• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flambe

Trial wasn't bad with regular op team, go figure. Noctis, Greg, Cecil, Refia, Exdeath. Only thing I'd change is swapping Greg for Lightning for her elemental shit. But still no probs, no KOs and only used a handful of turbo ethers on Refia/Greg when I didn't get a chance to Cover recover

Also insert icon bitching here, though it was Fina before so sidegrade I guess.

Trial done. Cecil took a beatttttting. 2x Noct were great for keeping MP flowing. CoD didn't do much other than throw Ethers when needed. Not too tricky, just a long fight keeping buffs and MP up.

only 5 people with exdeath friends in my list. Its gonna take me forever to find one.

Please put at least for today exdeath friends. I dont want to delete gaffers i dont even know for only add exdeath friends to my list.

Got mine up now, was in the ttrial.

This trial truly made me realize how freaking amazing Noctis is. When I brought the wrong team in his revive, mana battery jump, and overall dps/utility really stood out. I got up to Europa with NO healer or tank lol. I probably could have beaten him too if I was better prepared and swapped some gear around. SO glad I decided to pull for him when I did and obtained him.

Same. Funnily enough, I used Point Warp for the first time today. At first, I thought it was cool that Noct healed HP and MP and was untargetable for a round.

... then I realized he did damage too. Jesus.

Same. Funnily enough, I used Point Warp for the first time today. At first, I thought it was cool that Noct healed HP and MP and was untargetable for a round.

... then I realized he did damage too. Jesus.

Yeah basically

Every damn tool in Noctis's arsenal is super useful and this trial puts a spotlight on it big time

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah...this trial made me realize how OP the Prince is lawl. Had to laugh when i say the he also has a Full Revive....

evangd007

If there was any way to make me embarassed to have this game installed on my phone, changing the game's icon to Ariana Grande definitely achieves that.

Is 6* Rain worth keeping in my main lineup? I don't have any super-strong melee units ready to sub in, so the only great units I currently have are 6* Exdeath and 6* Refia, the other three are 5* Rain (crap), 5* Black Cat Lid (slightly less crap due to better abilities), and a rotating fifth unit, currently 5* Locke for drop rates up and paralyze, but alternatively 5* White Witch Fina.

6* Rain is a mediocre damage unit, but will be one of the strongest supports until WoL gets his 6*. He gets Full Break, Leadership, and a dual element Fire/Earth attack that will be very helpful in the next trial after Europa.

Xion86

only 5 people with exdeath friends in my list. Its gonna take me forever to find one.

Please put at least for today exdeath friends. I dont want to delete gaffers i dont even know for only add exdeath friends to my list.

I'll share mine for you now. But he has good gear as I still haven't beaten the trial (feel a bit silly for that) but trying round three now I'm home and can relax properly, and think about what moves to use.

Phew! Beat the trial on my first try.

I give all credit to the Discord app crew. They helped me put together my crew (Lightning, Cecil, Refia, Bartz, Exdeath,and Bonkeng's Noctis). It was a nailbiter at the end when Europa took out Refia, Bartz, and Exdeath all in one turn, but I managed to pull through.

I even made some stupid ass mistakes along the way (like forgetting to take out the Terror Knight with a phoenix down), but the Demon Mail is mine.

Woot!

Pejo

There ya go, got a 548 MAG Exdeath up for you. If you need me to pull some MAG off of him for a challenge run or something, let me know. I don't really have any TM gear on him, just some star quartz and event stuff.

Yeah...this trial made me realize how OP the Prince is lawl. Had to laugh when i say the he also has a Full Revive....

The only thing that "sucks" about his revive is that you can't aim it at the enemy, (for reaper 1HKOs).

It's time to start preparing the TM's I have available for Tilith/Refia/Luka and a caster (currently ExDeath but I plan on rolling for Trance Terra). I'm on what will be the second to last TM farm for my phys dps units. By Feb. I'll be ready for my healer and caster TM's. When it's all said and done my dps units will be as follows:

Noct (currently floating between 840-863 atk, when done should be at 898):

Gear
Excal/Deathbringer & Sakurufubuki
Black Cowl
Brave Suit
Infernal Armlet
Genji Glove

TM
Power of Creation
Seal of Destruction
Seal of Destruction
Blade Mastery

Lightning:

Gear
Excal/Deathbringer & Sakurufubuki
Black Cowl
Brave Suit
Bracer or Hero Ring
Bracer

TM
Blade Mastery
atk +10%
atk+10%
atk+10%

Elza:

Gear
Demon Scythe & Gungnir
Black Cowl
Brave Suit
Bracer or Hero Ring
Bracer

TM
Tablet of Ruin
atk+10%
atk+10%
Dual Wield

Lmao you can kill terror Knight with a Pheonix Down??? Damn it!

I went into this blind, libra'd everything to see what to do. This has a VERY challenging trial.

My team,

Refia - dual cast is a life saving dream
Bartz - I read about the mp battery aspect of him long ago, first time I ever put it to use.
Exdeath - meteors and thundaga
Dark Fina - ultimas, thundagas and status ailments
Cecil - tank
Friend unit Noctis - mainly used for status ailments.

Without the bartz Refia combo I would've been doomed. Thank goodness I used all my trust moogles on getting dual cast. As I don't have nearly the amount of TMs some if you seen to have, this was a truly crazy 9/round battle. Glad it's over.

ExVicis

I was pretty content to TM farm the rest of the week (I'm tired of everyone but me having crazy gear) but if people need ExDeath here I'm I'll lose a spot to be a team player. It's not the best ExDeath but it is definitely one.

Also cleared out a lot of spaces so I have room for about 20 people in my friend list. Don't have a Noctis or anything like that, just Lightning that's usually as lead.

Add me yous guys

Player ID is 718,702,767

mstevens

I was pretty content to TM farm the rest of the week but if people need ExDeath here I'm I'll lose a spot to be a team player. It's not the best ExDeath but it is definitely one.

Also cleared out a lot of spaces so I have room for about 20 people in my friend list. Don't have a Noctis or anything like that, just Lightning that's usually as lead.

Add me yous guys

Player ID is 718,702,767

I think in the options somewhere you can set your companion unit to whoever is in your first party, so you can still 5-man TM farm. Edit: yeah menu -> options -> scroll down to select party at the bottom.

I'll send you a friend request too.

I was pretty content to TM farm the rest of the week (I'm tired of everyone but me having crazy gear) but if people need ExDeath here I'm I'll lose a spot to be a team player. It's not the best ExDeath but it is definitely one.

Add me yous guys

Player ID is 718,702,767

Added u and threw up my own ExDeath because I saw someone request them.

535 960 801

ExVicis

I think in the options somewhere you can set your companion unit to whoever is in your first party, so you can still 5-man TM farm. Edit: yeah menu -> options -> scroll down to select party at the bottom.

YOU CAN WHAT?

Thanks for that little bit of knowledge that changes everything for me.

Edit: YOU CAN SELECT ARENA AND COLOSSEUM PARTIES TOO?!

ExVicis

Goddamn I've been doing things the hard way, apparently all this time I could have had a set Colosseum team. I've probably wasted near 30 Arena energy by going in with the wrong team.

Muku

Well, FFBE just moved to the back page of my phone with all the other games. Can't have anyone seeing that

LOL.

Reddit claims that the 190k for Aqualopis PRO "feature" has been "fixed".

As of the today's patch, all difficulties only load the last section of the the dungeon that is new to that difficulty over previous floors.

Welp, back to explorations it is then.

Well shit. That would have been nice. LAST WEEK.

Wow. Pretty xenophobic of them to have Europe as a boss.

LOL.

I set my lead as Exdeath for Valentus.

Kouriozan

Reddit claims that the 190k for Aqualopis PRO "feature" has been "fixed".

As of the today's patch, all difficulties only load the last section of the the dungeon that is new to that difficulty over previous floors.

Welp, back to explorations it is then.

This is certainly one way to "fix" the crash due to memory leaks.

Lyrian

New, snack-sized story expansion now 100% in the books.

Completed quest count up to 100. Where is my platinum trophy for quest completion, Gumi?

Only one run in of the two new explorations so far., But unless I was extraordinarily lucky on both runs, I'm really liking the megacryst drop rate for Surging Volcano (Fire, about frigging time) and Fire Shrine (all megacrysts, rains like Skittles in there).

Lyrian

So...

I can make 3 Fira and 3 Blizzara one-time consumables, or a Hero's Ring with those same materials.

Real tough choice there, Gumi. Who balances the crafting recipes in this game?

/eyeroll

New, snack-sized story expansion now 100% in the books.

Completed quest count up to 100. Where is my platinum trophy for quest completion, Gumi?

Only one run in of the two new explorations so far., But unless I was extraordinarily lucky on both runs, I'm really liking the megacryst drop rate for Surging Volcano (Fire, about frigging time) and Fire Shrine (all megacrysts, rains like Skittles in there).

this is good news

i have not had time to farm explorations buy maybe ill make some soon

Done with Akademia event. Final stats 145 elite clears with 8 Doublicorns so about a 5.5% rate for me which is awful. Got everything except the 70k moogle which I have no interest in and the materias. They really need to make these rare spawns either have higher spawn rates or get rid of the need for bonus units. Having both is ridiculous.

Just beat the trial, that was fun.

Noctis
Refia
Cecil
Bartz
Exdeath
Friend Noctis

Never in any danger of losing, dual cast Refia is too damn good. Bartz was great(but not essential) support with entrust for Noctis, using items and life giver.

Noctis is just unfair, he can do everything and jump bringing back MP and Exdeath with osmose kept stealing Bartz thunder, sometimes id just have him regular attack.

Lyrian

this is good news

i have not had time to farm explorations buy maybe ill make some soon

Here's are some incentives I forgot to mention a few minutes ago:

Fire Shrine pays out 502 rank XP per 11 energy (45.63 per energy). Current reigning champion is Wicked Peaks at 506 per 11 (46.00 per energy). New best exploration for rank XP. Add in very favorable drop rates for megacrysts (albeit randomly split over all colors) and this is a winner.

Also, if someone just wanted to farm rank XP, you can enter the exploration, swipe up twice, and be at the boss in around 6-8 seconds and not hit any random encounters (unless unlucky).

It does take a bit of time to hit all four nodes in the zone, as they are pretty far spread out. But the zone is small, and shouldn't take long at all once someone gets into a routine for running the exploration.

Xion86

Trial down! This time abused Warp-Point and Cover which made it so much more fun and interesting. Got the Esper kill in too.

Time to catch up on event orbs now.

By the way, this is the stretched image I have to deal with every time I start the game on my iPad:

ca2DkVpl.png

Yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom