• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Ouch, I would've thought you'd have pulled something by now. :(

Anyways, I guess I'll just bump him up a bit and replace Tellah with Ace on my team for this event.

It's not the Orlandu banner yet.... but then...then chrono will be first on GAF with him. And probably end up with like 5 for a full group of pewpew.

Gratz. Its fun to use.
But you really need TM's to get MAG to decent levels. If you have Exdeath use it or use many Exdeaths. I haven't tested but I guess I could get my Exdeath MAG higher than Ace mag.

That said my TM roided Ace has 612 MAG.
Yeah, I saw that and I'm glad for it. When ever I use your Ace I know I'm in for the easiest run with no worries of getting killed. Current team for the event was Chizuru, Tellah, ExDeath, Dark Fina, and Cecil.

chrono01

Ouch, I would've thought you'd have pulled something by now. :(

Anyways, I guess I'll just bump him up a bit and replace Tellah with Ace on my team for this event.
Nope, nothing yet. :(

I'll have enough to do 3x multi-pulls on Orlandu's banner. We'll see what that brings me, but honestly, the game is just a constant disappointment for me. Every time I enter the Arena I see teams with 2+ 5* on them, and it's not just the odd one either. There are A LOT, and it just hammers home the point that I've been so damn unlucky in-regards to them. Sure, a lot of those are probably "whales" that spent a lot, but I've opened my wallet on one or two occasions too, but I received nothing but frustration.

I really...really hope Orlandu's banner brings me something, as I need something to rejuvenate my interest in this thing.

It's not the Orlandu banner yet.... but then...then chrono will be first on GAF with him. And probably end up with like 5 for a full group of pewpew.
Orlandu would be nice, which is why I'm going all-in on his banner, but honestly I'd take any 5* right now (even Delita). I just need one, to break this curse. I've been playing since launch, used every single ticket I worked for, spent money once/twice on Lapis deals, did dailies/multi-pulls, and still nothing. I feel nothing anymore when I summon and see a blue crystal. When it cracks to gold, or appears gold as default, I know it won't change to rainbow.

This is, by far, the worst luck I've had in ANY gatcha games I've played in my life, and there have been a few (more like, a lot). :/

Nope, nothing yet. :(

I'll have enough to do 3x multi-pulls on Orlandu's banner. We'll see what that brings me, but honestly, the game is just a constant disappointment for me. Every time I enter the Arena I see teams with 2+ 5* on them, and it's not just the odd one either. There are A LOT, and it just hammers home the point that I've been so damn unlucky in-regards to them. Sure, a lot of those are probably "whales" that spent a lot, but I've opened my wallet on one or two occasions too, but I received nothing but frustration.

I really...really hope Orlandu's banner brings me something, as I need something to rejuvenate my interest in this thing.
I feel ya. Before I got Dark Fina I felt the same way. I really do hope you get your very own awesome base 5* soon.

Lend me your current luck pls
Sure if you don't mind it only giving you healers and mages.

Muku

Orlandu would be nice, which is why I'm going all-in on his banner, but honestly I'd take any 5* right now (even Delita). I just need one, to break this curse. I've been playing since launch, used every single ticket I worked for, spent money once/twice on Lapis deals, did dailies/multi-pulls, and still nothing. I feel nothing anymore when I summon and see a blue crystal. When it cracks to gold, or appears gold as default, I know it won't change to rainbow.

This is, by far, the worst luck I've had in ANY gatcha games I've played in my life, and there have been a few (more like, a lot). :/

;_;

That's why when I think it happens, it's going to rain rainbows for you and changes everything. At least that is what I hope for you.

I've never had one go from Blue -> Gold -> Rainbow. I'm lucky if Blue goes to Gold.

Though, I hear ya on the arena teams with like Lightnings and Noctis flowing out of their rear. Urgh. WTF man. Only have Luneth. (Yeah Noel, but I don't normally run a tank with shit unless it needs it.) Was hoping for Noctis but that's pretty much dead. I'm awaiting Orlandu. You really going to go all in for Orlandu banner, even if it's kind of shitty? I am contemplating it. I would like another.. since god knows when Garland gets his 6*. If he had it coming soon I wouldn't sweat it. Want to bring him back into the fold.

Andvary

I got Ace with my daily! :D

rU9ssVkl.png

It shows the same time as yours spyhunter, they are twins. XD

Rixa

Yeah, I saw that and I'm glad for it. When ever I use your Ace I know I'm in for the easiest run with no worries of getting killed. Current team for the event was Chizuru, Tellah, ExDeath, Dark Fina, and Cecil.

If you are using mage meta and you have one extra Dual Cast, I would toss Tellah away and add Ace to your party. So I would level Ace.

Ace needs: Dual cast & Dual wield / GG. Then he works and is better (and bulkier) than Tellah.

chrono01

I feel ya. Before I got Dark Fina I felt the same way. I really do hope you get your very own awesome base 5* soon.
Thanks, here's hoping!

;_;

That's why when I think it happens, it's going to rain rainbows for you and changes everything. At least that is what I hope for you.

I've never had one go from Blue -> Gold -> Rainbow. I'm lucky if Blue goes to Gold.

Though, I hear ya on the arena teams with like Lightnings and Noctis flowing out of their rear. Urgh. WTF man. Only have Luneth. (Yeah Noel, but I don't normally run a tank with shit unless it needs it.) Was hoping for Noctis but that's pretty much dead. I'm awaiting Orlandu. You really going to go all in for Orlandu banner, even if it's kind of shitty? I am contemplating it. I would like another.. since god knows when Garland gets his 6*. If he had it coming soon I wouldn't sweat it. Want to bring him back into the fold.
I wasn't planning on going all-in until Orlandu returned later (on a better banner), but honestly I'm not so sure I can wait that long. I could always wait and see if they put Noctis on a nice banner and go all-in on that instead, but there's no telling if that will even happen.

I guess I'll wait and see how I feel when Orlandu's banner is released, but I'm really feeling the itch to get this thing off my back. It's weighing down on my constantly, despite me telling myself that it's okay and that my day will (eventually) come. It's too damn heavy I tell ya!

Edit:

Also, congrats Andvary!

FFWiki Curaja

Basically from start of FF series.

So basically someone screwed up at the start then they stuck with it. MEH

I've played more FF games in Japanese than I have in English so I never noticed.

I did a bit more research into this, and found this FFXIV dev post intriguing. They breakdown the differences and inconsistencies between the naming of the different power levels and how it effected the XIV localization decision to use numbers instead of suffixes. http://chaosreapersreborn.myfreeforum.org/archive/ability-localization-reasonings__o_t__t_47.html

Kettch

;_;

I picked a Cecil team in arena today and the asshole had 4 Noctis behind him. I know you have a 5th one, just put it in there too you jerk.

I was pretty lucky to get one Noctis, even though I did like 70 pulls. I don't think I'm gonna go in on any 5*s now, until FFVII/FFVIII/CT. My plan at the moment is to save up tickets for Tilith/Agrias/Rikku 4*s, since they're more reasonably attainable.

Rixa

I did a bit more research into this, and found this FFXIV dev post intriguing. They breakdown the differences and inconsistencies between the naming of the different power levels and how it effected the XIV localization decision to use numbers instead of suffixes. http://chaosreapersreborn.myfreeforum.org/archive/ability-localization-reasonings__o_t__t_47.html

Reddit Ayaka thread has hilarious comment.

Essai_ said:
Man i cant take Curada seriously, since it literally means "turd" in greek.

So yeah :D

bryt

Ahhh I hate the Doublicorn. I died twice now because I just hit repeat without paying attention since I never expect him to show up. That's 200 lapis down the drain.

Rixa

Ahhh I hate the Doublicorn. I died twice now because I just hit repeat without paying attention since I never expect him to show up. That's 200 lapis down the drain.

Not sure how high your nrg max is and how much you have % bonus units.
But if I would die to Dublicorn I would just do new run and use that 100 Lapis for nrg refill.

Mine:
13 nrg 200% (Ace, Jack, Trey) + friend bonus unit = ~700 currency
101 nrg max = ~8 runs = ~5600 currency + the possibility to meet Dublicorn again.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daily Pull...another Gold...was scared for a second that it would be one more Seven - but it was Snow. Pretty cool, since its my first one. But i think im done with the Banner now...already had 4 Gold (3x Seven, 1x Snow) in like 6 pulls....

bryt

Not sure how high your nrg max is and how much you have % bonus units.
But if I would die to Dublicorn I would just do new run and use that 100 Lapis for nrg refill.

Mine:
13 nrg 200% (Ace, Jack, Trey) + friend bonus unit = ~700 currency
101 nrg max = ~8 runs = ~5600 currency + the possibility to meet Dublicorn again.

Damn, I never thought of that. I have 94 energy and 250%-300% bonus depending on friend unit. I'll do that next time.

Skii

Wow, I managed to beat ELT on the FF type-0 event. The new friend units are really helping me. One of your Noctis just OHKOs everything with his magic lol. Should I buy the weapons from King Moogle or should I buy cactuars/summon tickets?

Also congrats to the guys who pulled Ace.

Rixa

Wow, I managed to beat ELT on the FF type-0 event. The new friend units are really helping me. One of your Noctis just OHKOs everything with his magic lol. Should I buy the weapons from King Moogle or should I buy cactuars/summon tickets?

Also congrats to the guys who pulled Ace.

Get the 2000 costing Dagger. Get the cactuars and get the cheaper tickets (500 & 1000).

- Dagger first
- Cactuars then
- Lastly tickets

Rixa

Why the dagger? Is the mentality it's cheap 10%HP for Cecil or is here something more?

Get the Survival Edge. It's 10% HP on a weapon and it's wind element. That'll be useful for the Gilgamesh fight. If Rain 6-star drops when you Gilgamesh shows up, you can cover 4 elements if you DW a Light and Wind Weapon then attack with his Fire/Earth attack. Even after that, you can equip the Survival edge on your support mages that don't rely on Magic or Spirit. 10% HP is always good.

The Unusual Artifact is not bad either if you don't have Bracers or your unit doesn't have a high enough base attack to beat to make the most out of a 10% Ring

That's why.

Niahak

So with equal equips, Noct is better than Luneth?

I can't speak from a min-max perspective, but I have both and if I had to ditch one it'd be Luneth hands-down. Luneth has a decent single-target attack, and a cheaper multi-target attack, but Noctis has much better debuffing (e.g. Warp Break, Thunder Flask), elemental attacks, better weapon access, and is almost always useful. He even has a group buff in a pinch, can take a few hits, and has a jump ability that restores a bunch of his MP. Noctis works as both DPS and utility, but Luneth is a one-trick pony.

Luneth's only advantage seems to be built-in Dual Wield and ailment resistance. You do need to give Noctis dual-wield for him to compete.

Valentus

So in 2 days is a new trial... i hard one. So, what we know about this trial is (extracted from reddit: )

1 killer mantis (insect) 200,000 fire -50% sleep/confuse +50%, petrify +100%
1 belmodar (beast) 100,000 thunder +50% petrify +100%

2 ochu (plant) 200,000 fire -50% poison +50%, petrify +100%
2 microchu x3? (plant) 100,000 fire/earth -50%, water +50% petrify +100%

3 roper (stone) 200,000 fire -50% poison/paralysis/petrify +100%
3 yellow jelly (aquatic) 140,000 thunder -50% all +100%
3 green slime (aquatic) 140,000 fire/ice -50% all +100%
3 red marshmallow (aquatic) 140,000 ice -50%, fire +50% all +100%

4 hell's rider (demon) 500,000 fire/darkness -50% poison/sleep/paralysis/petrification +100%
4 flamesblade (human) 400,000 ice -50%, fire +50% poison/blind/silence/paralysis/petrify +100%

5 architeuth (aquatic) 600,000 fire/thunder -50%, earth +50% paralysis +50%, poison/sleep/silence/petrify +100%
5 tentacle x3? (aquatic) 200,000 fire/thunder -50%, earth +50% poison/petrify +100%

6 terror knight (reaper) 800,000 light -50%, darkness +100% note: 1KO by raise-type abilities poison/blind/sleep/silence/paralysis/petrify +100%

7 chimera (beast) 700,000 fire/ice/thunder +100% all +100%
7 antlion (insect) 600,000 water -50%, earth +50% poison/silence/paralysis/petrify +100%

8 wandering one (fairy) 800,000 ice -50%, fire +50% blind/sleep/silence/paralysis/confuse/disease +50%, poison/petrify +100%
8 wyvern (dragon) 700,000 poison/blind/sleep/paralysis/petrify +100%

9 europa (machine) 800,000 thunder/water/light -50%, wind/earth +100% poison/blind/sleep/silence/paralysis/disease/petrify +100%
9 searcher (machine) 300,000 thunder -50% paralysis +50%, poison/sleep/silence/petrify +100%

So basically is a damage race vs MP race.

A stacked team with an OP noctis should be enough, with an Exdeath and Seven for elemental debuff.

Also, terror knight can be killed with a phoenix down, so is an ideal momento for restock of MP via items or osmose.

The team i will try to use to clear all achievements:

Exdeath
Friend Exdeath
Seven
Rain
Warrior of Light

its a risky party but i will heal with items (unless the enemies were buffed and i need curaja

- Party of 5 or less
- Kill Europa with an esper
- No KO's

So item usage is valid.

What i pretend to do:

Round 1: Elementlash to mantis - full break - chain firaga
Round 2: Same of round 1 (to Ochu)
Round 3: Elementlash, full break, leadership, chain firaga. Then chain Blizzaga to red marshmallow
Round 4: elementlash to flamesblade, full break to flamesblade, leadership, chain firaga
Round 5: elementlash, full break, leadership, chain firaga
Round 6: phoenix down with seven, osmose with exdeath, elixirs to rain and the other exdeath, turbo ether from the other exdeath to seven
Round 7: (this is the one that complicates me) : Imperil from Seven, full break, leadership, chain meteor
Round 8: Elementlash to wyvern, leadership, full break, chain blizzaga
Final Round: Elemetlash to europa, full break europa, leadership, chain thundaga

I dont know if that will work... maybe in round 1 i will be wiped out XD, and have to rethink my strategy again, but yeah, thats what i have planned to do.

Managed to hit 700 attack w/ Noct over the weekend after finishing DW and BM.

TMs left to finish for him : Sakura, Black Cowl, 2x Bracer.

Dual Wield is indeed amazing.

Syrus

Banned
My first twonpulls were trey and jack , 8 pulls later no more on banner units. :*(

2 seems to be enough to farm all you need though. Got moogle and megacites and the dagger.

Will buy megas , sacred crystals anf all gigantaurs and see after that

My lightning is at 681!! Got excal and Sakurs and blademaster on her.

Working dual cast , PoC , Deathbringer and blavk cowl now

Valentus

Theres no category that luneth can be better than noctis.

Noctis outclasses him in all ways possible.

We know luneth enhaced is way better, but we have to wait to noctis enhaced.

Right now, the difference between noctis and luneth is like night and day,

Abylim

Thanks for the replies

I have dual weild, Excalibur and save the queen TM done, working on bracer, celestial gloves, Sakura and dual cast

My party for most things is Noct, Luneth, Agrias, Exdeath and Arc. I sub out Arc for Refia if I need heals. I have Cecil and CoD maxed out as well

Valentus

Abylim

Since wednesday, replace Agrias for Rain. His 6 star is more useful than her.

I would use

Noctis
Luneth
Cecil
Rain
Exdeath/Refia

mstevens

Gratz. Its fun to use.
But you really need TM's to get MAG to decent levels. If you have Exdeath use it or use many Exdeaths. I haven't tested but I guess I could get my Exdeath MAG higher than Ace mag.

That said my TM roided Ace has 612 MAG.

Wow I haven't seen an Ace with mag that high yet. Would you mind adding me to your friends?

576 267 377

Plus anyone else who would like to add me.

RedZaraki

Banned

You should just eat the loss. 100 lapis = refresh = several runs of the vortex.

CCIE

Banned
I'm not worried about refreshing the vortex... Not enough friends without Seven or Ace. I won't run without them, because I get 550-600 each time. By maintenance I will be done, even though only seen doublicorn once in 70 ELT runs - BS rates

Oh, and Seven is amazing with Light and two ExDeath. ELT is trivial because of Refia. Two turns for boss every time, unless I kill it in one. No worries about serious damage, either. After he paralyzes some number of units except Refia, she Esuna's two of them (My Seven and Light). If she survives drop, she Esuna's both ExDeath. If not, boss is already whittled down enough to take care of. And if Seven or ExDeath have LB, paralyzed boss on first round.

hmm whats the best weapons seven can get access to in the future as far as elementals?

i can see her Dual weilding elemental weapons and doing Lash to Insult big damage

Rixa

Wow I haven't seen an Ace with mag that high yet. Would you mind adding me to your friends?

576 267 377

Plus anyone else who would like to add me.

Yeah. I had to kick some player away. Its a shame that I can't get more than 130 friends to list. Its like game developers don't want my Lapis / money :D.

Pejo

Man, up until this event, I've always grinded out every possible energy and farmed every good item, I just don't think I have it in me anymore. I've been getting a pretty good rate of Doublicorns though.

I've switched to running pro for about 500 per run with my party. ELT was too iffy on Noct getting paralyzed/blinded, don't feel like messing with that. New challenge sounds fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom