• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

So you're expected to pull a 4 star from 20-30 pulls? lmao wow. Didn't know the rates were that bad. Has there been any rate up events where there's a relatively good chance to get good units?

I'd say a players choice one is your best bet. Where they have a poll and then top winners are up on the banner. We had one a good while back now. Had Cloud of Darkness, Chizuru, Warrior of Light (how the hell did I not get him there, ugh..), Lenna, and Kefka on it. I was already swimming in Kefka before then from a previous banner.

It won't neccessarily help with getting the 4* but since the overall chance is upped a bit it helps. Husband and I both pulled our first CoD from it. (It was funny, I pulled a CoD and he got super jealous. A minute later he pulls and gets one too, haha.)

I feel like the player choice banners are where it's at. Because players vote for the good shit to be on the banner.

As much of a pain in the ass as Double Popcorn is, especially if you're dragging along scrub units from this banner, it should be 3k.

Lyrian

So you're expected to pull a 4 star from 20-30 pulls? lmao wow. Didn't know the rates were that bad. Has there been any rate up events where there's a relatively good chance to get good units?

If there is only one gold unit in the banner (in this case, Seven), then the expected draw rate for her is 5%, or 1 in 20.

**However**, in reality, luck comes into play. You could draw her in 2 pulls. You could still not pull her in 30-40 pulls. Math says there is still a 12.85% chance that you wouldn't pull her in 40 pulls ( 1 - [0.95^40]). My worst 4* that I went "all in" for was Refia, which took 42 pulls (including 2 11-pulls that both missed her on the bonus pull (see sentence below on bonus pull).

Hence, the dangerous allure of the 11-pull for 5000 lapis. There, the bonus pull gives a 50% to pull the 4* base unit on banner (on top of the 10 chances at 5% per).

The odds become significantly worse when there are more than one gold unit on the banner. But, generally speaking, Global appears to be actively trying to avoid that after previous backlash (the dreaded Tillith banner) when it can.

Is there a way to check how many runs or is everyone just noting it somewhere? I should keep better track!

I've only seen 1 Doublicorn so far in any case.

robotuw

Is there a way to check how many runs or is everyone just noting it somewhere? I should keep better track!

I've only seen 1 Doublicorn so far in any case.

Go to Menu->Guides->Monsters and scroll down to Vajra (no.269) and see how many times you defeated it. Compare that to the number of times you defeated the doublicorn.

Muku

Double Pop made me remember how Noctis can do EVERYTHING, 100% raise, mirage tanking, jumping with HP/MP healing, it's silly.

That's why I envy everyone that has Noctis. ;_;

Decided to look at my Double Popcorn stats.

Vajra: 75 times
Double Popcorn: 4

Skii

I'd say a players choice one is your best bet. Where they have a poll and then top winners are up on the banner. We had one a good while back now. Had Cloud of Darkness, Chizuru, Warrior of Light (how the hell did I not get him there, ugh..), Lenna, and Kefka on it. I know there was another that I can't I was already swimming in Kefka before then from a previous banner.

It won't neccessarily help with getting the 4* but since the overall chance is upped a bit it helps. Husband and I both pulled our first CoD from it. (It was funny, I pulled a CoD and he got super jealous. A minute later he pulls and gets one too, haha.)

I feel like the player choice banners are where it's at. Because players vote for the good shit to be on the banner.

As much of a pain in the ass as Double Popcorn is, especially if you're dragging along scrub units from this banner, it should be 3k.

Ah okay thanks for the insight. Are those player choice banners at a specific intervals or was it just a one off that might happen again?

If there is only one gold unit in the banner (in this case, Seven), then the expected draw rate for her is 5%, or 1 in 20.

**However**, in reality, luck comes into play. You could draw her in 2 pulls. You could still not pull her in 30-40 pulls. Math says there is still a 12.85% chance that you wouldn't pull her in 40 pulls ( 1 - [0.95^40]). My worst 4* that I went "all in" for was Refia, which took 42 pulls (including 2 11-pulls that both missed her on the bonus pull (see sentence below on bonus pull).

Hence, the dangerous allure of the 11-pull for 5000 lapis. There, the bonus pull gives a 50% to pull the 4* base unit on banner (on top of the 10 chances at 5% per).

The odds become significantly worse when there are more than one gold unit on the banner. But, generally speaking, Global appears to be actively trying to avoid that after previous backlash (the dreaded Tillith banner) when it can.

Yeah I'm used to pulling the "higher" rarity units with fairer odds in other gachas but they the way the units evolve in this game makes them more valuable than others. I'll probably do daily as long as I have a stash saved for the "big one". Is it recommended then to do multis over singles? Even though you get double the pulls with singles?

Muku

Ah okay thanks for the insight. Are those player choice banners at a specific intervals or was it just a one off that might happen again?

Yeah I'm used to pulling the "higher" rarity units with fairer odds in other gachas but they the way the units evolve in this game makes them more valuable than others. I'll probably do daily as long as I have a stash saved for the "big one". Is it recommended then to do multis over singles? Even though you get double the pulls with singles?

Don't believe there is a specific time. Just something that can pop up as far as I know.

Shouta

It's kinda bad right now because units can appear in all crystals if they have a corresponding form but after the crystal change, it's a lot easier to get the 4-star units in a low number of pulls. You'll swim in featured 3-star units too, lol

The scheme that they use for event gatchas, at least for JP, is featured 5-star is .5% chance to pull. The featured 4-star unit is about 5% while the featured 3-star is 20%. They divide the precentage by the number of featured units for that banner. If there are 2 featured 3-star units, then they each get 10%. 2 featured 4-star units is about 2.5% each.

The quality of 4-star units goes up as the game matures and the quality of TMs from 3-star units goes up significantly too. When Tidus becomes available in a few months, so will Abel, giving folks an option to get Dual-Wield from a 3-star unit, though not quite as good as the Zidane or Gilgamesh versions.

Lyrian

In regard to player's choice banners..... so far, there is no real rhyme or reason for them. They happen when Gumi has a hole in the release schedule they need to fill. Otherwise, unlike other gacha games, there is so set pattern to them yet.

Ahh... the mega-dreaded question on pulling. The answer really depends on how much money you are willing to throw at the game. Technically, in a vaccum, yes, 11-pulls are superior to the single pulls. But, **only** on the bonus pull (the first unit that appears in the 11-pull). The other 10 pulls are treated the same as single pulls. That said, 11-pulls are really only justified (if even that) when chasing and praying for the 5* base unit on the banner, as the bonus pull has a 5% chance of pulling the rainbow unit versus 1% via normal pulls. Still, that's a very expensive buy-in for a single roll to pull a 5* base at 4* rates. But, if money is no object, then more power to you then.

Valentus

The 70-30 rule must end and buen in hell.

Its not possible that a banner with 2 or more 5stars has almost the dame chance of pulling than the normal banner

Shouta

the +1 pull from the batch ones are totally worth saving your Lapis specifically to do that unless you're actively TM farming and are willing to use it to refill your stamina. This will be especially true after the crystal change when all you'll pull is base 4-star units and they're all pretty much good either because of their kit or their TM.

mstevens

My plan as someone who is f2p at least for now: Save all Lapis until there is a banner that interests me and just do daily pulls. If it's a banner that I realllly want, I'll blow my saved summon tickets on the last day. Then, I'll start saving tickets and try to rebuild my lapis storage. By not going for the 10+1 and being selective about banners, I'm hoping to always have at least some lapis saved up.

Not expecting 5* bases or anything, but I figure the ability to do single pulls semi regularly will keep the game fun.

Skii

Hmm so we just need to wait for them to change the way rare units are generated from pulls. I hope that's soon as I'm notorious for getting terrible pulls in gachas lol.

I just want Noctis. He's so good. Literally carries me atm as a friend unit.

I actually think I did get a rainbow crystal from dailies (must've done 60 pulls in this game) and it was Vanille. She's a base 4 star so if the pull system was fixed, that would've been Lightning :(

mstevens

Hmm so we just need to wait for them to change the way rare units are generated from pulls. I hope that's soon as I'm notorious for getting terrible pulls in gachas lol.

I just want Noctis. He's so good. Literally carries me atm as a friend unit.

I actually think I did get a rainbow crystal from dailies (must've done 60 pulls in this game) and it was Vanille. She's a base 4 star so if the pull system was fixed, that would've been Lightning :(

How far into the game are you? You could consider rerolling, or even rerolling for fun when you're out of NRG. Never know what will pop up. Qhonny got. Lightning and Luneth (and I think Refia since then) and I got Noctis/Agrias/Exdeath/Zidane with my first 10 pulls (although I think it's just 5 free tickets atm)

The chances of pulling a Noctis right now is astronomically low, but at least rerolling you can pull as much as you want.

Quonny

Yeah, Lightning, Luneth, Exdeath, Refia, Luka, CoD, Firion, Zidane. Only thing I've bought is that beginner pack because that thing was a gewd deal.

I know it's not normal.

ALL WORTHLESS COMPARED TO PRINCE NOCTIS LUCIS CAELUM

Muku

the +1 pull from the batch ones are totally worth saving your Lapis specifically to do that unless you're actively TM farming and are willing to use it to refill your stamina. This will be especially true after the crystal change when all you'll pull is base 4-star units and they're all pretty much good either because of their kit or their TM.

This is why I'm saving my lapis. Once that crystal change happens I really will consider doing big pulls.

Skii

How far into the game are you? You could consider rerolling, or even rerolling for fun when you're out of NRG. Never know what will pop up. Qhonny got. Lightning and Luneth (and I think Refia since then) and I got Noctis/Agrias/Exdeath/Zidane with my first 10 pulls (although I think it's just 5 free tickets atm)

The chances of pulling a Noctis right now is astronomically low, but at least rerolling you can pull as much as you want.

Not too far. Currently rank 20 but the grind in this game is severe. My current team is Bartz, Refia, WOL, Charlotte and Black cat Lid. It's nothing special but it's not terrible. I don't really know if it's worth rerolling at this point.

mstevens

Not too far. Currently rank 20 but the grind in this game is severe. My current team is Bartz, Refia, WOL, Charlotte and Black cat Lid. It's nothing special but it's not terrible. I don't really know if it's worth rerolling at this point.

I would say it's definitely worth rerolling if you're set on getting Noctis, or at least a good 5* physical dps base which is what everyone suggest I do. It took me about 250 pulls to get Noctis. You won't get a chance to just keep pulling and pulling again.

Rank 20 isn't too far at all. I'm rank 31 and have been playing just a couple of weeks.

Shouta

I'd just save your Lapis and tickets for now. Only get the half price pull if you want to pull for units. Take it slow and bide your time until the crystal change occurs. It's supposed to come eventually if that Taiwan stream was true.

Rerolling is fine too if you really want to try for Noctis, lol

Durden77

I just pulled Trey from the Type 0 banner and Firion. Are these dudes good? Seems weird that Firion's TM is just the abilty to equip heavy armor but maybe I'm missing something. And also I got Roselia. What's with these TMs just let them equip things? Her's is to equip staffs. Is that shitty?

Shouta

I rerolled but I can't withstand trying to get a 5* unit. Is it worth it to do daily summons right now?

If you mean the Half Lapis pull, then yeah. It's a good deal. That's probably the best way to pull until you see a banner you want to pull on or if you want to pull for an event.

I just pulled Trey from the Type 0 banner and Firion. Are these dudes good? Seems weird that Firion's TM is just the abilty to equip heavy armor but maybe I'm missing something. And also I got Roselia. What's with these TMs just let them equip things? Hers ketsbher equip staffs. Is that shitty?

Trey is good for the event because you get additional currency. He's not a great unit in the long term though. Firion will be a great unit eventually but he's OK now.

Lyrian

I just pulled Trey from the Type 0 banner and Firion. Are these dudes good? Seems weird that Firion's TM is just the abilty to equip heavy armor but maybe I'm missing something. And also I got Roselia. What's with these TMs just let them equip things? Her's is to equip staffs. Is that shitty?

Trey is a decent starter unit, but in the long run he isn't worth much.
Firion is okay right now, but will become very powerful in the somewhat near future.

Pretty much what Shouta said. :)

Equip <slot/gear> TMs allow a unit who can't normally wear a certain type of equipment to overcome that limitation. For example, Exdeath, a relatively common but powerful mage, cannot equip magic rods. This is rather awkward for a mage, but came be overcome with the Equip Rod ability. Another similar use would be to give a healer an Equip Heavy Shield ability to bolster their defense and fill an otherwise empty equipment slot.

In general, Equip <slot/gear> abilities are relatively niche items. But, the right ability on the right unit can considerably bolster that unit's potential.

Pulled my 3rd Zidane with my daily.

Also this event seems to be going well so far.

Got the 10%HP Knife, 5 Summon Tickets and the 30k Moogles so far and already back to 11k Phantoma.

I think I'm going to actually get the 70k Moogle this time. :)

It also helps that I've run into the Doublicorn about 6 times now.

Muku

Pulled my 3rd Zidane with my daily.

Also this event seems to be going well so far.

Got the 10%HP Knife, 5 Summon Tickets and the 30k Moogles so far and already back to 11k Phantoma.

I think I'm going to actually get the 70k Moogle this time. :)

It also helps that I've run into the Doublicorn about 6 times now.

Nice, congrats!

So far I've gotten 30k moogle. In process of saving up for all the tickets to buy at once. I'm hoping if things go well enough I can, given time and some luck, maybe go for 70k one at end.

Malakhov

Banned
Anyone actually bothering with the arena? It seems like a total waste of time to me.

It always resume to this:

Gilgamesh uses Divider
Lightning uses Area Blast
Chizuru uses Phantom Shadow
Exdeath dual cast Meteor
Refia does nothing

Everyone dies besides Cecil sometimes.

Finish off Cecil.

Meh, it's boring, it's not a challenge and it involves no strategy whatsoever.

I just do it to be under 30k for the monthly moogle...

Shouta

Anyone actually bothering with the arena? It seems like a total waste of time to me.

Gilgamesh uses Divider
Exdeath dual cast Meteor
Refia does nothing

Finish off Cecil.

Arena is boring but yeah that monthly moogle is gdlk

Have not seen Double Popcorn at all...

Got 2 tickets, the HP knife, 4 evade materia, and 30 Red Megacite. (I wanted Irfit at 40.) I don't need 6* materials for once, nor do I really need Gigantuars (I still have the 30 from the last event sitting in my inbox) except for Rain.

My goal, honestly, is realizing that "6 runs = 3000 phantoma = 30 megacite." That's my initial goal. Wish it had White Megacite for Carby, though.

Gilgamesh uses Divider
Exdeath dual cast Meteor
Refia does nothing

Finish off Cecil.

I do it for 90k (which is the monthly moogle) and for the lapis. So, 5 runs per day.

bonkeng

Gilgamesh uses Divider
Exdeath dual cast Meteor
Refia does nothing

Finish off Cecil.

It takes just less than a minute for each match.

Yeah it's boring af, but at least it's easy moogle. Monthly I'm ranked sub 500 right now. No real effort.

Lyrian

No white magic/recovery abilities week is the absolute worst in the arena.

It's annoying and a time sink, but the stat pots are worth it, as well as the monthly moogle. No way in hell is it worth the effort for monthly top 3k though.

Yes as soon as I read your post I went ahead and looked and found that exact same page. Thanks, you just saved me countless of useless battles!

You're welcome! Glad I could help!

One thing that I'm planning on doing is adhering to arena etiquette. I don't use Cecil (because fuck Arena Cecils), but I can win matches even toting Trey around and Refia just auto-attacks. Might as well start subbing in some 1* or 2* scrubs so that my team doesn't inadvertently screw over whoever's facing me.

SHADOW'S BACK. TELL A FRIEND.

Durden77

Cool cool thanks both of you. Yeah Trey and Firion are better than the other characters I have. So can the same character have a different TM? Is it an RNG thing? Or does every character come with a specific one?

Muku

Arena is boring as shit. I do it to stay under 90k though if I jump in early enough I seem to stay in the 30-40k range without much effort. It's the same shit over and over. I wish I could save in-game the moves I want to do and adjust accordingly each week depending on what the negatives are. Because it's the same shit over and over. So damn boring.

robotuw

Daily was...a second Seven? Uh, ok I guess. She's still the only banner unit I've gotten so far so the extra 75% boost is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom