• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to get my Seven up to speed so I can share her with you guys

Not quite sure how to build her yet though

I dont exactly have the best support/mage TMs at the moment since Ive been focused on physical for the past month

Kouriozan

Spawn rate that horrible? I did like 6 runs yesterday and found 2. Had crap bonus characters; Trey, Jack, Seven. Basically was a waste.

I'm just very very unlucky in general, but yes I had so much trouble finding Gigantuars in the FF XIII event before they buffed the encounter rates, and now with this event I spent about 400 NRG in and still no Doublicorn.

mstevens

Still no Doublicorn and I must Libra it
Oh boy I'm getting Gigantuars flashback where I didn't see one in 5 days @-@

What's the benefit of libra-ing all monsters? I've seen this mentioned a few times. I don't see a trophy for it.

Edit: gotcha

Had a series of flights last night, which was nice because I could keep napping and landing just in time for my NRG to be refilled ;)

Muku

are we sure double popcorn exists, GUMI must be pulling a trick on me again

The Double Popcorn does exist. Ran into it two runs in a row yesterday on my alt account before work. I was like WTF. Why can't it show up in my main. Then last night before bed it showed up in a run for my main account. It's an ugly SOB. And a pain in the ass. But it does exist.

Edit: Should note I hate fucking finding them though. I like the 1k bonus, but really, the shit they put you through, especially while dragging along bonus character(s), it blows ass.

c-murph

Not sure if serious. But that's like, 175% bonus. While I only have Trey as a bonus unit O_O

I was serious. It wasn't much of a boost in the bonus department. Not talking FFXIII horrible though. But at least I had a full team of bonus units for the other bonus banners. I'm not pulling that much any more because trying to conserve lapis and tickets for rikku and other misc characters. I only pulled a few tickets for this banner just for a couple bonus units so my runs aren't a complete waste. Seven was a friend unit.

The Double Popcorn does exist. Ran into it two runs in a row yesterday on my alt account before work. I was like WTF. Why can't it show up in my main. Then last night before bed it showed up in a run for my main account. It's an ugly SOB. And a pain in the ass. But it does exist.

Edit: Should note I hate fucking finding them though. I like the 1k bonus, but really, the shit they put you through, especially while dragging along bonus character(s), it blows ass.

I agree. They demolished my team of low level bonus characters. Still survived with Lightning and Elza help though.

sammich

I made a post about it on Reddit. 24 runs of Vajra and nothing. After I made that post I get one immediately. I had Ace with me as a friend and I had pulled a jack. So that helped. Either way, im having some horrible luck or the chance is really low(lower than before)

eggydoo

I'm just very very unlucky in general, but yes I had so much trouble finding Gigantuars in the FF XIII event before they buffed the encounter rates, and now with this event I spent about 400 NRG in and still no Doublicorn.

I run into them more often on ELT than PRO.

Had about 4 of them spawn for me on ELT.

Looking at my monster stats, I've beaten Varja 55 times and have beaten a doublicorn 5 times. I thought I had seen it more, but that's what it says.

So that's a 9% rate, which seems to be in line with past events. But it sounds like I might be in the lucky lane for once, compared to others posting here.

Takuan

Penelo yesterday. Fran today.

Gosh sarnit.

No Doublicorn sightings yet for me, but have mainly been doing Pro (dunno if that makes a difference). Looked up its stats and unsure I could beat it consistently, anyway.

I probably ran the event around 20 times yesterday.

I made a post about it on Reddit. 24 runs of Vajra and nothing. After I made that post I get one immediately. I had Ace with me as a friend and I had pulled a jack. So that helped. Either way, im having some horrible luck or the chance is really low(lower than before)

Whats the best way to deal with Doublicorn?

sammich

My team currently for ELT is:
Luneth - 591 ATK
Chizuru - DW, 517 ATK
Gilgamesh - Genji, 755 ATK(currently equipped with Chir- Fire katana(too lazy to change it, kinda nerfes my DMG output in this map)
Trey - lvl 38/40, unequipped, don't care(provoked doubleicorn)
Exdeath - 519 mag
First round all I did was debuff him with every spell possible. So deshell, imperil, deprotect. I even used Luneths Advance skill to buff himself. My chizus and Gilgamesh didn't do anything as they don't have anything. End turn, double does nothing and then I go all out.
Exdeath - think I used dual meteor(otherwise it would have been thundaga)
Luneth - cut through
Gilgamesh - Divider
Trey - manual
Chizuru - phantom shadow

And he's dead.

Of course I had Ace who did something as well.
Either way, once you buff you should be good.

I'm not sure how much this helps as i have a pretty decent group, so I can make to not give asuch of a F as I should most of the time

Eidjinn

FYI Speed Plus is an easy (and cheap) way to get four Evade abilities in the Akademeia event

With the right unit (Lighting or Noctis) and the right TMs (20 sided dice), you can essentially become invincible to physical attacks. Ita an obnoxious combo in Arena.

Here is a solo run on Akademeia ELT using Lighting with 4 Speed Plus abilities and I am only defending in the first waves; basically you will be virtually 100% evade all physical attacks (it will however take damage from magic and abilities, so it can't solo the boss).

In this example I also have 20 sided dice, Vampire Cloak, and Ring of Lucii equipped (the Holy counter allows for quick MP recovery).

Here is a Gfycat link for the first wave of ELT (@6X Speed) completely beaten with only defending, and not getting hit once with over a hundred hits.

6D7zYpd.gif

Edit: even without near 100% evade with TMs, just the 4 Speed Plus abilities is incredibly useful as you can still evade most attacks (for instance for D. Fina that can counter physical attacks).

That was awesome! I got those speed tms to test it myself!

Wonder if I can solo this event with just Noctis + speed tms!

Also, does Doublicorn have anyn weaknesses? Took a beautiful beating from him, whilve running Noctis (650 attack) and Gilgamesh (600 attack).

I need to figure out a way to get Dualacorn with only two useful units. I can one shot everything with my LunethNoctis but Dualacorn still had a sliver of health from them so he kills two instantly and if it's one of them I'm doomed. Bring my Exdeath along just in case but want to drop him for a 3rd bonus unit.

I put Golem and Mirage Vest on my Seven (which I'm sharing, btw).

First round: Seven uses provoke, everyone else defend. Doublicorn does nothing.

Second round: Seven casts Mirage. Everyone else goes all out. If Doublicorn is still alive, he should attack Seven but Mirage means she takes no damage.

Third round: all out attack. Doublicorn is toast and you got through unscathed. I have yet to receive a point of damage from it in 6 meetings now.

Never mind My Elza just destroys it all by herself geez

Doublicorn is nothing

OH!

Can those of you with Ace please put Dual Weild instead of Double Cast

Wild Card hits twice with Dual Weild (like sunbeam) and would be far more useful to help me clear the boss with the highest possible bonus

THANKS!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- running this event with 2 bonus units (my trey and someone else's seven) spit out 400+ phantoma. now, I wouldn't be able to take a doublecorn so I'd let it run away but this is def the way to go.

-- I'll do dailies on this banner, I guess. But I think I'm done using tickets. After spending 5ish im back up to 29.

-- quick TM update: I have Sakurafubuki, blade mastery, and a Bracer sitting all around 40%, with a seal of destruction just behind at 20%. Noctis gonna be a real muthafukka here in a couple weeks. REAL MFFERR

sammich

How am I supposed to defeat bas-relief? It's taking ages! I cure the blindness but I'm doing no damage.

Nuke em with spells, fire, firaga etc(any element). They have way too high defense to get around unless you have some big 700+ ATK guys

Valentus

So, the unit ranking for max 6star units is up in the Playbook.

The criteria i used in this first version for scaling:

STATS (only base stats without passives or equip)

HP

E: 3299 or low HP
D: 3300 - 3499
C: 3500 - 3699
B: 3700 - 3799
A: 3800 - 3999
S: 4000 - 4199
SS: 4200 and up

MP

D: 210 or low MP
C: 211 - 219
B: 220 - 229
A: 230 - 249
S: 250 - 259
SS: 260 and up MP

ATK

D: 139 or low ATK
C: 140 - 149
B: 150 - 159
A: 160 - 169
S: 170 - 179
SS: 180 and so ATK

DEF

D: 129 or low DEF
C: 139 - 130
B: 140 - 149
A: 150 - 159
S: 160- 169
SS: 170 and more DEF

MAG

D: 139 or low MAG
SS: 180 and more MAG

SPR

D: 139 or low SPR
SS: 180 and more SPR

DAMAGE SKILLS

Damage skills is a total arbitrary ranking, but it can be standarized after asking the following questions:

1.- Total % (after DEF/SPR reduction) of most powerfull skill
2.- Number of alternative damaging skills the unit has
3.- The unit has only neutral skills? or only elemental skills? or both? (Yes to third alternative is more score than yes to first and second)

SUPPORT SKILLS

Support skills is a total arbitrary ranking, but it can be standarized after asking the following questions:

1.- The unit can heal? If answer is YES, what is the quality of the healing? (cura lvl? curaja lvl?, ST cure? AoE cure?, can it be dualcasted?)

2.- The unit can revive? If answer is YES, what is the quality of revive? (raise? reraise? ST raise? AoE raise? can it be dualcasted or dualcast the revive and a healing skill?)

3.- The unit can tank? If answer is yes, what is the success of tanking skills?

4.- The unit can clear ailments? How he/she clear ailments? (ST, AoE, All ailments in a single skill, only some ailments. Only to party members? Or enemies too?)

5.- Does it have unique suport skills? (Bartz Sacrifice for example)

BUFF SKILLS

SS: +45% or more to all status
S: +40% to all status
A: Embolden, deep blue, or similar
B: Cheer, Focus or similar
C: Any buff lower to B,A,S,SS
D: Zero buff skills

DEBUFF SKILLS

SS: Can debuff Stats, inflict ailments and elemental resistance
S: Full break or 50% or more debuff to 3 or 2 stats or elemental resistance
A: 40% debuff to a stat or elemental resistance and inflict ailments
B: Can inflict ailments but no debuff to stat or elemental resistance
C: any debuff skill lower than B,A,S,SS
D: Zero debuff skills

LIMIT BREAK

The usefulness of the LB is arbitraty, but if the skill is good AND has fast lb charge, is S or SS ranking. If the LB is good but unit doesnt have fast lb charge (innate or via skills) the LB max ranking is A.

Is a LB is good or awesome but takes more than the standard 16 LB crystals to charge and doesnt have fast lb charge, the max ranking is B (see noctis LB ranking)

This is the first version i it needs to be polished more, but i expect your thoughs.

Rixa

^^
Nice guide :)

Ace has really fast limit break. When I tested how high damage it can do to Belmodar, his LB was usually ready after first enemy, if not then after 2nd. On the other hand, Noctis limit break takes ages and I rarely get to use it.

evangd007

Wow around 17 pulls this banner and not got one Type-0 unit yet, that's very, very odd :/. Not sure how much I want to keep going as I'm saving a lot of tickets up. I'll stick to dailies and see how I get on.

Damn bonkeng! That's a lot, I'd love to save up that much, I've got 25.

Wow, I've done 7 pulls with no Type-0 and I thought that was bad. Daily pull was a Terra, so I've pulled 3 FFIV units so far this banner. I really want to pick up Seven, but don't necessarily want to dip too much into my ticket stash. Sitting on 50 to pull on I-don't-really-know-what-maybe-FFXII in future.

Question: Why don't they give event units an arena-style stat boost for their event in addition to the increased drop rate?

dubc35

Noob question: how do you enter the Colosseum?

I've been there and talk to everyone but no dice. The wiki says you can enter it from the home page but I don't see anything along the bottom or the top icons.

Skii

Is there really no way to level up your characters without using metal cactaurs? The story is destroying me and the only way I've been able to make progress is thanks to lv 80 friend's characters. All mine are stuck around 20-30 and beating stuff like the Frost dragon gets me very little exp.

Valentus

Is there really no way to level up your characters without using metal cactaurs? The story is destroying me and the only way I've been able to make progress is thanks to lv 80 friend's characters. All mine are stuck around 20-30 and beating stuff like the Frost dragon gets me very little exp.

Memories of the Aquapolis PRO gives you 192k exp... if you fight the 72 fights of the whole exploration.

With a power noctis friend and only the unit you want to lvl you can get 192k exp for your unit each 50 mins. You need to stack with ethers and turbo ethers though.

Memories of the Aquapolis PRO gives you 192k exp... if you fight the 72 fights of the whole exploration.

With a power noctis friend and only the unit you want to lvl you can get 192k exp for your unit each 50 mins. You need to stack with ethers and turbo ethers though.

Pair with growth eggs for maximum awesome

Noob question: how do you enter the Colosseum?

I've been there and talk to everyone but no dice. The wiki says you can enter it from the home page but I don't see anything along the bottom or the top icons.

It's in the arena section. Go there and you will see the button to enter the colloseum in the upper right, next to the "medals & exchanges" button.

Skii

I struggled to complete it on INT lol. No way I can do PRO. Really sucks that I cant do story until the metal cactuar event comes round. Terrible game design. No other gacha game makes it this difficult to level up characters.

So does the event bonus stack? I have 2 Treys that Im thinking of rolling with to get some bonus but it doesn't appear that it makes a difference?

Nevermind, I'm seeing the difference now!

Valentus

I struggled to complete it on INT lol. No way I can do PRO. Really sucks that I cant do story until the metal cactuar event comes round. Terrible game design. No other gacha game makes it this difficult to level up characters.

you dont even have 1 powefull (700+ATK) noctis friend???

Its really easy.

You only have to fight and with noctis cast a flask. Anyone of the three.

If you ran out of MP, use ethers or turbo ethers.

If you dont have ethers, then use noctis point warp. That jump will heal 230-250 MP to noctis and repeat the attacks.

The bosses with noctis are really easy, and majin fina is better.

Really give it a try with the method im telling you, the friend noctis (700+ ATK) can carry you in the whole exploration. You only need patience to fight the 72 times.

Nikokuno

Tried Majin Fina and get destroyed...
1st Turn with Focus × Embolden x Full = Celes Exdeath died? 2nd and 3rd trying to resurrect and health the party but the upcoming damage were deadly.

Group was : Chizuru WOL Celes Exdeath Refia and friend was 800-ish ATK Noctis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom