• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
dual weild wild card isnt bad either
It can also be exploited for big damage because it carries the properties of your weapon (DW of Omni/Wizard Rod + Thunder Rod for this event) and activates Killers (Machine for most of this event and Beast for Dubs).

back to hunting Double Lee Korn
Finally ran into one myself!
Iqb3DGz.png

udca

It can also be exploited for big damage because it carries the properties of your weapon (DW of Omni/Wizard Rod + Thunder Rod for this event) and activates Killers (Machine for most of this event and Beast for Dubs).

What game is that?

Rixa

Yeah but Iam planning the use in Trial and there I will have non elemental rods. Also in event my Ace is non elemental.
What game is that?

FF Record Keeper.

Xion86

I'm still very noob with this game despite playing it since 3 month now (mostly 1 login to get the reward) and I have some questions:
- How can you craft good stuff? Most of my characters are lvl 30-35 but the deal crap damage compared to the friend's invocation
- How do you get new summon spirit? I only have the first one
- How long is it to reach 6 stars with a character? I'm doing the daily dungeons to get some material but it just exploded my item limit and I still don't have enough to upgrade my 4-starts characters

In addition to the previous reply...

What might have been better is instead of logging in once just to get the reward, is to at least use up your NRG bar and Arena/Colosseum orbs. It will be hard to progress further into the game otherwise, best to try get through the story content first and climb up the Colosseum with your orbs.

I've never really relied on my characters getting their gear from crafting, personally, crafting hasn't had a huge impact on the game for me apart from accessories (Hyper Wrist, Hero's Rings etc comes to mind) and Event specific recipies. Most of the gear has come through doing the story and getting rewards along the way, town shops, grinding all the events that were released since launch or doing the trials, and lately Trust Mastery rewards (which takes quite a long time).

For Summons, if you were to just play through the story, you probably won't run into the areas where the Summons are, because you need to usually talk to person X, then person Y and go to place Z etc, and suddenly when you go back to the map a new location would unlock. It might be worth checking online where you get them and see if you have unlocked those areas yet or not.

Getting to 6 star isn't bad if you have an event which gives you the silver Gigantuars which you can fuse into the characters you want to awaken to 6 stars. Once you get to 6 stars you will need to go from 0-100 too. You can run the likes of the Chanber of Experience Vortex or the Miranda Coast exploration to gain levels. Remember that you need certain Awakening materials to get from 5 star to 6 star. You can increase your material limit too (which is very much worth doing).

Cactaur
Academia
Grande Burrito
Maze

Jesus, gumi....slow down.

New story area
Trial
Rain to max out to 100

;)

Cactuar Dunes is such a tease :( really want to use it to max out Rain and both my Sevens to make the event even quicker on each run. But I think I'll stick to Akademeia only, I've got the 30k Moogle and abilities/weapons, and the items I want, just need to go for the summon tickets and few other bits.

EDarkness

I have to admit that I hate the Davicorn things that pop up in the Academia runs. Drives me crazy since they're a pain in the ass to kill. I feel sorry for lowbie groups running PRO who have to deal with them. I hope they don't do this again. We should feel good when they show up not dread. I'd much rather not deal with them.

Niahak

I have to admit that I hate the Davicorn things that pop up in the Academia runs. Drives me crazy since they're a pain in the ass to kill. I feel sorry for lowbie groups running PRO who have to deal with them. I hope they don't do this again. We should feel good when they show up not dread. I'd much rather not deal with them.

You can defend for a few turns and they go away on their own.

Personally I'd rather not have the low-rate high-value enemies to begin with, so it's a little more deterministic, but you don't have to kill them.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Wow... that's just.... wow.

I've gotten 5 rainbows since I started back in September, and four of them have been trolls. Which means I've received one "real" 5* unit in... what... a couple thousand pulls? It's gotta' be in that ballpark. Your luck is off the charts.

That being said, congrats on the pulls!!

CoD and Ace are apples and oranges. Ace is a pretty strong attack mage, which can certainly be very handy. CoD is a great all around support/DPS unit. Personally, CoD is a mainstay on my team whereas I haven't brought along a mage on my core squad in well over a month now. But I know others value mages more than I do.

Thanks - I'm wondering if Ace is useful to chain with Dark Fina since she's my highest source of DPS. Does CoD get significantly better at 6 star? Right now she's a bit of a dud for me.

EDarkness

Thanks - I'm wondering if Ace is useful to chain with Dark Fina since she's my highest source of DPS. Does CoD get significantly better at 6 star? Right now she's a bit of a dud for me.

CoD is badass at 6*. She has a permanent spot in my group. Put dual wield on her and she's even better. The only problem is getting a good weapon for her. Luckily, the plant trial provides one if you can beat it.

You can defend for a few turns and they go away on their own.

Personally I'd rather not have the low-rate high-value enemies to begin with, so it's a little more deterministic, but you don't have to kill them.

I agree. But if they're going to do this, then making them not so much of a pain in the ass would be nice. Or if they're going to be this much of a pain, then give more points for them. 1000 points is crap for the trouble you have to go through and how rare they are. I can take them out when they show up, but they ruin my flow. Ugh.

Valentus

People remember? Wow, I don't quite feel so old now that could recall the syntax for an EQ1 zone-wide shout command.

From the video, I don't think it was a GAF Exdeath. It least it wasn't a GAFer's name that I recognized. Still cool that he finally pulled it off.

I'm finding it borderline hilarious that Ariana gets a set of gear that is not quite TM-tier, but considerably better than standard event gear for mages. Also, is allowed to equip Ultima/Meteor as well is a chuckle. Otherwise, she is a weird somewhat serviceable, Rydia without the summoning potential and a lesser Ramza rolled into one.

Just subbed to your channel Valentus~ Going to watch the video now.

EQ =]

Also grats Valentus, not my ExDeath though =*( hehe

LOL yous guys. If I didn't know we were in BE thread, I'd be asking what game you were playing to be farming for that, haha.

Well, without really trying, I've gotten Trey to 5*. Just leveling him up in my ELT Akademia runs. Figured once he hit 3* cap no reason not to up him. Then a few moments ago, without realizing he was so close to 4* cap, capped again. Guess if nothing else I'll have him built up if I ever need him.

Holy shiiiit. 1 hour? FFS. But congratulations!!!!!

Impressive vid, damn! I subbed to your channel too.

Thanks for confirming. I only asked because I wasn't sure if there was any discrepancy between the weekly standings and the monthly ones. I figured it out and as it turns out, I'm not quite there yet but I'm hoping I can get there by the end of the month!

Congrats Valentus, that is some serious commitment!

Bwa hahaha!

Okay, damn Valentus. Watched it from start to finish. You have the patience of a freaking Saint. And I know that is only one of god knows how many runs you did to perfect that run. Major props on it!

Edit: Also, made a comment on it. Because that one jackass had to thumbs down it. Apparently they were not entertained...

Grats :). I havent tried it yet with my normal team. I may use:
Noctis / Noctis / Ace / Cecil / Refia / f.Noctis

Ace gets his LB up almost all the time so I think it will be handy + use sometimes Wild Cards (obviously dual wielding weapons).

Btw there are Trophies for "Steal".

I got Gold trophy (500 Lapis) 7th June 2016, it was my first Gold in BE.

Screenshot_20160607-144035.png

Remember to craft second Microphone. You can dual wield them.

Congrats, Valentus! That was an epic video. Shows that you're a true master of this game. *bow*

Seriously. That was a feat that definitely deserves more attention. Mad props, Valentus. Putting your mark on the FFBE community one boss at a time. :D

Yup, I did that :) I also made duplicates of the other items but then realised no one else can use them haha. Glad that's out the way though.

Valentus - wow that's incredible! Very Impressive, big well done. Shows how tactical this game can be.

And yes!! Enchanted Maze is back already!! Looking forward to more Limit Burst Pots for Cecil as he's 21/25.

Daily pull was Duane.

Gratz! It is an impressive feat.
And doing something you enjoy while earning that achievement.
That's is gaming all about!

Thought i set up my Exdeath correctly but it is still Noctis. >.<
Could have been me appearing in a Youtube video! :p
damn you Rokuren

Grats Valentus...this was very impressive and alot of work. But its a great reminder for people with less Gacha luck or alot of OP firends that you can still make it work - just needs more time and planning.

Well the most obvious answer is that you have to "play" the game, just login in wont cut it. The friend summons you used likely are all max level and max awakened units. To get and craft the best weapons in the game you have take part in all the events, beat tougher trail bosses and obtain TM weapons from units.

If you are looking for a casual experience first it might be best to invest some tim ine the Story Mode and get more accustomed to the game. Save your Lapis for good Banner units and expand your unit/equipment slot if you havent done that already.

What units do you have so far ?

Weird..games runs just fine on my LG G2. This game should run on almost everything you can find for 100 bucks tbh.

Interesting. I'm guessing the lb scales with mag?

Btw grats Valentus on your 1 hour f2p trial hahaha insane!!! Good job!

I fire up the youtube app and see Valentus's 52 mins video, sweet!
Congrats, that's a huge feat, watching it now!

Thank you all, i really wanted to use a GAF Exdeath, but i used all of you in my previous tries xD, but still, i wont have accomplished this without all of you. This is gaf neogaf Brave Exvius community can make. Not only surpass the trials, but take the max of all units. So this is a community achievement.

I put the description of the battle in my YT video, thank you all for sharing the video to get more views.

So to the tactical point: I have an idea for a pure F2P party with only 5 units:

Rain
Exdeath
Exdeath Friend
VLC Fina
VLC Fina

The trick? All turns Leadership
Then Doublecast Meteor or Elemental damage

And heres the trick:

the first VLC fina cast ritual (cure 30% HP and 10% MP to all party except caster)
And then the second VLC fina cast ritual too, so the first fina recovers MP from her ritual, and the second fina recovers MP too from her ritual (if i cast both rituals at the same time, the MP consuption resolves firsts, so both fina recovers MP from her rituals) And Rain and both exdeaths recovers 20% MP, so luckily refilling all MP

I need to tests this but i need to evolve my to traffic cones.

Cactuar Dunes cant come in most perfect timming.

So to the tactical point: I have an idea for a pure F2P party with only 5 units:

Rain
Exdeath
Exdeath Friend
VLC Fina
VLC Fina

The trick? All turns Leadership
Then Doublecast Meteor or Elemental damage

And heres the trick:

the first VLC fina cast ritual (cure 30% HP and 10% MP to all party except caster)
And then the second VLC fina cast ritual too, so the first fina recovers MP from her ritual, and the second fina recovers MP too from her ritual (if i cast both rituals at the same time, the MP consuption resolves firsts, so both fina recovers MP from her rituals) And Rain and both exdeaths recovers 20% MP, so luckily refilling all MP

I need to tests this but i need to evolve my to traffic cones.

Cactuar Dunes cant come in most perfect timming.
I can always count on you to come up with out of left field ideas that I had never even thought about before. I love it. :D

Syrus

Banned
I think im done with academia. I have ovwr 80 6 star matso i dont need to farm more..maybe

I guess i can do cactaur and level all the peeps ive neglected then maze then ginish ariana grande equipment.

Got two fully levelled edgar , levelling WoL to max.

May level Celes to max , not sure.

Pretty much her best skills are all with the 6* upgrade. She is damn near vital to the success of my DPS focused team, to be honest. I think she's the most versatile unit in the game. Just my opinion, but I know it's shared by others here as well.

Malakhov

Banned
Definitely battery.

I've experienced this with G3 and Note 4.

When using car charger or portable charger, never use your phone for extended amount of time. It will fuck up your battery due to overheating.

Messed up my G3's battery doing that, didn't learn the lesson. Fucked up my note 4's battery, finally learned my lesson.

Your battery is mostly likely bloated now, and will keep on overheating.

Just buy a new genuine battery, it'll be good as new.
Thanks. I will try to find one asap.
Them cheap ones on eBay is a no go?

CCIE

Banned
Dark Fina and Noctis are my most wanted units... I think DF is the most versatile 5* out there, though Noctis may be close. I swear he is good at everything, and I really, really wish I could have pulled one.

I cry a little inside every time I use a GAF Noctis - they are all above 700+ ATK as well

Syntsui

Noctis LB with Excalibur will one shot every single trial boss once Orlandu chaining meta becomes a thing. I can't fucking wait.

NomarTyme

I don't if this been mentioned, but for Ariana 8 energy Corridor the Boss appears to drop one musical note. Instead one one musical note it drops 2 when I see that reward. I don't if you just my game. I want to know if anybody experience this too?

eggydoo

i'm not sure if I want to get Grande up to 6*, farming those mats are eh when I have akademia to do.

I got her up to 5star just to do it....

CCIE

Banned
I was saying this on the Discord chat, but wanted to post it here as well... Valentus videos make the game a lot less depressing for those of us that have been unable to pull all the 5* units. I mean, I get upset sometimes, but I have all of those units and more. I use Rosa for EXP runs as a MP battery, and she is absolutely amazing. I finished out the trial, and believe it or not, Light was my least useful unit. Should have brought another ExDeath. Dude is just awesome for a 3* base unit. Now, he just needs to be able to equip robes ...

Major props to Valentus for his videos. It gives some of the less fortunate here hope. Now don't get me wrong. I'd love another base 5* to pair with Light ... But I've come to grips with the fact I'm not going to pull them, and that is okay. I'm working around it

Only really frustrating part for me is the damned Arena. I HATE going in there with my under-powered group against all the whales that demolish me quickly if the AI is up to snuff. Especially Noctis. That bastard and his blizzard flask - that should be illegal until there is a way to combat STOP

Alkez

That bastard and his blizzard flask - that should be illegal until there is a way to combat STOP

Yeah the problem is we got him too early. Japan now has Ayaka who is immune to stop and has aoe stop removal. We need to wait 6+ months for that.

No dual cast this week is annoying for me :/ arena took forever this morning.

CCIE

Banned
Yes, no DC is BS when you don't have that many 5* base units, and are dealing with whales that cut you down to nothing in no time flat.

Pejo

Grats Valentus, that was a good vid.

Switched my unit back from Exdeath to Seven, finished off Ariana to 6* with all her equips. You know, she's not a half bad free mage/buffer.

Now back to Akademia grind. I bought the 70k Moogle first (idk why), so now I need to dig in to the rest of the stuff. I'm deciding if I want that evasion materia. Will probably pick it up for an inevitable gimmick build for a boss or trial eventually.

I'm debating doing a single 10+1 for a shot at Dark Fina before her banner is gone, but damn I do not want another Elle. Then I think about it, and how I never ever use mages, and idk.

So much stuff to do in this game right now. I'd love a nice lull to get back to TM farming after this all ends.

Shouta

Turns out Julian isn't that hot. =( He has some decent Modifier % attacks but they kept the same SaGa system where his attacks unlock with Inspirations, oof.

Edit: Julian is largely AOE attacks

mstevens

So much stuff to do in this game right now.

Seriously! Luckily I'm only about 5 music notes and some awakening materials short of being done with Ariana's event. Then I need to clean up the Type 0 6* mats and magicite so I can hit the maze hard.

Not to mention I still have a ton of the story to do still... not complaining though, too much content is much better than not enough.

Turns out Julian isn't that hot. =( He has some decent ST% attacks but they kept the same SaGa system where his attacks unlock with Inspirations, oof.

SaGa 3 is the only RS game I've played through. Only once though, with Katarina. I remember struggling trying to understand the merchant minigame.

God, RS3 was such a great, big, beautiful mess. Lobsters, removable silver hands, unlockable tactician modes...

I want a 6* Fat Robin.

TM status... Karl 1, 78%; Karl 2, 80%; Gaff 1, 82%; Gaff 2, 79.6%; Luneth, 58.4%.

This is a slog, but I want to grind these out before my trip on Sunday.

The 2x Chorizo (for BM #3) and 3x Hayate (for Black Cowl #2) will be easier.

Kouriozan

Reddit complaining about the current banners not being so hot; in a few weeks they'll cry they spent 50k lapis and didn't get Orlandu, hahaha.

Kouriozan

Soleil was pretty good at that time in Japan, but yeah with Global knowing what they'll get in 6/7 months she's not looking that good.
Maybe for those who don't have Ramza (+ Soleil enhancements)

Shouta

I looked up the SaGa units. None of them really look that great tbh.

Their modifiers are great. Julian gets a 800% AOE attack and 800% is higher than pretty much all of the big meta units like Orlandu. The problem is the random nature of getting the abilities and they don't cut elemental resistance themselves. They can simply work with another unit that can reduce elem resist so it's just getting those abilities through Inspiration.

Adel gets a barrier that works like Golem's though and that stacks with other damage cut abilities apparently. That should be good.

Alkez

Their modifiers are great. Julian gets a 800% AOE attack and 800% is higher than pretty much all of the big meta units like Orlandu. The problem is the random nature of getting the abilities and they don't cut elemental resistance themselves. They can simply work with another unit that can reduce elem resist so it's just getting those abilities through Inspiration.

Yeah the random nature of getting the abilities is what I don't like. In long battles I can see them being good as you have time to acquire the skills. Do the acquired skills stay after each round?

Muku

Thank you all, i really wanted to use a GAF Exdeath, but i used all of you in my previous tries xD, but still, i wont have accomplished this without all of you. This is gaf neogaf Brave Exvius community can make. Not only surpass the trials, but take the max of all units. So this is a community achievement.

I put the description of the battle in my YT video, thank you all for sharing the video to get more views.

You're welcome Valentus~ All you need to do is call upon us again and we will be there right with you. That's what makes GAF Exvius awesome.

It's really amazing to see what you can do. And I was kind of surprised last night to see Rosa in the mix.

Enchanted Maze again?! Holy crap... isn't that the quickest it's returned? I'll take it....

Edit: Do a daily summon... Locke. Ummm, realistically, how many of the Rising Sun do I need? Because that is my 4th Locke. >_>

Shouta

Yeah the random nature of getting the abilities is what I don't like. In long battles I can see them being good as you have time to acquire the skills. Do the acquired skills stay after each round?

They should stay for the duration of the battle. I haven't finished leveling my Julian to try it out yet personally though.

You're welcome Valentus~ All you need to do is call upon us again and we will be there right with you. That's what makes GAF Exvius awesome.

It's really amazing to see what you can do. And I was kind of surprised last night to see Rosa in the mix.

Enchanted Maze again?! Holy crap... isn't that the quickest it's returned? I'll take it....

Edit: Do a daily summon... Locke. Ummm, realistically, how many of the Rising Sun do I need? Because that is my 4th Locke. >_>

It's only the 3rd time we have had it at all I believe. So much much faster between the last one and this one as opposed to the gap between the previous 2.

evangd007

Reddit complaining about the current banners not being so hot; in a few weeks they'll cry they spent 50k lapis and didn't get Orlandu, hahaha.

Correction: every banner since Noctis banner hasn't been as good as the Noctis banner because that was one of the best banners global has gotten.

Soleil was pretty good at that time in Japan, but yeah with Global knowing what they'll get in 6/7 months she's not looking that good.
Maybe for those who don't have Ramza (+ Soleil enhancements)

We are also getting Soleil shortly after getting another 6* Singer/Dancer style character, Ariana, for free.

If you run all 4 of them in your TMR group, you only need to get each of them to 21.25% to get one. Behold the power of parallel processing!

For me, however, the number is likely to be zero. I'll probably pull enough Wakkas on the FFX banner to make his throwing weapon TMR when I go for Tidus/Rikku, like all of our friends with 1-3 Equip H Shields from the Noctis banner.

Grats Valentus...this was very impressive and alot of work. But its a great reminder for people with less Gacha luck or alot of OP firends that you can still make it work - just needs more time and planning.

Well the most obvious answer is that you have to "play" the game, just login in wont cut it. The friend summons you used likely are all max level and max awakened units. To get and craft the best weapons in the game you have take part in all the events, beat tougher trail bosses and obtain TM weapons from units.

If you are looking for a casual experience first it might be best to invest some tim ine the Story Mode and get more accustomed to the game. Save your Lapis for good Banner units and expand your unit/equipment slot if you havent done that already.

What units do you have so far ?

Weird..games runs just fine on my LG G2. This game should run on almost everything you can find for 100 bucks tbh.

Alright, I'll try to play more :)

My units are:
- Tilith 43
- Exdeath 40
- Gaffgarion 34
- White witch Fina or something (I don't really know her name in english) 44
- Luneth 29

I also have a bunch of 4 stars units (Clyne, Artemios, Tellah, Grenat, Vanille, Ingus, Luluka).

I try to spend my lapis on the 250 summon and expand of units/materials

Muku

Correction: every banner since Noctis banner hasn't been as good as the Noctis banner because that was one of the best banners global has gotten.

We are also getting Soleil shortly after getting another 6* Singer/Dancer style character, Ariana, for free.

If you run all 4 of them in your TMR group, you only need to get each of them to 21.25% to get one. Behold the power of parallel processing!

For me, however, the number is likely to be zero. I'll probably pull enough Wakkas on the FFX banner to make his throwing weapon TMR when I go for Tidus/Rikku, like all of our friends with 1-3 Equip H Shields from the Noctis banner.

Yeah, I know about merging after working on each other a bit each. But not really interested in that as I'll probably just be, whenever I do get Nox and the macro stuff working, just leaving that for overnights anyway. I have lived this long without most stuff.

Am tempted to do all 4 individually though. I have 2 6* capped CoD. Just wondering if worth it.

Edit: I also know I'm not going to have any luck so I keep what I can right now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom