• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

fionel

I like raid events. You can gain a decent amount of exp per raid orb and spend your precious nrg on farming TM's. Way better than farming/collecting events. Farming/collecting events do give better rewards, i'll give it that.

Raids are a good source of "free" exp/rank exp. Depending on the gimmicks or difficulty of the boss it can be really time-consuming and annoying though. Also the rewards this time aren't that appealing.

It's kinda tiring to do raids once a month. I'd rather Gumi bring back those dungeon events. I know they're not very cost efficient since they have no farming value and obviously takes more time to make, but we haven't seen one since the FF10 event since last september. Hope they didn't abandon these events altogether...

That's fair. I can see how someone would not like raid events, especially if one doesn't have the units to just nuke the boss in 1 or 2 turns it can become time consuming and outright annoying at times.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Update on facebook saying we will get 500 lapis for awakening her to 6*

Also a warning not to sell or fuse her before getting the reward (dont feed her to shadow..... Yet....)

Guess im evolving her after all...lol.

KeRaSh

Update on facebook saying we will get 500 lapis for awakening her to 6*

Also a warning not to sell or fuse her before getting the reward (dont feed her to shadow..... Yet....)

It says you get the 500 Lapis by awakening her to 5* OR 6*. So no need to get her all the way up.

Whales

Banned
ariana's music ranged from " meh" to decent

the only problem is that her songs are realllllly forgettable

when she was announced I couldnt remember a single one of her song, had to youtube her

Xion86

She does have some catchy songs. But then again I quite enjoy pop music.

Anyway, I'll be grinding her event today to get it out of the way :). Glad I got the trial done yesterday so I can focus on this.

And Valentus, glad we could help!

Rootbeer

Banned
Got Ariana lvl 100 and with all of her equipment (doubles of the gloves and microphone in case I ever go crazy and want to make her dual wield)... okay event, just wish it were a performer I cared about.

Not passing up a 'free' 6* unit regardless. It was worth it.

Not sure if the drop rates are supposed to be identical for all of her Awakening mats, but for me the lipstick was the rarest. Not by much though. seemed very even.

DarkCloud

Am I missing something obvious? I've done all the stages of this event including main hall and have yet to even get her. The release notes for this event says she is obtained by completing room 1 and yet I've ran the entrance stage 10 times now and nothing has dropped.

Is this like brave frontier and it's just a chance of drop?

I just scrolled through all my units just to see if I missed getting her somehow and she isn't there. Maybe I can pretend that Fran is her I suppose.

bonkeng

Am I missing something obvious? I've done all the stages of this event including main hall and have yet to even get her. The release notes for this event says she is obtained by completing room 1 and yet I've ran the entrance stage 10 times now and nothing has dropped.

Is this like brave frontier and it's just a chance of drop?

Check your inbox. Rabbit's hiding in there somewhere.

Valentus

She does have some catchy songs. But then again I quite enjoy pop music.

Anyway, I'll be grinding her event today to get it out of the way :). Glad I got the trial done yesterday so I can focus on this.

And Valentus, glad we could help!

Thanks for taking time to put your exdeaths as Friends. Its taking me a little longer yo get the trial done, but i Will make It.

Xion86

Thanks for taking time to put your exdeaths as Friends. Its taking me a little longer yo get the trial done, but i Will make It.

Let us know if you need any other builds, the Exvius GAF veterans are more than happy to help! You have helped us enough too.

Hate it when I end up on doublicorn while not paying attention and just pressing the repeat button. I waste my first turn and end up with one or two units dead lol
If you S/L then it will restart the fight from the first stage. I did that when I accidently hit repeat earlier today. Came back the second time and smoked it.

CCIE

Banned
I have one 5* base... Did the trial this morning with Refia, Bartz, ExDeath, Cecil, and Light - Noctis friend. Cecil did nothing but provoke and soak damage, Bartz gave his LB to Noctis and Sacrifice at least half a dozen or more times. Refia sat there and healed when necessary. Main damage dealers were Light, ExDeath, and Noctis. Looking back at it now, would have been better to run with two ExDeath instead of Light. Noctis mainly inflicted status

My Light isn't bad, but she just couldn't do too much damage after round five or so. Mages are definitely better on this trial. Main problem for them, is the Chimera. But a few Meteors took care of him.

First time I really used Bartz, and Sacrifice Is pretty sweet in an endurance trial like this

As for this Arianna event, I'm going to level her to 5*, and get the mats for 6*. Then back to TM farming before Cactuar dunes this weeekend! Level Rain to 6* max, though I hate his 6* sprite

Alkez

I really thought the music in the background of the Ariana event would be Dangerous Woman, you know, seeing as that is where the bunny costume came from. A little disappointed lol I actually like that song.

Who the f told you that?! I would feel so bad for you if that's seriously the reason you never tried a FE game before.

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are some of the best games in the series and huge fan favorites.

Lol anyone I have talked to about them I guess? They say to play the handheld ones. I can't stand handhelds especially Nintendo ones so I have ignored them.

Critically the console ones weren't as well received as the handheld ones, specifically Radiant Dawn (Wii). Personally I much prefer the handheld ones, though I can understand not liking handhelds. I used to feel like that but as I've gotten older I've found handhelds are a lot easier to accommodate into my lifestyle. It's part of the reason BE has been so well received by me.

This FE gacha... eh, I have no real attachment to FE, so I'll probably be the only one left in BE. :(

Trust me when I say I will be one of the last people standing with this game lol. I'll be TM farming till they shut down the servers haha.

Skii

How do you defeat the final boss on the 13 energy stage? It resists everything and just silences everyone and I can't deal anywhere near enough damage with friend's Lightning... Am I missing something?

KeRaSh

How do you defeat the final boss on the 13 energy stage? It resists everything and just silences everyone and I can't deal anywhere near enough damage with friend's Lightning... Am I missing something?

Just... you know... punch her once?

image.php

KeRaSh

Ok... this is fucked up. I've just had a 13 energy run that didn't drop any materials from the first two waves. Fuck you GUMI. No, really. Fuck you and your stupid event.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ok... this is fucked up. I've just had a 13 energy run that didn't drop any materials from the first two waves. Fuck you GUMI. No, really. Fuck you and your stupid event.

Yikes, thats bad...

i mean it sucks and all....but you only spend 13 energy, no need to get so worked up about it....still plenty of time finish all events.

Is it just me or has there been alot of negativity surrounding this game lately ? xD

Def. feels like a lot of people are ready to jump ship if they dont pull Orlandu next month.

Nah like over 90% of the negativity is due to grande burrito. Once this nonsense blows over it should more or less be back to normal. Until the day of broken dreams and tears a.k.a Orlandu's banner. Assuming it's the same banner, no matter how many times it's repeated to not whale on this banner people will do it anyway because they can't wait any longer for him and then they'll complain about getting terrible units ;p

As for me, I would ignore her event regardless because I need to farm as much of the Academia currency as possible before it goes away. It's kind of tough without a lot of FF0 friends and it's even worse now that people are changing their shared units to cater to the new trial. I already decided the trust moogle is more useful than anything else so I'm doing it. I just have to prioritize everything else. I want the megacite pretty bad because that's what I was farming but that's exactly why I should save it for last among st my list, it's the one thing I can farm without the event :p So I suppose tickets will be the priority after moogle, I can grab the dagger everyone is saying to get since it's cheap and then the cheap 6* mats and SQ. At a minimum I need Calamity Gems, Noctis and Chorizo needing so many depleted the hell out of that mat.

I saw someone else ask but didn't see any responses, is the speed/evade ability the Mog King has worth it outside of Arena? I think it could be pretty sweet on Noctis against bosses but maybe I'm overestimating how good it is. It would just be circumstantial for trials I'm sure since attack boosting abilities would be more useful over all.

Also, Cactuar Dunes are cool since I still need to max Chorizo but I don't want to use NRG on anything but the Academia event....wish it came next weekend instead since that will be a one-off event. Probably will just hold off until the next dunes since there's no pressing need to put her in over CoD and no rush for Rain either.

mstevens

Nah like over 90% of the negativity is due to grande burrito. Once this nonsense blows over it should more or less be back to normal. Until the day of broken dreams and tears a.k.a Orlandu's banner. Assuming it's the same banner, no matter how many times it's repeated to not whale on this banner people will do it anyway because they can't wait any longer for him and then they'll complain about getting terrible units ;p

You guys convinced me not to chase him. I'll probably just do daily pulls. Saving as much as I can for a future Tidus/Rikku banner I think, but even then I'm going to try to get in the habit of not blowing everything on one banner.

So Type 0 event still has another week, and Ariana event is a week? Trying to plan out my attack.. still have a few more things I need from Type 0.

KeRaSh

Yikes, thats bad...

i mean it sucks and all....but you only spend 13 energy, no need to get so worked up about it....still plenty of time finish all events.

Is it just me or has there been alot of negativity surrounding this game lately ? xD

Def. feels like a lot of people are ready to jump ship if they dont pull Orlandu next month.

It's not that I fear I'm running out of time. It's the fact that it's a shitty design and I'm wasting my time and energy to chase one fucking bottle of hair spray to get 500 Lapis...
I've grinded around 150 energy on ELT and I didn't get the last item so I went back to the BGN stage and got it on my first try... -_-;

Brunire

You guys convinced me not to chase him. I'll probably just do daily pulls. Saving as much as I can for a future Tidus/Rikku banner I think, but even then I'm going to try to get in the habit of not blowing everything on one banner.

So Type 0 event still has another week, and Ariana event is a week? Trying to plan out my attack.. still have a few more things I need from Type 0.

Yea take it from me, don't chase 5*'s. Spent everything I had lapis/ticket wise going for Noctis and got nothing.

Iceman829

Exvius wiki says the first stage is the best place for Dangerous mats, are people finding that to be the case?

I was farming the last event for the gigantuar to level her up and the mix of other materials. The only issue with the first stage is it doesn't drop the music notes you need for the special gear. Otherwise the first mission you can grind out with your TM squad while you collect her awakening materials.

Good mentality. We will repeat it ad nauseam forevermore but chase great banners, not units. We went hard on Noctis because he had a great banner. I've wanted Orlandu for six months myself as he's hovered at the top of the Japan rankings the entire time but I guarantee at minimum he will be voted onto the player's choice banner and Shoutta said he came on the Anniversary banner which is where he got his. There will be more chances for him and I expect Noctis for those that missed him. The Anniversary for Global should be July. I personally am hoarding for the FFX banner myself, it's the next amazing banner. Not to say you can do dailies or little pulling sprees if you like a few units on other banners, I'm sure there will be some useful TM units.

Ariana is two weeks I believe too, you can verify by looking at her event icon. So if this is the case as I expect it to be, do FF0 this week until it goes away and next week we should have one more week of her banner and a new, one-shot exploration banner (most likely FF II) event. It will be easy to knock out the one-shot event in less than a day and then farm Ariana's if you feel inclined.

lol

evangd007

Oralandu banner came with the second FFT mog king event, right? Will they do banner bonus units when the banner is Orlandu, Ovelia, and two random BE units?

Also, Cactuar Dunes are cool since I still need to max Chorizo but I don't want to use NRG on anything but the Academia event....wish it came next weekend instead since that will be a one-off event. Probably will just hold off until the next dunes since there's no pressing need to put her in over CoD and no rush for Rain either.

If you don't want to take a detour from Akademeia, DWT - Main Hall has a guaranteed Gigantaur drop each run and goes until 2/3. It's slightly less efficient than Dunes, but you can run it after Akademeia is over. That's my plan since it's likely we'll get FFII next and that is an exploration (with a nice axe for Mercedes to boot) so it won't compete for NRG.

Oralandu banner came with the second FFT mog king event, right? Will they do banner bonus units when the banner is Orlandu, Ovelia, and two random BE units?

If you don't want to take a detour from Akademeia, DWT - Main Hall has a guaranteed Gigantaur drop each run and goes until 2/3. It's slightly less efficient than Dunes, but you can run it after Akademeia is over. That's my plan since it's likely we'll get FFII next and that is an exploration (with a nice axe for Mercedes to boot) so it won't compete for NRG.

I'm trying to remember if the last mog event had the bonus units. I almost want to say we got one where there wasn't since it started but I'm probably remembering wrong. If we've received it for every mog event since it's inception in Global, we can assume it will do it there too.

Oh really? I saw someone mention you could get them in the new event but didn't know it was guaranteed, nice. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom