• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

To me, personal opinion, a unit is not finished until you finish potting all the relevant stats of a unit.

Unless you indeed full MP,DEF & HP your rain, so then, congratz! xD

It's finished if there isn't any plans to go back and actually pot them :)

Global isn't anywhere near the power creep levels yet needed to warrant pots dropping like candy so that there is enough of a surplus to afford feeding story units pots. (I'm still refusing to give Cecil ATK pots.)

And since we are discussing First World Problems, lol...

TFW you realize that 2x Growth Egg ADV XP Vortex is more efficient than running Cactuar Dunes and is always available on-demand (unlike Dunes). I think something slightly died inside of me realizing that.

Oh, and nice work on the ranking list on the Playbook. Very clean and easy to read. Kudos for that.

Valentus

It's finished if there isn't any plans to go back and actually pot them :)

Global isn't anywhere near the power creep levels yet needed to warrant pots dropping like candy so that there is enough of a surplus to afford feeding story units pots. (I'm still refusing to give Cecil ATK pots.)

And since we are discussing First World Problems, lol...

TFW you realize that 2x Growth Egg ADV XP Vortex is more efficient than running Cactuar Dunes and is always available on-demand (unlike Dunes). I think something slightly died inside of me realizing that.

Oh, and nice work on the ranking list on the Playbook. Very clean and easy to read. Kudos for that.

Yeah, 2 eggs is like getting 2 metal gigantuars guaranteed in ADV.

And when FFZ part 2 comes, there will be the EXP materia (50% too),

So 2 eggs and 4 materias will be +300% exp, so running ADV will be like getting 4 gigantuars each run.

EDarkness

Nice! I look forward to seeing you (and hopefully others) there when it launches. :)

Heh, I'll be there, too. Can't wait.

I have a little question. I recently got another Zidane and I'm wondering if I should sell the first one since I already have his TMR? I don't see a point in having that one since he's only level 5 (3*) and I have his TMR already. Before I did it, I figured I'd see what people thought since I'm not sure if it's the right way to go. I have another, so I'm not worried about losing the unit. Oh, but what happens if I feed the old one with a maxed TMR to the new one?

Lyrian

Yeah, 2 eggs is like getting 2 metal gigantuars guaranteed in ADV.

And when FFZ part 2 comes, there will be the EXP materia (50% too),

So 2 eggs and 4 materias will be +300% exp, so running ADV will be like getting 4 gigantuars each run.

I'm not going to hold my breath on pulling 4 Nines during that banner. If I get even 1 without needing an 11-pull knowing my luck, I'll do a happy dance. But yeah, that's insane.

400% XP would make explorations like Timber Tracks yield a quarter million XP per run.

At least, I wouldn't be able to say that I couldn't level up every new 6* unit on demand in very short order.

Lyrian

Heh, I'll be there, too. Can't wait.

I have a little question. I recently got another Zidane and I'm wondering if I should sell the first one since I already have his TMR? I don't see a point in having that one since he's only level 5 (3*) and I have his TMR already. Before I did it, I figured I'd see what people thought since I'm not sure if it's the right way to go. I have another, so I'm not worried about losing the unit. Oh, but what happens if I feed the old one with a maxed TMR to the new one?

Should be safe to sell.

Feeding a mastered unit to another of the same type does nothing (no +5% TM).

Zidane isn't a good unit at all, and there are still no signs on the horizon for him to get a 6* upgrade yet. I think it should be okay as long as you keep one copy for the future, just in case something insane somehow does happen to him, like a Global Exclusive Awakening that doesn't suck (which you are planning to do anyways).

Celegus

After that firion video I decided that I wanted a seven. Did a few ticket pulls and got her. Also got another rainbow! That's 2 in 3 days. 1 on a daily and 1 on a ticket. It was hope. He sucks, but I didn't really want another Ace.

Wasted all my luck in this banner I guess :/

Hmmm is she really worth it if I plan on using Firion? Is it mostly for her elemental debuff?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If we were to get the Thunder God in 1-2 weeks...what would be the perfect equipment setup for him ?

Lyrian

Alright I only need 5* Ariana for the lapis right? I can go back to TMs finally? Lol

Yes.

Is it mostly for her elemental debuff?

Yes, as well. Seven's primary role is that of an enhancer. She isn't meant to do significant damage. However, she shines in making other party members do ludicrous amounts of damage. It's all about Elementalash with her. Adding 70% weakness to anything (when has anyone ever seen Imperil blocked?) is no joke.

I need to start farming my Growth Egg TM's but ugh at them not helping with fusing Cactuars. I can't stand leveling by explorations so I just take the route with Cactuars. However if the ADV vortex with 2 eggs is worth 2 Gigantaurs that changes things. So many TM's to farm.

Xion86

Okay got everything I wanted from the Mog Shop apart from the 70k Trust Moogle which I'm going to go for, the road to 70k begins! I just won't be doing any refreshes. Will continue to TM farm at night.

Daily Pulls have bee pretty rubbish lately, can't remember what my last gold was. Cyan today.

cLOUDo

Because player buffs + physical defense debuffs + elemental defense debuffs + killer abilities + max elemental chains with same-element spells/weapons **all** stack on top of each other to create a massive damage multiplier.

Finish off the chain (or at least once the elemental chain multiplier is maxed out) with a very strong single hit ST attack and the result is the insane damage that you see in the video.

Coming SOON to Global.

I don't understand nothing that you says but sounds amazing

cw_sasuke

right now?

Exc
Sakura
B cowl
B suit
genji
infernal armlet
PoC
B Mastery
Lunge combo
Lunge combo

Thanks. So unless you pulled Demon Rain and Fencer when they were featured you cant have the "perfect" Orlando build. Can you still pull Karl right now ? SoD is a good substitute for Lunge Combo. If you dont have Demon Rain...i guess Gaffarions Bracer would be the next best ?
Excalibur
Miyuki's TM
Blade mastery
Genji glove
Power of Creation
Seal of Destruction x 2
Bracer
Brave suit
Black Cowl

beaten. His is better lol.

You lineup is pretty much what i had in mind...i thought Karls TM would be superior because of the HP boost.
Otherwise its the same for the most part - Demon Rain and Fencer cant be pulled right now anyway.

Lyrian

I need to start farming my Growth Egg TM's but ugh at them not helping with fusing Cactuars. I can't stand leveling by explorations so I just take the route with Cactuars. However if the ADV vortex with 2 eggs is worth 2 Gigantaurs that changes things. So many TM's to farm.

I believe the general consensus is that the L/T average for Dunes is ~50k Unit XP / 15 EN.

ADV XP Vortex equals ~ 31k Unit XP (x2) = 62k Unit XP / 15 EN.

It is possible for Dunes to beat 2x ADV Vortex, but that requires a run of (2 Giants + a normal cactuar) or (3 Giants). Both of which are rather uncommon occurrences. In contrast, the 62k unit xp from 2x ADV is a guarantee +/- a couple hundred XP.

The consistency of 2x ADV XP Vortex handily beats out Dunes in the long-run. Especially, once the multiplier goes beyond 2 with Nine's TM from the FFZ-2 collab.

At least, until Dunes PRO is released on Global.

Daily zidane!

So I currently have dual weild and genjo glove but I could farm 2 more DW and one more GG

hmmm

I might put those on the back burner for now though. Really want to burn through my dupes for all the equipment

Celegus

Yes, as well. Seven's primary role is that of an enhancer. She isn't meant to do significant damage. However, she shines in making other party members do ludicrous amounts of damage. It's all about Elementalash with her. Adding 70% weakness to anything (when has anyone ever seen Imperil blocked?) is no joke.

Hrmmm that does sound pretty good. Makes my 4* Russell and Alma this banner that much crappier. Aaaaaand daily Clyne. Not having great luck lately.

Yeah but Seven CAN contribute to dishing out some damage

Her attacks have good modifiers but yeah... you do have to invest some serious materia and gear to push her DPS up and most of that gear would be better suited for actual DPS characters

Having a 50% paralze, a strong SPR debuff and elementalash is nice

I think its nice to have a support character that doesnt just have to stand around and do nothing after she uses her best moves

I do want to see just how far her damage can be pushed though

Alkez

Happy birthday Alkez!
Happy 26th and congrats on the Dagger pull, Alkez! ^__^
Happy birthday alkez
Happy bday Alkez!
Congrats on surviving another year!
Happy birthday, Alkez!!

Thanks everyone. Had a great birthday. Spent the weekend with my family. I forgot to update BE on the phone that has the sim in it though so my nrg has been at full all day today :(.

So, Muku, Hippo, Squall, anyone else I've discussed football with over the last few weeks, thoughts on today's matchups?

I know Muku is a Steeler's supporter but there's no denying today is going to be tough. However New England didn't play great last week and you can never count out BB so there's potential for an upset here. I do expect Pats to win though.

Packers Falcons should be interesting. Chances are it will be a shootout. Ryan is infamous for choking in big moments and Rodgers has been playing lights out, so if they go toe to toe I think the Packers can take it.

cw_sasuke

Yes.

At first i was kinda regretting max leveling 7 but seeing her full potential down the line...probably could have been been worse.

Got quite lucky and pulled like 3 Seven in 6-7 pulls. Just bought a second Insult to Injury because why not.

EDarkness

Thanks everyone. Had a great birthday. Spent the weekend with my family. I forgot to update BE on the phone that has the sim in it though so my nrg has been at full all day today :(.

So, Muku, Hippo, Squall, anyone else I've discussed football with over the last few weeks, thoughts on today's matchups?

I know Muku is a Steeler's supporter but there's no denying today is going to be tough. However New England didn't play great last week and you can never count out BB so there's potential for an upset here. I do expect Pats to win though.

Packers Falcons should be interesting. Chances are it will be a shootout. Ryan is infamous for choking in big moments and Rodgers has been playing lights out, so if they go toe to toe I think the Packers can take it.

I think the Steelers will have their hands full since they generally tend to have trouble beating the Pats in recent years. They should have beaten them the last time they met, but it'll be even harder with the Pats being at home and recent history being against them. I don't want to see them lose since their my team, but I have to be realistic about their chances. That said, if they win, then I'm going to buy a new pair of Steelers sweat pants. I'm rooting for them in any case.

The Packers/ Falcons game is gonna be a shootout, I think. Can't deny that Rodgers is hot right now and I feel like he's gonna get it done against the Falcons. It just seems like his year to take the team all the way. It'll be a good game, though.

Should be safe to sell.

Feeding a mastered unit to another of the same type does nothing (no +5% TM).

Zidane isn't a good unit at all, and there are still no signs on the horizon for him to get a 6* upgrade yet. I think it should be okay as long as you keep one copy for the future, just in case something insane somehow does happen to him, like a Global Exclusive Awakening that doesn't suck (which you are planning to do anyways).

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what would happen if I did that. I guess he's going to the curb and I'll be working on my next Dual Wield for Noctis.

Had 3 freaking Doublicorn today, 2 of them back to back! Went through some Lapis reviving unfortunately.

I also pulled Jack today with my daily. I'm sure this has been said over andnover but are the type-0 abilities per character worth it at all? I'm sitting at 10087 phantoma and considering going for the 30k moogle. However, I don't want to miss out on exclusive gear that will be gone forever after this!

Man I should have started Arena sooner, it's amazing for pots. Noctis has maxed ATK and should be close to maxing MP with him also working on MAG. Refia maxed SPR, MP and I think HP (will have to verify that one) and is working on DEF. WoL maxed on DEF and should be close to finishing SPR. ExDeath maxed on MAG and I decided to use the Burst pots on him since it's a great LB and I use it pretty often. I just got Cecil to 5* though so I might go back to using them on him soon, we'll see.

I figure I should max Noctis with pretty much every type of pot besides Burst but am prioritizing giving certain stats that thrive with that stat the most, first. I really liked what CCIE did with her Refia so am basically falling in her footsteps with maxing DEF and HP on her (SPR and MP was always a given). ExDeath only needs MAG and MP as high priorities and WoL the three tank stats. That just leaves CoD that hasn't had pot love and she's the most likely to get replaced by another top DPS unit so not using any on her for now. I have a number of ATK pots I'm hoarding for when that next DPS is decided. It could be Chorizo when she hits max level or I could hold off for the next beast, we'll see. CoD is so useful that I don't feel a burning need to get Chorizo in there.

Also, I say again, what crappy timing for Dunes and now Maze too! I'm going to have to completely ignore both to milk Academia as much as I can. I hate this damn bonus mechanic, I'm not going to be able to get all I want :|

Glad you had a great birthday :)

Absolutely the game on now should become a shoot out unless Matty Ice chokes. Packers are pretty depleted by injuries but I trust Rodgers much more than I do Ryan, especially at this stage. You have to imagine Ryan is incredibly hungry and focused for this game though as he's never made it to the big dance. Should be a fun game. I'll give Packers the edge to pull through.

It was so predictable it would be Patriots and Steelers before the season began. I kind of felt that the Steelers have a better chance of beating NE than an NFC team but the Foxborough element might say otherwise. The Steelers have the weapons to do it if everyone is on their A game but in Foxborough, I give Pats the edge. With the Pats, it always comes down to how well their defense plays for them to make it over the hump and I don't think it's quite as good as the last time they made it to the SB but they are probably still the most balanced of the remaining teams and that's why I figure them a favorite to go all the way. I however, prefer that not be the case ;p Ben, Brown, and Bell...do work!

I feel the Pats will take their game and the current one I thought before it started that the Falcons have far too much firepower for the Packers to stop at this point. If Rodgers gets hot then I can see a shootout but the Falcons just look flat out better right now.

Lyrian

I also pulled Jack today with my daily. I'm sure this has been said over andnover but are the type-0 abilities per character worth it at all? I'm sitting at 10087 phantoma and considering going for the 30k moogle. However, I don't want to miss out on exclusive gear that will be gone forever after this!

Seven and Ace, maybe.

Jack and Trey... good for starting out, not really useful in the long term. They are powerful stat boosters for sure in the short-term. However, this likely means that they will never receive 6* upgrades (because stacking those on a 6* form is end-game TM-tier good), which means that eventually Jack and Trey are pretty much guaranteed to be benched for someone better down the road.

Yeah Falcons came to play but Football is often a tale of two halves. Can't count an elite QB out. That said, if ATL offense keeps rolling like this, going to be tough to beat them. Turn overs will have an even larger impact than usual in this game I think and I believe I may have pissed Ryan off with the dis haha

Alkez

Well, I didn't see this coming. I feel like the score is deceiving though. If Packers hadn't missed the field goal and fumbled it could easily be 17-10 now instead of 17-0.

Turn overs will have an even larger impact than usual in this game I think and I believe I may have pissed Ryan off with the dis haha

LOL

SeanTSC

Feeling like they're going to wreck GB like they did to Seattle, but even more so. Don't really care who wins now that the Seahawks are out though. ><

Hopefully I can get Maxwell's TM finished tonight. Last major item for my Noctis atm. Still have a Hayate Helm and a 2nd Gaffgarion Bracer to finish up for him, but those aren't exactly major. Hopefully I get a Ramza or something someday to get him a decent chestpiece and some 4th materia TM to replace the 10% atk (a Genji glove would be nice too ><).

Alkez

I would like to think it's over and stop watching, but then they showed 2012 so who knows what will happen in the second half. I'll keep watching while I arena/manually TM farm (close to a rank up).

robotuw

And done with the FF0 event. Got the cube, dagger, 7's materia, twinspells, megacite, sq, screamroot, cheap 6* materials, tickets, cactuars, and sc. Gonna skip getting the moogles and the crappy gun and just TM farm today.

The maze is tomorrow, which I'll probably use to max Rain but other than that I'm hoping I can TM farm most of this week. I've got 5 medius' so I'm thinking about finally going for a couple growth eggs. My regular team is strong enough I can afford to bench the next normal set of TM's (Ramza,DKC,Celes 2x,Garnet) for a while.

Seven and Ace, maybe.

Jack and Trey... good for starting out, not really useful in the long term. They are powerful stat boosters for sure in the short-term. However, this likely means that they will never receive 6* upgrades (because stacking those on a 6* form is end-game TM-tier good), which means that eventually Jack and Trey are pretty much guaranteed to be benched for someone better down the road.

As I thought - would you say Twinspells and Speed Plus are worth it?

Maybe I should just focus on getting all the megacites, and any 6* mats. Maybe finish off with the tickets depending on the progress I can make.

Kouriozan

I'm almost back to 10k Lapis and have 36 tickets, this month was amazing to start the lapis stack anew.
Don't plan to pull for a long time and will only do daily on Orlandu, I'll probably just aim for amazing 4* going forward like Ashe/Setzer/Rikku and good TMs.

Skii

Finally managed to get my Refia to 6 star! Curaja is so good lol.

What's the best method for farming Ariana's awakening stuff? I need perfume but it feels like it has a low drop rate on the easier difficulties.

Kouriozan

Finally managed to get my Refia to 6 star! Curaja is so good lol.

What's the best method for farming Ariana's awakening stuff? I need perfume but it feels like it has a low drop rate on the easier difficulties.

The first stage is the way to go, all 3 waves are Bombs unlike the other ones.
Drop rate is the same for all difficulties.

Nikokuno

Nox emulator always saying there no update / I already have the last version when it's 3.0 already (mine was 2.7).

Back to TM farming :
Jidane x 2
Arc
DKC
Gaffgarion

Done :
MAG +30%

Next one will be Cecil for Excalibur sure.

Akademia farming is boring even with my 2 x 3* Type-0 unit but it's better than nothing. I'm always afraid to put an Ace companion because of Doublicorn, I don't have an OP Exdeath yet and my physical attacker, Chizuru, is only at 410, so it sucks. But I reached the 30k milestone, get the Trust Moogle, some tickets, some Espère cryst, I'll try to get as much as material I can before the event end.

Arena is such a bloodiest, running against 2 or 3 5* base unit is something. Especially when you lose the initiative 4 time in a row...

I hope the next event will be more entertaining.

Muku

Left earlier today and hung out with a friend. Got my gyoza and ramen fix along with melon soda... so despite missing this earlier, I regret nothing!

Problem with Steeler's is that you're never sure which Steelers team is showing up. :/ I didn't care if GB or Falcs won, but I see Falcons royally drug GB through the mud once I got home.

My concern is playing in NE. Foxborough blows for visiting teams. And if it's the flakey Steelers on the field, we're doomed. I see the score as I got home.. and it's still doable.. but we'll see how it goes. Kind of wish Pats / Steelers game was the first game so I could have missed it while I was out with my friend today. Now that I'm home I'm going to be watching the score and worrying myself to death. Ffffff.

Celegus

As someone that doesn't follow football in the least but lives in Pittsburgh... I don't mind if the Steelers lose. Things get a little crazy here when they win and I can definitely do without that. Ain't nobody got time for that football stuff when there's esports on (Heroes of the Storm season started this weekend <3 <3 <3)

Muku

As someone that doesn't follow football in the least but lives in Pittsburgh... I don't mind if the Steelers lose. Things get a little crazy here when they win and I can definitely do without that. Ain't nobody got time for that football stuff when there's esports on (Heroes of the Storm season started this weekend <3 <3 <3)

Thats kind of why I'm glad Seahawks lost last week. XD That and their fans annoy the piss out of me. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom