• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

This is so long overdue!

iZG8g81.png

So happy to be using him again.

I still need to level Lid and Nichol to 5*max.

Don't envy my free-time, I have little.

And yes, I will re-roll for that 5* in FF Heroes. I WILL NOT REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKE HERE! (Granted, we didn't have 5* base in FFBE when I was re-rolling, otherwise I would have done so until I managed one. :/)

I love the new avatar!

And yes, I don't know if I can handle a new gacha game. At least Record Keeper is super low maintenance, and Brave Exvius is starting to get that way...

By the way, I have tomorrow night already planned: Ariana on repeat, and then I'm going to level her to 100 and get all her exclusive items. Then, I will outfit the best arena team ever
for dance-offs
: Ariana, Gilbert, Ramza, Sarai, Liza.

So, with the recent story update...

Can someone remind me what happened to the crystals? I know Earth is destroyed in the beginning of the game and Jake destroys Fire. What happens to the Wind Crystal and Water Crystals? I remember Luka going underwater to cleanse the seas, but I can't recall whether the crystal itself survived.

Similarly, can we get a recap of who the Veritas are (and who we think they are), as well as their general personalities? I know there's Dark, Heavens, and Flame. I also completely forgot Waters existed: what did she do?

Also, Lasswell should've been the one to get the 6* evolution.

You know, I don't think it'd be a bad idea to include a Story recap in the spreadsheet or in the OP. So much of this game is released in chunks that people are bound to forget important plot points, especially with no way to re-view cutscenes.

Lyrian

So, with the recent story update...

Can someone remind me what happened to the crystals? I know Earth is destroyed in the beginning of the game and Jake destroys Fire. What happens to the Wind Crystal and Water Crystals? I remember Luka going underwater to cleanse the seas, but I can't recall whether the crystal itself survived.

Similarly, can we get a recap of who the Veritas are (and who we think they are), as well as their general personalities? I know there's Dark, Heavens, and Flame. I also completely forgot Waters existed: what did she do?

Also, Lasswell should've been the one to get the 6* evolution.

You know, I don't think it'd be a bad idea to include a Story recap in the spreadsheet or in the OP. So much of this game is released in chunks that people are bound to forget important plot points, especially with no way to re-view cutscenes.
No crystals have survived to date. The fire crystal was the first one that Rain and company actually successfully saved, only for Jake to blow it up right in their faces. The Veritases (if that is a word) destroyed Earth, Wind, and Water crystals previously.

Wind: Rain and company were too slow, Veritas of Heavens beat them there (airships and all that).
Water: Distraction with Rain's power being uncontrollable enabled Waters to beat them to the crystal again. Elle was there to defend the crystal, but couldn't solo Waters.

JP players who want to spoil the identities of the Veritas could be given as the story arc is now complete. On global, there are lots of holes still and no one has been formally revealed yet to the party.

Dark: Heavily hinted at to be Sir Raegan, Rain's father.
Heavens: The first Cid of the FFBE world.
Waters: ??
Fire: ?? A blacksmith, created Purple Lightning, whom Sir Raegan gifted to Lasswell for an currently unknown reason.

Thanks, Lyrian! I thoroughly enjoy the writing and presentation of the story, if not the actual story itself, and wish they'd have an "event viewer" like FFX did.

Reddit has been trying to document all the cutscenes in the game because of this. I'll see if I can find the threads in question.

I recall two or three of those threads, and I agree: they were exceptionally helpful. I just don't know if whoever committed to that endeavor is planning on continuing.

eggydoo

Looked up Fire Emblem heroes..looks very eh.

If you're looking for a tactics style gacha game, should look up fantasy war tactics. I played that game for about a year and a half and it's a great tactics game.
I just eventually got tired of grinding for new heroes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
This Fire Emblem Gacha that will release in two weeks, will it JPN only or global? I've only played the first 3DS title and I thought it was fantastic.

Interested to see how a Nintendo ran Gacha game will be like. Go for the throat in regards to summon rates or be accommodating and casual friendly.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Did everyone clear out what they wanted from Akademia's grind?

[x] 30k moogle
[x] all the tickets
[x] wind dagger
[x] gigantuars -- maxed Chizuru to 100, got Luka up to 5* - 61
[x] sacred crystals -- you know Luka takes *15* to wake up to 5*?!)
[x] 6* materia -- not buying backups, but i have enough to wake up Luka to 6*
[ ] remaining star quartz (2,700)
[ ] speed materia (4,800)
[ ] megacites (15,000)
[ ] 70k moogle (70,000)

Still thinking about the speed/dodge materia and whether I want to bother to grind for the megacites. Unless something changes there's no way I'm trying for the 2nd moogle.

Muku

We got your back Valentus! You got this!! :)

This FE gacha... eh, I have no real attachment to FE, so I'll probably be the only one left in BE. :(

Skii

[x] 30k moogle
[x] all the tickets
[x] wind dagger
[ ] megacites (15,000)
[ ] 70k moogle (70,000)

Still thinking about the speed/dodge materia and whether I want to bother to grind for the megacites. Unless something changes there's no way I'm trying for the 2nd moogle.

I'm still at 5k orbs and I need 30k to get all the 6 star awakening mats and the gigantaurs. Probably wont be able to grind enough for all of it tbh

[x] 30k moogle
[x] all the tickets
[x] wind dagger
[ ] megacites (15,000)
[ ] 70k moogle (70,000)

Getting there. I don't need awakening mats because Rain was awakened cheaply, though I might top off one or two. I've got most of the megacites, the speed materia, and the HP/wind dagger. In the process of getting tickets. I don't care about Star Quartz because arena; same goes for the 70k moogle. Might get the 30k moogle, but I'm not stressing about it.

I will probably get gigantuars for the inevitable Ariana grind to 100.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Am I wrong about the rate? You do get a slight bonus for the guatanteed gold in an 11 pull, but it's not that much better is it?

the rate up on 11 pulls is only on the last crystal, it's for 4*s and up, and it's only to 5%,

to get a target banner rainbow unit with a rate of 0.5%, you have to know first that the rainbow pool is up to 68 units now (?). The rate to pull a rainbow is around 1%, or one in every hundred pulls. So when you pull a rainbow, you then have a one in sixty-eight (1.5%) chance of getting the rainbow you want.

So just on a single pull your chance of pulling the exact rainbow banner unit you want is 1.5% of 1%, or .015%, or basically one in a thousand pulls.

The math for 11 pulls is slightly different since the pool for gold crystals (or better) is different than only rainbows, but it's similarly terrible. And it's only one one unit for each of those 11 pulls.

Shorter version: nobody is approaching 65% chances of pulling anything.

greyshark

the rate up on 11 pulls is only on the last crystal, it's for 4*s and up, and it's only to 5%,

to get a target banner rainbow unit with a rate of 0.5%, you have to know first that the rainbow pool is up to 68 units now (?). The rate to pull a rainbow is around 1%, or one in every hundred pulls. So when you pull a rainbow, you then have a one in sixty-eight (1.5%) chance of getting the rainbow you want.

So just on a single pull your chance of pulling the exact rainbow banner unit you want is 1.5% of 1%, or .015%, or basically one in a thousand pulls.

The math for 11 pulls is slightly different since the pool for gold crystals (or better) is different than only rainbows, but it's similarly terrible. And it's only one one unit for each of those 11 pulls.

Shorter version: nobody is approaching 65% chances of pulling anything.

Isn't that the off banner 5* rate? I would think on banner 5* has a better chance of being pulled given a single rainbow.

Isn't that the off banner 5* rate? I would think on banner 5* has a better chance of being pulled given a single rainbow.

I thought it was 1% rainbow, then a 50% chance of being the designated on-banner 5* and 50% of being an off-banner 5*, which could be anything from Alma to Zidane (and Noctis in between).

I don't think there's enough evidence to assess this, but I really wonder whether there's any math behind off-banner rainbows. And by that, I mean if there's any skew in the distribution towards certain bases (or characters) at all.

We've all read horror stories about Troll Galufs, and I'm just about ready to break out my Troll Gilbert for my Arena Band (so he's useful after all!), but I wonder if there's any sorting that occurs. Like, we know On-Banner vs. Off-Banner is the decision point. Let's take the latter.

Does it go Rainbow (Off-Banner) -> Entire Pool of Possible 5*-Awakened Units, or does it go Rainbow (Off-Banner) -> Initial Base Calculation -> Smaller Pool of 5*-Awakened Units?

I have no idea, and hopefully the point's moot with the crystal change coming "soon," but I've basically got a 50/50 split between shit-tier and awesome off-banner rainbows, so it makes me curious.

What makes Rain so good?
Is it just leadership and full break?

6*-capable Full Breaker with Cheerga. He's got low stats and can't really deal much damage, though. He's also useful for the upcoming Greg trial (
because, with Dual Wield and the Wind Dagger and a holy-element sword equipped, he can hit for 4 elements and seal 4 of Greg's 5 abilities of doom
).

Plus, we'll be getting story character-only content eventually, which is where Rain will ironically shine.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. So judging from the Dark Fina, Noctis, and Elza banner survey results from reddit, the rate for each sits between 1.18% - 1.90%. Or 1-2 every 100 pulls.

2. The 'rainbow rate' for the +1 on a 10 pull sits around 11%-14%. Which means out of 100 11-pulls, 11 of those +1s will be a rainbow. The problem is the pool of rainbows (any unit than reach 5*s) is now at least 68 units. My understanding is that the rate of pulling the unit you want out of this pool is 5%.

3. That said if you pull an 11, I think this is how the math works out. I think.

[1] 1%-2%
[2] 1%-2%
[3] 1%-2%
[4] 1%-2%
[5] 1%-2%
[6] 1%-2%
[7] 1%-2%
[8] 1%-2%
[9] 1%-2%
[10] 1%-2%
[11] 5%

The problem is that you can't really add all these percents together ("i have a 15%-25% chance of pulling the 5* base i want on this banner") because every crystal runs that 1-2-5% rate regardless of what was pulled before it.

So while logic might tell you that if you make 6-7 11-pulls on a specific banner, you'd have a pretty good shot at getting the specific unit you want, your logic is wrong. Also I'm not good with math and don't really know what I'm talking about.

across

Tickets, dagger, one copy of Seven's ability, gigantuars, elixirs, phoenix downs, sacreds, all cheap 6* mats, star quartz, all megacites - 99 Vajra kills & 5 Doublicorns. Finished right after maintainence.

70k Moogle is a trap for those who macro, as per usual. 30k Moogle kind of is but I may just roll 3 ELT runs/day which will get me most of the way there, then do a solid day of runs to snag it, or hope on a Doublicorn or two to make up the difference.

The dodge ability is a waste. People put too much effort into Arena, which seems like the only place it'd be relevant. I view the Arena the same as I do Earth Shrine Exploration - something I do a couple times a day for the rewards. It's about equally easy to stay in the top 30k as it is to kill Belmodar.

I thought it was 1% rainbow, then a 50% chance of being the designated on-banner 5* and 50% of being an off-banner 5*, which could be anything from Alma to Zidane (and Noctis in between).

This is accurate. If you get a rainbow it's a coin flip if it's the on banner unit or units and something off banner base 5* or lower.

[x] 30k moogle
[x] all the tickets
[x] wind dagger
[ ] megacites (15,000)
[ ] 70k moogle (70,000)

Got everything except the 70k Moogle/Materias and the 5* mats. Since I will still do it 3 times a day for the daily I will probably get some of the 5* mats from the excess phantoma I get.

Celegus

87 ELT runs and still just one Double Corn. Have 53k phantoma which probably isn't enough for the stuff I want, but still got time.

Abylim

6*-capable Full Breaker with Cheerga. He's got low stats and can't really deal much damage, though. He's also useful for the upcoming Greg trial (
because, with Dual Wield and the Wind Dagger and a holy-element sword equipped, he can hit for 4 elements and seal 4 of Greg's 5 abilities of doom
).

Plus, we'll be getting story character-only content eventually, which is where Rain will ironically shine.

Fair enough

I'll just keep with Agrias. She has better damage abilities, and on hard content I usually in with Refia and Cecil anyways so buffing isn't really an issue

Shouta

70k Moogles are usually a trap if you can't run a full team and your luck with bonus mobs is bad. If you can run a near full team, then I think it's totally worth it even if it's a little off. Being able to store that for Base 5-star TMs is huge.

Edit: JP has recently swapped to 5 1% Moogles at 50,000 for all (so 10k for 1%) instead of the 2nd 70k one so yeah...

Skii

I've finally maxed my 4 star Refia only to find out I have none of her awakening materials :(

Guess I'll have to buy them all from mog shop but rip 6 star awakening mats.

Syntsui

70k Moogles are usually a trap if you can't run a full team and your luck with bonus mobs is bad. If you can run a near full team, then I think it's totally worth it even if it's a little off. Being able to store that for Base 5-star TMs is huge.

Edit: JP has recently swapped to 5 1% Moogles at 50,000 instead of the 2nd 70k one so yeah...
They might as well remove it here then. Why the fuck they would just go and remove one of the best, and already grind as fuck, rewards. And then replace it with the biggest middle finger alternative.

I can't understand this company. Part of me just thinks they purposely sabotage the players because they know most already wasted too much money on this piece of shit.

Shouta

They might as well remove it here then. Why the fuck they would just go and remove one of the best, and already grind as fuck, rewards. And then replace it with the biggest middle finger alternative.

I can't understand this company. Part of me just thinks they purposely sabotage the players because they know most already wasted too much money on this piece of shit.

Well, they started giving out 5% moogles with the high level fights during currency events is the big reason. So technically, it's 50k + a challenge fight for 10%. That's less grinding but more difficult for some to get as a result.

Malakhov

Banned
Maybe it's a stupid question but how will we grind Grande's notes for her equipment? I saw the rewards for the different difficulty modes but once completed, you can run them again for the notes?

Syntsui

Well, they started giving out 5% moogles with the high level fights during currency events is the big reason. So technically, it's 50k + a challenge fight for 10%. That's less grinding but more difficult for some to get as a result.
So you meant 50k for the whole 5 1% Moogles? That's OK, I understood they were 50k each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom