• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomarTyme

lol i literally have more trouble with the final boss than the doublicorn

already had a few losses... i need to farm some ribbons

You're hitting it too hard. Try not to get his hp down too much, that is when he unleashes his strongest attack. Use provoke on first turn, so it can only jump one person other than your main attackers and use weapons that can easily blind him.

Quonny

I do wish that you could buy energy with Lapis more than just the daily 60 or your max.

I assume that when you have 90+ energy that a full recharge gives you that 90+. A lot of games have flat refills.

I feel like I'm being negative, but it's these kinds of decisions that aren't really 'greedy' more as they are 'confusing'. There's no reason that someone higher ranked should get more energy recharged for a flat Lapis amount especially when you'd think Gumi/whoever would want people to spend their Lapis on things like energy so then they'd feel the pinch and spend actual money on buying Lapis for pulls.

But what do I know. I'm just a scrub.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yes you can buy NRG refills and they will fill up your bar to max. Meaning early on they're a terrible deal. Once you get in the 70+ ranks range (80+ NRG cap max), using lapis for refills while TM farming might be the best investment you can make in the game.

Syntsui

May Gumi one day turn daily login actual daily logins and not missions in the future. I'm sick of doing useless shit I'd never do just for the sake of getting a reward I should have gotten just for login in.

RK stay winning.

Alkez

May Gumi one day turn daily login actual daily logins and not missions in the future. I'm sick of doing useless shit I'd never do just for the sake of getting a reward I should have gotten just for login in.

RK stay winning.

I'm confused. We do get a daily login reward no?

Lyrian

lol i literally have more trouble with the final boss than the doublicorn

already had a few losses... i need to farm some ribbons

You're hitting it too hard. Try not to get his hp down too much, that is when he unleashes his strongest attack. Use provoke on first turn, so it can only jump one person other than your main attackers and use weapons that can easily blind him.

This. As NomarTyme said, you are hitting it too hard too fast, resulting in it going into rage mode (Serious Damage Confirmed).

As long as you don't do more than 70% of it's life in the opening round before it jumps you are fine. I have no problems 3-4 rounding it (including the Jump round) and can usually 3 round it using 3 event units.

good tips!

yeah i should focus on a two turn strat. hutting him too hard the first round is meesing things up

i can kill him in one turn easily anyways but im trying to maxmize my bonus

mstevens

The problem is that I can't progress in the story because it's too difficult for my units and I made the mistake of awakening my units which has made it near impossible for me to complete quests unless I take high level friends. And I only have 2-3 high level friends. But I just feel like the game shouldn't have put me in a position where I have to rely on Lightning/Noctis lv 100 friends to help me progress in the story.

I'm at the Kolobos Isle, I don't really know what relation that has with story progress? I dont feel like it's near the end but if it is, it would make a whole lot more sense.

I think because I play other gachas where training items (cactuars) are readily available to grind or constantly gifted that you never ever have a problem with levelling but in this game, it seems as rare as lapis lol.

And I'm pretty sure levelling my units will help me progress. Well it should otherwise I'm in a lot more trouble than I thought I was.

But yeah, it seems like I'm going to be stuck with spending my 28 NRG on levelling my units for the foreseeable future.

Please go back and reread my post. I'm about a week ahead of you and it took maybe two days of being efficient to overcome it.

Add gaffers from the spreadsheet to help.

To add to my earlier post, you can also use a high lvl gaf friend to grind the PRO event and buy metal gigantuars. Windy Heights East is still your safest, fastest bet pre village of ambel though. Gaf companions will get you that far.

Skii

I hear you. Three questions:

1. What units do you have at this moment?

2. How much lapis do you have?

3. Are you able to do your daily quests? Right now getting 5 of the 6 is worth 100 lapis per day.

Let's start there!

1. My team is Bartz, WOL, Refia, Charlotte, Black Cat Lid

And my "notable" units are Krile, Medius, Garland, Kefka etc.

2. I have 4000 now but I read on here that it's best to save them for the next big banner like Noctis.

3. Yeah I can do daily. I'm almost finished for today.

Please go back and reread my post. I'm about a week ahead of you and it took maybe two days of being efficient to overcome it.

Add gaffers from the spreadsheet to help.

To add to my earlier post, you can also use a high lvl gaf friend to grind the PRO event and buy metal gigantuars. Windy Heights East is still your safest, fastest bet pre village of ambel though. Gaf companions will get you that far.

Ah okay, I'll check your post out.

Lyrian

RK stay winning.

I'm confused. We do get a daily login reward no?

Yes, we do.

I believe Syntsui is referring to the daily participation activities where you need to do 5/6 for the daily lapis reward.

Seriously though, that takes like 5 minutes for 105-110 extra lapis per day on top of the daily login prize. C'mon man.

If I took this line of logic to its fullest extent:

...I'm sick of doing useless shit I'd never do just for the sake of getting a reward I should have gotten just for logging in. I mean, who the hell logs in just to start a macro to run ES 10,000 times? This isn't fun, so just give me the TMs I wouldn't ever normally farm for logging in.

You know what happens in a gacha game when there is no required engagement?

My experience with PAD this week since Akademia started.

-- Login
-- Collect equivalent of 100 lapis for daily login reward from mailbox
-- Logout

Valentus

My noctis one-shot the boss thanks to machine killer. just normal attack with the 5 scrubs and noctis thunder flask (just set up the thunder flask and then press "auto" so the thunder flask chains in the hit 10 or 11)

And, if the boss dont die with one shot, to prevent his paralize-all attack, i have my noctis with ribbon equipped. He wont die for that attack, so next i jump and its game over.

I also have it with ifrit equipped for beast killer for the doublicorn.

Black Cat Lid

You are playing since halloween and still have problems with nrg?????

Alkez

Get rid of missions, merge the rewards with the actual daily login. RK did that at some point.
I believe Syntsui is referring to the daily participation activities where you need to do 5/6 for the daily lapis reward.

Ah I see. Personally I like dailies because otherwise the game would literally just be tm farming for me.

I don't do story missions unless it's a daily (so I have plenty of lapis still to collect - currently on the third island). Explorations I use to get hero ring mats. Vortex is the annoying one because sometimes it doesn't count from the events, something Gumi needs to fix. Also they need to change Colosseum to Colosseum and Arena.

As Lyrian says, for me at least it would just be login, collect daily, play arena for 5 mins, tm all day. I would only be playing during events then. But I can understand not wanting to do dailies when you have nothing you need to do (all story missions done, no current events etc).

Syntsui

Ah I see. Personally I like dailies because otherwise the game would literally just be tm farming for me.

I don't do story missions unless it's a daily (so I have plenty of lapis still to collect - currently on the third island). Explorations I use to get hero ring mats. Vortex is the annoying one because sometimes it doesn't count from the events, something Gumi needs to fix. Also they need to change Colosseum to Colosseum and Arena.

As Lyrian says, for me at least it would just be login, collect daily, play arena for 5 mins, tm all day. I would only be playing during events then. But I can understand not wanting to do dailies when you have nothing you need to do (all story missions done, no current events etc).
You see the problem we have here?

If it wasn't for some random missions you wouldn't ever do no matter what (considering you already finished the story and the colosseum) you wouldn't have anything else to do.

These missions sorely exist as an excuse for the game lack of content.

Valentus

Yeah but I'd only ever pull on this game until recently when I finally got hooked. Now I'm trying to actually progress the story and awaken my units.

i see.

I still believe the best shot you have to awaken units is make the Aquapolis PRO. Fight the 72 battles and wreck fina with a friend Noctis.

192k exp in 1 hour.

Skii

Wow, I just tried to do a run on Akademia and I get completely destroyed by Doublicorn. I'm pretty sure I didnt face that last time. He OHKOs my entire team. And this was the run I took the only seven in my friends list for the bonus. So not only have I lost that but I've lost 8 stamina because the game decided to put a random (?) high damage enemy against my noob team lmao.

Thanks.

Valentus

Wow, I just tried to do a run on Akademia and I get completely destroyed by Doublicorn. I'm pretty sure I didnt face that last time. He OHKOs my entire team. And this was the run I took the only seven in my friends list for the bonus. So not only have I lost that but I've lost 8 stamina because the game decided to put a random (?) high damage enemy against my noob team lmao.

Thanks.

when you encounter a doublicorn, just defend for 3 turns without attacking it and he will run away.

Alkez

You see the problem we have here?

If it wasn't for some random missions you wouldn't ever do no matter what (considering you already finished the story and the colosseum) you wouldn't have anything else to do.

These missions sorely exist as an excuse for the game lack of content.

Hmm, yeah I see your point. I guess right now it's fine for me because collecting the lapis and farming hero rings are things I would have done anyways, so leaving them for dailies made NRG sense.

But when I'm all caught up I would be doing them just for the sake do doing them to get the daily lapis (earth shrine story dailies lol). Maybe later on the game's life cycle they'll change it when the majority of the player base are at that point. Right now I feel there's enough relevant stuff to do for the dailies if you paced yourself that it's tolerable.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just did my Daily...Gold...and another Seven. Thats my third one...come on lol.

Rainbow on the Type-0 banner (was trying for Jack or Trey or bonus currency). Hoping not Ace, hoping not Ace... and it's another Ramza (!).

Pretty cool - even as a dupe. Grats.

Congratulations for another Brave Suit. I'd kill for at least one.

Just did my Daily...Gold...and another Seven. Thats my third one...come on lol.

Pretty cool - even as a dupe. Grats.

Thanks! I honestly wanted the shitty 3* units to make event farming easier. I've done like 15 pulls on the Type-0 banner and the ONLY bonus unit I got was one Trey.

But this is a nice consolation prize.

Xion86

Thanks Panther, accepted :) was surprised I didn't have you on my list after all this time! Was going through the list in the playbook, had most apart from maybe 3.

Okay I can get through the event with a team of 5, 5th unit being Ace and a friend Type-0 unit, but with two of my units being from Type-0 it's tricky. Think I'll need to level them up more. Noctis, Lightning, Exdeath and Luneth get me through it using the same attacks each round though.

EDarkness

Hmmm...I just realized that everyone has their high level characters using Ifrit. I'm finally getting around to taking on ELT Dark Fina and I'm wondering if a few of you would be so kind as to switch over to Diabolos?

Rixa

Hmmm...I just realized that everyone has their high level characters using Ifrit. I'm finally getting around to taking on ELT Dark Fina and I'm wondering if a few of you would be so kind as to switch over to Diabolos?

bu-bu-bu DOUBLICOOOOOOOOOORN

Bu-bu-bu Ace & Ram UUUUUUUUUUH

Oh I completely forgot to make space.

I've made some space now :)

Change you info message to something that says youre from GAF.
Home -> Menu -> Player Info -> Edit Greeting.

Alkez

Thanks Panther, accepted :) was surprised I didn't have you on my list after all this time! Was going through the list in the playbook, had most apart from maybe 3.

Okay I can get through the event with a team of 5, 5th unit being Ace and a friend Type-0 unit, but with two of my units being from Type-0 it's tricky. Think I'll need to level them up more. Noctis, Lightning, Exdeath and Luneth get me through it using the same attacks each round though.

How strong is your Lightning and luneth? Because I've been clearing it with your Noctis and my Chizuru (636) and Cecil for his lb/mirage vest cheese.

Valentus

So, in BGN you have a rare chance to encounter a gigantuar that gives you 30k exp, for 5 NRG... i dont know the spawn rate of the gigantuar though.

Lyrian

Seven bugs me as a unit. As in a Rydia hrmmmmm type of way.

She's one of those units that incredibly complicated to gear well, needing tons of TMs to bring her up to speed. But, conceptually, I think I smell potential shenanigans here?

Elemental breaks stack on top physical breaks (although can't really hard field test that well in this event because the ELT mech is physical break immune).

I've done damage in ELT with a non-TM'd Luneth with a crappy Coral Sword that I should have no business doing to an ELT mission, especially following an elemental-lash.

Also, Insult to Injury seems to be potentially unusually good? Wiki says it's 210% physical + guaranteed crit. That works out to 315%, which isn't that bad. Okay.... but what about after an elemental-lash, with an appropriate matching elemental weapon. That should be x2 again (for 50% weakness), bringing the total up to 630%. And if the enemy is physical breakable, Elza's Ravishing blow (50% Def down) would be x2 again for 1260%. Times 2 again for Seven dual wielding, or hell anyone else at that point?

Am I mathing wrong here?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Should I be adding some of the high level GAFers on the friendlist without notifying them? Wouldn't they... decline?

Valentus

Heres my video of one-shot boss of ELT with noctis and 5 scrubs (sorry rixa xDDDD) Its super easy... sorry for no audio recording... much noise in the house.

Seven bugs me as a unit. As in a Rydia hrmmmmm type of way.

She's one of those units that incredibly complicated to gear well, needing tons of TMs to bring her up to speed. But, conceptually, I think I smell potential shenanigans here?

Elemental breaks stack on top physical breaks (although can't really hard field test that well in this event because the ELT mech is physical break immune).

I've done damage in ELT with a non-TM'd Luneth with a crappy Coral Sword that I should have no business doing to an ELT mission, especially following an elemental-lash.

Also, Insult to Injury seems to be potentially unusually good? Wiki says it's 210% physical + guaranteed crit. That works out to 315%, which isn't that bad. Okay.... but what about after an elemental-lash, with an appropriate matching elemental weapon. That should be x2 again (for 50% weakness), bringing the total up to 630%. And if the enemy is physical breakable, Elza's Ravishing blow (50% Def down) would be x2 again for 1260%. Times 2 again for Seven dual wielding, or hell anyone else at that point?

Am I mathing wrong here?

Elemental debuff and stats down doesnt work like ignore def/spr mechanic.

Ignore def/spr mechanic formula is:

Code:
Skill Modifier% / (1 - DEF/SPR% ignore) = new skill modifier %

So a 180% damage skill that has 50% ignore def should be:

Code:
180% / (1-0,5) = 180% / 0,5 = 360%

So indeed 50% ignore def skills doubles the damage.

Elemental debuff skill formula is:

Code:
Final damage of skill (after all modifiers and ignore def/spr if the skill says so)) * (1 - (elemental resistance of element your weapon has)

So if you do a final damage of 10.000 with a fire weapon and the enemy has -50% resistance to fire, the formula would be:

Code:
10.000 * ( 1 - (-0,5)) = 10.000 * 1,5 = 15.000

so elemental resistances only affect the final damage in the % of the element resistance.

And finally, DEF/SPR reduction (like full break or elzas break) affects the initial damage formula

Code:
Initial damage = (Unit ATK2 / Enemy DEF) * Killer Effects * Skill Modifier * Level Correction

If you apply full break to a unit (def down 30%) that means the enemy DEF only is 70%, so the formula should be

Code:
Initial Damage = (Unit ATK2 / [B](Enemy DEF* 0,7)[/B]) * Killer Effects * Skill Modifier * Level Correction

So, Seven skills are good, but sadly not insane good like you said... but for the lack of equip she cant do insane damage, but good damage only... Thats why in my playbook she is an A unit and not a S unit.

Should I be adding some of the high level GAFers on the friendlist without notifying them? Wouldn't they... decline?

Give me your Friend number... i will help you clearing stages.

Lyrian

I seriously doubt most high level GAFers would decline an invite from a newer member of the community. I've blindly accepted a number of unannounced invites from a new GAFers. The problem for most of us is finding space on the friends list more so than caring about the rank of the person sending the invite. That said, most of us will accommodate a friend request when asked fairly easily.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
677 352 448

I added my code on the excel sheet as well for recordkeeping since that is what I'm supposed to. Lol, sorry. still acclimating.

Lyrian

<math snip>

So, Seven skills are good, but sadly not insane good like you said... but for the lack of equip she cant do insane damage, but good damage only... Thats why in my playbook she is an A unit and not a S unit.

That makes a ton of sense. Thanks for the clarification!

If Seven did a ton of damage alone, she would be Noctis-tier gamebreaking and she's not a 5* base unit.

Still, I believe her primary role is to enhance other teammates to do stupid-tier damage. +50% (+70% in the future) to the final total of a hit is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

Valentus

Its a typo, its really "Power Break"

677 352 448

I added my code on the excel sheet as well for recordkeeping since that is what I'm supposed to. Lol, sorry. still acclimating.

Added.

What i recommend you using with my unit RIGHT NOW: Go to vortex - Chamber of the Fallen - Rebirth of Intangir and use my unit.

Use the skill "Fire Flask"

You will kill intangir first turn and get the weapon "Enhacer", a very good one for your kain.

If you use my unit in any other thing you will have to wait 1 hour so my unit will pop again in your friend list.

After my unit appears again, try "Surging Menace" from the same chamber of the fallen. In that trial only use "Thunder Flask"

You will get another good equipment for your Rydia.

Rokuren

677 352 448

I sent you an invite.

I seriously doubt most high level GAFers would decline an invite from a newer member of the community. I've blindly accepted a number of unannounced invites from a new GAFers. The problem for most of us is finding space on the friends list more so than caring about the rank of the person sending the invite. That said, most of us will accommodate a friend request when asked fairly easily.

The bolded is probably a bigger issue as I imagine many of us sit on a full friend list; and don't know to make space without someone making a post in the thread.

Skii

Bu-bu-bu Ace & Ram UUUUUUUUUUH

Change you info message to something that says youre from GAF.
Home -> Menu -> Player Info -> Edit Greeting.

Yeah that's a good idea.

Thanks for the adds people. Will definitely help with the grind lol.

Xion86

How strong is your Lightning and luneth? Because I've been clearing it with your Noctis and my Chizuru (636) and Cecil for his lb/mirage vest cheese.

That's good to hear! Glad he was coming handy. Still got a Bracer and Blade Mastery on their way for him. But I've just removed him as leader for Ace, who I'm hoping will come in handy more.

Here is what I have on Luneth and Lightning (they are not with Ifrit or Diabolos here):

2Ac63URl.png

1FY00y7l.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom