• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

lm1jmrv.png

oboy

agrias 6* when

Always Blade mastery Will be better. But if the enemy has fire resistance you Will have a problem... But still you can use murasame.

Go for BM first.

As for the lb... Id say chizuru because she fills lb So damn fast
Cool thanks, I figured BM was the way to go. They are within a few percent of each other but that will change when I use moogles. Glad I held off using them on Cecil, Excal is around 96% without wasting any on him. I don't recall if Murasame or the wind katana was stronger but yeah, flame enemies will knock that down but I might be able to finish Sakura before a trial like that comes along. Who'd even be the next one? I'm guessing Dark Ifrit.

Even if I have Chizzy at 6* already? Cactuar Dunes need to hurry up and get here already so I can get her to 100 and toss her in my party. CoD has been so useful at times though will miss her...
Hmm... I guess I'm having a hard time trying to find where Rain fits.. My party right now is Cecil, Firion, Luka, Vanille, and Kain.
You'll boot Vanille for her. She's basically a support/secondary healer and Cecil already fulfills the role of secondary healer while Rain will blow her away at support when he gets his 6*. Also, Cecil has Focus so she won't even be useful for that.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Got it. Also it seems like Firion is good but compared to Seven he seems a bit weak. Should I swap out Firion for Seven?

Valentus

Got it. Also it seems like Firion is good but compared to Seven he seems a bit weak. Should I swap out Firion for Seven?

Firion Will be ok when he hits 6 star. I suspect in a couple of weeks. But right now Seven is a good unit.

Make sure yo get dark fina's whip in the Aquapolis PRO

Celegus

Back home from our trip! Need to check up on this event and whatnot! Anything of note from mog king?

LB+ TMs have been confirmed to stack with themselves on Global (per Reddit).
Is it worth burning tickets looking for multiple Jacks for his TM or is it only of niche usefulness?

Shouta

Firion will be stronger in the long term. When he gets his 6-star and his ability enhancements he can be a pretty top-tier damage dealer depending on the fight. You can use Seven for now over him as you level up and you should be fine.

Azuran

Banned
Should I be adding some of the high level GAFers on the friendlist without notifying them? Wouldn't they... decline?

If they have space and you have GAF in your message, then everyone here will probably accept your request. No reason to turn down people unless someone has 130 OP friends and don't want to get rid of any of them.

And speaking of friend lists, I have 3 open slots so anyone that doesn't have me feel free to add me. I really want to fill them up so the friend request thing doesn't appear when I TM farm.

923 189 995

Lyrian

Back home from our trip! Need to check up on this event and whatnot! Anything of note from mog king?

Is it worth burning tickets looking for multiple Jacks for his TM or is it only of niche usefulness?

Not a whole lot this time around from King Mog. There's a Hyper Wrist upgrade which is okay, but it's limited to only 1 per player. There's a weak dagger that has HP + 10%, which could be ok on a tank.

Other than that, there's no really expensive or noteworthy items to chase outside of the usual tickets, cactaurs, awakening mats, and trust moogles. There's also some buyable megaicites and sacred crystals this time around, if you need them.

Currency is not too bad to come by this time around with enough bonus units from the start, so that's a perk. The bonus currency monster (Doublicorn) requires a specific strategy to beat because he does 2x 9999 true damage per round (use a Mirage Vest for evade on a tank and provoke it to get around the damage).

Muku

I want Le'veon Bell in this game now to celebrate.

Sorry Panther. Though was a good game. Had me worried since all Steelers could do was field goals. x_x

Malakhov

Banned
Got 33k phantomax this weekend. I think I'll get the tickets and awakening mats and call it quit to go back tm farming.

I'm sharing a lvl 90 Seven if it can be of any help. I fed her all the event cactuars and slapped a moonblade and some gear on her with doublehand, barrage and insult to injury if it can be of any help to the folks in my friends list. I think that puts her in the mid 450s atk.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I already have a maxed Refia so I can sit on this one for a bit. Still a good thing to have in my back pocket when the time comes.

With her that makes my best unit set (per GAF rankings):

[SSS] Noctis
[SS] Cecil (1 maxed, 3 total)
Cloud of Darkness
ExDeath (2 maxed, 4 total)
Luka
Refia (1 maxed, 2 total)
[A] Chizuru
[A] Mercedes
[C] Medius

Wish the new players would just know my struggle for the first 4 months of the game. Got my CoD, got my Cecil(s), got my ExDeaths, got my Refia. But Noctis and Chizuru and now Luka just dropped in my lap over the last 3 weeks.

Keep pulling. Don't go overboard. Don't chase bad money. Do your daily pulls while saving tickets. You will gain over time. So happy with this game right now. You will be too.

Malakhov

Banned
Rain awakening next week. I need to lvl him up now :(

Also just found out there's a unit story exclusive dungeon coming. I need to work on laswell and Fina as well.

mstevens

I already have a maxed Refia so I can sit on this one for a bit. Still a good thing to have in my back pocket when the time comes.

With her that makes my best unit set (per GAF rankings):

[SSS] Noctis
[SS] Cecil (1 maxed, 3 total)
Cloud of Darkness
ExDeath (2 maxed, 4 total)
Luka
Refia (1 maxed, 2 total)
[A] Chizuru
[A] Mercedes
[C] Medius

Wish the new players would just know my struggle for the first 4 months of the game. Got my CoD, got my Cecil(s), got my ExDeaths, got my Refia. But Noctis and Chizuru and now Luka just dropped in my lap over the last 3 weeks.

Keep pulling. Don't go overboard. Don't chase bad money. Do your daily pulls while saving tickets. You will gain over time. So happy with this game right now. You will be too.

Congrats!

Muku

Also just found out there's a unit story exclusive dungeon coming. I need to work on laswell and Fina as well.

Pretty sure that is this week for Rain.

And what?! First I've heard... already have Rain and Laswell capped at 5* though. Yay for not pulling shit to replace them early on. Think Fina is capped too.

Oh snap, just thought, I can use the Cactaur this week for Rain to power him through 6* completely. Hell yeah!

Lyrian

I pulled the Dark Fina banner .. got a GOLD! It was Luka! FUCK YES.

Grats on the... um.... successful rage pull, lol? That could have been a lot worse.

Oh snap, just thought, I can use the Cactaur this week for Rain to power him through 6* completely. Hell yeah!

Excellent point! Cactaur Dunes is due next weekend after the maintenance. Perfect time to level Rain. With story units being half as difficult to level as a normal unit that should be nice and easy.

Shouta

Pretty sure that is this week for Rain.

And what?! First I've heard... already have Rain and Laswell capped at 5* though. Yay for not pulling shit to replace them early on. Think Fina is capped too.

I don't think it's in the near future though, someone on reddit mentionned around GL anniversary.

Won't be for awhile probably 4-5 months from now. I talked about it a few months ago but there's Trials to get Character-specific gear for Rain, Lasswell, and Fina. Of note is the fact that Rain and Lasswell's trials both give 90+ attack weapons

Muku

Grats on the... um.... successful rage pull, lol? That could have been a lot worse.

Excellent point! Cactaur Dunes is due next weekend after the maintenance. Perfect time to level Rain. With story units being half as difficult to level as a normal unit that should be nice and easy.

Gives me a reason to dip into the Cactaur pool. They're untouched on main account as I've not a single person worth using the currency on to get them to level up. So now I'm kind of stoked they won't go completely to waste. And it means I'll have a competant enough Full Breaker at my disposal. I have Sazh, but I've not had reason to take him into combat yet. And to be fair, I'd like a choice of a folks in case. (Yes, I have Ingus at cap, but what a freaking waste of my time.)

Oh, then I'm already well ahead of the game for story units then. Especially once I power level Rain this week with event Cactaur. Even more reason to power him up. Ready for the future.

Lyrian

Yeah.... Ayuka is a completely broken-tier healer. Who was that scrub named Tillith anyways?

Seriously though, that's scary. Cure 5 (Curada) is roughly 4x Cure 4 (Curaja) and only 30 MP to cast. What in the universe in 6* territory needs an AoE 6k heal (and it can be doublecast as well....)? And cures everything (including stop) + AoE Full Raise + Reraise + immunity out the wazoo + innate camolflauge + etc, etc.

Um... yeah... 7*s incoming? If so, I almost feel bad for her because she would be the Shantotto of healers. All this firepower and lacks the HP to actually deal with content that requires that kind of firepower.

Shouta

Whoever did the translation for GL is dumb. They fubar'd the order of Cures.

Curaga in GL = Curada in JP = Cure 3
Curaja in GL = Curaga in JP = Cure 4
Curada in GL (?) = Curaja in JP = Cure 5

tuffymon

Won't be for awhile probably 4-5 months from now. I talked about it a few months ago but there's Trials to get Character-specific gear for Rain, Lasswell, and Fina. Of note is the fact that Rain and Lasswell's trials both give 90+ attack weapons

Man... Fina was the only one I've done any work on of the five story characters... than several healers graced my presence and she never got used outside of a few story challenges... These weapons are character specific... so any reason to be worried if I'm not ready for it? Doesn't seem like it.

Muku

Yeah.... Ayuka is a completely broken-tier healer. Who was that scrub named Tillith anyways?

Seriously though, that's scary. Cure 5 (Curada) is roughly 4x Cure 4 (Curaja) and only 30 MP to cast. What in the universe in 6* territory needs an AoE 6k heal (and it can be doublecast as well....)? And cures everything (including stop) + AoE Full Raise + Reraise + immunity out the wazoo + innate camolflauge + etc, etc.

Um... yeah... 7*s incoming? If so, I almost feel bad for her because she would be the Shantotto of healers. All this firepower and lacks the HP to actually deal with content that requires that kind of firepower.

And the sacrifice we made for that witch... ;_;

Chilly.......

You're still on my list Chilly.

Please come back.

I am not sure I can ever muster up the courage to delete you.

Come back.

Please.

fionel

Yeah, the introduction of Ayaka has me worried. The last Trial boss already required mechanics like Reraise. How will Curaja affect the meta design of future trial bosses if the cost is almost trivial? Feels like power creep is getting an express ride soon...

KeRaSh

That... I mean... she... huh. She also has the ability to actually equip stuff. I'm also pretty sure that she would get a 7* upgrade somewhere down the line. Not sure what she could get from that, though. Can't really think of anything she would be missing.

Finished Black Cowl on Saturday. The last TM is really need right now is a Bracer at 50%. The rest is just nice to have stuff.

Quick question about Rain 6*. My current team looks like this:

Noctis
Gilgamesh
Lightning
Exdeath
Cecil

Would it make sense to swap in Rain for Exdeath (504 MAG) for Full Break and the stat buffs? I don't have any DWs left so he would be pretty gimped and basically a Full Break and stat boos whore.
Right now I use Refia for tougher content and she already has Embolden but no Full Break.
I guess it comes down to what the event throws at us. Do I need more heals or something else...

@Valentus: Does Thunder Flask deal more damage to the boss than Warp Break?

Lyrian

As the naming system for Cures moves from front to back in the English alphabet ( d --> g --> j), perhaps they will just use a different letter after j for Global?

Yeah, the introduction of Ayaka has me worried. The last Trial boss already required mechanics like Reraise. How will Curaja affect the meta design of future trial bosses if the cost is almost trivial? Feels like power creep is getting an express ride soon...

Power creep has to be making a pole vault shortly. Not only does Curaja heal a silly amount of damage, it can also be dual cast (which would equate into 9999 healing/round). Outside of HP-stacked tanks, 6* units don't even have the HP pool for a Curaja (every cast would be a complete heal). So, yeah, something has to be coming down the road very shortly.

And the sacrifice we made for that witch... ;_;

Chilly.......

You're still on my list Chilly.

Please come back.

I am not sure I can ever muster up the courage to delete you.

Come back.

Please.

60 days and counting. He's still on my list as well, but he's not posting much on GAF nowadays. Not looking good, but most of us will give him to the end of the Emperor banner, like he said back in the day.

CCIE

Banned
Woohoo! 65 ELT runs and I finally saw a Doublicorn. Kicked it's ass!
The evade materia for Light are just plain awesome! Doublicorn missed her both rounds. Provoke didn't work for squat, though

Hasn't this been the case for years, though? I'm fairly certain it's not a Gumi thing.

Rixa

FFWiki Curaja

FFWiki said:
Curaja (ケアルジャ, Kearuja?), also known as Cure4, Cure 4, and Cure IV, is the most powerful of the Cure series of spells. It can restore most characters to full HP.

It should be noted that Curaja is originally (ケアルガ, Kearuga?) (Curaga) in the Japanese versions of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy XII.

Basically from start of FF series.

I knew it wasn't anything recent. When was it that Cure 5 (Japanese Ja, Global Da) became a thing, though?

I know it is like that in FFRK, where Curada (g) is basically the same as Curaja (g) but with added 2000 HP Stock on top of that. Then there is Ultra Cure (IDK if it has the same localized name or not) which is also the Cure 4 level of healing, but instead of an additional HP Stock it adds Esuna to the healing.

chrono01

Well I'll be....

Is Ace worth investing time into?
He's not the ideal 5*, but he's a fun character to play with. I probably wouldn't put too much time into him, but he'll be great for this event.

Congrats!

(I'm still 5* base-less, and I've done every daily pull for the last several banners as well as the occasional ticket. The despair is heavy.)

Rixa

Well I'll be....

Is Ace worth investing time into?

Gratz. Its fun to use.
But you really need TM's to get MAG to decent levels. If you have Exdeath use it or use many Exdeaths. I haven't tested but I guess I could get my Exdeath MAG higher than Ace mag.

That said my TM roided Ace has 612 MAG.

He's not the ideal 5*, but he's a fun character to play with. I probably wouldn't put too much time into him, but he'll be great for this event.

Congrats!

(I'm still 5* base-less, and I've done every daily pull for the last several banners as well as the occasional ticket. The despair is heavy.)
Ouch, I would've thought you'd have pulled something by now. :(

Anyways, I guess I'll just bump him up a bit and replace Tellah with Ace on my team for this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom