• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Finished up Ring of the Lucii. Gave it to ExDeath. He's not decked out, with the ring on he's only at 507 magic. What's everyone's thoughts on this thing? I know it was nerfed to hell and back compared to JP but I can see it being good on White Knight Noel which I don't have or Dark Fina which I don't have. My Noct with the right gear sits on 860+ atk and only 370-400 mag. I feel it's best on a real dedicated caster as having Noct use it takes away 20% attack and that's not worth it at all.

The abilities it comes with are pretty strong despite not getting the additional attack and magic on it.

mstevens

I've been having fun just periodically rerolling to see what comes up.. Helps scratch the pull itch.

Just started an account that got Seven and Dark Fina. Would anyone like it?

I won't spam the thread with too many of these unless the pull is fantastic (and please let me know if this is frowned upon). Still, I'd like to help out new people or someone who wants to start fresh with a good account.

If you'd like it, let me know and send me a PM with fake facebook account details.

Azuran

Banned
Pour one out for my bro-who-also-spent-too-much-on-this-banner.

If waifu chasing is this bad in BE it's going to be hell in Fire Emblem mobile.

Maybe Fire Emblem being a gatcha game is not a good idea looking at things.

Cordelia would absolutely destroy my wallet.

Durden77

So with Espers, the character they are equipped to gets some of this stats as bonuses right? But their full stat is actually never used, just a percentage of it? It that's the case why doesn't it just use the bonuses AS their stats? Seems kind needlessly confusing unless I'm missing something.

Also, have I screwed myself by putting 1 block of attack and HP into Siren? I just now noticed she's more MP/Spirit oriented. And how rare at the leveling materials for these guys?

Westonian

You could definitely do worse than Ace. Also I'm going to pull now brb.

Edit: I now have 4 Jacks. smfh, at least it's enough for a four of a kind?
I just pulled my fifth Jack today as well. At least I got a Trey and Seven as well. I'll never get Ace, but I've resigned myself to that fact.

GG-Duo

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS!

I've NEVER had a Blue -> Gold -> Rainbow. Always thought that was a myth. Decided to pull a daily on my alt account because.. well it's the daily and why not. I'm bored.

I pull. Blue. Okay. I figure it's probably Jack. Or Trey. Goes to Gold. WTF! Okay, maybe it's Seven I think with a smile on my face. Seven would be sweet! Goes to... HOLY wtf Rainbow?! So now I'm sitting there in disbelief. Why couldn't this happen on my main? Is it something good? Is it Ace?

I crack it open and it's....
Ace!

Well shit. I just maybe? wasted a Rainbow on this account for one that won't really replace my current team. XD

High five. This is what happened to me yesterday.

Now, the only problem is that I've never had a 5* base, and I'm kind of frustrated that Ace isn't as good as other 5* base units :(

Xion86

1. Not suuuuper impressed with the Ariana grinding event (ahem) but I'm guessing she'll be a must-have for at least one event in the future. Also: totally called the microphone exclusive equip!!

One more thing: her 6* evolution sprite is so, so over the top and offensive to the senses. Meaning I love it but never want to see it.

2. HELL YES XION!! I'm still a few weeks away from my next level Noctis. Who knows if I'll even have time.

Hehe :p.

And yeah thanks, it's so good to finally see a unit like that getting stronger and stronger with each reward, great feeling, you will love it. No rush, you will get there eventually.

But yeah bit annoyed about both events going on at once, hopefully the Ariana one isn't too bad. Think I'll skip the Cactuar Dunes to get more of the event done...

Alkez

Guys, the more I look at the notification the more I'm convinced we are literally only getting the Surging Volcano in tomorrow's story update.

Also don't forget maintenance starts early! 10pm PST which is 6am or earlier for us Europeans.

Fake Fran from a gold crystal.

Yeah I'm done. I irrationally wasted over 20 tickets chasing after Seven-sama. Stupid game.

Yeah happened to me too. Didn't even get a gold. I still have 40 something tickets but I regret it now. She would be nice for the upcoming trial though. Makes me want to attempt again haha.

So.... Could It Be.... No New banner? :(

35k and 30 tickets ready for Next dissapointon

Yeah I think so. Pretty much every banner lines up with an event so unless they make up a new banner they're not going to put up another one.

Eidjinn

Gaf, I need opinions. I just finished Power of Creation and Blade Mastery, and my Noctis has Genji Glove, Dual wield and Excalibur, so, 700+ attack. Other tm's are: Dualcast and Ribbon.

I'm beginning a Deathbringer and Sakurafubuki, but the other three slots are open. So, what should I get next? And probably, how many of them?

Example: I have 5 Celes, 3 Zidanes, 3 Chizurus, 5 Lockes, and probably 4 Cecils. There's also Bracer and Seal of Destruction, there's Black Cowl, MP+30%, one more Dualcast to be done...

Any suggestions?

Whizkid7

Maybe Fire Emblem being a gatcha game is not a good idea looking at things.

Cordelia would absolutely destroy my wallet.

You just HAD to say it, didn't you? Now I'm salivating at the thought of being able to roll Ike & Ryoma together and then suddenly dreading the very real thirst for Tharja.

This is what they're gonna do, isn't it.

robotuw

Gaf, I need opinions. I just finished Power of Creation and Blade Mastery, and my Noctis has Genji Glove, Dual wield and Excalibur, so, 700+ attack. Other tm's are: Dualcast and Ribbon.

I'm beginning a Deathbringer and Sakurafubuki, but the other three slots are open. So, what should I get next? And probably, how many of them?

Example: I have 5 Celes, 3 Zidanes, 3 Chizurus, 5 Lockes, and probably 4 Cecils. There's also Bracer and Seal of Destruction, there's Black Cowl, MP+30%, one more Dualcast to be done...

Any suggestions?

Maxing one character is usually the better strategy, so to make that Noctis perfect you should work on the bracer, black cowl, and SoD. If not that, boosting your healer might be a good option, so probably some number of Celes' for minerva or Charlotte for equip heavy shield if you don't have it already.

Also, is Noctis wearing the gengi glove and dual wield? Because if so he doesn't need the dual wield, the glove gives him that for free.

Finally saw my first doublepop after 57 runs. Yeesh.

bryt

Any suggestions?

Beef up your Noctis to the max. So Black Cowl/Bracer/Seal of Destruction. And also you have Dual Wield and Genji Glove on Noctis so you might want to replace Dual Wield with Seal of Destruction.

c-murph

Minerva Bustier No.2 Get!

EhYQBPV.png

Working on Minerva Bustier No.3 now... Because I have 4 more Celes to get rid of. Also, have a second Aegis Shield still cooking.

Who uses the item in JP?

Fire Emblem Mobile will totally be Gacha, I just hope the top tier units will be the ones I like :p

All Tharja.

Think I made about 3-3.5% in TM progress on my Cecil's tosay alone so I'm feeling happy. My macro finally lasted the entire day. At about 52-53% total for Excalibur. 25% for dual wield. I have other higher TMs but some don't have additional units. I think I may go Kefka and Miyuki next. Or Gaffgarrion and Kefka. But that's a long ways out.

Eidjinn

Minerva Bustier No.2 Get!

EhYQBPV.png

Working on Minerva Bustier No.3 now... Because I have 4 more Celes to get rid of. Also, have a second Aegis Shield still cooking.

Who uses the item in JP?

All Tharja.

c-Muprh, how many Minervas are you going to do??

3? (one dps, one healer and one reserve?) More?

c-murph

c-Muprh, how many Minervas are you going to do??

3? (one dps, one healer and one reserve?) More?

Just three. Just getting rid of the Celes stock in my inventory really... I have one on Elza and one on Lightning now. I guess the third could go on Lightning's twin sister Lightning 2 or Call of Duty. Refia prefers the Lordly Robe.

bonkeng

Just three. Just getting rid of the Celes stock in my inventory really... I have one on Elza and one on Lightning now. I guess the third could go on Lightning's twin sister Lightning 2 or Call of Duty. Refia prefers the Lordly Robe.

Or you could save it for Cloud when he's released.

evangd007

You just HAD to say it, didn't you? Now I'm salivating at the thought of being able to roll Ike & Ryoma together and then suddenly dreading the very real thirst for Tharja.

This is what they're gonna do, isn't it.

Tharja and Camilla provide 2 large reasons (each) as to why that's what they are going to do.

tuffymon

All this talk recently of why do arena... the greatest reason obviously is a monthly moogle... followed by +40 lapis and +1 star quartz a day. That should be enough reason to run it x5.

Whizkid7

Tharja and Camilla provide 2 large reasons (each) as to why that's what they are going to do.

Fffffffff I forgot Camilla we're doomed.

On topic I finally ran across a doulicorn, but didn't have mirage so I had to flee. Now that I have the mirage vest it won't show up! ><

All this talk recently of why do arena... the greatest reason obviously is a monthly moogle... followed by +40 lapis and +1 star quartz a day. That should be enough reason to run it x5.
I've actually never done the arena..I'd love to but it always seems my units are forbidden. Do you get those rewards for just participating or do you have to rank?

EDarkness

Fake Fran from a gold crystal.

Yeah I'm done. I irrationally wasted over 20 tickets chasing after Seven-sama. Stupid game.

I know what you mean. I've pulled at least 12 times trying to get Seven and out of the 12 times, over half of them have been gold crystals. All of them with the exception of the last one where I got Agrias! Finally. Still no Seven. The crazy part is that I've gotten Freya twice and both times from gold crystals. Ugh.

At any rate, I got Agrias, so I'm not doing anymore pulling unless it's the daily "quest". The only Type-0 character I've gotten in all of those pulls has been Jack. I guess I'll keep rolling through the event with him.

I've actually never done the arena..I'd love to but it always seems my units are forbidden. Do you get those rewards for just participating or do you have to rank?

Your units aren't forbidden. You just can't use some of their abilities and this changes from week to week. So jump into the Arena, because the lapis and quartz are worth it.

I know what you mean. I've pulled at least 12 times trying to get Seven and out of the 12 times, over half of them have been gold crystals. All of them with the exception of the last one where I got Agrias! Finally. Still no Seven. The crazy part is that I've gotten Freya twice and both times from gold crystals. Ugh.

At any rate, I got Agrias, so I'm not doing anymore pulling unless it's the daily "quest". The only Type-0 character I've gotten in all of those pulls has been Jack. I guess I'll keep rolling through the event with him.

Your units aren't forbidden. You just can't use some of their abilities and this changes from week to week. So jump into the Arena, because the lapis and quartz are worth it.
Ahh that's good to know. Totally misunderstood that. I'll definitely jump in then.

evangd007

Units are not forbidden, just abilities. You can use the units, the abilities are locked out in combat. For example, I've been running Refia this week solely for Embolden; everything else she has is banned.

This is the first week that I've been spending more spheres on Arena than Colosseum now that I got the Blood Sword. I feel completely out of my element in the sub-30k realm. Everybody is 25 ranks higher and has 3+ more 5* bases than I do.

So with Espers, the character they are equipped to gets some of this stats as bonuses right? But their full stat is actually never used, just a percentage of it? It that's the case why doesn't it just use the bonuses AS their stats? Seems kind needlessly confusing unless I'm missing something.

Also, have I screwed myself by putting 1 block of attack and HP into Siren? I just now noticed she's more MP/Spirit oriented. And how rare at the leveling materials for these guys?

I might be wrong but I think they get 10% of the esper stats? Something like that. You can farm the megacite in some explorations and stuff.

Units are not forbidden, just abilities. You can use the units, the abilities are locked out in combat. For example, I've been running Refia this week solely for Embolden; everything else she has is banned.

This is the first week that I've been spending more spheres on Arena than Colosseum now that I got the Blood Sword. I feel completely out of my element in the sub-30k realm. Everybody is 25 ranks higher and has 3+ more 5* bases than I do.
Ok yea wow. I just went through 5 times and decimated everyone with my party. I obviously cherry picked a bit but I think the forbidden ability had me thrown off thinking I had to do a deep dive in party management. This is great and worth the incentives. May never get up there for the trust moogle but I'll keep trying.

mstevens

For those that do arena, do you try to get 5 loses each week as well for the 40 lapis? (If I'm reading the rewards list correctly)

Haven't dipped my toe into arena yet since I'm trying to finish the colosseum.

chrono01

This is why I hate the Arena.

So, I noticed I was sitting at 5/5 orbs, despite doing my five for the dailies today. I'm like "Oh well, I got time to kill" so I choose my opponent. I see a Rank 43 with an Exdeath leader, with a 1.5 score. "Should be a decent fight!", I say to myself. I accept and the arena loads...

THE GUY HAS THREE NOCTIS AND A GILGAMESH, ALONG WITH HIS "EXDEATH" LEADER. ARE YOU SERIOUS! HE HAS FOUR (4!) 5* BASE AND I DON'T HAVE A SINGLE ONE!?

*Ahem*

Sorry about that. Anyway, I still managed to win (thanks to the brain-dead AI) but man, that just upsets me. Needless to say, I'm sitting on the rest of my orbs for the day and I'm just going to continue farming Academia.

Now I'm just depressed.

bonkeng

For those that do arena, do you try to get 5 loses each week as well for the 40 lapis? (If I'm reading the rewards list correctly)

Haven't dipped my toe into arena yet since I'm trying to finish the colosseum.

It's daily. Use 5 orbs daily for 40 Lapis. Doesn't matter if you win or lose.

So, I noticed I was sitting at 5/5 orbs, despite doing my five for the dailies today. I'm like "Oh well, I got time to kill" so I choose my opponent. I see a Rank 43 with an Exdeath leader, with a 1.5 score. "Should be a decent fight!", I say to myself. I accept and the arena loads...

THE GUY HAS THREE NOCTIS AND A GILGAMESH, ALONG WITH HIS "EXDEATH" LEADER. ARE YOU SERIOUS! HE HAS FOUR (4!) 5* BASE AND I DON'T HAVE A SINGLE ONE!?

*Ahem*

Sorry about that. Anyway, I still managed to win (thanks to the brain-dead AI) but man, that just upsets me. Needless to say, I'm sitting on the rest of my orbs for the day and I'm just going to continue farming Academia.

Now I'm just depressed.
I know the feeling. That is so depressing. I'm in the same boat. How does someone even roll that many Noctis?!

Ugh, just abysmal.

*Ahem*

Now I'm just depressed.

See, that's just excessive. I don't know why people make it harder for other people; this isn't even really PVP.

I'm still undefeated with my Noctis, Lightning (... I know, I know, you're saying to yourselves), 2* Level 1 Biggs, 2* Level 1 Wedge, and 4* (sorry) Level 1 Magitek Armor Terra. DAY ONE BITCHES.

I wanted to make sure my team could be destroyed by any opponent whilst giving me the chance to earn my daily Lapis in 5 runs.

... now, next week?

Ariana, Ramza, Gilbert, Sarai, Noctis? Can anyone else think of a better quintet to drive home a musical act?

mstevens

It's daily. Use 5 orbs daily for 40 Lapis. Doesn't matter if you win or lose.

Weird. They don't do a very good job explaining that. It's under the weekly rewards tab, and the 5 win rewards are listed separately from the 5 loss rewards.

Thanks for clarifying.

tuffymon

See, that's just excessive. I don't know why people make it harder for other people; this isn't even really PVP.

I'm still undefeated with my Noctis, Lightning (... I know, I know, you're saying to yourselves), 2* Level 1 Biggs, 2* Level 1 Wedge, and 4* (sorry) Level 1 Magitek Armor Terra. DAY ONE BITCHES.

I wanted to make sure my team could be destroyed by any opponent whilst giving me the chance to earn my daily Lapis in 5 runs.

... now, next week?

Ariana, Ramza, Gilbert, Sarai, Noctis? Can anyone else think of a better quintet to drive home a musical act?

I mean... Celes was quite the singer too, even if it was opera.

chrono01

I know the feeling. That is so depressing. I'm in the same boat. How does someone even roll that many Noctis?!

Ugh, just abysmal.
It really is.

I don't know how he/she got that many Noctis, either. And a Gilgamash too. I mean, I'm sure money was involved but how much, I'd rather not know.

... now, next week?

Yeah, I guess some people really enjoy flaunting their "OP" teams.

I respect your decision to build one that offers a fair advantage to others, know. Given your luck in the past, I know you could make a (close to) all 5* base team, so it's nice to see you hold that back a bit to offer a more reasonable fight to the player-base. d(^_^)v

The Arena is a sea of whales...
It really is. The sea is deep and full of them.

It really is.

I don't know how he/she got that many Noctis, either. And a Gilgamash too. I mean, I'm sure money was involved but how much, I'd rather not know.

Yeah, I guess some people really enjoy flaunting their "OP" teams.

I respect your decision to build one that offers a fair advantage to others, know. Given your luck in the past, I know you could make a (close to) all 5* base team, so it's nice to see you hold that back a bit to offer a more reasonable fight to the player-base. d(^_^)v

It really is. The sea is deep and full of them.

Agreed on all counts. Also, if you read my drunken pull-history retrospective, chrono, you'll see that I've probably spent a few hundred dollars thus far. Just repeating that to underscore that 99% of people aren't unicorns that pulled 10 5* bases purely on daily pulls...

Thank you for comment, though! I'd rather just be as creative as possible. I shoot for sub-90k in the arena and don't take it seriously, regardless.

I will max Ariana though, then surround her with backup talent!

evangd007

I think I've finally figured out the Vajra AI stack. 50% triggers the Heal and Charge, 30% triggers Serious Damage and Charge. You can't hit the 50% trigger first turn, but you can hit the 30% trigger, and instead of replacing the Jump action it occurs before it and the Jump still goes off. This first turn 30% is the only time the triggers will go out of order; after it lands from the jump each trigger will go one-a-turn and sequentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom