• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggled to complete it on INT lol. No way I can do PRO. Really sucks that I cant do story until the metal cactuar event comes round. Terrible game design. No other gacha game makes it this difficult to level up characters.

not sure why no one's said to go to the exp vortex chamber but yeah go there.

bring only 1 unit with an OP friend if you wanna fast track one unit

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Re : super low rare encounter rate

kJmVwQQl.png
2ak4BJYl.png

As you can see, no Doublicorn at all (Number 268) and 38 Vajra killed (38 x 13 NRG = 494)

While I do have the Doublicorn, you're more likely to win Bingo vs me. :p

rJ63GS6.jpg

Speaking of which - the Mirage / Provoke trick. That's meant to beat it before Mirage wears off right? My Luneth and Dark Fina can take him down to 1/2 health but then Provoke / Mirage wears off and he goes to town killing my team. Doesn't help that the rest of my Units are there for bonus or that White Knight Noel can't wear the mirage vest.

creid

Is there really no way to level up your characters without using metal cactaurs? The story is destroying me and the only way I've been able to make progress is thanks to lv 80 friend's characters. All mine are stuck around 20-30 and beating stuff like the Frost dragon gets me very little exp.
Go to Vortex > Vortex of Desires > Chamber of Experience. If you bring a 5 person team (and one friend) the XP will be split 5 ways. If you want to level up a single unit quickly, make them the only unit on the team and bring a strong friend unit, so that your one unit will get all the XP. Spending 15 energy gets about 30,000 xp (or 6,000 each if you bring 5 units). I don't remember how much XP the lower level gives, but they're less efficient IIRC.

Skii

not sure why no one's said to go to the exp vortex chamber but yeah go there.

bring only 1 unit with an OP friend if you wanna fast track one unit

Go to Vortex > Vortex of Desires > Chamber of Experience. If you bring a 5 person team (and one friend) the XP will be split 5 ways. If you want to level up a single unit quickly, make them the only unit on the team and bring a strong friend unit, so that your one unit will get all the XP. Spending 15 energy gets about 30,000 xp (or 6,000 each if you bring 5 units). I don't remember how much XP the lower level gives, but they're less efficient IIRC.

Yeah okay I'll try that out. I need to bump each character by at least 20 levels I think to be comfortable again. The problem is also awakening resets the level making it even harder.

Eidjinn

This is invaluable info at the beginning.

mstevens

To add to this (since I just went through this myself)

Once you get to Windy Heights (West) in the story and unlock the exploration stage, you can go in there with a strong companion unit and leave with 65,000 to split for your party or for one person if that's all you bring.. and for only 13 NRG.

You need to grind the bottom area until you get 3117 Gil and then grind the top area until you have 8814 (or something close to that) gil (and by Gil, I mean earned Gil for that run). Then just beat the boss.

I recommend using friend Noctis units. The small birds can poison and the big birds can stone, so I usually had Noctis use fire flasks on them (and gave him use point warp to get the mp back before you drop below 60).

Edit: on a side note, it is such a bummer to accidentally enter the PRO or ELT event with my TM team. Totally my fault, but grrrr.

Valentus

To add to this (since I just went through this myself)

Once you get to Windy Heights (West) in the story and unlock the exploration stage, you can go in there with a strong companion unit and leave with 65,000 to split for your party or for one person if that's all you bring.. and for only 13 NRG.

You need to grind the bottom area until you get 3117 Gil and then grind the top area until you have 8814 (or something close to that) gil (and by Gil, I mean earned Gil for that run). Then just beat the boss.

I recommend using friend Noctis units. The small birds can poison and the big birds can stone, so I usually had Noctis use fire flasks on them (and gave him use point warp to get the mp back before you drop below 60).

for that better do memories of aquapolis PRO. 192.000 exp for 10 NRG

Valentus

Yeah, it looks like the crashes ended. So for new players should run the aquapolis PRO. With a noctis friend is super easy. It just take time.

Azuran

Banned
I have added a highly relevant page to the spreadsheet.

Ridiculous ranking. Seven should be in the top 3 just for her low HP sprite.

Also no Elza in the ranking smh. She and Fencer are the forbidden waifus only a few are allowed to have, so that gives them that aura no one else can replicate.

You guys need to step up your waifu game. I've have watched anime about idols so I'm certain my knowledge when it comes to this is top notch.

God dammit I just rolled a Dark Fina on my dummy reroll. Thought I'd give it a shot and see what happens. Now I'm torn...I really want to reroll for a Noctis.

Quonny

Delete that waifu tier list. If you want people to take this seriously you can't have that list on the spreadsheet.

Because it's so incorrect.

Azuran

Banned
waifu ranking will be deleted unless we get a husbando ranking on the same page CHINNER

i nominate: noctis, kuja, cecil

Noctis is the only one that matters. Anyone who doesn't have him as their husbando has issues they need to talk to a psychologist with.

However, I will admit Nichol is pretty dreamy himself. I love his "I don't give a crap" attitude with a heart of gold.

Ok I don't understand the reroll. I have to play the tutorial every time? I planned on just messing around and checking out the Nox scripts for rerolling but I am not clear on how to do this. Also, my first time, I didn't get 10 full tickets?

Ken

Ok I don't understand the reroll. I have to play the tutorial every time? I planned on just messing around and checking out the Nox scripts for rerolling but I am not clear on how to do this. Also, my first time, I didn't get 10 full tickets?

1. Yes you have to play tutorial up to when you get your FP summon. The macro will do all that and the pulls and stop at the unit menu.

2. Ticket count varies depending on if they have a promotion with extra tickets. Probably nothing going on right now.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The unit ranking is super interesting, Valentus!

-- Dark Fina being that high surprises me, as does Gilgamesh.

-- Ace and Seven rankings surprise me, but I haven't really looked at them at all. Just kinda surprising we're getting units that rank that high on this banner. Maybe I should keep pulling?

-- i'm gonna change the colors n shit

Valentus

The unit ranking is super interesting, Valentus!

-- Dark Fina being that high surprises me, as does Gilgamesh.

-- Ace and Seven rankings surprise me, but I haven't really looked at them at all. Just kinda surprising we're getting units that rank that high on this banner. Maybe I should keep pulling?

-- i'm gonna change the colors n shit

in last page i posted all the method to how i based my ranking. Maybe you should create a new window in the spreadsheet with the explanation?

Seven with TMs is super interesting, physical and magical. Her big BIG drawback is:

-She cant equip good weapons for phys damage
-she cant equip robes for lordly robe goodness

But you can build something interesting here.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I just dropped 3 tickets and got Krile, Zidane (my 5th), and Jack! My 2nd banner unit.

I already dropped Cecil for Trey. Now the question is whether I can drop Refia for Jack. I bet as long as I have a strong friend I can.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
in last page i posted all the method to how i based my ranking. Maybe you should create a new window in the spreadsheet with the explanation?

Seven with TMs is super interesting, physical and magical. Her big BIG drawback is:

-She cant equip good weapons for phys damage
-she cant equip robes for lordly robe goodness

But you can build something interesting here.

yeah i saw the explanation and totally agree with it.

Valentus

I just dropped 3 tickets and got Krile, Zidane (my 5th), and Jack! My 2nd banner unit.

I already dropped Cecil for Trey. Now the question is whether I can drop Refia for Jack. I bet as long as I have a strong friend I can.

you can do a 5 scrub party with only one noctis friend.

rounds 1 to 4: thunder flask

Boss: Fire flask, if the enemy gets palsy, you won. If not got palsy, usually he will jump. Defend with all your units. The damage would not be high because with fire flask you 99% blinded him. Repeat fire flask until paralized.

If you encounter doublicorn:

- Provoke with one of your units (if you can do the mirage vest provoke combo better.)
- attack with all your units (normal attacks) and LAST, use noctis fire flask for combo. If doublicorn gets sleep, only cast fire flask on the next turns (that wont awake him). If not, repeat until sleep.

Thats the way to win with one noctis and 5 scrubs.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- i actually just pulled a 2nd jack, meaning i have 3 event units now! i'll try that, valentus.

-- speaking of provoke, does anyone have a good how-to-spend-your-esper-points guide? i've leveled mine all up to 2*s and they're all in the mid 20s at this point (except diabolos and carbuncle) and i haven't used any points since their 2nd star.

1. Yes you have to play tutorial up to when you get your FP summon. The macro will do all that and the pulls and stop at the unit menu.

2. Ticket count varies depending on if they have a promotion with extra tickets. Probably nothing going on right now.
Okcool, thank you for the clarification. I tried the macro and it didn't seem to be working but perhaps I am missing something or copied it wrong.

Oh one more question. Resetting the data. As I understand it I log out, return to title, play, then login with my dummy Facebook and overwrite?

Ken

Okcool, thank you for the clarification. I tried the macro and it didn't seem to be working but perhaps I am missing something or copied it wrong.

Oh one more question. Resetting the data. As I understand it I log out, return to title, play, then login with my dummy Facebook and overwrite?

yeah something like that

is your resolution matching

Thanks, Panther. This is fantastic.

I booted more non-GAF peeps, added my ID to the Playbook and sent requests to everyone on there that I wasn't already friends with (except crazyivan19, Lyrian and Eidjinn - Friend Capicity D:). If we aren't friends yet, please shoot me an add! I want to eventually have all 130 slots be GAFers, :p.

-- running this event with 2 bonus units (my trey and someone else's seven) spit out 400+ phantoma. now, I wouldn't be able to take a doublecorn so I'd let it run away but this is def the way to go.

-- I'll do dailies on this banner, I guess. But I think I'm done using tickets. After spending 5ish im back up to 29.

-- quick TM update: I have Sakurafubuki, blade mastery, and a Bracer sitting all around 40%, with a seal of destruction just behind at 20%. Noctis gonna be a real muthafukka here in a couple weeks. REAL MFFERR
I'm right there with ya, buddy.

After these finish, I'll just need to get one more solid TM for him and he'll be basically done. ^_^

-- i actually just pulled a 2nd jack, meaning i have 3 event units now! i'll try that, valentus.

-- speaking of provoke, does anyone have a good how-to-spend-your-esper-points guide? i've leveled mine all up to 2*s and they're all in the mid 20s at this point (except diabolos and carbuncle) and i haven't used any points since their 2nd star.

go for abilities, useful spells, passives first

then whatever else after

Awesome job with the spreadsheet guys! Like Adawg says, pretty much everyone has hit max capacity already haha I cleared out some non-gaffers so if I surprisingly don't have you yet (Ivan and Panther come to mind) then feel free to add me. I placed my ID in the spreadsheet. Just one more note on this end, I'm sure there are lurkers that never post here checking the sheet and I'm going to prioritize posters I recognize first.

Also, join me in the camp that doesn't think Double Popcorns exist. Too many runs on nothing but ELT and haven't seen it...

Valentus has pro tips for every damn scenario, you're too awesome my friend.

How am I supposed to defeat bas-relief? It's taking ages! I cure the blindness but I'm doing no damage.
Magic reks them but physical damage is bad. Just cast elemental magic and you're good to go.
Yeah okay I'll try that out. I need to bump each character by at least 20 levels I think to be comfortable again. The problem is also awakening resets the level making it even harder.

I was going to recommend the solo ADV vortex if you can't handle the explorations but Valentus gave some sage advice on Aquapolis exploration. In any case, I've power leveled my share of units with the vortex when there wasn't a nice event to exploit and it works well since even if you're level 1, you're friend unit will decimate the enemies and they don't claim any of the xp.

As for the difficulty and balance in story mode, it's actually excellent. I mentioned this to another newbie and basically what's happening is you guys are coming in when a decent amount of story missions are available and are rushing through them without doing much else in the game which makes sense because we keep telling you guys to do story. What we're forgetting and you guys may not be aware of is that when the game hit, we've only been getting one story chunk a month so it's easy to get your units leveled and geared before the new story content and progress over time. Since you guys have so much story available, when you hit the brick wall in difficulty, it's time to focus on other aspects of the game, namely leveling your units and awakening them. It looks as though you've already figured that out but just wanted to speak to the game's difficulty and accessibility. Once you get a full team that's leveled up, you won't ever run into this problem again. You'll crush each new story section, easily like the rest of us. Patience, my friend! You'll get there!

Valentus

So after this event, the events (and gachas) in the horizon that could happen are:

Secret of Mana (sigh...) : That is a mog king event, so unlikely to happen next week
FFZero Part 2 (the good one) : Mog King event too, so it wont happen next week either

Final Fantasy II event (CHILLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY) : That is a exploration event. Its my bet to happen because ariana-sama is a event for a free unit. But the FF2 event is too powerfull. Emperor and Marie are 2 units thats still too broken for today's meta (Marie is a SSS unit according to my new ranking). Also would be a horrendous banner because its a 6 unit banner (Emperor (5) , Marie (5), Shine (4), Leonhart (4), Guy (3), Shiera (3), AND upgrade for Maria and Firion) unless gumi extends the event for 2 weeks and make 2 separate banners, like the FFTactics... That would make sense.

FFTactics 2 (!) : Thats also a mogking event, and surely the event that would make much gaffers quit the game after not getting orlandu :(

So next week is FF2 or a custom banner (for ariana grande event), or i dont know.... mogcakes.

Wait, the Type-0 2 banner has it's own event? I thought it'd be next week to piggy back off of this current event, allowing more bonus units and giving people further incentive to pull. Hmm if that's the case you're right because they don't do two moogle events in a row. In that case, either FF II or a curve ball relating to Grande Burrito like you said.

Also, with Shintoki banned, we should see if we can have Shouta add the new spreadsheet to the OP whenever he's around.

Shouta

Rare Currency masters are always pure chance. I ran into 5 in a row during the Kingsglaive event in JP. Prior currency event, I didn't see 1 in 50, lol

Hey Shouta, would you mind adding the new spreadsheet (link a few posts above) to the OP since Shintoki is banned? Could add something to the lines of "Exvius GAF Playbook: A catch-all informative document listing GAF user IDs, tips for beginners, tips on composing your team, unit rankings and more!"

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hey guys. Just starting this game and it seems like there's a lot to take in. First thing is first below is what I rolled. Who should I be focusing on in terms of leveling? I know some of these guys can be awakened to 5* so just curious. Secondly, I'm looking at the beginner's guide and stuff on reddit to learn but what should be my main objective just starting out. Focusing on leveling? farming for mats to forge? just looking for a direction as GBF is fairly easy on what to focus on which is the weapon grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom