• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Will these ones drop later? I'm not strong enough even with a gaf buddy to complete all the akademia ones.

There is so much to do in this game!

Yes there will be plenty of opportunities to get these materials in future events. Focus on what makes your team stronger in the current one

Tendo

Yes there will be plenty of opportunities to get these materials in future events. Focus on what makes your team stronger in the current one

I need to find a guide or something for that. Just sort of doing story quests and buying better gear in shops when I see it.

c-murph

I always thought they would invert what they did with the JPN version (which has 100 at the first half, then 50 at the second half onwards).

But that would be too generous on them, so it's probably a bug that will be corrected in a few minutes.

You mean four hour maintenance.

Iceman829

I need to find a guide or something for that. Just sort of doing story quests and buying better gear in shops when I see it.

https://exviuswiki.com/

The wiki is a great place to start. It shows you where all the free gear can be found and details all the quests, shows boss fight information and just about anything else you could need. Start there and any of questions you can always put on here and someone should be able to answer it.

Alkez

Trial, complete. Manged to do it first time but I didn't go for the 5 unit challenge (did manage to get the esper kill though). I never bother with the trial challenges personally. Just seems like extra effort for some lapis. When the future ones come with real prizes then I'll bother.

Completed it with: Chizuru, CoD, Rain, Cecil, Refia, friend Noctis.

I feel like you need Noctis to get back the mp. Found myself spending turns just recovering mp for the team. It was definitely difficult and tested your resource management more than Surging Menace, but for some reason I didn't enjoy it as much. For me Surging Menace and Attack of Antenolla have been the 2 best trials so far. This one felt like it was Surging Menace but gone too far. That's my opinion anyways.

Pejo

Woohoo! Got my first Excal late last night. Noct up to 754 attack and growing.

My main team is now:

Refia - 387 SPR, 438 MP (healer/buffer) Lv40 Carby
Gilgamesh - 561 ATK, 296 DEF (Tank/DPS) Lv40 Golem
Noctis - 754 ATK, 270 MAG (DPS/Support) Lv40 Ifrit
CoD - 455 ATK, (Support/DPS) Lv40 Shiva
Luneth - 503 ATK (DPS) Lv40 Diabolos

Ideally I'm going to swap Luneth out for Elza someday for that 50%DEF/SPR break, but it's hard to pass on the utility of free Dual Wield when I'm still far behind on farming TMs.

I am excited to hopefully get Orlandu, but man, I don't know who the heck i'd pull from my party at this point. I have two dual wields so far in the form of a Genji Glove and a Dual Wield from Zidane, and I have 3 more Zidanes in my roster waiting to farm. I refuse to get rid of CoD for all the utility she offers, and when I have to remove a unit for Cecil, I either get rid of Greg or Luneth, depending on which debuffs the boss uses.

First world problems indeed, I guess. The comforting thing is that, barring an extremely high physical defense boss, I'm pretty much set for anything the game can throw at me.

Now just to get Refia her Dualcast.

Wazzy

Banned
The Ariana Icon is cracking me up. This event is going to be so silly but I'm here for it.

Give me this Ariana Grande vs Mariah Carey event now please and thank you.

Edit: Razmos I see you had the same thought as me LOL

Vashetti

Banned
Wasn't planning to do any of the missions but then my last turn was this :

R6vaQ6Bl.jpg

Impossible to fail that "Finish with Esper" one x)

Wow. Pretty xenophobic of them to have Europe as a boss.

Alkez

It's not as good as Lyrian's but Val I've set my companion to Exdeath with no TMs in case you need to go again.

eggydoo

Anyone else have the game crashing again? Twice so far already after pressing auto on academia event. Never happened before maintenance.

Lyrian

Unless I'm misreading Reddit's datamine of the Ariana event, it seems like an event where everything can be pretty much wrapped up in a single day,

-- Crafting recipes seem very easy to complete (only require one component for all recipes and some of them are gifted as mission achievements)
-- Ariana is being treated as a "story" unit
--- Easy awakening components (half rates of normal 6*s, and event specific)
--- Half XP needed to reach next awakening tier.

-- Farm Ariana dungeon on Thursday, complete everything.
-- Farm Cactaur dunes on Friday --> maxed out 6* Ariana and Rain without much effort.

Ezpz.

Unless I'm misreading Reddit's datamine of the Ariana event, it seems like an event where everything can be pretty much wrapped up in a single day,

-- Crafting recipes seem very easy to complete (only require one component for all recipes and some of them are gifted as mission achievements)
-- Ariana is being treated as a "story" unit
--- Easy awakening components (half rates of normal 6*s, and event specific)
--- Half XP needed to reach next awakening tier.

-- Farm Ariana dungeon on Thursday, complete everything.
-- Farm Cactaur dunes on Friday --> maxed out 6* Ariana and Rain without much effort.

Ezpz.

Hrmm if everything can be done in a day then I might just get everything I originally was just going for the evolve mats. I will finish Academia today so Ariana tomorrow and Dunes all weekend then back to TM farming.

Arkeband

Banned
If there was any way to make me embarassed to have this game installed on my phone, changing the game's icon to Ariana Grande definitely achieves that.

Is 6* Rain worth keeping in my main lineup? I don't have any super-strong melee units ready to sub in, so the only great units I currently have are 6* Exdeath and 6* Refia, the other three are 5* Rain (crap), 5* Black Cat Lid (slightly less crap due to better abilities), and a rotating fifth unit, currently 5* Locke for drop rates up and paralyze, but alternatively 5* White Witch Fina.

If there was any way to make me embarassed to have this game installed on my phone, changing the game's icon to Ariana Grande definitely achieves that.

Is 6* Rain worth keeping in my main lineup? I don't have any super-strong melee units ready to sub in, so the only great units I currently have are Exdeath and Refia, the other three are 5* Rain (crap), 5* Black Cat Lid (slightly less crap due to better abilities), and a rotating fifth unit, currently 5* Locke for drop rates up and paralyze, but alternatively 5* White Witch Fina.

My phone is still showing xmas fina

bonkeng

Beat it with a 5 party crew. Noct, Light, Cecil, Refia, Fr Noct.

But didn't get the esper and no death reward.

I'll try again next time.

Shouta

For JP players, Shouta mainly, is there a new banner going up after this current one?

Yes. I'm not sure what will be in the banner though. The next event is Imperial SaGa, the online SaGA game. The event will specifically focus on Romancing SaGa 3 and is a raid event.

Event down with my standard OP team. Dial Noctii with Point Warp are ridiculous. Didn't time the esper properly and Europa KOed people regularly, except MVP Refia with Dualcast.

Demon Mail is an upgrade though!

NomarTyme

Event down with my standard OP team. Dial Noctii with Point Warp are ridiculous. Didn't time the esper properly and Europa KOed people regularly, except MVP Refia with Dualcast.

Demon Mail is an upgrade though!
CoD's omi veil and bathundra made his attack super weak. I think I used your Noctis too.

I gave my demon Mail to chizzy even though she didnt participate.

Lyrian

Story mode down.

Wow, I thought Part 2 was going to be short, but it was even shorter than I was giving it. Essentially, all they did was release the rest of JP Part 1 that was held back (3 dungeons total).

Still, the ending of this new portion is ultra-classic "good is dumb" (read in voice of Spaceball's Dark Helmet). Laughed in my chair for a good five minutes.

This trial truly made me realize how freaking amazing Noctis is. When I brought the wrong team in his revive, mana battery jump, and overall dps/utility really stood out. I got up to Europa with NO healer or tank lol. I probably could have beaten him too if I was better prepared and swapped some gear around. SO glad I decided to pull for him when I did and obtained him.

Xion86

Second turn didn't go as planned and was quite busy at work to concentrate properly on it. Will give it a third try when I try home.

Still using Cecil, Exdeath, Noctis, Refia, Lightning.

Had Luneth but used Lightning due to her AoE elemental spells. Still need to think about which elements to use later on and try be more efficient on MP.

Wow that's quite cool Zera! I'm surprised that I have some pretty decent units and still takes a while to get health down in later rounds, not got to Europa yet but was on the round before. Like I said I'll give it a proper go when I'm free soon, just heading home now.

This trial truly made me realize how freaking amazing Noctis is. When I brought the wrong team in his revive, mana battery jump, and overall dps/utility really stood out. I got up to Europa with NO healer or tank lol. I probably could have beaten him too if I was better prepared and swapped some gear around. SO glad I decided to pull for him when I did and obtained him.

Yeah he is such a ridiculous Unit

He basically has every tool to play every role in the game at top level

It nuts

Valentus

only 5 people with exdeath friends in my list. Its gonna take me forever to find one.

Please put at least for today exdeath friends. I dont want to delete gaffers i dont even know for only add exdeath friends to my list.

only 5 people with exdeath friends in my list. Its gonna take me forever to find one.

Please put at least for today exdeath friends. I dont want to delete gaffers i dont even know for only add exdeath friends to my list.

Ok hold on ill set mine in a second

Hes not the best exdeath mind you

creid

Not sure what stats you need, but I just set my 495 MAG Exdeath.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cleared it on my first try - Thank God, took me like 20 minutes or so.
This wasnt easy...the essentials are for sure Noctis, Refia, Ex-Death and Cecil. Lightning was okay, but since im lacking Top Tier Gear...she was kinda meh - until the Boss Fight. Gilga was good because of pure damage.

Demon Mail get - finally a nice Armor for Gilga. Back to finishing off the Type-0 Event.
Maybe use someones Exdeath or my Ace?

I went along and just used my Ex-Death....he isnt OP or anything but he was good enough because of Osmose and Dual Cast. But after this Trial...yeah i def. need fuse my 20 Shanatoos or so soon lol. Mages are relevant after all.

Used your Ace earlier and got a Doublicorn encounter...thats why i even gave the trial a shot. If i had "lost" 35 stam it wouldnt have been so bad because of the Doublicorn earlier.
my game crashed on the boss battle of the latest trial

open it back up, and I need to redo it from the start

fuck you gumi

Ouch that sucks...sry to hear.

Mine is still up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom