• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I pulled about 100 times this morning and got 0 rainbow crystals. Really makes me wonder why I don't go back to FFRK instead, 100 pulls there and you woudl be fucking SET. :-/ And the combat is quite a bit more engaging IMO
Opinions and all but watching paint dry is more engaging than FFRK.

_woLf

I pulled about 100 times this morning and got 0 rainbow crystals. Really makes me wonder why I don't go back to FFRK instead, 100 pulls there and you woudl be fucking SET. :-/ And the combat is quite a bit more engaging IMO

It's fucking bullshit that I really can't play certain things because I'm not lucky.

Worst fucking game design on the planet.

Opinions and all but watching paint dry is more engaging than FFRK.

IDK, I mean the meta-game in FFBE is literally not playing. Granted, it's been 1.5 years since I played FFRK, so IDK how it's changed, but the events were always fun and challenging back when I played, and the pull rates were pretty reasonable (not to mention published / discoverable)

H3xum

Is the cost for pulling similar? This is my first gacha experience so hearing something like that makes me wonder. Does BE just rake you over the coals with the rates or would 100 pulls in RK cost you more than it does in BE?

Is the cost for pulling similar? This is my first gacha experience so hearing something like that makes me wonder. Does BE just rake you over the coals with the rates or would 100 pulls in RK cost you more than it does in BE?

BE just has ass low rates. I've played FFRK, Dragon Blaze, and P&D and every single one had massively better pull rates. And yes the $cost / pull is similar. RK has a similar banner system where banners increase pull rates of the selected units, but the rates of getting one of the most highly coveted items from a given banner was more like 3-5% instead of the ~1% it is in this game. If I pulled 100 times in RK I would expect not only to get every single advertised item on the banner, I would further expect to get it *multiple times*.

BE just has ass low rates. I've played FFRK, Dragon Blaze, and P&D and every single one had massively better pull rates. And yes the $cost / pull is similar. RK has a similar banner system where banners increase pull rates of the selected units, but the rates of getting one of the most highly coveted items from a given banner was more like 3-5% instead of the ~1% it is in this game. If I pulled 100 times in RK I would expect not only to get every single advertised item on the banner, I would further expect to get it *multiple times*.

I disagree with this on one point. I've spent nearly half on this that I ever did in P&D and I've got 10x more to show here that I ever did in P&D. But I expect everyone's experience to be different in these gatcha games as we are at the mercy of RNG for the most part.

H3xum

Ah man, I just looked up RK and they have FFVIII :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I want

UrSuLeTzU

Ill be very interested to see if these changes to blues are permanent

If so daily pull reports and 11 pulls just got more interesting

Well, I did get my 3rd Lud today and ONLY 2 Shadows dropped in 11 pulls so who knows, maybe... I finally caved and did 1 cactuar dune to get my Snow to 100. He's sitting pretty now with about 340atk and I actually put him in my arena team since he counters everything like a boss. Bladeblitz shining splendor + thorn mace on WoL, Area Blast on Snow, Meteor on Exdeath, Ultima on Ramza and Refia with embolden are causing all kinds of havoc in the arena :D. Btw, if I equip a champion belt on Snow does his counter rate go to 90% then? Or would it be better to equip it on WoL and have 2 tanks counter?

Ah man, I just looked up RK and they have FFVIII :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I want

You might as well try both. If you're f2p then there's no harm no foul. If you're not f2p, then at least you have a chance to see what works best for you before you start dipping.

chrono01

Say what you want but I love the FFXIII OST!
The FFXIII OST is amazing. I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

PSA

Set your friend summon to Lightning you fucks
I would.

...IF I HAD A LIGHTNING! :(

I had an awful nightmare where I'd spent a lot of money to get Lightning, but only got trash. Then I kept buying lapis to get her.

I clearly remember that one of the pulls consisted only of Vanille, and she is not even on the banner lol.

I'm playing this game too much.
You know it's bad when you can't even pull Lightning in your dreams. :(

Whelp decided to do one more and GOT DAT BITCH!
Congrats on the Lani!

Hooooly shit, I just got a Rainbow Lightning!!! It crashed after she popped up though :( so just seeing who else I got. Wow..
Congrats man. Lightning, too powerful, crashed your phone.

Deal with it. /shades

1 - I am damn tired. Woke up pretty late because I got up at 3am (GMT) to finish my arena streak, which I did! 100 straight wins get!

2 - Feeling pretty good about the game. I know we complain about Gumi but clearly they are listening so I thank them for that. Increased gears is very much welcomed, and the compensation was very nice too (no nrg but you could use the lapis for refills if you so wish).

3 - I've had 2 gigantuars in 4 runs of the event. Surely the rate of that is up as well?

4 - Malakhov don't quit. A lot of us have been where you are.

5 - Congrats to people getting Lightning and/or desirable pulls.

6 - My friend got one of the best TM 11 pulls I've ever seen. Had to spend 10 minutes convincing him not to fuse his Zidanes though lol. It was like trying to talk someone out of jumping off a cliff.

E9vU9kBl.jpg
Holy shit @ that pull...

Oh shit...
Finally collected 30k gears to get the Trust Moogle!
So with the final 900ish gears I started buying the cheap tickets... or 1 at least and immediately spent it.

GChbCqol.jpg

Gold turned into Rainbow!
Oh man, another? Stop making me want to spend my hoarded Tidus/Orlandu Lapis!

Congrats to you!

Sry for the language....but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH.

So i just bought the last 3 tickets from the MogKing. First pull on the FFV Banner....Rainbow...

Honestly i never expected to pull a 5* base unit in this game.
The language is well-warranted.

Congrats man, I'm happy for you!

I also got my first Zidane with a ticket. Is today just a crazy outlier? At what point does the Rain of Zidanes™ become a pattern?
When it 'danes, it pours.

Getting 2 Growth Eggs just came somewhat easier. Having 5 Medius now. Only one Gold and still no Zidane...

FUCK IT I DON'T CARE. TIME TO OPEN:

Onlyonegold.PNG
Congrats, Rixa!

I.....I caved. $100 dropped. $100 in. 2 eleven pulls.

Wow.

WOW.

WOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!

HOLY GOD IN HEAVEN.

First set:

Y5v73f9.png

Second set:

8zrHc0p.png

Latest Obtained List.

ZHRoOMV.png

I've been physical dps starved for so.....so long. Just my basic ass Bartz, Chizuru and CoD.

THIS IS SOME NEXT LEVEL SHIT.
Buy a lotto ticket. Now. Two 5* base, in back-to-back multi-pull...I can't...I just can't.

Congrats to you on your awesome luck. I'm jealous.

No, I don't know where you can find information for a level 1 Tilith's stats. But, in game it already shows the bonus applied to her, strip her naked and check her stats. If there is a bonus (+ number) it's because awakening didn't reset anything.
Lewd.

Nikokuno

FFRK rate pull is way better for sure. My last 4 25pulls (Lucky Banner) were at least 2 rainbows in each (with mostly BSSB and one OSSB) :(

But rates increase a lot since a don't really play anymore of course...

tuffymon

Why wouldnt they tell us "hey guys, we made the rates way better . Enjoy!" to make us happy and get us to spend more money?

It would be a win for them

Maybe its possible with all the errors and extended downtime that the drop rate code was affected, and they don't know about it yet >.>;

c-murph

FFRK rate pull is way better for sure. My last 4 25pulls (Lucky Banner) were at least 2 rainbows in each (with mostly BSSB and one OSSB) :(

But rates increase a lot since a don't really play anymore of course...

I pretty much log in to collect bonuses... Game has really come to a crawl. There hasn't been anything new in months. Haven't tried Morbius yet because I ain't got time to play that RK, BE and KHUX. Morbius ran like garbage on my Moto G. Might redownload it on my Moto Z Play and see how it runs someday.

Zalasta

The gear difference between ELT (running at 300% bonus) and PRO (400%) for me isn't too big. The only thing is that you get 4 chances at other drops in ELT but only 1 in PRO. So I've decided to go ahead and keep running ELT when I have 600+ Lightning friend available, PRO for the 400-500 Lightning (although sub 500 is risky because she can't kill the boss in one shot).

The seemingly improved pulled rate is encouraging, but I'm still weary of chasing Lightning in fear of being disappointed (for every person that got one today, someone else didn't, so with my usual luck, I will most likely fall into the latter group).

I pretty much log in to collect bonuses... Game has really come to a crawl. There hasn't been anything new in months. Haven't tried Morbius yet because I ain't got time to play that RK, BE and KHUX. Morbius ran like garbage on my Moto G. Might redownload it on my Moto Z Play and see how it runs someday.

Ahh if the content updates have ended that would be kind of a bummer I guess.

LucaMac

IDK, I mean the meta-game in FFBE is literally not playing. Granted, it's been 1.5 years since I played FFRK, so IDK how it's changed, but the events were always fun and challenging back when I played, and the pull rates were pretty reasonable (not to mention published / discoverable)

6* Equipment came in recently and 11 pulls guarantee a 5* now. I still play global and Japanese FFRK, completely free play and have very decent gear on both...it's definitely more forgiving for non whales...I came close to deleting FFBE a few times in frustration, but not FFRK. Different strokes etc. The mog cake business nearly ruined FFBE. Got hooked again recently and it's surpassed FFRK a little in some ways but its seriously more time consuming which is both a plus and a minus depending on the day. The collusium drags a bit for a free player, but I'm gradually building...

Record Keeper is currently in the beta stage of multiplayer. Definitely a nice change of pace and its been full on in Japan for a good while now and I'm enjoying it. My biggest problem is that both games have expanded a lot recently and I don't have as much time to juggle both as well as Japan record keeper...but I've put so much time in its hard to remove any. If you'd asked me to delete one pre Halloween it probably would have been FFBE. Now... It would be a tough decision. Probably Japan Record Keeper...but I've 4 OSB relics (Break Damage Limit).

...I remember the day you quit FFRK actually. I'd been on the Gaf but my account hadn't been accepted until after you'd quit. You were the Chilli of the FFRK Gaf that nobody would remove. Still had you in my friends list until very recently. (Wakkas Status Reels was overshadowed fairly soon after but still had it's uses)...Record Inspector was very highly respected by all even those who came in after you had left used it frequently.

Kouriozan

I agree FFRK is more F2P friendly, like I already said I had the "holy trinity" 2 months after playing again last year, then managed to get top items and get a stack of 500 mythrils before quitting in July because the game was too easy (and doing the required easy event stages took way too long, like almost 1 hours just to reach Ultimate, since loading was slow and crashed from time to time)

The day I'll go back I can pretty much get what I want and I know I will unlike in FFBE :lol

LucaMac

Did KHUX until Snow White event and Mobius until the chocobo event. Was hooked on both until that point and then it just got tedious. KHUX was tedious in general.

709 Gears (218+491) = ELT @ 225% with Refia (for Embolden) + BCL (Hex Paralysis) + CoD (DPS support) + Vanille (Esper Imperil) + Fang (Esper Deprotect) + OP Friend Lightning.

874 Gears (184+690) = PRO @ 375% with 2 Sazh + 2 Fang + Vanille + OP Friend Lightning.

Unless the Gigantaur rate is significantly higher on ELT, I'll stick to PRO.
There is a bigger variance in the drop rates than I initially thought. So far I've gotten the following for PRO w/ 375% bonus.
144+540 = 684
164+615 = 779
174+653 = 827
184+690 = 874

chrono01

I Dont Believe these improved drop rates are true
5 more pulls today....
Luna
Shadow
Tellah
Arc
Fang
Honestly, of those the only "sup-par" character is Shadow.

- Luna has the Barrage TM, which is decently-useful.

- Tellah has +30% MP, which is great for casters (especially ones like Tillith, who need as much MP as they can get.

- Arc is a decent-caster.

- Fang is...well...Fang. She's a banner character, but not especially useful. Still considering premium though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I Dont Believe these improved drop rates are true
5 more pulls today....
Luna
Shadow
Tellah
Arc
Fang

Luna and Shadow are common

The other three are Premo.

That's what people mean by changing it. It's not that you'll be getting more 4*, 5* crystals, but they may have normalized the 3* base.

So instead of the average of 7 to 8 common units(Trash units). The average seems to be more fair now to get something useful. Which 3 of those characters are. Arc is the best 5* Mage with a great TM, Tellah is still a great mage, and Fang is the new banner unit. Instead of 4 Shadows and 1 Analzem. Basically, if true, stuff like Zid and Miyuki will no longer have the same odds as pulling a Rainbow, but a more normalized chance. Hence why a lot of people seem to be getting some nice pulls. Also means increased chance for the 4* units.

Fyi, the Crystal change will not help you get Rainbows. It just means when you pull one, it won't be a troll one is all. So that 100 pull with no rainbow will still be 100 pull with no rainbow.

LucaMac

I agree FFRK is more F2P friendly, like I already said I had the "holy trinity" 2 months after playing again last year, then managed to get top items and get a stack of 500 mythrils before quitting in July because the game was too easy (and doing the required easy event stages took way too long, like almost 1 hours just to reach Ultimate)

The day I'll go back I can pretty much get what I want and I know I will unlike in FFBE :lol

Multiplayer definitely brings something new. You only get to use two characters, one front row, one back. Alongside three other players with two each. No pausing. No s/l. Set speed and nothing lost if you disconnect. Going to be fun joining up with the other gaffers to plan a party and roles to take down some of the beasts when it kicks off properly. It's not AI either. It's full on multiplayer, four people on four different devices.

Anyway...I'll stop now. Wrong thread and all.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm just having a bad FFBE day :(

-- didn't get a lightning (lol)

-- lost one battle in the Arena (which was ridiculous btw).

-- lost TWO ELT battles, the last with a damn gigantaur in my pocket, because the first battle always wipes my two bonus units if you don't get them first. Noticing this on any unit (lightning / luneth / elza) under 550 atk.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If it is true about the change, I do think the only other adjustment I'd like to see be done is Yellow Crystals will only be Premium units or above(3*+). No Shadows or Clynes for them really.

I think that would be a pretty good place to be till the Crystal change down the road. We still don't have enough Rainbows to make it 5* base only. We're sitting at just 6, 5* base units still. I know people whine about it a lot, but it's extremely shortsighted in the sense that it would definitely flood the market with them more, hence they'll have to up the curve then even more.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If it is true about the change, I do think the only other adjustment I'd like to see be done is Yellow Crystals will only be Premium units or above(3*+). No Shadows or Clynes for them really.

I think that would be a pretty good place to be till the Crystal change down the road.

anecdotal but i'm near certain they've already upped the rate of golds a touch over the past 3 weeks. now they just need to fix the actual pulls.

can we also fix rainbows? I know I've pulled a couple hundred at this point and haven't seen one yet. I'm due for at least one!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
anecdotal but i'm near certain they've already upped the rate of golds a touch over the past 3 weeks. now they just need to fix the actual pulls.

can we also fix rainbows? I know I've pulled a couple hundred at this point and haven't seen one yet. I'm due for at least one!

I did just state it above, but I still think the fix most people want would be highly disastrous for the game.

Why? Remember when everyone bitched about the Maxwell fight? Or bitching about the plant? The more common Rainbows become and those units, the less effective they'll have to be. So the bosses will just get buffed dragging that power creep up much quicker.

Basically if you've ever bitched about something being too hard, you may want to rethink it.

udca

Kicked 2 non gaffers. Add me! 512 783 735

739 atk Elza, but no machine killer D:

I can solo the event, but it's hard and might require elixirs.

Azuran

Banned
Multiplayer definitely brings something new. You only get to use two characters, one front row, one back. Alongside three other players with two each. No pausing. No s/l. Set speed and nothing lost if you disconnect. Going to be fun joining up with the other gaffers to plan a party and roles to take down some of the beasts when it kicks off properly. It's not AI either. It's full on multiplayer, four people on four different devices.

Anyway...I'll stop now. Wrong thread and all.

KHUX is pretty decent right now because we have actually gotten some good events and they're basically giving away epics right now every time you pull. You could probably have a keyblade full of guilted epic medals if you pull enough. They also reduced the mercy pull to 5 so that's great too.

Whales

Banned
My friend is currently rerolling on the FFV banner until he gets a gilgamesh, I asked him to tell me what he got every roll because it would be pretty useful, especially with this new banner theory

exdeath x3, kuja, fran, golbez x2, kefka, arc, bartz, sabin, cecil

shanttoto, celes,rydia, bartz, exdeath, anzelm, lani,roselia, charlotte

exdeath 4*, bedile 4*, bartz x2, maria, anzelm, firion, leo, kuja, lani, vivi

4* sabin, 4* miyuki, 4* refia, cyan x 2, clyne x 2, vivi, bartz, maria, tellah, lani

will edit if he tells me more... but just based on these, there sure as hell seem to be a change.

I remember back when I would reroll, I would get anzelm x3 and shadow x2, not freaking Firion, Leo, Kuja

LucaMac

KHUX is pretty decent right now because we have actually gotten some good events and they're basically giving away epics right now every time you pull. You could probably have a keyblade full of guilted epic medals if you pull enough. They also reduced the mercy pull to 5 so that's great too.

I don't think I can go back as tempting as it is. I'd have to discard one of the others to do so and the gameplay got too tedious to keep me hooked. Knowing I'd have fallen far behind would annoy me too. Played Record Keeper, Möbius, Brave Exvius and KH from launch (soft Launch for BE) and once I drop one I don't have the motivation to go back. Glad I stuck it out with BE. Glad I didn't with KH. I'd guilted up a lot but I know I'd be seriously underpowered if I went back. I need to be able to complete everything or I drop it. I imagine a lot of content would be out of my reach. In Record Keeper the real tough stuff comes back once a month so I can relax and take it in when I'm stronger.

Razmos

Another ticket...
RAINBOW!

Not Lightning :(
I got 5* Chizuru though, finally got her after all this time, and so shortly after Sakurafubuki as well

Kouriozan

I need to try it again and see if they finally translated in French (not a turn-off if it's english only but still nice when they care)
EDIT : nope, will still play a bit again when I'm bored to see how it changed.

Zalasta

There is a bigger variance in the drop rates than I initially thought. So far I've gotten the following for PRO w/ 375% bonus.
144+540 = 684
164+615 = 779
174+653 = 827
184+690 = 874

That's because each of the mobs in the 3 rounds before the boss can drop gears (worth 10 each maybe?), so you may get only 1 chest or all 9.

Where as in ELT, there are only 2 from the first round that aren't guaranteed.

Malakhov

Banned
Sent a bunch of shit through contact support to gumi. Then I did a few runs for some gears. Last ticket:

So angry yet finally I've got her. Mixed feeling.

I'm back at least. I missed you guys.

forgrim

Sent a bunch of shit through contact support to gumi. Then I did a few runs for some gears. Last ticket:

So angry yet finally I've got her. Mixed feeling.

I'm back at least. I missed you guys.

U did it, and now u have a beast team of gilga and lightning. Wb.

Zafir

Man, used the last of my lapis and did two 10+1 pulls. Absolutely abysmal outside of maybe Garnet and Hope. Though I doubt I'll use either.

I must be on a ridiculous amount of pulls now without a rainbow crystal since I started during soft launch. Sigh.

Guess there's still a few tickets I'm missing from the event, but I'm really not hopeful.

tuffymon

I've been really mulling over ThunderFall... One hand it's the same mp as Electric Blitz, but a .1x better which makes it kinda meh, but on the other it's being used twice, so the -50% resist SHOULD kick in on the second attack right? The question now is whether that damage is worth a 10% attack or not? Any thoughts one way or the other?

Syntsui

I've been really mulling over ThunderFall... One hand it's the same mp as Electric Blitz, but a .1x better which makes it kinda meh, but on the other it's being used twice, so the -50% resist SHOULD kick in on the second attack right? The question now is whether that damage is worth a 10% attack or not? Any thoughts one way or the other?
It's magic damage so you should not even use it expecting to hit hard. Yeah the second hit will be stronger, but still weak as fuck.

Your next electric blitz is the one that will do severe damage.

Alkez

No need for Excalibur, Save The Queen and Deathbringer are just as good. Hell, Deathbringer is even better because of the Human Eater.

Save The Queen is negligibly weaker and has no element, but the skill is holy so it doesn't matter.

Deathbringer has dark element, so the skill will have dark property.

Holy explosion is not light/holy damage so you need Excalibur.

Also using deathbringer will reduce your damage output as it will average the elemental weakness to 25% rather than 50% from just light weaponry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom