• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

You guys think its worth it to 5*max Garnet and Rydia? I havent touched my Garnet, and my Rydia is only 4*max.

Im TRYING to level a 2nd Exdeath as well as Snow, but Ive been busy with Rain and Dangerous Ariana lol.

My Garnet is max 4*, lb level 13. Been tossing pots to her. Now I have Ace whose hungry for lb pots too, so it will take more time to lb Garnet. Eventually she shall be max 5* with maxed lb.

Broseybrose

My Garnet is max 4*, lb level 13. Been tossing pots to her. Now I have Ace whose hungry for lb pots too, so it will take more time to lb Garnet. Eventually she shall be max 5* with maxed lb.

Yeah I should be giving Garnet (and Rydia?) lb pots. So far theyve all gone to Cecil. I think I have his lb up to 15.

If your 14/157 is atrocious, then what adjective would you use for my 2/144?

Daaaammmmn. That is, something else.

14/157 = 8.91% appearance rate.

That's 48.6% more common than average for the event. That's umm.... exceptionally good?

With 157 runs, and 14 double popcorns, unless you gunning for the 70k moogle and you are only running one bonus unit, how do you not have everything of value at this point?

I'm at 10/123 and I've got 90+% of everything of reasonable value (ignoring the 70k moogle).

I'm getting the 70k moogle

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Happy Birthday Alkez - and congrats on Garnet, i have a feeling she will get quite the OP 6* version down the line. FF9 cast surely needs some more love.

linkent

Yeah, I meant the event and not the monsters. Sorry, should have made they clearer.

Sorry if i misunderstoond.
No. of monster clear = No. of success Elite run right? >.<
Assuming the lower difficulty is only run once.
then the total of event he has run = the number of boss killed + 4(difficulty).

Valentus

Happy Birthday Alkez - and congrats on Garnet, i have a feeling she will get quite the OP 6* version down the line. FF9 cast surely needs some more love.

Well, they waste the chance to have medius dual gun weild innate... gumi for sure wont give a fuck about zidane and wont give him innate dual weild.

Garnet i could see her more lb damage up and Esper-killer abilities (esper casted by garnet had +X% damage against demons, humans, fish, trees, whatever)

And kuja... Thundaja? Ultima?

I can see vivi getting a 5 star evo yes...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Having a hard time getting Parfume drops lol...any stage recommended for those ? They dont seem to drop on the 3 Energy one.

Well, they waste the chance to have medius dual gun weild innate... gumi for sure wont give a fuck about zidane and wont give him innate dual weild.

Garnet i could see her more lb damage up and Esper-killer abilities (esper casted by garnet had +X% damage against demons, humans, fish, trees, whatever)

And kuja... Thundaja? Ultima?

I can see vivi getting a 5 star evo yes...

I hope we get Garnet 6*, new Trance Zidane and Kuja - i assume they will be OP. Vivis 5* could get the Shanatoo treatment as well, i expect a very good 5*.

As f2p he is the final missing puzzle piece i need - hope i get him when his 6* version hits.

Alkez

Happy Birthday Alkez! And crongrats on that Garnet...still waiting for mine. ExviusGaf is truly an amazing place.
Happy birthday alkez!!! Have fun buddy :D
Happy birthday Alkez!
Happy B-Day Alkez!
Happy birthday and grats on pulling the current best summoner in the game. Now, only if they would hurry up and finish creating blue magic and Quina so that Garnet can get the 6* she deserves, everything will be in order.
Happy Birthday Alkez!!! This place really is great, so glad there's so many awesome people here!
Happy Birthday Alkez!!
Also Happy B-Day Akez! same birthday month brother!
Happy Birthday Alkez
Happy Birthday!!! Congrats on Garnet, she's awesome for those story missions where you need to make sure you evoke a summon. I look forward to seeing what they do with here when she gets her 6* one day.
Happy Birthday! And congrats on the Garnet. :)
Happy birthday, brother.

And ... I also pulled a Daily Garnet today. Serve your true queen.
Happy birthday dude.

Dagger is a nice catch. Should help with those summon esper missions.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Happy Birthday Alkez!
Happy Birthday, Alkez!! :)
Congrats, man! Oh, and Happy Birthday! Remember to eat cake....
Happy Birthday Alkez!
Happy Birthday Alkez!
Happy Birthday Alkez! Congrats on your Garnet present :)

Thanks everyone! Can't tell you how happy it made me reading all these messages this morning. So much GAF love haha. My sister got me the steelbook version of FF15. Even though I've watched it on youtube I'm excited to play it after the story patch/update comes out.

Valentus

New banner, Chinese New Year Event:

new_unit.png

TM: Light Armor - 52 DEF - 25% fire resist - +30% ATK if equip a fire weapon

TM: Dagger - 85 ATK - +30% Poison / Palsy

Xiao 6 star upgrade

Bosses for exploration event of chinese new year

Ken

dancer is cute

will inadvertently pull 10

the 5* TMR only hurts cause i wasnt playing at the time of chirijiraden (pls sneak in as event reward)

This week's ruleset blows. I just got completely wrecked by a 4 Noctis + Cecil team in Arena and couldn't do anything about it due to lack of DC. A single fire flask crippled my team and then I couldn't out DPS them or recover enough before getting wiped. First loss I've had in a month or more. I sense it won't be the last for the week, either. v_v

c-murph

Minerva Bustier No.3 Get! (Final one, I promise...) I exhausted all 10 Celes.

en3gxcS.png

Starting a bunch of single characters next. Deathbringer, Blackcowl, Ariana Grande.

Thanks everyone! Can't tell you how happy it made me reading all these messages this morning. So much GAF love haha. My sister got me the steelbook version of FF15. Even though I've watched it on youtube I'm excited to play it after the story patch/update comes out.

Congrats on surviving another year!

Tendo

So as the event nears its end what else should I focus on grabbing?

I got the daggers and the gun and one twinspell so far. should I try to get the cube and 3 more twinspells?

Lyrian

So as the event nears its end what else should I focus on grabbing?

I got the daggers and the gun and one twinspell so far. should I try to get the cube and 3 more twinspells?

The cube is the quiet, unexpected gem of the event gear pool.

While, of course, not high-end TM quality, it is surprisingly good as the cube provides significant defense and a minor HP boost while adding attack. It's a good substitute for a hero ring on a squishy physical attacker.

At worst, it can make your arena Cecil that much more annoying with another 5% health with 15 DEF that needs to be chipped away at, lol :)

tuffymon

While, of course, not high-end TM quality, it is surprisingly good as the cube provides significant defense and a minor HP boost while adding attack. It's a good substitute for a hero ring on a squishy physical attacker.

At worst, it can make your arena Cecil that much more annoying with another 5% health with 15 DEF that needs to be chipped away at, lol :)

I know different situations for different people, but I have my cube on my doublehand user (I ran out of dual wields), beats out that hyper wrist nicely.

Kouriozan

He's stacking Demon Killer like nuts in that, lol. Assuming he has Legend Killer at +2, then he has his final damage being multiplied by 250%. On top of that there's -70% elem resistance thanks to Seven and and the -50% defense from Tim.

Tim is pretty good? Saw it a lot lately, Dark Veritas banner looks promising.
And Victoria with her Overflow you can see in the same video is in the same banner.

EDIT: funny Xiao is getting a 6* in Global, she is ranked the worst max 5* character on Altema

nXDW2cf.png

Obviously it's not a TM ranking though.

Lyrian

I know different situations for different people, but I have my cube on my doublehand user (I ran out of dual wields), beats out that hyper wrist nicely.

That's exactly where mine went, on my Elza, who will very soon be doublehanding her shiny new lustrous Death Scythe.
And finally, I might have a unit that breaks 600 ATK, lol?

Shouta

And Victoria with her Overflow you can see in the same video is in the same banner.

Tim's a debuff focused character and has single target ones that reduce the enemies' specific stat by 50% and can reduce pairings of elemental resistances by -40%. That's all he really has though. That makes him good in specific instances. He just doesn't have enough to take a regular spot. His TM is really good for healers.

I just realized the biggest problem I have with altema this morning. That platform doesn't allow for discussion at all. I noticed it this morning when I was looking at one of the character evaluations by players and some random JP dude was trolling another for what he wrote. There's no way to specifically respond to that idiot at all if someone wanted to. That really of annoys me about the site. I'll probably stop using it because that annoys me a lot.

The rankings are pretty subjective and can be influenced by evaluations sent in. So it's kinda useless because stronger characters get ignored if no one actually rates them. In addition, most of their actual info is taken from reddit anyway, apparently. The only info that's kinda good from them is the strats for beating hard bosses. I'll stick with reddit as my database from now on since they're faster than the JPs with information and there's actual discussion that can occur.

I think I'm going to try and grab that. Sitting at 4k Phantoma at the moment. I'd like to at least get the remaining cactuars but with this bit on Unusual Artifact, and the fact that I'm having trouble getting a Heroe's Ring crafted, this may be worth it...

Tim's a debuff focused character and has single target ones that reduce the enemies' specific stat by 50% and can reduce pairings of elemental resistances by -40%. That's all he really has though. That makes him good in specific instances. He just doesn't have enough to take a regular spot. His TM is really good for healers.

I just realized the biggest problem I have with altema this morning. That platform doesn't allow for discussion at all. I noticed it this morning when I was looking at one of the character evaluations by players and some random JP dude was trolling another for what he wrote. There's no way to specifically respond to that idiot at all if someone wanted to. That kind of annoys me about the site.

I'll probably stop using it because that annoys me a lot. The rankings are pretty subjective and can be influenced by evaluations sent in. In addition, most of their actual info is taken from reddit anyway, apparently. The only info that's kinda good from them is the strats for beating hard bosses. I'll stick with reddit as my database from now on since they're faster than the JPs with information and there's actual discussion that can occur.

Shouta, question for you - do you know of any good English resources in the FFBE subreddit (or wikis) for navigating/keeping up-to-date on what's going on in the JP version? Or is there nothing like that out there really?

Shouta

Shouta, question for you - do you know of any good English resources in the FFBE subreddit (or wikis) for navigating/keeping up-to-date on what's going on in the JP version? Or is there nothing like that out there really?

r/FFBE always posts the the info from JP updates. They do it before the JPs can update in fact and so the JPs get their info from reddit is what I'm seeing. You just have to find them in the seas of complaints about GL, lol.

For example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5p25eb/jp_maintenance_info_120/ - Imperial SaGa info
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5kogu6/jp_maintenance_info_1228/ - Kingsglaive info

r/FFBE always posts the the info from JP updates. They do it before the JPs can update in fact and so the JPs get their info from reddit is what I'm seeing. You just have to find them in the seas of complaints about GL, lol.

For example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5p25eb/jp_maintenance_info_120/ - Imperial SaGa info
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5kogu6/jp_maintenance_info_1228/ - Kingsglaive info

Perfect, thank you. I don't browse there often enough I guess; or rather, search through it extensively, haha. Right now I'm just trying to make sense of all the new characters so I can move forward with one of the accounts I rolled.

Lyrian

I think I'm going to try and grab that. Sitting at 4k Phantoma at the moment. I'd like to at least get the remaining cactuars but with this bit on Unusual Artifact, and the fact that I'm having trouble getting a Heroe's Ring crafted, this may be worth it...

The Artifact will be forever gone after Thursday. There will always be more cactaurs to farm in the future.

In regard to Hero's Rings, they become easier to obtain the farther one advances in Story Mode. Fire and Ice Megacrysts drop rather commonly in Zoldaad explorations in the current forefront of story mode. That said, for newer players, reaching the end of Story Mode, let alone having a team capable of clearing them easily, can be a daunting challenge.

That said, the Artifact does offer key defensive benefits that the Hero's Ring does not. On a top-tier 6* unit, the Hero's Ring might offer two or three more ATK, but the extra 15 DEF and 5% health on a unit from the Artifact is a good tradeoff to make the equipped unit a fair bit less squishy.

Kouriozan

In addition, most of their actual info is taken from reddit anyway, apparently. The only info that's kinda good from them is the strats for beating hard bosses. I'll stick with reddit as my database from now on since they're faster than the JPs with information and there's actual discussion that can occur.

I agree Nazta and his friend does a good job updating the JP infos, really appreciate it.
Thanks for the Tim info.

Shouta

Perfect, thank you. I don't browse there often enough I guess; or rather, search through it extensively, haha. Right now I'm just trying to make sense of all the new characters so I can move forward with one of the accounts I rolled.

Feel free to ask if you have some questions about characters. I'm active with JP so I know what's going on with the meta and characters.

I'm actually considering making my own tier list for JP using google docs or something. It'd be a fun exercise and it could provide some information that isn't influenced by massive whales, lol.

I agree Nazta and his friend does a good job updating the JP infos, really appreciate it.
Thanks for the Tim info.

I think Nazta does all of the formatting and posting while Dan does the datamining but yeah, it's really appreciated.

tuffymon

EDIT: funny Xiao is getting a 6* in Global, she is ranked the worst max 5* character on Altema

nXDW2cf.png

Obviously it's not a TM ranking though.

So after seeing what they did to Medius and Cerius, I can't imagine it'll be super amazing or anything... but to be behind some of those others by 5 points... ouch ><;

Shouta

So after seeing what they did to Medius and Cerius, I can't imagine it'll be super amazing or anything... but to be behind some of those others by 5 points... ouch ><;

Xiao is garbage. She was bad when she came out too. lol The game was so new at the time no one realized it though. She gets nothing good for attacks and she gets an attack boost for being unarmed even though her TM is a pair of knuckles...

They made another Xiao recently, though less facepalm worthy, in Gouken.

mstevens

The Artifact will be forever gone after Thursday. There will always be more cactaurs to farm in the future.

In regard to Hero's Rings, they become easier to obtain the farther one advances in Story Mode. Fire and Ice Megacrysts drop rather commonly in Zoldaad explorations in the current forefront of story mode. That said, for newer players, reaching the end of Story Mode, let alone having a team capable of clearing them easily, can be a daunting challenge.

That said, the Artifact does offer key defensive benefits that the Hero's Ring does not. On a top-tier 6* unit, the Hero's Ring might offer two or three more ATK, but the extra 15 DEF and 5% health on a unit from the Artifact is a good tradeoff to make the equipped unit a fair bit less squishy.

Wasn't planning on buying it, but I will now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom