• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

God, I miss the old EQ days. Best mmorp there ever was. Nothing felt as magical for me than EQ's first year. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I couldn't really get into it. But then again I didn't really try an EQ til PS2 version. Got in beta.

First MMORPG (not counting PSO, as cool as it is, isn't on par with actual ones) was FF11. I have a soft spot for it as well. That was some epic exploration and all.

(Not counting MUDs in that either. But those were fun as well.)

Malakhov

Banned
I couldn't really get into it. But then again I didn't really try an EQ til PS2 version. Got in beta.

First MMORPG (not counting PSO, as cool as it is, isn't on par with actual ones) was FF11. I have a soft spot for it as well. That was some epic exploration and all.

(Not counting MUDs in that either. But those were fun as well.)

Can't blame you, the ps2 port was horrible, and the magic was long gone.

CCIE

Banned
I may just have to add the Fire Emblem game... F2P for the most part. Between that and FFBE, my days of playing games on PS4 and such may be over except occasionally. Don't have the time anymore, and mobile games are easier for an adult

I guess we will see.

Rixa

YES
YES
I DID IT
I DID IT

1 HOUR BATTLE

FUCKING EUROPA DOWN

Grats :). I havent tried it yet with my normal team. I may use:
Noctis / Noctis / Ace / Cecil / Refia / f.Noctis

Ace gets his LB up almost all the time so I think it will be handy + use sometimes Wild Cards (obviously dual wielding weapons).

How do I steal? Is that some sort of magic I need?
Btw there are Trophies for "Steal".

I got Gold trophy (500 Lapis) 7th June 2016, it was my first Gold in BE.

Screenshot_20160607-144035.png

Well that's out the way :D

bKqVzBVl.png

Back to Akademeia!

Remember to craft second Microphone. You can dual wield them.

KeRaSh

Beat the new trial. That was fun!
Team looked like this:

Noctis
Gilgamesh
Lightning
Cecil
Refia
Noctis (friend)

Forgot to give Dual Cast to Refia (Cecil had it so it was OK).
The hardest part was MP management but Noctis' Jump ability helped a lot in that department.
Had to use 5 Turbo Ethers, 5 Mega Ethers and 5 Elixirs.
I took a calculated risk by having Chirijiden equipped on Gilgamesh so he took on the role of an item whore during the Chimera fight.

Gilgamesh trial when?

I may just have to add the Fire Emblem game... F2P for the most part. Between that and FFBE, my days of playing games on PS4 and such may be over except occasionally. Don't have the time anymore, and mobile games are easier for an adult

I guess we will see.

Are you me?

I was just thinking the same thing. Tonight, after I got back from a date, I had three feasible options: FFXV on my PS4, Fire Emblem: Revelations on my 3DS, and FF: Record Keeper. I chose the last option to catch up (that is, auto-battle through some things) since I was already TM farming FF: BE on my computer.

I'll take my 3DS on my business trip to Austin this weekend. I'm nearly done with the game, thankfully. Can't wait to get it over with.

Neekaw

God, I miss the old EQ days. Best mmorp there ever was. Nothing felt as magical for me than EQ's first year. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

The fear of dying while exploring, the world was huge and mysterious. Argh, why did you guys bring EQ up...

God yes, nothing ever came close to the feeling of accomplishement that game provided.

I played from the kunark days up until getting my epic 2.0, i'll never forget the rush of most top tier raids, the competition between top guilds (raid bosses were not instanced, you had to be the first to beat them).

I played WoW quite a bit as well, it never compared.

Malakhov

Banned
I just rolled for fun since I'm out of nrg

wit the 6 tickets I got:

Mercedes
Vaan
Luka
shadow
penelop
elle

That mercedes/vaan/Luka combo for a beginner is pretty darn good.

Flambe

Kedge Keep? The broken as hell zone no one knew about for ages? One of my absolute favorite places back in the day, lack of z-axis pathing and all. Couldn't get a soul to go there, ever. Same for Mistmoore.

You could do some crazy stuff in EQ1 that isn't considered acceptable anymore these days. Enchanters had all the fun and broke all the rules.

The grinds in FFBE? Yawn. Whatever. Child's play compared to the grinds required in EQ1

Sadly, those days will never be duplicated.

Fucking Kedge for my Wizard Epic weapon -_- Cockblocked me just enough that I got second 1.0 on server by a hair >.<

The grinds AND losing exp/levels when you died (until later when rez sticks became commonplace). Brutal.

I'm okay with them not being duplicated now, I don't have time in my life for anything that hardcore. Can't even play WoW to putter on groups, let alone evening-long raids.

That reminds me, only time I've ever fallen asleep gaming was on a PoFear weekend, stayed up near 40 hours and we had a pause in the action for some reason and I was ouuuut. Woke up dead with one of our very kind monks waiting around my corpse to drag it =p

Oh yeah FFBE. Goddamn this Akademia is taking forever since I never blew pulls on the banner and am just using friend units for bonus =|
Thank goodness we get a couple weeks for Grande event =| =| =|

I really just want to get back to TMs I think, but I need last 2 pull tickets and to decide if I wanna get any of those accessories. Evade ones come in handy down the road? Humm

I just saw the trailer for the Grande event.

Interesting trailer. That Odin tease got me even more anxious for his release.

One question: Who is the girl with the pigtails in the CG lineup? I recognize Jake, Dark Fina, Fina, Rain, Lasswell, Cid, and Nichol but not her.

Oh and I gotta say that the Fina / Dark Fina bit at 1:37 comes off kinda... ummm... yeaaaaaaaaaaaah... o_O

tuffymon

Question, since I haven't done Grande's event much... normally you can't dual wield instruments, but she can? Does that mean that she can mix and match? So uhh... the few that have Dark Fina and obtain her Tm could really boost Grande's magic ya?

Malakhov

Banned
Just did the march of the beasts trial to get the demon chain armor for Gilgamesh, finally he has a chest piece with +atk.

My phone is steaming hot and is so slow now. That's after days of having to reinstall everything because it kept crashing, I think the trial almost killed it.

I think it's time to replace my LG G3 but damn I dont want to spend money on a phone now :(

Valentus

Thank you all for your Kind words. Its true the trial tales a lot yo be done, and nobody here or reddit or ffbe.com wont do that because everybody has a friend op, but It was a personal challenge yo see if the Game was getting unfair ir not.

Luckily that isnt the case yet.

I find more satisfaction beating content that way than in 2 minutes with my full party.

Also i find usefulness to units that has never been taking un consideration (rosa, ingus, etc)

Gilgamesh trial is a different Kind of beast. I dont know whats awaits US (gumi Will buff ir not...) But he wont defeat me. Wont defeat exviusGAF

Xion86

Remember to craft second Microphone. You can dual wield them.

Yup, I did that :) I also made duplicates of the other items but then realised no one else can use them haha. Glad that's out the way though.

Valentus - wow that's incredible! Very Impressive, big well done. Shows how tactical this game can be.

And yes!! Enchanted Maze is back already!! Looking forward to more Limit Burst Pots for Cecil as he's 21/25.

Daily pull was Duane.

I'm still very noob with this game despite playing it since 3 month now (mostly 1 login to get the reward) and I have some questions:
- How can you craft good stuff? Most of my characters are lvl 30-35 but the deal crap damage compared to the friend's invocation
- How do you get new summon spirit? I only have the first one
- How long is it to reach 6 stars with a character? I'm doing the daily dungeons to get some material but it just exploded my item limit and I still don't have enough to upgrade my 4-starts characters

Ken

linkent

Thank you all for your Kind words. Its true the trial tales a lot yo be done, and nobody here or reddit or ffbe.com wont do that because everybody has a friend op, but It was a personal challenge yo see if the Game was getting unfair ir not.

Luckily that isnt the case yet.

I find more satisfaction beating content that way than in 2 minutes with my full party.

Also i find usefulness to units that has never been taking un consideration (rosa, ingus, etc)

Gilgamesh trial is a different Kind of beast. I dont know whats awaits US (gumi Will buff ir not...) But he wont defeat me. Wont defeat exviusGAF
Gratz! It is an impressive feat.
And doing something you enjoy while earning that achievement.
That's is gaming all about!

Thought i set up my Exdeath correctly but it is still Noctis. >.<
Could have been me appearing in a Youtube video! :p
damn you Rokuren

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Sooo, this is gonna be awkward considering some people freaked out when I got Dark Fina.

I pulled Ace as my daily this morning. That makes my fourth 5 star character since starting 20 days ago. Should I swap CoD out for him?

vwybP3f.jpg

Guess that means I'm farming even more 6 star mats. x_x

Malakhov

Banned
Guys I know it's a bit off topic but maybe you can help me.

We drove to florida and I used my phone for the drive to get there and the drive to get back home. So it was used as a gps for about 22 hours straight both times and it was plugged through a usb charger all the time.

Since Ive gotten back home I keep having crashes and slow downs. And now it appears to be worst when the phone gets hot. When I take off the phone case it appears to be somewhat better.

Could it be the battery? The cpu? Am I screwed?

It keeps crashing while Im in the arena and it messes everything up for me...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Grats Valentus...this was very impressive and alot of work. But its a great reminder for people with less Gacha luck or alot of OP firends that you can still make it work - just needs more time and planning.

I'm still very noob with this game despite playing it since 3 month now (mostly 1 login to get the reward) and I have some questions:
- How can you craft good stuff? Most of my characters are lvl 30-35 but the deal crap damage compared to the friend's invocation
- How do you get new summon spirit? I only have the first one
- How long is it to reach 6 stars with a character? I'm doing the daily dungeons to get some material but it just exploded my item limit and I still don't have enough to upgrade my 4-starts characters

Well the most obvious answer is that you have to "play" the game, just login in wont cut it. The friend summons you used likely are all max level and max awakened units. To get and craft the best weapons in the game you have take part in all the events, beat tougher trail bosses and obtain TM weapons from units.

If you are looking for a casual experience first it might be best to invest some tim ine the Story Mode and get more accustomed to the game. Save your Lapis for good Banner units and expand your unit/equipment slot if you havent done that already.

What units do you have so far ?
Whats a good cheap phone to play this game folks if I have to get rid of my lg3?

Tired of these crashes and heat problems.

Weird..games runs just fine on my LG G2. This game should run on almost everything you can find for 100 bucks tbh.

Sooo, this is gonna be awkward considering some people freaked out when I got Dark Fina.

I pulled Ace as my daily this morning. That makes my fourth 5 star character since starting 20 days ago. Should I swap CoD out for him?

Wow... that's just.... wow.

I've gotten 5 rainbows since I started back in September, and four of them have been trolls. Which means I've received one "real" 5* unit in... what... a couple thousand pulls? It's gotta' be in that ballpark. Your luck is off the charts.

That being said, congrats on the pulls!!

CoD and Ace are apples and oranges. Ace is a pretty strong attack mage, which can certainly be very handy. CoD is a great all around support/DPS unit. Personally, CoD is a mainstay on my team whereas I haven't brought along a mage on my core squad in well over a month now. But I know others value mages more than I do.

udca

First daily rainbow! I believe the myth now! It was a blue -> gold -> rainbow! Even more impressive!

Got Ace. Not sure if I should be happy though? You guys don't seem too keen about him

Alkez

YES
YES
I DID IT
I DID IT

1 HOUR BATTLE

FUCKING EUROPA DOWN

yeah i posted that, it was a feat worthy of a bigger audience

Congrats Val! I said last time you should make a reddit post about it. Glad Silver did it this time otherwise I would have lol. Nice 400 views already. There's a lot of F2P players on reddit that could use these videos.

Edit: Btw I would recommend putting this detail in the video description http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228720618&postcount=11823

Rixa

First daily rainbow! I believe the myth now! It was a blue -> gold -> rainbow! Even more impressive!

Got Ace. Not sure if I should be happy though? You guys don't seem too keen about him

Iam going to use my Ace on new trial. That LB is so fast up and my Ace LB level is 4.

Rootbeer

Banned

He's a lot of fun to use. So there is that. The game is supposed to be fun, right? Could have been a lot worse! Congrats and you should get his exclusive materia from the event for him while you have the chance.

Andvary

vwybP3f.jpg

Congrats guys!

bonkeng

Guys I know it's a bit off topic but maybe you can help me.

We drove to florida and I used my phone for the drive to get there and the drive to get back home. So it was used as a gps for about 22 hours straight both times and it was plugged through a usb charger all the time.

Since Ive gotten back home I keep having crashes and slow downs. And now it appears to be worst when the phone gets hot. When I take off the phone case it appears to be somewhat better.

Could it be the battery? The cpu? Am I screwed?

It keeps crashing while Im in the arena and it messes everything up for me...

Definitely battery.

I've experienced this with G3 and Note 4.

When using car charger or portable charger, never use your phone for extended amount of time. It will fuck up your battery due to overheating.

Messed up my G3's battery doing that, didn't learn the lesson. Fucked up my note 4's battery, finally learned my lesson.

Your battery is mostly likely bloated now, and will keep on overheating.

Just buy a new genuine battery, it'll be good as new.

udca

Iam going to use my Ace on new trial. That LB is so fast up and my Ace LB level is 4.

He's a lot of fun to use. So there is that. The game is supposed to be fun, right? Could have been a lot worse! Congrats and you should get his exclusive materia from the event for him while you have the chance.

yeah man

Ace LB hits like a damn truck

dual weild wild card isnt bad either

Interesting. I'm guessing the lb scales with mag?

Btw grats Valentus on your 1 hour f2p trial hahaha insane!!! Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom