• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Sitting on 16k Lapis. The most Ive ever had at one time.

Still have missions to complete on Olderion as well!

Feels good man.

Once I broke the 20k mark I felt like I'm on top of the world. Most ever, haha. Just need a banner to spend them on. :( Plus I don't think going to use them for banner til crystal change. Because screw Bedile.

Edit: I am just gonna go out on a limb here and say that unless things change, this isn't the Steelers we wanted to see go out there today.

As someone that doesn't follow football in the least but lives in Pittsburgh... I don't mind if the Steelers lose. Things get a little crazy here when they win and I can definitely do without that. Ain't nobody got time for that football stuff when there's esports on (Heroes of the Storm season started this weekend <3 <3 <3)

Ewwwwee E-Sports. I don't care about Pittsburgh in the slightest outside of the Penguins, I have been a massive Pens fan since I was like 5 years old as they were the closest hockey team to us outside of Detroit and fuck everything in Michigan.

tuffymon

As someone that doesn't follow football in the least but lives in Pittsburgh... I don't mind if the Steelers lose. Things get a little crazy here when they win and I can definitely do without that. Ain't nobody got time for that football stuff when there's esports on (Heroes of the Storm season started this weekend <3 <3 <3)

So weird, for as much as I play games... I dislike E-sports, I'd rather play over watching.

Lyrian

So weird, for as much as I play games... I dislike E-sports, I'd rather play over watching.

DItto. I'd rather be a participant than an observer.

That said, I also know someone who deeply enjoys watching others play and would rather watch someone play a game he likes than play it himself. It's a thing, I suppose.

Double-flavored popcorn loved me today and showed up three times. And... I'm done as well now.

That leaves me with TM farming and maze running for the next few days. What did I do wrong to get into such a favorable position with the game?

Pachimari

I jumped back into this with the Ariana Grande event, and I am loving what I've been playing. Unfortunately I'm still at the very start and only have five units who are:

Rain - Knight - &#9733;&#9733; - lvl 5
Lasswell - Knight - &#9733;&#9733; - lvl 5
Tronn - Black Mage - &#9733; - lvl 6
Dangerous Ariana - Singer - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - lvl 2
Exdeath - Dark Mage - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - lvl 2

Gil: 278
Lapis: 600

What would be your tips and tricks for someone new like me?

Muku

Good to know I'm not only one that hates esports, haha. Of course I don't even get the allure of Let's Plays. And I won't even get into 'speedrunning'.

And yeah.. Steelers put in a small effort at end. Too little, too late. Hope Falcons kick Pats in the ass. (Not so much as they beat Steelers, I just hate the Pats. And Brady.)

Good news is just a little more to get from Mog King. I'm probably overdoing it on some of the mats, but I figure it can't hurt with the 6* mats and Sacred Crystals. Just a couple more consumables to get (which I probably don't need), Screamroot, Fine Alcryst, all Star Quartz, and Gigantaur left. (Going to use Gigantaur to get BellGrande to 5*. Not like the last couple times I've gotten any good units to use them on. ;_;)

Still contemplating on getting Trey's stuff or not. We'll see.

robotuw

I jumped back into this with the Ariana Grande event, and I am loving what I've been playing. Unfortunately I'm still at the very start and only have five units who are:

Getting a good way into the story should be your first priority. You'll get a ton of exp, lapis, ranks, and equipment just doing that. Pretty quickly you'll unlock the colosseum and arena. You should try doing the colosseum as well since it doesn't take NRG.

Look at the OT for good resources, particularly the GAF playbook and the wiki.

Rain, Exdeath, and Ariana will help get you through a lot when you get them leveled up. Be sure to do Ariana's event enough to get her 5* and 6* awakening materials, since those will be gone forever when they leave. You may want to consider doing a couple daily half-price pulls in the hope of getting a healer. Replacing Tronn with just about anyone will help your team.

Feel free to ask more specific questions here anytime, everyone is very nice and helpful. If you want some powerful friend units, post your friend code and I and likely some others can add you.

Celegus

Don't care for watching normal streams or let's play things, but watching the pros duke it out in my favorite game... yes please. My wife and I play all the time and love watching it together, cheering for our favorite teams. So that obviously has a lot to do with it, something we both really enjoy doing together. Don't watch anything other than Heroes, but man we could (and did) watch that all day. So HYPE!!

Lyrian

is the 3 nrg Ariana run really the best place to farm? I need 6 hairsprays and nothing else.

Yup.

There are 3 bombs on BGN for 3 EN.
On ELT, there are 4 bombs for 13 EN.

For that 13 EN, you can run BGN 4 times, yielding 12 bombs that absolutely won't drop that awakening component you need (for me it was perfume that just refused to drop for a few days).

So, yeah, BGN all the way and still roll your eyes when you get 2 hairspray and 15 of everything else because RNGesus is throwing a pity party at you today.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yup.

There are 3 bombs on BGN for 3 EN.
On ELT, there are 4 bombs for 13 EN.

For that 13 EN, you can run BGN 4 times, yielding 12 bombs that absolutely won't drop that awakening component you need (for me it was perfume that just refused to drop for a few days).

So, yeah, BGN all the way and still roll your eyes when you get 2 hairspray and 15 of everything else because RNGesus is throwing a pity party at you today.

Wow that was easy. Great call. Took me 8 runs. And now that she's leveled to 6* I can go back to akademia for a few remaining materials and then I am DONE.

Malakhov

Banned
Got all Grande's equipment and evolved her to 5* for the 500 lapis and have the mats to evolve her to 6* IF I ever decide to do it. That's where I draw the line. Horrible, horrible event. I feel dirty :(

Also done with the ff type-o event. Back to TM farming! Yay!

Ken

Got all Grande's equipment and evolved her to 5* for the 500 lapis and have the mats to evolve her to 6* IF I ever decide to do it. That's where I draw the line. Horrible, horrible event. I feel dirty :(

Also done with the ff type-o event. Back to TM farming! Yay!

why not just 6* her now and sell the mats for space?

Malakhov

Banned
why not just 6* her now and sell the mats for space?

Because I am working on Rain right now. Then I need to finish Snow and Mercedes. Then all my 6* units will be done.

Then I need to max Lasswell, Firion, Terra, Kefka, Vaan and Charlotte so all the future 6* upgradable units will be ready when it happens.

I can care less about Ariana...

Muku

Please, Gumi Gods, give us a decent enough banner this week. I'm tired of everything since .... Christmas? sucking. Because Christmas sucked too. And it sucked for two weeks of suckiness. Please, no more.

KeRaSh

I always think it's weird when people say that and then spend their Sunday evening watching others play a physical sport instead of playing it themselves... :p

I enjoy watching Counter Strike Majors and still enjoy playing it myself. No idea why they would have to be mutually exclusive. There's such a huge skill gap between me and the pros that watching them play makes it feel like they are playing a completely different game.

Anyways, got my only Bracer and my first MAG+30% done over the weekend.
Noctis is now at 799 ATK with Ifrit...
Currently going for an Omni Rod. Willing to fuse 4 Arcs for a single rod. With the meta being what it is I don't think I'll need two.
After that I'm going back for more MAG+30%s (still have a few Shantottos left) and at some point I should probably start working on my Amarant for Cecil.

Does it even make sense to get Gungirs anymore? Damage wise they are lagging behind a little bit, even though the lack of an elemental attack makes them great for temporary replacements. How many would I need tops? I think I have 6 Kains...

Aegis Shield is at 80%.

insanekyo

Neo Member

I would say do cactuar dune events if you have free unit slots. The event is only going on for 1 or 2 more days and it's one of the more easier ways to level a unit. After that, get as far in the story as you can.

Rixa

Does it even make sense to get Gungirs anymore? Damage wise they are lagging behind a little bit, even though the lack of an elemental attack makes them great for temporary replacements. How many would I need tops? I think I have 6 Kains...

If you really need Gungir, do one. I had 5 Kains, decided to fuse them to one. I have better weapon options to TM farm than 5 Kains. Also if you are needing one, check the unit that it can wield a spear.

Ken

Because I am working on Rain right now. Then I need to finish Snow and Mercedes. Then all my 6* units will be done.

Then I need to max Lasswell, Firion, Terra, Kefka, Vaan and Charlotte so all the future 6* upgradable units will be ready when it happens.

I can care less about Ariana...

It's less about that and more about having like 5 material slots being taken up, though maybe that's not an issue for you.

Please, Gumi Gods, give us a decent enough banner this week. I'm tired of everything since .... Christmas? sucking. Because Christmas sucked too. And it sucked for two weeks of suckiness. Please, no more.

Aren't we getting the Chinese New Year banner this week? Those unit details are already out.

Malakhov

Banned
It's less about that and more about having like 5 material slots being taken up, though maybe that's not an issue for you.

Aren't we getting the Chinese New Year banner this week? Those unit details are already out.

No, I have enough mat slots available, it's not a factor.

Muku

Now that you mention it do remember seeing something about that here. Just looked it up. Looks like shit though. I'm on verge of quitting just because of boredem. Fucking a man. Been such shit lately.

bonkeng

Now that you mention it do remember seeing something about that here. Just looked it up. Looks like shit though. I'm on verge of quitting just because of boredem. Fucking a man. Been such shit lately.

Same here. More than a month of ultra boring banners. Not even worth doing dailies.

tuffymon

I always think it's weird when people say that and then spend their Sunday evening watching others play a physical sport instead of playing it themselves... :p

I enjoy watching Counter Strike Majors and still enjoy playing it myself. No idea why they would have to be mutually exclusive. There's such a huge skill gap between me and the pros that watching them play makes it feel like they are playing a completely different game.

Anyways, got my only Bracer and my first MAG+30% done over the weekend.
Noctis is now at 799 ATK with Ifrit...
Currently going for an Omni Rod. Willing to fuse 4 Arcs for a single rod. With the meta being what it is I don't think I'll need two.
After that I'm going back for more MAG+30%s (still have a few Shantottos left) and at some point I should probably start working on my Amarant for Cecil.

Aegis Shield is at 80%.

I feel like thats an unfair comparison, ANYONE can download lol (csgo whatever) and play, whether they are good or not... No matter how much I'd like to go smash someone else in pads on Sunday, its not going to happen.

On another note, used that Xmas lapis to crank out 8 rank ups and a LOT of Tms, my last one being the Ring of Lucii for awhile (until I get more promising ones to farm).

New lapis bundle? Not quite as good as the Xmas one, not terrible... wonder if it'll be a monthly thing from now on?

Malakhov

Banned

Same here. More than a month of ultra boring banners. Not even worth doing dailies.

It's true that it is getting boring. We need a good banner, not a good unit coming up, but a whole banner to pull from...

What units are going to become awesome in the future? I have so many cactaurs taking up space.

I been dumping cactaurs into firion for future use. I have heard he will become good soon?

Anyone know what the next banner will be?
I'm saving tickets and lapis for a real good banner.

Rixa

Is the 350 lapis bundle worth it?

Nah. If you remember that during christmas you got 2 Summoning Tix + other stuff at 300 Lapis. 350 for 1 tix and other stuff isn't great. Rather use 250 Lapis for future daily pull than buy 1 tix.

I want FP event so I could burn these gazillion FP I have + those FP that friend have send me.
And yup, somewhat boring time in BE lol :D

KeRaSh

If you really need Gungir, do one. I had 5 Kains, decided to fuse them to one. I have better weapon options to TM farm than 5 Kains. Also if you are needing one, check the unit that it can wield a spear.

I don't really need a Gungnir but like I said it would only be a backup weapon if let's say Excalibur gets completely resisted by the boss or something like that... I guess I'll settle for one or two max, depending on my mood.

What units are going to become awesome in the future? I have so many cactaurs taking up space.

I been dumping cactaurs into firion for future use. I have heard he will become good soon?

Anyone know what the next banner will be?
I'm saving tickets and lapis for a real good banner.

After Firion, the next good 6* upgrades are probably WoL and Garland, but those might be almost two months away

Azuran

Banned
I don't really need a Gungnir but like I said it would only be a backup weapon if let's say Excalibur gets completely resisted by the boss or something like that... I guess I'll settle for one or two max, depending on my mood.

Gungnir is not worth it unless you have an Elza that can't equip other weapons with materia. It's the second best spear in the game so it's not like she has another other choice to DW right now.

Rixa

About arena rank:

With 1249 points you are in
Monthly: 161482 place

With 606 points you are in
Weekly: 104561 place

So people do play Arena, not sure how much this is due to Burrito being released.

KeRaSh

Is anyone buying the money bundle? I'm thinking about it. I'm comfortably sitting at 10k and 60 tickets but Orlandu will laugh at that futile attempt to pull him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom