• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Welcome kayos! As Panther said, we have recently put together a guide which will really help and still working on to improve further. Hope you enjoy the game and we can try to answer any questions you have :).

You have Cecil which is great, but hopefully you haven't linked your Facebook account yet, as you can try reroll for better units while you can.

Shouta

Done.

Looking at the "Units to Safely Trash" tab. Having 1 of Lani's Equip Axe and Penelo's Equip Dagger would be good. No reason to aim for them but if you get them via pulling a ridiculous amount of them, then it's all good.

Equip Axe is useful if you have Mercedes' TM, the Viking Axe. It's one of the few weapons that's Water Element and high damage. There are only two others that notable ones with both conditions. Fraternity (Tidus' TM) and the Water Spirit's Sword (Camille's TM). If you manage to pick up Tidus, you can equip do Equip Axe and then give him Mercedes' Viking Axe so he can immediately go Limit Burst -> Quick Trick instead of having to do Jecht Shot to get water element. It'll work as substitutde until you can get his TM. You can then equip the materia and axe to another character after you get Fraternity. You'll have then have a Chainer that can work with Tidus to deal big damage and take advantage of his LB's Water Resistance debuff.

Equip Dagger is useful when Abel's Cowboy Knife comes out. There are a few characters that can't equip daggers thus can't make use of this, like Orlandu. It's better to equip the Cowboy Knife on someone that can equip daggers naturally but having this option can be helpful.

Valentus

Hey guys. Just starting this game and it seems like there's a lot to take in. First thing is first below is what I rolled. Who should I be focusing on in terms of leveling? I know some of these guys can be awakened to 5* so just curious. Secondly, I'm looking at the beginner's guide and stuff on reddit to learn but what should be my main objective just starting out. Focusing on leveling? farming for mats to forge? just looking for a direction as GBF is fairly easy on what to focus on which is the weapon grid.

Thats... not a good start. If you cant reroll, then switch Lasswell for Roselia. Maybe Rydia for Kain... Eventually youll get better units.

The tickets you got use them in the Dark Fina banner until you get Luka. Then save your lapis and tickets for a better banner.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Have you considered making a dummy FB account? Just logout of your current one and continue rerolling, then once you get something good link it to your dummy FB.

Eh. I already tied it to my personal FB acct and I'm not really down for making a dummy acct. Is this acct just THAT bad?

mstevens

Still can't decide if I want to chase Luka. The thought of hunting one unit is a little scary.

Are there any other good healers coming down the pipeline soon?

Ken

Still can't decide if I want to chase Luka. The thought of hunting one unit is a little scary.

Are there any other good healers coming down the pipeline soon?

refia is 4* base in the current pool who is probably better than luka with dualcast

tillith is 4* base and she'll probably get put in a banner again when she gets her 6* (i hope)

rem is 5* base type0

y'shtola is...free event character i think???

we'll all stop playing this game by the time ayaka comes out

Azuran

Banned
Eh. I already tied it to my personal FB acct and I'm not really down for making a dummy acct. Is this acct just THAT bad?

You don't need to reroll but you might need to pull more often in order to fill up holes you need. So that means Daily Pull every day and using tickets if you can. It's not that hard getting good units to play around with especially in the very beginning of the game when anything is fine. It's not like you're going to be tackling end game events anytime soon.

Raika

It's not the worst, but could be a lot better. Most people who reroll aim for a good 5* base at least, as it's the only way of guaranteeing a solid unit considering how awful 5* rates are in this game.

The only future proof units from your screenshot are Cecil, who is an excellent tank, and Firion who becomes a top tier DPS unit in future, but only truly shines with TM investment.

Your life would be a lot easier if you started with a good 5* unit, namely Noctis, Luneth, Lightning, Gilgamesh or Dark Fina. Ultimately it's up to you whether want to reroll for them, which might end up taking ages considering how only Dark Fina is on rate up now.

Also if you're gonna stick with your current account please don't fuse one Cecil into the other, multiple Excaliburs is a good thing. :eek:

Kayos,

Going with that account, Cecil is an awesome pull that's a top tank in the game who also has one of the best Trust Mastery Rewards (TMR or TM). The latter quality is why it's nice you pulled two. You'll be able to acquire two Excaliburs in the long wrong if you ever TM farm which is great.

Rydia should be serviceable as a mage for now and Firion will be a nice unit soon when he gets his 6* during the FFII banner. That might even be what's coming next week but we're not sure yet. The default characters, Rain and Laswell should get their 6* soon too and Rain will be an awesome support unit when that happens with Laswell being a solid DPS unit until you get something better. Roselia is a decent healer to start out with. What are the other 11 units we can't see?

Done.

Thanks!

kayos90

Kayos,

Going with that account, Cecil is an awesome pull that's a top tank in the game who also has one of the best Trust Mastery Rewards (TMR or TM). The latter quality is why it's nice you pulled two. You'll be able to acquire two Excaliburs in the long wrong if you ever TM farm which is great.

Rydia should be serviceable as a mage for now and Firion will be a nice unit soon when he gets his 6* during the FFII banner. That might even be what's coming next week but we're not sure yet. The default characters, Rain and Laswell should get their 6* soon too and Rain will be an awesome support unit when that happens with Laswell being a solid DPS unit until you get something better. Roselia is a decent healer to start out with. What are the other 11 units we can't see?

Below 3*

EDIT: Thanks for all the info. I guess for now then I should use the Two Cecil, Firion, Roselia, and Rydia for my party?

Skii

I was going to recommend the solo ADV vortex if you can't handle the explorations but Valentus gave some sage advice on Aquapolis exploration. In any case, I've power leveled my share of units with the vortex when there wasn't a nice event to exploit and it works well since even if you're level 1, you're friend unit will decimate the enemies and they don't claim any of the xp.

As for the difficulty and balance in story mode, it's actually excellent. I mentioned this to another newbie and basically what's happening is you guys are coming in when a decent amount of story missions are available and are rushing through them without doing much else in the game which makes sense because we keep telling you guys to do story. What we're forgetting and you guys may not be aware of is that when the game hit, we've only been getting one story chunk a month so it's easy to get your units leveled and geared before the new story content and progress over time. Since you guys have so much story available, when you hit the brick wall in difficulty, it's time to focus on other aspects of the game, namely leveling your units and awakening them. It looks as though you've already figured that out but just wanted to speak to the game's difficulty and accessibility. Once you get a full team that's leveled up, you won't ever run into this problem again. You'll crush each new story section, easily like the rest of us. Patience, my friend! You'll get there!

I don't have many good friends because the character I'm sharing is a level 27 Bartz lol. So I don't think I can do the Aquapolis technique.

I will definitely start working on awakening/levelling now so I can push forwards in the story. Thanks for the advice!

Shouta

What do you do with 3* that you guys think are garbage?

Check if their TM rewards are good. If it is keep them. If you like the character keep them. Otherwise, you're free to trash them if you want.

I typically keep a copy of every character in my box but that involves increasing your box space.

kayos90

Alright. Did a few more rolls that I had on hand. I got the following.

- Vaan
- Another Cecil...
- Luka
- Terra
- Faris

Valentus

kayo, seriouslly staph

You got enough good units to advance through the story

Wait for next banner (probably FFII) to summon, dont waste your lapis now.

Quonny

Just listened to the battle theme for the first time today on accident.

Damn this is a good battle theme.

Also, running ADV w/ a friend Type-0 unit + team of basic equipment Type-0 characters all around level 30 is paying massive dividends. Could go for PRO but I need a carry friend and the +50% from a Type-0 friend more than makes up the difference in ADV and PRO.

mstevens

Okay FFBE GAF, I need some TM help. I bit the bullet and chased Luka and got her after 10 tickets plus some great TM units.

My party is now Noctis-Agrias-Exdeath-Snow-Luka. As far as I can tell the only obvious upgrade for now is if I got a Cecil to replace Snow, but I won't chase that. Going to save pretty much all lapis and tickets for the time being (maybe pull daily for Orlandu but won't chase him)

What I'd like to set up is sort of a priority order for TM farming. I'm not going to include my main party because those will come with time.

The obvious ones are Zidane x2 and Gaffgarion.

What else should I prioritize? Looking to make at least two teams to start thinking about.

Montana x2
Trey
Fran
Russell
Artemios
Locke
Hayate x2
Rosa
Paul
Vivi
Maria
Edgar
Rydia
Anzelm
Bart's
Duanne
Rosalia
Kenyu x2
Ollie x3
Golbez
Leo
Lenna
Elle
Eldin x2
Liza
King Giott
Carrie
Skaha
Rizer x5

mstevens

Okay thanks. Anything urgent after that?

Also PSA for everyone running the event. My game has been crashing on iOS after the special event monster. When I boot back up, it just keeps crashing when changing to the next round. If you're having the same issue, I found a work around. When you log back in quickly click menu, options, then back out to the battle. It shouldn't crash anymore that run for whatever reason.

Ken

Okay thanks. Anything urgent after that?

Also PSA for everyone running the event. My game has been crashing on iOS after the special event monster. When I boot back up, it just keeps crashing when changing to the next round. If you're having the same issue, I found a work around. When you log back in quickly click menu, options, then back out to the battle. It shouldn't crash anymore that run for whatever reason.

dunno but that should last you like a month so you'll probably have better units to TM by then

locke has best weapon for CoD i think.

linkent

dunno but that should last you like a month so you'll probably have better units to TM by then

Zidane x 2(dont combine), Garfarion, Hayate, Agrias.

woops seems like i skip not including main unit. just woke up >.<

should really include Agrias.
I never TM Farm till 6 months into the game.
Started with Cecil, 6 months later, he is 37%.

If you really dont want to include(you can set up multiple party with the same units fyi)
then put Locke for his Rising Sun

mstevens

Zidane x 2(dont combine), Garfarion, Hayate, Agrias.

woops seems like i skip not including main unit. just woke up >.<

should really include Agrias.
I never TM Farm till 6 months into the game.
Started with Cecil, 6 months later, he is 37%.

If you really dont want to include(you can set up multiple party with the same units fyi)
then put Locke for his Rising Sun

Okay I'll throw her in there. Thanks!

Muku

All this husbando talk... and no Garland? LOL. + to Kuja and Noctis. I feel like we don't get many good choices right now though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Done.

Looking at the "Units to Safely Trash" tab. Having 1 of Lani's Equip Axe and Penelo's Equip Dagger would be good. No reason to aim for them but if you get them via pulling a ridiculous amount of them, then it's all good.

Equip Axe is useful if you have Mercedes' TM, the Viking Axe. It's one of the few weapons that's Water Element and high damage. There are only two others that notable ones with both conditions. Fraternity (Tidus' TM) and the Water Spirit's Sword (Camille's TM). If you manage to pick up Tidus, you can equip do Equip Axe and then give him Mercedes' Viking Axe so he can immediately go Limit Burst -> Quick Trick instead of having to do Jecht Shot to get water element. It'll work as substitutde until you can get his TM. You can then equip the materia and axe to another character after you get Fraternity. You'll have then have a Chainer that can work with Tidus to deal big damage and take advantage of his LB's Water Resistance debuff.

Equip Dagger is useful when Abel's Cowboy Knife comes out. There are a few characters that can't equip daggers thus can't make use of this, like Orlandu. It's better to equip the Cowboy Knife on someone that can equip daggers naturally but having this option can be helpful.

I agree with these and updated the list.

Shouta

Oh, I should point out the same applies to Equip Spear but only if the 1 year event for GL is the same as the JP one.

During that Moogle event, you could craft a Moogle Spear. When equipped with it, the LB gauge would go up every turn by a little bit. Equip Spear would let you put this on a character like Rikku, who can't equip spears naturally, instead of equipping Jack's TM. It's only 1 Limit Crystal per turn but it's better than nothing in some cases, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom