• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to ask if you have some questions about characters. I'm active with JP so I know what's going on with the meta and characters.

I'm actually considering making my own tier list for JP using google docs or something. It'd be a fun exercise and it could provide some information that isn't influenced by massive whales, lol.

I think Nazta does all of the formatting and posting while Dan does the datamining but yeah, it's really appreciated.

I'd love that, personally. I will take it to PM, but I'd like your opinion on what I rolled for each account.

For example, I rolled 2 Ayakas on one, so that may be the best account to move forward with according to Altema's rankings.

But I may have some on others that are good too. On my actual phone I just pulled WOL for the daily; Glauca (?) from Kingsglaive was one unit I pulled that I don't think I saw on Altema.

Anyway, appreciate the help. It really feels like a brand new game on JP.
The Artifact will be forever gone after Thursday. There will always be more cactaurs to farm in the future.

In regard to Hero's Rings, they become easier to obtain the farther one advances in Story Mode. Fire and Ice Megacrysts drop rather commonly in Zoldaad explorations in the current forefront of story mode. That said, for newer players, reaching the end of Story Mode, let alone having a team capable of clearing them easily, can be a daunting challenge.

That said, the Artifact does offer key defensive benefits that the Hero's Ring does not. On a top-tier 6* unit, the Hero's Ring might offer two or three more ATK, but the extra 15 DEF and 5% health on a unit from the Artifact is a good tradeoff to make the equipped unit a fair bit less squishy.

You make some great points. I will work towards that artifact. I already missed a bunch of gear from past events that are gone forever so I want to be better about getting the useful stuff. Plus I have the majority of my top units max'd anyway.

Celegus

Only had one doublicorn in my first 110 runs... and then 4 in the last 15. Wow. Skipped the 70k moogle and grabbed everything I wanted with 10k left over for cactuars, hoping Firion will get 6* before the exchange period is over.

Valentus

What about the Gun? Is that worth getting? Seemed kinda useless, but IDK if it has any hidden bonuses.

The candy gun of chrismas raid was better. I dont see any utility of it, but, i can be wrong... Only get it if you have extra currency and time to farm a little more to get it.

The candy gun of chrismas raid was better. I dont see any utility of it, but, i can be wrong... Only get it if you have extra currency and time to farm a little more to get it.
That's what I figured, but I thought I was missing something.

I have multiple Mustadio (one at 20%, second at 17%, third at 20.2%, fourth at 18.7% and two more at 0%), so eventually I'll have two TM Pistols. Unless there is something unique, I have no need for more guns so I'll likely skip this one.

Broseybrose

Just fought 2 Doublicorns in a row on ELT and won! Both times had Ace as my Friend Unit, and had my Trey and Jack as always.

Mirage/Provoke worked perfectly. I like how its not 100% guaranteed to work though. Feels less cheesy that way.

Just fought 2 Doublicorns in a row on ELT and won! Both times had Ace as my Friend Unit, and had my Trey and Jack as always.

Mirage/Provoke worked perfectly. I like how its not 100% guaranteed to work though. Feels less cheesy that way.

double the dooblies???!!?!

man id love to have this happen to me lol

Lyrian

You make some great points. I will work towards that artifact. I already missed a bunch of gear from past events that are gone forever so I want to be better about getting the useful stuff. Plus I have the majority of my top units max'd anyway.

That's the game's business model. Any type of gear offered in an event is always "now or never" in terms of availability. TM gear will always be better, but event gear has a nice way of plugging (albeit random) holes in a unit's set of equipment until better upgrades can be found. And, of course, there is always the random piece of event gear every now and then that has yet to be duplicated anywhere else (like the Stellar Shield).

That's what I figured, but I thought I was missing something.

I have multiple Mustadio (one at 20%, second at 17%, third at 20.2%, fourth at 18.7% and two more at 0%), so eventually I'll have two TM Pistols. Unless there is something unique, I have no need for more guns so I'll likely skip this one.

I'm stumped on the gun as well in terms of what role it's supposed to play. I'd agree with Valentus to pick it up once you have everything else of better value first.

Xion86

yeah im trying to figure out how much i need still but i have lots of time

Forgot we have until the 27th, plenty of time, I get around 900ish per run anyway so I might as well go for it. I forgot the new story parts are out too, will probably do that after then go back to TM farming.

Wow very lucky!! Bet you had a smile when you saw the rewards each time the round ended :D.

On a side note, I noticed the lapis prices for iOS have gone up and can't remember when that even happened! Cheaper on my Android device and on the Amazon app too. Wonder what caused that to happen.

chrono01

Finally got the last of the materials to evolve Ariana. I'm done with that dungeon, and definitely done with that song. It's been stuck in my head for the last few days.

That dungeon? Never gonna touch it...TOUCH IT...again.

Lyrian

Finally got the last of the materials to evolve Ariana. I'm done with that dungeon, and definitely done with that song. It's been stuck in my head for the last few days.

That dungeon? Never gonna touch it...TOUCH IT...again.

Oh, yeah? Went to the local mall today, and welp... yeah.

Well apparently, THIS is a thing now.

Enough internet for today, yet?

With this round of TM farming done, I think my Noctis is complete.

Right now, I don't know if I can get higher than 893 ATK/408 MAG.

Hopefully this can help folks for a while. I have 3 slots open. 344,017,137. Please have GAF in your message!

Shouta

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
So I tried sorting these to show all my characters. These are what I've pulled on each of the accounts. I am familiar with many of them via GL, of course, so just want to know your thoughts on the JP exclusive ones.

Also, what are the silver-starred Moogles that I was getting when I pulled this past week? They look different than TM charms but I can't figure out how to use them.

Thanks again for helping out, much appreciated!

Account 1:
http://i.imgur.com/VEQVOUj.jpg
Account 2:
http://i.imgur.com/xUeN67L.jpg

Account 3:
http://i.imgur.com/ubqFDEK.jpg

Account 4:
http://i.imgur.com/QXRSwUn.png

Silver Star moogles are moogles for specific characters. It will say which TM it represents when you check it and if you fuse it into that character, they get 5% just like a Blue Star moogle or a dupe of the character.

Account 1 - Notable - Aura, Seven, Shine, Meliadoul, Victoria

This isn't a very good set of chars overall. It lacks a primary healer and primary tank. Most of the DPS aren't the heavy hitters either. Seven and Meliadoul are decent support though but it takes a lot of work to ability enhance Seven. The one nice thing is the 10% Trust Moogle you got from summoning.

Account 2 - Notable - Ayaka, Gouken, Victoria, Refia

Ayaka is the top-tier healer now. Great pull. Gouken is a good starter character because he gets a lot of power while unarmed and doesn't require a lot of TMs to get started. However, he's not as good in the long run because his power goes down if you try for element chains. Victoria is a decent black mage but she's mostly focused in Fire and Dark spells. She gets Firaja (Tier 4) like Shanttoto but way better stats. Refia is always nice but Ayaka should replace her. Considering you have two Ayakas, you don't even need her as a sub-healer lol.

No tank and no major DPS makes this one rough.

Account 3 - Notable - Snow, Blanc, Sylvia, Harid, Abel, Charlotte

Viable tanks here with Snow and Charlotte. DPS are 2nd tier but are passable enough. Blanc is probably the most standard DPS of the 3. Sylvia is hybrid which is a little rough while Harid uses the SaGa Inspiration system which makes him difficult to use for shorter fights.

Abel is strictly notable for the TM. The Cowboy Knife is a 82 DMG that gives the same effect as Dual-Wield when you equip it to someone. Not as good as Genji Glove or the DW materia itself but a very solid option.

Account 4: Notable - Warrior of Light, Glauca, Snow, Soleil, Luka, Werei

This one is probably the most well-rounded pull but still a bit lacking. WoL and Snow both usable tanks though WoL should probably be the default. Glauca and Werei are 2nd-tier Great Sword wielders that can work but won't be providing you crazy firepower. Soleil post ability enhancement can provide up to 120% of 1 stat for 1 turn. Luka after ability enhancements is a very steady and stable healer even without Dualcast. Regenerate + Priestess/Shrine Maiden's miracle covers a lot of healing and status recovery in one turn

If I had to choose, I'd go with account 2 or account 4. Account 2 will ensure that you won't need another healer for quite awhile however, you'll need to pull to fill out your team for the long term.. Account 4 has options for a decent team right away but they'll get outclassed sooner than later which means pulling eventually though you don't need to worry for at least a little bit.

Valentus

I updated the gaf Playbook with Rain and Dangerous Ariana 6star rating:

Link to the playbook

Link to the criteria of the ranking

RAIN

Weapons: Dagger, Sword, G.Sword, Hammer, Mace
Gear: L.Shield, H.Shield, Hat, Helmet, Clothes, L.Armor, H.Armor
Job in a party: Party Buff, Enemy debuff

Stats to prioritize to Pot: HP, MP, DEF
Stats to ignore to pot: ATK, MAG, SPR

Pros:

+ Full Break
+ Full buff to all party (+40%) that last longer than Tilith's (3 turns vs 2 turns) and dont lock you to do nothing for 3 turns (Ramza song)
+ 60% counter
+ Faster LB fill rate
+ Innate Firaga and Stonga for elemental chaining

Cons:

- MP pool extremely poor. Makes hard keep leadership active all turns
- Low ATK and HP, making it difficult to be a consistent damage dealer or tank
- Low % modifier on damage skills, along with low ATK making it more difficult to be a damage dealer
- Average/Low limit break, that only gets some use because his Fast LB fillrate

HP : 3684 - C
MP : 201 - D
ATK : 145 - C
DEF : 144 - B
MAG: 141 - C
SPR : 134 - D
Damage Skills: D
Support Skills: D
Stat Buff: S
Stat Debuff: S
Limit Break: B

OVERALL RATING: B

DANGEROUS ARIANA

Weapons: Rod, Staff, Musical Instrument
Gear: L.Shield, Hat, Clothes, Robe
Job in a party: Magic Damage, Stat Buff

Stats to prioritize to Pot: HP, MP, DEF, MAG, SPR
Stats to ignore to pot: ATK

PROS:

+ Can equip Rods and Shields, something only krile and exdeath can do (black magic users)
+ Biggest buff to ATK and MAG in the game right now (non LB)
+ Highest innate MAG of all 6 star users
+ Big MP pool, making her more consistent
+ Innate Resistance to Petrify
+ Thundaga and Bioga innate for magic damage and element chaining
+ Innate Osmose, what makes her more auto-sustentable
+ Good LB, with some elemental bypass debuff

CONS:

- Lack of more Black Magic Spells
- Lowest HP pool of all 6 stars in global
- Lack of innate dualcast or W-Magic
- Buffs locks her for 3 turns to do nothing
- Low DEF, making her more fragile to attacks

HP : 3240 - E
MP : 250 - S
ATK : 127 - D
DEF : 125 - D
MAG: 185 - SS
SPR : 166 - A
Damage Skills: A
Support Skills: D
Stat Buff: A
Stat Debuff: D
Limit Break: A

OVERALL RATING: A

Silver Star moogles are moogles for specific characters. It will say which TM it represents when you check it and if you fuse it into that character, they get 5% just like a Blue Star moogle or a dupe of the character.

Account 1 - Notable - Aura, Seven, Shine, Meliadoul, Victoria

This isn't a very good set of chars overall. It lacks a primary healer and primary tank. Most of the DPS aren't the heavy hitters either. Seven and Meliadoul are decent support though but it takes a lot of work to ability enhance Seven. The one nice thing is the 10% Trust Moogle you got from summoning.

Account 2 - Notable - Ayaka, Gouken, Victoria, Refia

Ayaka is the top-tier healer now. Great pull. Gouken is a good starter character because he gets a lot of power while unarmed and doesn't require a lot of TMs to get started. However, he's not as good in the long run because his power goes down if you try for element chains. Victoria is a decent black mage but she's mostly focused in Fire and Dark spells. She gets Firaja (Tier 4) like Shanttoto but way better stats. Refia is always nice but Ayaka should replace her. Considering you have two Ayakas, you don't even need her as a sub-healer lol.

No tank and no major DPS makes this one rough.

Account 3 - Notable - Snow, Blanc, Sylvia, Harid, Abel, Charlotte

Viable tanks here with Snow and Charlotte. DPS are 2nd tier but are passable enough. Blanc is probably the most standard DPS of the 3. Sylvia is hybrid which is a little rough while Harid uses the SaGa Inspiration system which makes him difficult to use for shorter fights.

Abel is strictly notable for the TM. The Cowboy Knife is a 82 DMG that gives the same effect as Dual-Wield when you equip it to someone. Not as good as Genji Glove or the DW materia itself but a very solid option.

Account 4: Notable - Warrior of Light, Glauca, Snow, Soleil, Luka, Werei

This one is probably the most well-rounded pull but still a bit lacking. WoL and Snow both usable tanks though WoL should probably be the default. Glauca and Werei are 2nd-tier Great Sword wielders that can work but won't be providing you crazy firepower. Soleil post ability enhancement can provide up to 120% of 1 stat for 1 turn. Luka after ability enhancements is a very steady and stable healer even without Dualcast. Regenerate + Priestess/Shrine Maiden's miracle covers a lot of healing and status recovery in one turn

If I had to choose, I'd go with account 2 or account 4. Account 2 will ensure that you won't need another healer for quite awhile however, you'll need to pull to fill out your team for the long term.. Account 4 has options for a decent team right away but they'll get outclassed sooner than later which means pulling eventually though you don't need to worry for at least a little bit.

This is awesome, really appreciate you taking the time to write up your thoughts. Now to decide which one to stick with! Maybe I'll split time between the 2 for now and see where daily pulls take me.

Dangerous Nachos BellGrande:

BellGrande.jpg

c-murph

Did a late daily pull because I wanted to.

dn5IBGa.png

Not disappointed. Got my second Snow. Yes! Second Champion Belt to Farm. So Firion likes to wear Dual Wielding Kaiser Knuckles with two Champion Belts? Now all I need is Firion...

Muku

dn5IBGa.png

Not disappointed. Got my second Snow. Yes! Second Champion Belt to Farm. So Firion likes to wear Dual Wielding Kaiser Knuckles with two Champion Belts? Now all I need is Firion...

Nice!! Congrats! :O

I'm still missing him. :(

c-murph

Nice!! Congrats! :O

I'm still missing him. :(

Thanks! I pulled quite a bit on the Banner. Not for Lightning but just to get multiple Snows. Never happened. But I figured I'd get another someday. Now if only I could get all these TMs completed...

I just sold an Amarant because i was tired of his punk ass taking up space

chances of me regretting that on a scale of 1-10?

I got a troll 5* Amarant in a Rainbow crystal once. Was kinda pissy. Kept him though. I now have five of them to someday take TM farming. Not sure if I'll ever do it though.

One last bout of TM farming tonight SHOULD get me a second Dual Wield (FOR ARIANA!) and Luneth's Celestial Gloves. I hope. I won't be able to do anything but dailies until Thursday because I'll be away for business.

Celegus

Woo, finished up Akademia and Ariana events today, so I can TM it up again tomorrow and be good for the maze monday. Next TM is my first BM, Chiz at 81%. Got a third Hayate on daily, so maybe I'll put him in to finish that quicker.

Muku

Pillaging the Mog King. Just picked up the dagger, all of the Speed Plus, and the Unusual Artifact. Just got a little more to go. Also going to use rest of Cactaur left to build up Nachos BellGrande Burrito so I can get her 5* and dat sweet lapis.

tuffymon

I've always wondered, if we CAN break the 9999 barrier? That's awesome!

edit Snow with 12988 hp is pretty nuts too... I hope we never ACTUALLY need hp like that... ever >.>;

chrono01

dn5IBGa.png

Congrats on the Snow!

Being in Canada, we have lots of that. (I also have 4x Snow rotting in my character box. Maybe he'll be useful when Firion becomes a thing.)

Also, chrono01 changed his avy :O :O :O
Seeing it I can change my in-game luck with a new avatar.

Also, I'm excited for Fire Emblem Heroes. There's that too. (Also, Tharja.)

tuffymon

Congrats on the Snow!

Being in Canada, we have lots of that. (I also have 4x Snow rotting in my character box. Maybe he'll be useful when Firion becomes a thing.)

I liked FE, I found Awakening and all 3 paths of Fates amazing... I'll be SURE to give the game a shot at the least...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finally done with Ariana....that Perfume hunt was the worst lol.

I think i will finish the new story quests later.

Congrats on the Snow!

Yeah kinda excited myself for it. Not excited to have to try and hope I get the characters I want in gacha system.

udca

After that firion video I decided that I wanted a seven. Did a few ticket pulls and got her. Also got another rainbow! That's 2 in 3 days. 1 on a daily and 1 on a ticket. It was hope. He sucks, but I didn't really want another Ace.

Wasted all my luck in this banner I guess :/

Lyrian

After that firion video I decided that I wanted a seven. Did a few ticket pulls and got her. Also got another rainbow! That's 2 in 3 days. 1 on a daily and 1 on a ticket. It was hope. He sucks, but I didn't really want another Ace.

Wasted all my luck in this banner I guess :/

Grats on the Seven and sorry about the Hope?

Seven has lots of potential, as she covers a significant debuffing niche that hasn't been covered well in Global so far. I'm definitely building mine up for the future.

Ariana finished? Check.
Rain finished? Check.
Luka almost finished. Maybe I'll save finishing leveling her off until the maze tomorrow and instead get Akademia out of the way for good today.

Awfully tempting to drop what I'm doing to finish off my tantalizing set of TMs for Elza, as two of them are approaching 97% now. Choices, choices....

Valentus

Grats on the Seven and sorry about the Hope?

Seven has lots of potential, as she covers a significant debuffing niche that hasn't been covered well in Global so far. I'm definitely building mine up for the future.

Ariana finished? Check.
Rain finished? Check.
Luka almost finished. Maybe I'll save finishing leveling her off until the maze tomorrow and instead get Akademia out of the way for good today.

Awfully tempting to drop what I'm doing to finish off my tantalizing set of TMs for Elza, as two of them are approaching 97% now. Choices, choices....

To me, personal opinion, a unit is not finished until you finish potting all the relevant stats of a unit.

Unless you indeed full MP,DEF & HP your rain, so then, congratz! xD

Whales

Banned
I've been daily pulling these last few days to speed up the Academia farming ( because I only got a single doublicorn out of all of my runs) and I got a rainbow...

aaaand it's Ace. Nice! Sadly i won't use him much with my current team comp, but still.. After pulling about 22 times to get banner units and only getting 2 treys, this is a nice surprise

Lyrian

How is that even possible!

Because player buffs + physical defense debuffs + elemental defense debuffs + killer abilities + max elemental chains with same-element spells/weapons **all** stack on top of each other to create a massive damage multiplier.

Finish off the chain (or at least once the elemental chain multiplier is maxed out) with a very strong single hit ST attack and the result is the insane damage that you see in the video.

Coming SOON to Global.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom