• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

item cost
megacites 15,000
tickets 28,000
dagger 2,000
materia 10,800
moogles 100,000

Total: 155,800 -- and that's before I buy any more gigantuars or 6* mats, which i absolutely should stock up on.

(i should probably nix the moogles tbh, huh)

Nix the 70k Moogle for sure. You'll probably make the 30k one if you want.

edit- Exactly like Muku said.

Muku

lol yeah i have a shortlist like this every time. the moogles are the real question because they've been pretty free with them lately. take them out and i can get everything else in 11 days. that's without a bonus unit, doublecorn drops, or the 2nd part of this event with better drops.

I'd say if you're worried about it, roll through rest of stuff first. Then if something works in your favor, and the Double Popcorns show up like it's raining candy, go for the 30k one. They've been giving them out.. but ya know, doesn't mean I'm going to skimp out. Going to abuse the shit out of it. LOL.

Broseybrose

Top 1K Arena Guide!

Use every orb they give you per 24hr period. Pick highest ratio opponent always. Win always.

qQHJEYV.png

5c3CO4e.png

Honestly never thought Id see the day where I was top 1k in arena. Too bad it means nothing. Probably wont even be able to hold on to 3k due to SLEEP.

Broseybrose

I'm going to delete this trick in 1 minute, brose, but you're missing one: an early jump -- winning 5 battles in the opening minutes of the arena -- makes a big big impact.

That must be what Yoshi and the rest of them did to get ahead of me. I thought I got them all!

And switching in Chizuru Phantom Shadow for Cecil Stand There has been awesome. Finally have 4 damage dealers and Refia.

CCIE

Banned
Still no damned Unicorns... but I've bought all the cactuars, and the materia for Seven so she is almost fully done (L89). Can't improve her much more short of TM's. Time to concentrate on dagger, cheap tickets, SC, and cheap moogle. Then some 6* mats, and we will see from there.

So the unicorn that doesn't exist. Is it an extra round? Does it replace one round of enemies so it is still 5 rounds? What is the deal?

Shouta

I think 70k Trust Moogles are totally worth it if you have a full team of Currency Up units and can beat it no problem. Even at just 250%, it's roughly in the same estimated energy ballpark and if you can get the rare monsters, the energy needed to get it goes down significantly.

Trust Moogles are great to use for units that you only have 1 of or you absolutely need the TM right away. I wouldn't miss out on a chance to get them even if the grind seems a bit daunting.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
there's a legit question about the nrg cost required to earn that moogle vs just TM farming instead, though.

to get the 70k moogle with no bonus units, it would take 327 ELT runs at 214 phatasma per run. At 13 NRG each, that's .. 4252 NRG, or 4,252 Earth Shrine runs ... or 42% trust ... for 5 units. So the same NRG to buy one moogle from the Mog King (10% trust) could instead buy the equivalent of 20 moogles.

Wait is that right? I think I just math'd myself out of never buying a 70k moogle.

Broseybrose

Still no damned Unicorns... but I've bought all the cactuars, and the materia for Seven so she is almost fully done (L89). Can't improve her much more short of TM's. Time to concentrate on dagger, cheap tickets, SC, and cheap moogle. Then some 6* mats, and we will see from there.

So the unicorn that doesn't exist. Is it an extra round? Does it replace one round of enemies so it is still 5 rounds? What is the deal?

It replaces the round. Its a tough SOB. Caught one and lost.

Doctor_No

FYI Speed Plus is an easy (and cheap) way to get four Evade abilities in the Akademeia event

With the right unit (Lighting or Noctis) and the right TMs (20 sided dice), you can essentially become invincible to physical attacks. Ita an obnoxious combo in Arena.

Here is a solo run on Akademeia ELT using Lighting with 4 Speed Plus abilities and I am only defending in the first waves; basically you will be virtually 100% evade all physical attacks (it will however take damage from magic and abilities, so it can't solo the boss).

In this example I also have 20 sided dice, Vampire Cloak, and Ring of Lucii equipped (the Holy counter allows for quick MP recovery).

Here is a Gfycat link for the first wave of ELT (@6X Speed) completely beaten with only defending, and not getting hit once with over a hundred hits.

6D7zYpd.gif

Edit: even without near 100% evade with TMs, just the 4 Speed Plus abilities is incredibly useful as you can still evade most attacks (for instance for D. Fina that can counter physical attacks).

Shouta

there's a legit question about the nrg cost required to earn that moogle vs just TM farming instead, though.

to get the 70k moogle with no bonus units, it would take 327 ELT runs at 214 phatasma per run. At 13 NRG each, that's .. 4252 NRG, or 4,252 Earth Shrine runs ... or 42% trust ... for 5 units. So the same NRG to buy one moogle from the Mog King (10% trust) could instead buy the equivalent of 20 moogles.

Wait is that right? I think I just math'd myself out of never buying a 70k moogle.

About right if you assume 100 energy = 1%. That's assuming you absolutely get 1% per 100 energy though which isn't always going to be the case.

With more Bonus units, that number is much smaller. At 200 Currency with 250% Bonus, you're getting 700 per run which amounts to 100 Kakusei runs (Elite for GL I guess) or about 1300 Energy. If you get the rare monsters to appear and drop the currency, that significantly reduces the amount of energy needed to farm it. For example, if you get 1200 for the run with the monster. That becomes 4000 currency after you factor in the 250% bonus. That's roughly 20 runs worth and saving you 260 energy.

So the more bonus units you have, the more worthwhile it is to get the moogle overall.

Broseybrose

Something to consider for the trash units guide - I personally feel Maria is worth saving even though Esuna is common. It can be a great TM to put on Cecil.

Also I'm not seeing where this is in it, the trashguide I click looks different than this pic:

It was revised.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- yep the trash guide was updated since that screenie.

-- agree esuna + a dualcast makes a tank like Cecil super useful. lots of ways to get esuna-like properties onto your team without maria's TM though.

-- Chizuru is almost maxed and ... uh ... no AOE??

These trust moogles are always, always worth getting for me. Grinding out 70k (or I should say 100k) is MUCH less time consuming than running earth shrine enough times for a total of 20% trust mastery. I can just do these runs using my nrg and put the game down as opposed to constantly being on my phone for earth shrine. Trust moogles are priority #1 all the time.

SeanTSC

So, I'm conflicted on what I should do with Gigantuars from this event. I don't really have anyone I want to dump them into at the moment, so I'm saving them until the end of it in case I pull something else.

If I don't pull anything I want to level up, these are my options:

ExDeath #3
Chizuru #2
Locke

So the question here is: How useful is Locke's Treasure Hunter ability? Will it have use for events in the future or any kind of item grinding?

bryt

So, I'm conflicted on what I should do with Gigantuars from this event. I don't really have anyone I want to dump them into at the moment, so I'm saving them until the end of it in case I pull something else.

ExDeath #3
Chizuru #2
Locke

So the question here is: How useful is Locke's Treasure Hunter ability? Will it have use for events in the future or any kind of item grinding?

Locke is useless. I'm not even convinced his Treasure Hunter works.

Muku

ExDeath #3
Chizuru #2
Locke

I've got Locke, and currently working on him, but not tested his Treasure Hunter to have an idea about it.

I'd say definitely level up Exdeath and Chizuru.

SeanTSC

Problem with ExDeath #3 and Chizuru #2 is that I'm kinda spoiled for luck. ><

My level 100 units are: Noctis x2, Cecil x2, ExDeath x2, Refia, Chizuru, CoD, Elza, and Bartz. That's why I'm waiting until the end of the event.

I guess ExDeath #3 for a Caster Chain would have the most potential use. I've got a total of 5 ExDeaths and 3 Chizurus, both of which have AE elemental chain potential.

EDarkness

My quest for Seven has been crappy.

I got 3 gold crystals yesterday in a few pulls and none of them had her. So many troll gold crystals. Hopefully today I'll get lucky and she'll show up. After I get her, I'm done with this banner. Considering how lucky I was with the Noctis banner, I don't think I'm gonna get so lucky now.

KeRaSh

TIL

Reflect and Dual Cast don't go well together.

RIP 26 energy because the round before this experiment I went in with my TM team...

edit: OMG these Reflect strats are fucking with me. I thought it would be a cool idea to use Crushing Blow before Thundaga so the damage is boosted even further.
RIP Exdeath. I already had him targeted for the Thundaga cast. Hahahaha!

I obviously still have too much alcohol in my system from last night's Whiskey tasting...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
my daily was another damn edgar (someone check the rates on him with his VERY CONVENIENT machine killer TM this week -- i bet they're elevated).

ticket -- trey! huh. ok so farming this event got a touch easier. and that TM (+20 mag / +20 spr is pretty cool)

Alkez

I feel your pain 17 pulls today and 1 Trey. 2 Troll Rainbows in there as well. Fuck you Gumi!...j/k...kind of.
15 tickets and inly got a single banner char

why ;-;

im only daily pulling from now on

Right there with you guys. I was happy with my 2 Trey but then I was convinced to go for Seven. Not a single yellow crystal in 15+ pulls and all trash.

Trust Moogles are great to use for units that you only have 1 of or you absolutely need the TM right away. I wouldn't miss out on a chance to get them even if the grind seems a bit daunting.

With you on that one. I have 80% worth of moogles with 2 x 10% moogles coming at the end of the month. When Eileen drops I'm ready.

I've decided that I'll do 10 ticket pulls per Mog Event banner going forward and then use Lapis for Dailies / Multis if the banner is worthwhile.

10 Tickets: Alma, Exdeath #2, Shadow, Gold Refia 3 (Really, Gumi? :/), Gold Roselia 2 (REALLY, Gumi? :/), Kain, Luna, Jack, Medius, Jack.

Running Noctis, Exdeath, Arc, Jack, Jack, Friend gives me 214 + 428 w/ an Ace friend or 214 + 375 w/ a Seven friend. That helped speed things up big time.

I have yet to encounter a Doublicorn though. IDK if I'll be able to beat it without an elemental weakness to exploit.

bonkeng

Daily got me Trey. Atleast farming got a little bit easier.

Currently holding 60 tix. Never held this much tickets ever before :/

Xion86

Wow around 17 pulls this banner and not got one Type-0 unit yet, that's very, very odd :/. Not sure how much I want to keep going as I'm saving a lot of tickets up. I'll stick to dailies and see how I get on.

Damn bonkeng! That's a lot, I'd love to save up that much, I've got 25.

Alkez

Daily got me Trey. Atleast farming got a little bit easier.

Currently holding 60 tix. Never held this much tickets ever before :/
Wow around 17 pulls this banner and not got one Type-0 unit yet, that's very, very odd :/. Not sure how much I want to keep going as I'm saving a lot of tickets up. I'll stick to dailies and see how I get on.

Damn bonkeng! That's a lot, I'd love to save up that much, I've got 25.

I had 56 before I started rage pulling lol. It seems the rate of banner units is very low this banner. Not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom