go with Dark Fina banner or the next one as Dark Fina banner won't go away until midnight Thursday (PST).

Because its not?

And because we as a community can make a better ranking

One thing I'd suggest, and it's something the Wiki doesn't have, is synergistic effects among team members. For instance, just to use recent examples, Seven's whip makes Exdeath's Thundaga so much better.

After all, it's silly to compare characters in a vacuum. We all agree that Noctis and Cecil and Lightning and Dark Fina are good, but we could be different (and useful) by demonstrating how groupings of characters are especially effective.

It might not affect someone like Cecil, who's just a solid super-tank, but it could apply elsewhere.

And whereas ExviusWiki and others list out characters in S-tier format, maybe our Playbook could be geared towards people trying to build solid teams to conquer content. Just a thought.

Muku

Added myself to dat playbook.

All these Grande Burrito pics. Props to Shouta because yall need to be cursed for all of them

Celegus

Been out of town a couple days and won't be back for a few more... looks like some... things... happened.

Free Ariana, figured! Drop rate for event seems lowish, no sign of the bonus monster yet. I did get Jack on my daily. Any of the mog king items a must have? Saw Rixa got an Ace, not sure how many others.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Looks like I need to make 700ish runs without a bonus unit to get everything I want.

That's not good because if I didn't waste 1 NRG it would still take 32 days. LOL!

Broseybrose

One thing I'd suggest, and it's something the Wiki doesn't have, is synergistic effects among team members. For instance, just to use recent examples, Seven's whip makes Exdeath's Thundaga so much better.

After all, it's silly to compare characters in a vacuum. We all agree that Noctis and Cecil and Lightning and Dark Fina are good, but we could be different (and useful) by demonstrating how groupings of characters are especially effective.

It might not affect someone like Cecil, who's just a solid super-tank, but it could apply elsewhere.

And whereas ExviusWiki and others list out characters in S-tier format, maybe our Playbook could be geared towards people trying to build solid teams to conquer content. Just a thought.

Thats a good point. Though other than what you mentioned, Bartz/Refia (Life-Giver / Full-Life) and Garnet/Rydia (Fill LB, Fill Evocation Gague), I cant think of any more direct synergies.

Just attacks with elemental debuffs synergized with attacks of the same element.

(Noctis Thunder Flask OR Lightning Crushing Blow + Thundaga/Thunder attack)

Is the Importance of Chaining Attacks in the wiki anywhere? Different types of Chains (Spark, elemental, etc.)?

Muku

Looks like I need to make 700ish runs without a bonus unit to get everything I want.

That's not good because if I didn't waste 1 NRG it would still take 32 days. LOL!

What all you wanting?

Just glad I pulled Trey on my daily. Wasn't going to pull on this banner, because I've no attachment to these characters. But I'm done for rest of it with one character.

Celegus

Is Jack's TM just a better version of CoD's? Is just one copy of it enough to be worth it or is it something you'd need several of to get much benefit? Heard something about it being useful for Rikku on the robot fight I think.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What all you wanting?

Just glad I pulled Trey on my daily. Wasn't going to pull on this banner, because I've no attachment to these characters. But I'm done for rest of it with one character.

item cost
megacites 15,000
tickets 28,000
dagger 2,000
materia 10,800
moogles 100,000

Total: 155,800 -- and that's before I buy any more gigantuars or 6* mats, which i absolutely should stock up on.

(i should probably nix the moogles tbh, huh)

Muku

item cost
megacites 15,000
tickets 28,000
dagger 2,000
materia 10,800
moogles 100,000

Total: 155,800 -- and that's before I buy any more gigantuars or 6* mats, which i absolutely should stock up on.

(i should probably nix the moogles tbh, huh)

I'd nix the 70k one. I have my own running list as well. XD Do it every event to keep me on track. Not sure if I'll get EVERYTHING I want, because screw this event and banner. And as much as I want the 70k Moogle, it ain't happening. But first thing I'm saving up for is the 30k Moogle. I needz it. Dual Cast needz it.

I want to buy the Cactaur.... but to be honest I've not a damn person worth using it on. GG on my shit pulls.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'd nix the 70k one. I have my own running list as well. XD Do it every event to keep me on track. Not sure if I'll get EVERYTHING I want, because screw this event and banner. And as much as I want the 70k Moogle, it ain't happening. But first thing I'm saving up for is the 30k Moogle. I needz it. Dual Cast needz it.

I want to buy the Cactaur.... but to be honest I've not a damn person worth using it on. GG on my shit pulls.

lol yeah i have a shortlist like this every time. the moogles are the real question because they've been pretty free with them lately. take them out and i can get everything else in 11 days. that's without a bonus unit, doublecorn drops, or the 2nd part of this event with better drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom