• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammich

What about 6* rain and 6* Cecil?
My main group currently consists of
Luneth, Gilgamesh, Chizuru, Refia, Cecil, Exdeath. Of course swap in and out depending on if I need a tank/healer.

Xion86

Urgh....I caved in...pulled again...Rainbow...Ace :eek: (I said a few posts above how I'd have really liked him as I played his character the most in Type-0). Okay then...did not expect that to happen.

6om91S8l.png

You should have saved some for Odin, congrats nevertheless!

I haven't bought anything from the Mog Shop yet...;)

I already buffed up my WoL, so I'm in for the long haul. Don't care about 6* Rain at all. They should have released him before I spent too much money on WoL. Just need 6* WoL now....

I'm in the same boat as you regarding WoL; just waiting at max for his 6*, if it ever comes.

Though I am going to evolve Rain to 6*...

I wish I could pull a fucking good unit one of these days. Sick of getting the same old trash!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- daily: GOLD ROSELIA :|

-- "I was told" makes me cringe a little. You gotta be able to do at least some investigation for yourself. You will be a much better player. The playbook is not meant to replace basic gamer wisdom and won't stop you from making mistakes. Exp Vortex gives 31k exp for 15 NRG and takes 1 minute. Maranda Coast gives 60k exp for 12 NRG and takes 20ish minutes. Neither is a great option for units over level 50ish. Truth is leveling units as a complete noob is not meant to be easy. It is time consuming and annoying and part of that stage of the game.

-- This is helpful: https://exviuswiki.com/Best_places_to_farm

-- Xion hit me up anytime.

-- I'm excited we all a big time / top tier breaker but for the record I'm generally against using units that don't give up a TM. :)

Lyrian

Also: FINALLY MOTHERFUCKING ODIN ESPER!!!!

I hate long days with pointless obligations. Meh.

Everyone might want to walk back their expectations about Odin. Note that in the announcement of Part 2, there is no mention of Odin being released. This currently leading to two theories on Reddit:

1) Less likely: Odin is strange in that he is released in two parts on JP. In Zoldaad, only his 1* form is available, with his 2* form in Mysidia. It is possible that for Global, that Odin has been moved entirely to Mysidia.

2) More likely: The story patch is quite early this time around for January. Given that Part 1 for Global is very short, it is plausible that Zoldaad is being broken into three parts. This would suggest that Part 2 will also be very short (which coincides with the very vague news announcement). If that is the case, then Odin and the new Chocobo shop would be very likely be pushed back to Part 3.

*** Looking at the list of remaining zones for Zoldaad (thanks Reddit), the breakout would be:

Part 2 (zones discussed in Part 1, and with the exception of Meeres Valley were in JP Part 1):

Surging Volcano (exploration)
Magitek Weapon Factory
Fire Shrine (exploration)
Meeres Valley

-------- (to be continued) -------------

Part 3: Going to spoiler, just in case someone cares, as these zones are not mentioned in Part 1 and dictate the story's direction past the Fire Shrine.

Industrial Capital Zolaad (city, chocobo shop)
Destroyed Castle (Odin esper hidden zone)
Airship Invincible - Hangar
Airship Invincible - Exterior
Airship Invincible - Interior

Makes too much sense, as I can already envision in my head what the "transition" will be between Parts 2 and 3.

/sigh

Really hope I'm wrong on this. More worrisome, I'm suspicious that this will be the Global model going forward more frequent story updates in smaller chunks while not actually increasing the overall pace of advancing the story.

c-murph

I'm okay with more quicker story updates. It's BS waiting like a month for an update that I finish in a day and have another 30 days to wait for another.

Skii

-- "I was told" makes me cringe a little. You gotta be able to do at least some investigation for yourself. You will be a much better player. The playbook is not meant to replace basic gamer wisdom and won't stop you from making mistakes. Exp Vortex gives 31k exp for 15 NRG and takes 1 minute. Maranda Coast gives 60k exp for 12 NRG and takes 20ish minutes. Neither is a great option for units over level 50ish. Truth is leveling units as a complete noob is not meant to be easy. It is time consuming and annoying and part of that stage of the game.

Well I did investigate and it doesn't make any sense why it would be so difficult to level your units so that's why I asked on here since everyone has a lot more experience than I have.

I just can't really comprehend how someone at a low rank like I am (18) can be completely shut down by the game thanks to the ridiculous difficulty in levelling your units. I've never experienced that in a gacha game so I was quite confused. Usually, you have less energy as a new player but levelling up your rank (therefore replenishing stamina) is so easy that you can effectively keep playing until you hypothetically reach around rank 40/50 where at that point stamina management becomes an issue. But by then, your units are at a high enough level that you can use stamina wisely.

mstevens

Well I did investigate and it doesn't make any sense why it would be so difficult to level your units so that's why I asked on here since everyone has a lot more experience than I have.

I just can't really comprehend how someone at a low rank like I am (18) can be completely shut down by the game thanks to the ridiculous difficulty in levelling your units. I've never experienced that in a gacha game so I was quite confused. Usually, you have less energy as a new player but levelling up your rank (therefore replenishing stamina) is so easy that you can effectively keep playing until you hypothetically reach around rank 40/50 where at that point stamina management becomes an issue. But by then, your units are at a high enough level that you can use stamina wisely.

Gaf companion characters should be able to run you through the story up until the village of ambel. You'll hit a wall there and then need to choose if you want to do exp vortex (I don't recommend because it isn't effecient, unless you need to burn NRG before bed or something), do the dark fina event on pro and grind to get max xp (by far the most NRG efficient but takes a long time), or the easiest for me was running Windy Heights (west). If you didn't see my post how to do it, it's a couple pages back or I can explain it again if you can't find it.

I've been playing for two weeks so I get what you're saying, but it's manageable and gets better.

Syntsui

Urgh....I caved in...pulled again...Rainbow...Ace :eek: (I said a few posts above how I'd have really liked him as I played his character the most in Type-0). Okay then...did not expect that to happen.

6om91S8l.png

I haven't bought anything from the Mog Shop yet...;)
Thank God another Ace to use, congratulations to us all lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I already buffed up my WoL, so I'm in for the long haul. Don't care about 6* Rain at all. They should have released him before I spent too much money on WoL. Just need 6* WoL now....

Actually i might do the same and just wait for WoL 6* version - with Cecil/WoL/Refia 6* i dont think i will have many uses for Rain. Mine is only 4* anyway.

Syntsui

We will get 6* WOL in two months at the latest. After that Rain will be useless again, don't worry guys.

You made the right investment.

Chinner

Banned
We will get 6* WOL in two months at the latest. After that Rain will be useless again, don't worry guys.

You made the right investment.
Rain is actually a nice unit for new players. Obviously invested players will have good tanks already, but you can't complain considering Rain is free.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

You're talking about a few different things here, and I do want to help.

[ ] "why it would be so difficult to level units" -- I mean, it's not difficult. It's time consuming and intentionally so. At rank 18 you've probably been playing for a couple weeks? three maybe? Because:

[ ] "completely shut down by the game" -- what does this mean? which part of the game are you having trouble with? you do know that you should not be leveling units for the sake of it, right? are you at a spot in the story quests where you cannot advance because you don't have a good enough team? will leveling those units actually help you pass that stage?

[ ] leveling rank to replenish NRG (which you are calling stamina here) -- the nrg refresh rate is actually pretty fast (12 per hour) and the low cap is designed to keep you logging in. very valid complaint here. but the real issue is NRG efficiency, not ranking up/refilling stamina. again it's just a fact that you are going to waste nrg until you get to a decent rank.

[ ] i'm not sure why you're conflating leveling rank with leveling unit experience.

[ ] my gut says you're focusing on leveling units (which units?) when your focus should be elsewhere, probably finishing as much of the story as possible. i could be wrong! if it is literally the only thing you can focus on now based on where you're at in the meta game -- and there is a period of time we've all gone through just like this -- then your best bet is to buckle down and deal. The next part of the meta game is even harder.

The early game energy cap remains the most obnoxious part of this game, even at rank 30.

Seriously. TM farming and getting that going overnight is the first most important step to getting the most out of your NRG. I'm rank 70 now and still couldn't sleep 8 hours without wasting nrg.

creid

Is 6* Rain better than current 5* Agrias? I'm mainly just using her for Full Break and Bladeblitzing to help out in the Arena.

EDarkness

Rain is actually a nice unit for new players. Obviously invested players will have good tanks already, but you can't complain considering Rain is free.

True. Not complaining, just stating that I've already invested a lot in WoL, so Rain isn't something I want to invest all that much in. I'll probably get him to 6* and work on him slowly, though. I don't have many characters to level now so I can burn energy by sending him through the EXP vortex. We'll see how that goes.

Chinner

Banned
True, I'm in the same position. I don't have WOL, but I do have Cecil who I'm heavily invested in. I won't be swapping until I get him.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I've told this story before but it's relevant:

When I started this game I didn't know what 'gacha' was or that I could actually pull more than one unit. I played the game with Rain, Lasswell, and Tron. No idea what I was doing. And I got all the way to Grandport in Lanzelt without pulling anyone other than dumb Tronn.

(he is really a helluva early mage if you need one, btw)

My point is that it's ok to fuck up the early game. You probably should. Explore the game, enjoy yourself, try to pay attention to the story. The early cringey neckbeard dialogue from Lasswell aside, the story gets really pretty good in the upper levels that we're at now in the game.

I dunno. I'm just saying if you're getting super twisted up about your experience and you've been playing for like a fuckin week or something, maybe take a deep breath and poke around a bit more. The game gives you a million chances to catch up and the game is designed to have no expiration date. Take your time and have fun!

Lyrian

The Doublicorn is no fucking joke. He one-shotted my 844 ATK Noctis companion. It was definitely one of you, I forget the name!

The Doublicorn does 9999 true damage per hit, which will one shot anyone. Outside of direct evasion (aka evade or the mirage vest), its damage is unblockable or unmitigatable.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Anyone have a link to Valentus' how to solo ELT with Noctis post? It was a few days ago but I, uh .. suddenly need it because I pulled a 4th effin JACK.

Lyrian

Panther, his problem is that he raced through the story content via GAF friends and now has hit a brick wall because he is over on Dirnado with like 4* units (maybe lowly leveled 5*) max and is getting smoked.

Thus, he has outpaced the content meant for his team's level and now is stuck.

Anyone have a link to Valentus' how to solo ELT with Noctis post? It was a few days ago but I, uh .. suddenly need it because I pulled a 4th effin JACK.

I can solo ELT using thunder flask every round and then warp break and jump on the boss. My noctis has about 850 atk with equipment to prevent parlyze/blind. You can also fire flask to paralyze enemies if you can't one shot.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Panther, his problem is that he raced through the story content via GAF friends and now has hit a brick wall because he is over on Dirnado with like 4* units (maybe lowly leveled 5*) max and is getting smoked.

Thus, he has outpaced the content meant for his team's level and now is stuck.

Well shit!

Skii: The only solution is to pull dailies and work Maranda Coast explorations for the next few weeks. If what Lyrian is saying above is accurate, you're in for a rough time for a bit. That's ok! I'd make sure you're leveling the right units, though.

(I never considered the cost of having overpowered friends would be to outpace your own team's capabilities)

greyshark

Doublecast Exdeath plus Dark Fina plus elemental chains means every arena team I've faced goes down in one round. I used to use distress at first for the debuffs but now I don't bother - doing 5-6k AOE is plenty :)

The Doublicorn does 9999 true damage per hit, which will one shot anyone. Outside of direct evasion (aka evade or the mirage vest), its damage is unblockable or unmitigatable.
I had no idea what it was, but saw the name. Surprised it even spawned for me considering my luck with this game on all fronts. Stil, managed to pull through! Waste of XP since my important units are all max. Wish the phantoma was a bit more for such an encounter.

Chinner

Banned
When playing main story content, I don't use companions or even a full team. Got to add some artifical challenge to make it slightly interesting.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I can solo ELT using thunder flask every round and then warp break and jump on the boss. My noctis has about 850 atk with equipment to prevent parlyze/blind. You can also fire flask to paralyze enemies if you can't one shot.

Yep that did the trick, perfect. Thank you!

(fire flask is maybe the best attack in the game IMHO, more so than blizzard flask)

Lyrian

Doublecast Exdeath plus Dark Fina plus elemental chains means every arena team I've faced goes down in one round. I used to use distress at first for the debuffs but now I don't bother - doing 5-6k AOE is plenty :)

This week's arena is a nuke-happy fest for sure. Makes Noctis even more ridiculous this week. Nothing quite like picking a team with 2+ Noctii, and you lose the coin flip. For this week, Fire Flask is just as damning as Blizzard Flask (and likely worse overall because of the myriad of status debuffs applied to everyone).

Lyrian

I had no idea what it was, but saw the name. Surprised it even spawned for me considering my luck with this game on all fronts. Stil, managed to pull through! Waste of XP since my important units are all max. Wish the phantoma was a bit more for such an encounter.

Sadly, the Doublicorn is the single best way to collect Phantoma in this event, as rare as it's spawn actually is. A shame that the amount of Phantoma it drops was heavily reduced from JP and then further reduced even more depending on the difficulty level of the stage where it shows up.

EDIT: Anecdotal player collected data suggests that the spawn rate on ELT on the same as for the Metal Gigantaur in FF13 - 6% for PRO and ELT, 3% for ADV.

Valentus

Yep that did the trick, perfect. Thank you!

(fire flask is maybe the best attack in the game IMHO, more so than blizzard flask)

for the doublicorn you have 2 choices:

- Gamble with the fire flask and try to sleep him (when you sleep, he wont wake up with the flasks attacks.)

- Attacking with thunder flask and normal attack all the units so the flask can chain in hit 10 or 11 for a massive damage and defeat them in 2 turns. Problem is, if doublicorn target noctis. Is game over.

Eidjinn

- Gamble with the fire flask and try to sleep him (when you sleep, he wont wake up with the flasks attacks.)

- Attacking with thunder flask and normal attack all the units so the flask can chain in hit 10 or 11 for a massive damage and defeat them in 2 turns. Problem is, if doublicorn target noctis. Is game over.

What if you equip Noctis with that evasion TM? (Speed Boost or something like that)?

Skii

The problem is that I can't progress in the story because it's too difficult for my units and I made the mistake of awakening my units which has made it near impossible for me to complete quests unless I take high level friends. And I only have 2-3 high level friends. But I just feel like the game shouldn't have put me in a position where I have to rely on Lightning/Noctis lv 100 friends to help me progress in the story.

I'm at the Kolobos Isle, I don't really know what relation that has with story progress? I dont feel like it's near the end but if it is, it would make a whole lot more sense.

I think because I play other gachas where training items (cactuars) are readily available to grind or constantly gifted that you never ever have a problem with levelling but in this game, it seems as rare as lapis lol.

And I'm pretty sure levelling my units will help me progress. Well it should otherwise I'm in a lot more trouble than I thought I was.

But yeah, it seems like I'm going to be stuck with spending my 28 NRG on levelling my units for the foreseeable future.

c-murph

Is Penicorn a beast or a specific enemy type that a "killer" ability would be effective?

Edit: Stupid question. Had Machine Killer equiped since FFXIII event. Added a 10% ATK and Ifrit for Beast killer.

eggydoo

Don't need a lvl100 friend to progress through story. I was fine with my units. When I started getting 6 star units, I was able to solo story content all the way up to what is available.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The problem is that I can't progress in the story because it's too difficult for my units and I made the mistake of awakening my units which has made it near impossible for me to complete quests unless I take high level friends. And I only have 2-3 high level friends. But I just feel like the game shouldn't have put me in a position where I have to rely on Lightning/Noctis lv 100 friends to help me progress in the story.

I'm at the Kolobos Isle, I don't really know what relation that has with story progress? I dont feel like it's near the end but if it is, it would make a whole lot more sense.

I think because I play other gachas where training items (cactuars) are readily available to grind or constantly gifted that you never ever have a problem with levelling but in this game, it seems as rare as lapis lol.

And I'm pretty sure levelling my units will help me progress. Well it should otherwise I'm in a lot more trouble than I thought I was.

But yeah, it seems like I'm going to be stuck with spending my 28 NRG on levelling my units for the foreseeable future.

I hear you. Three questions:

1. What units do you have at this moment?

2. How much lapis do you have?

3. Are you able to do your daily quests? Right now getting 5 of the 6 is worth 100 lapis per day.

Let's start there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom