• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Important to remember that Elemental damage is then further enhanced by element chaining which raises the chain modifier fast. It's how Edgar does silly as hell damage despite his 4-star status.

Xion86

Okay I've bought all the Cactuars from the Mog Shop as my first purchase to boost up Ace.

Set him as leader, equipped him with Dualcast too,

OEXBdZXl.png

(Don't have a second Dual Wield created yet though)

Hope he helps!

Alkez

That's good to hear! Glad he was coming handy. Still got a Bracer and Blade Mastery on their way for him. But I've just removed him as leader for Ace, who I'm hoping will come in handy more.

Here is what I have on Luneth and Lightning (they are not with Ifrit or Diabolos here):

2Ac63URl.png

1FY00y7l.png

Just to let you know Vajra resists fire. I would suggest swapping that weapon with something else, and then attempt to kill him with just noct, luneth, and exdeath (and ace now). Should kill. If it doesn't then you can finish him with lightning. If it does you can swap out lightning going forward.

Also if you have Cecil I would suggest swapping out exdeath for him. Mirage provoke cover is nice for the doublicorn and his lb should be enough to kill Vajra with the other 3. I'm doing it with only the noct and Chizzy and noct doesn't even get in his second warp break.

mstevens

Its a typo, its really "Power Break"

Added.

What i recommend you using with my unit RIGHT NOW: Go to vortex - Chamber of the Fallen - Rebirth of Intangir and use my unit.

Use the skill "Fire Flask"

You will kill intangir first turn and get the weapon "Enhacer", a very good one for your kain.

If you use my unit in any other thing you will have to wait 1 hour so my unit will pop again in your friend list.

After my unit appears again, try "Surging Menace" from the same chamber of the fallen. In that trial only use "Thunder Flask"

You will get another good equipment for your Rydia.

Wow this advice helped me too! Thanks!

Xion86

Just to let you know Vajra resists fire. I would suggest swapping that weapon with something else, and then attempt to kill him with just noct, luneth, and exdeath (and ace now). Should kill. If it doesn't then you can finish him with lightning. If it does you can swap out lightning going forward.

Also if you have Cecil I would suggest swapping out exdeath for him. Mirage provoke cover is nice for the doublicorn and his lb should be enough to kill Vajra with the other 3. I'm doing it with only the noct and Chizzy and noct doesn't even get in his second warp break.

Well the weapon didn't seem to get in the way too much right now, but thanks for the heads up (swapped with Blood Sword) just playing around with my units now to get Ace and Seven in, and then maybe Noctis, Luneth, Lightning, or swap one of those two with Cecil.

So far I've been using Hit All, Electric Blitz, Thunder Flask, Dual Cast Thundaga, Thundag with the setup I had. That one round kills everything until the boss, then I use the same again on the boss (but use Cut Through instead of Hit All). That takes the boss down to around 5% health or even less. After he jumps back down I usually Auto and he dies (odd times I've had to use a stronger skill). I've been repeating that so far. But with Seven in my team, I'll have to be more careful. I have Cecil yeah :) had him and Refia in my team during the first couple of days of the event.

Just playing around with my units now. It's annoying as I have to switch up my Arena team at the same time as I'm always removing equipment etc.

Edit:
I've gone with Cecil, Ace, Noctis, Seven and Luneth.

Let the grind begin.

Muku

I seriously doubt most high level GAFers would decline an invite from a newer member of the community. I've blindly accepted a number of unannounced invites from a new GAFers. The problem for most of us is finding space on the friends list more so than caring about the rank of the person sending the invite. That said, most of us will accommodate a friend request when asked fairly easily.

^ This.

I don't decline GAF invites (assuming you have it in notes so that I don't think you're a passerby, because I delete those right off the bat). Whether someone tells me they sent me an invite or not, I'll accept it.

Xion86

^ This.

I don't decline GAF invites (assuming you have it in notes so that I think you're a passerby, because I delete those right off the bat). Whether someone tells me they sent me an invite or not, I'll accept it.

Oh same here! I've accepted every single GAF invite I've had, especially the newer members as I really want to help them out. I think I only have 3 non-GAF friends if that, also still have Chilly in my list haha...

If someone goes over 5 days or so being inactive, then I'll delete them though. That's the only way I can make room for newer players.

Yup im having a much nicer time now and consistently beating ELT with 4 bonus units

Converting my Seven to Physical cuz thats makes way more sense

Xion86

Yup im having a much nicer time now and consistently beating ELT with 4 bonus units

Converting my Seven to Physical cuz thats makes way more sense

Nice, my new team I switched to above can one shot the last round too, brilliant. I'm not sure about bringing in another Seven into my team though haha. Would probably sacrifice Cecil for her hmm, I'll have to see. Might help once leveled though, guess all Cactuars I have left can get throw on her. My current low level Seven is using Barrage :p.

And yeah I've literally just swapped Seven to be physical and equipped whatever I had left that was semi decent.

So I still hate how the game brought on this "Bonus" feature :( great on a business point of view though, just makes you want to pull more to get what's in the banner even if you were not interested. Also makes you want to bring along dupes just for more bonus points. Each event like this I feel as if I have to pull to get rewards easier, quite enjoyed the days before all that ;).

677 352 448

I added my code on the excel sheet as well for recordkeeping since that is what I'm supposed to. Lol, sorry. still acclimating.

Sent you a friend request.

Please add GAF somewhere in your message. Otherwise, your friend requests may not be accepted by GAFers who don't recognize your name or you may get accidently deleted by GAFers when purging their non-GAF friends.

Muku

So I still hate how the game brought on this "Bonus" feature :( great on a business point of view though, just makes you want to pull more to get what's in the banner even if you were not interested. Also makes you want to bring along dupes just for more bonus points. Each event like this I feel as if I have to pull to get rewards easier, quite enjoyed the days before all that ;).

I felt like 13 was at least a good banner to pull units on. Even though I only wanted Lightning, I pulled my dailies. This? No. I did one daily pull on my main. Got Trey off the bat. I was done. Pulled two dailies on alt account. One was something stupid. Today ended up being Trey. Done.

I agree. I hate the bonus unit thing. It's a truding up hill both ways without bonus units. I feel like at this point though, if I get one, fine. But I'm done trying to fill my team up with bullshit that I have no attachment to. I didn't have attachment to the 13 characters either per se... but I knew them at least. Plus that banner I was going for Lightning. Which has still evaded me. Ace seems cool, but I know I won't get that lucky. Same for Seven.

Also, hope GB wins. Down with the Cowboys.

tuffymon

I felt like 13 was at least a good banner to pull units on. Even though I only wanted Lightning, I pulled my dailies. This? No. I did one daily pull on my main. Got Trey off the bat. I was done. Pulled two dailies on alt account. One was something stupid. Today ended up being Trey. Done.

I agree. I hate the bonus unit thing. It's a truding up hill both ways without bonus units. I feel like at this point though, if I get one, fine. But I'm done trying to fill my team up with bullshit that I have no attachment to. I didn't have attachment to the 13 characters either per se... but I knew them at least. Plus that banner I was going for Lightning. Which has still evaded me. Ace seems cool, but I know I won't get that lucky. Same for Seven.

Being more established now than I was when the first bonus rate event occurred has definitely let me be a lot more picky on what I'm choosing with the prizes.

Muku

Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers are literally Satan....anyone but them. Even the damn Steelers.

Oh ... totally all the way in for Steelers. So hope they rock the Chiefs today. We'll see. I don't like GB either. Don't get me wrong. Right now I feel like I'm choosing the lesser of evils to win. Doesn't matter who wins out of that game though, I hope they lose. XD

Lyrian

Moogle in the bag on only Day 3 of the event and I'm already looking downhill towards the end of it, maybe by the end of the first week at this pace.

Very, very nice. Now, to resist the urge to burn the moogle to cash out one of the doublehands, lol.

So considering I pulled Dark Fina and Seven on my fresh alt dummy account, I think I may just move forward with that. I've consistently pulled multiple Elles and other garbage since.

I'm too attached to my main account to fully move off of it but it'd be nice to have a strong base to start from.

ruby light Exdeath(any strong mage with thundaga) combo, 2 star Siren on bonus unit for attack song(or focus if you have Seven) and a moderately strong Noctis(i only have dual wield as a TM) or friend Noctis, equals one turning the boss every time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Thanks for all the help guys. Appreciate it a lot !

EDIT: Not sure if this is a stupid question or not but I was hoping to get some help in regards to team building. Now I understand the party composition I'm looking for based off the stuff i read online in addition to the google doc in the OP but one thing that sorta has me scratching my head and need assistance is unit identification. How am I supposed to tell what does what? Like for instance I don't really get how I'm able to tell a person is a tank or a DPS. healer is sorta obvious.

I agree, the bonus unit thing is frustrating. I have pulled roughly 10-15 times and only have one Type 0 unit. Don't really want to pull much on this banner either because I don't need anyone (besides Ace but that won't happen anyway) so yea :\

Kettch

Also, hope GB wins. Down with the Cowboys.

Yeah, I've managed to avoid spending any tickets on this banner. Still doing my dailies since I have 0 banner characters, but I think I can pretty easily get what I want just using Ace friends (sorry for being a leech this time).

Not even sure that I want to bother with the 30k moogle. I would just put it straight into Zidane, but I'd get about the same on him just using NRG on earth shrine instead.

Acerac

Banned
Huzzah, got my dual cast for Refia, 19/20 LB for level 5 Cecil, my 2nd Dual Wield Materia, and soon will have well over 700 attack on my Luneth. I'd be getting nearer to 800, but need to wait a little bit for that katana from Gilgamesh.

It's like my account is coming together in all ways at once. I imagine I could probably clear the last few trials without much effort at this point.

*edit*

Come to think I might actually be useful to have for some people now. 487,561,477 is my friend code if you can use a half decent Luneth.

Ken

EDIT: Not sure if this is a stupid question or not but I was hoping to get some help in regards to team building. Now I understand the party composition I'm looking for based off the stuff i read online in addition to the google doc in the OP but one thing that sorta has me scratching my head and need assistance is unit identification. How am I supposed to tell what does what? Like for instance I don't really get how I'm able to tell a person is a tank or a DPS. healer is sorta obvious.

wiki and check their unit role

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Muku

Yeah, I've managed to avoid spending any tickets on this banner. Still doing my dailies since I have 0 banner characters, but I think I can pretty easily get what I want just using Ace friends (sorry for being a leech this time).

Not even sure that I want to bother with the 30k moogle. I would just put it straight into Zidane, but I'd get about the same on him just using NRG on earth shrine instead.

Yeah, seems quite a few folks have guest banner units up, which is great. I hit cap on Trey yesterday and decided to get him to 4*. He's doing that level up thing in ELT with my crew. I'd share, but he's such a scrublet. Not sure if it's better to share him or just keep my Luneth up.

Dual Wield is worth it. But if you're worried, get other things you want first. If time and currency still favor you, then get it. I always get it, mainly because means I can work on my TMs. Since I've not gotten any macro stuff up yet, I need my Dual Cast. Moogle'd my way up for Dual Wield a couple weeks back. DW is totally worth it.

I also wouldn't call you being a leech. We all use other peoples characters to get what we want done, done. Just an ebb and flow of how things are. Plus, we're all about helping each other here.

tuffymon

16111574_10154525006322885_1038823786_n.png

16111792_10154525006487885_931780384_n.png

Well, I've made the best unit I possibly can with the Tm's that I can obtain. I can die happy now >.>; (Is missing a lot of power pots/no esper in this picture)

SeanTSC

So, does anyone know if Jack's TM that gives LB crystals every turn stacks with itself (or other LB TMs like CoDs)?

There's an easy way to LB farm on the first Ifrit fight. You basically get 100% Fire Resist and Equip a Fire elemental weapon and just auto-attack. Only works if the LB has no element or just fire element though. You normally don't generate LB crystals when attacking damage immune mobs, but the TM gives you 2 every turn. So you can basically just auto-attack and trigger LBs indefinitely that way. If you could stack 4 Jack TMs that would be 8 LB crystals per turn.

Shouta

You can check out info on line or check out the character's abilities after leveling them up. Tanks will have abilities that act as taunts to draw enemy attacks on them or will cover your party to take damage for them. DPS usually just has attack skills, sometimes with defense ignore or elemental resistance down as a part of it.

I agree, the bonus unit thing is frustrating. I have pulled roughly 10-15 times and only have one Type 0 unit. Don't really want to pull much on this banner either because I don't need anyone (besides Ace but that won't happen anyway) so yea :\

Bonus Unit thing becomes a lot less frustrating when the Crystal change occurs. You'll really feel the 20% for the featured 3-star there, lol

Abylim

So I think I asked this but I can't find the post

I have both Luneth and Noctis.

I have Excalibur and save the queen, but not Sakurafubuki yet.

I have dual weild as well.

Who should I make my main? I'm thinking I wait to use Noct as my main until I get Sakura, he has a little more attack with my best stuff than Lumeth does, but Luneth ends up having less attack than what Noct does in my sub optimal gear, if that makes sense.

Valentus

So I think I asked this but I can't find the post

I have both Luneth and Noctis.

I have Excalibur and save the queen, but not Sakurafubuki yet.

I have dual weild as well.

Who should I make my main? I'm thinking I wait to use Noct as my main until I get Sakura, he has a little more attack with my best stuff than Lumeth does, but Luneth ends up having less attack than what Noct does in my sub optimal gear, if that makes sense.

Noctis gains bonus for almost all.

Equip your Noctis with excalibur and enhancer.

Give save the Queen and another weapon to luneth

What role does Rain fulfill then? It seems like he's sort of a tank?

Rain has full break and leadership (+40% to all stats to party)

Basically you Will use only those 2 skills with him... And in Gilgamesh trial you Will use his elemental attacks to seal Gilgamesh swords.

Rain is an amazing unit.

Eidjinn

I haven't seen his 6*, but my guess is "utility".
He comes with Full break (https://exviuswiki.com/Full_Break) and I think he comes with a buff 40% to all your companions.

And best of all: it's free, and can be in your team for a very long time.

ps: team building usually goes with 2xDPS, 1 tank, one healer and a utility (usually, a full breaker), but note that for different bosses, different needs... so sometimes the ideal team would be 3xDPS, one healer and a utility... and so on...but it's good to have choices).

Broseybrose

I look at 6* Rain as support. Fantastic party buff, great debuff, misc spells.

He's the tank with all the support you'd ever need. By slipping Rain in the 'tank slot' on your team, you'll be able to slip an extra dmg dealer into the support slot.

Valentus and Shouta on at the same time, nice. I have two questions:

1. Which would boost Noctis' power more, Sakurafabuki or BM with Chiji? I'm trying to decide which TM to use my trust moogles on and am leaning BM but not sure how much that actually increases it.

2. I have LB pots wasting unit space and can't figure out what to do with them at this point. I maxed Cecil's at 4* and figured that's all I'd do but I can't think of another unit really worth using it on since Noctis' LB takes so much to activate. I'm considering ExDeath but I have him at 6* so that'd be a ton of pots. I could use more on Cecil after I awaken him again and might do that, just don't know if he'll ever make it into my team over WoL. I prefer having Full Break in over what Cecil brings to the table and once WoL gets his 6*, he'll be just as good anyway. Should I do Cecil regardless? ExDeath? Or is there another unit with a great LB worth leveling up? I know Garnet is a popular choice but she literally only has the one niche use since I have Refia...

Lyrian

So, does anyone know if Jack's TM that gives LB crystals every turn stacks with itself (or other LB TMs like CoDs)?

There's an easy way to LB farm on the first Ifrit fight. You basically get 100% Fire Resist and Equip a Fire elemental weapon and just auto-attack. Only works if the LB has no element or just fire element though. You normally don't generate LB crystals when attacking damage immune mobs, but the TM gives you 2 every turn. So you can basically just auto-attack and trigger LBs indefinitely that way. If you could stack 4 Jack TMs that would be 8 LB crystals per turn.

LB+ TMs have been confirmed to stack with themselves on Global (per Reddit).

Valentus

Valentus and Shouta on at the same time, nice. I have two questions:

1. Which would boost Noctis' power more, Sakurafabuki or BM with Chiji? I'm trying to decide which TM to use my trust moogles on and am leaning BM but not sure how much that actually increases it.

2. I have LB pots wasting unit space and can't figure out what to do with them at this point. I maxed Cecil's at 4* and figured that's all I'd do but I can't think of another unit really worth using it on since Noctis' LB takes so much to activate. I'm considering ExDeath but I have him at 6* so that'd be a ton of pots. I could use more on Cecil after I awaken him again and might do that, just don't know if he'll ever make it into my team over WoL. I prefer having Full Break in over what Cecil brings to the table and once WoL gets his 6*, he'll be just as good anyway. Should I do Cecil regardless? ExDeath? Or is there another unit with a great LB worth leveling up? I know Garnet is a popular choice but she literally only has the one niche use since I have Refia...

Always Blade mastery Will be better. But if the enemy has fire resistance you Will have a problem... But still you can use murasame.

Go for BM first.

As for the lb... Id say chizuru because she fills lb So damn fast

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hmm... I guess I'm having a hard time trying to find where Rain fits.. My party right now is Cecil, Firion, Luka, Vanille, and Kain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom