• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Gonna skip both new bundle, the lapis one isn't as good as the Christmas one, and I learned my lesson about the XXX% bundle, thanks to Noctis >.<
I guess it's for people who want to stack some tickets for Orlandu already.

Syntsui

People bored with the game, do you think a good banner alone would make it more enjoyable? I'm at a point where simply depleting my stamina is a chore, I can barely stand doing the daily mission. No matter what they bring to the table, it will be either an event done in one day or a fucking week's worth of pure grind.

Like said a million times before, the only thing preventing me from quitting is the money wasted, and like promised, there won't be a cent more.

Adimantite chest of prosperity. Worth it?

Seems quite a lot of stuff for that price
"Worth it". It just won't get better than that until Black Friday.

Rixa

People bored with the game, do you think a good banner alone would make it more enjoyable? I'm at a point where simply depleting my stamina is a chore, I can barely stand doing the daily mission. No matter what they bring to the table, it will be either an event done in one day or a fucking week's worth of pure grind.

One thing that can reflect to boredom, atleast for me. Ive been playing this from 16.5.2016.
Maybe I played too much to get myself to situation where boredom comes in. Not quitting either, just taking it easy and not feeling bad if there are situation when my nrg is at max.

If one uses some macro, it actually helps to empty nrg, cause you can do something else while the macro does the work. But is it fun? No, not at all.

Pachimari

Getting a good way into the story should be your first priority. You'll get a ton of exp, lapis, ranks, and equipment just doing that. Pretty quickly you'll unlock the colosseum and arena. You should try doing the colosseum as well since it doesn't take NRG.

Look at the OT for good resources, particularly the GAF playbook and the wiki.

Rain, Exdeath, and Ariana will help get you through a lot when you get them leveled up. Be sure to do Ariana's event enough to get her 5* and 6* awakening materials, since those will be gone forever when they leave. You may want to consider doing a couple daily half-price pulls in the hope of getting a healer. Replacing Tronn with just about anyone will help your team.

Feel free to ask more specific questions here anytime, everyone is very nice and helpful. If you want some powerful friend units, post your friend code and I and likely some others can add you.

I would say do cactuar dune events if you have free unit slots. The event is only going on for 1 or 2 more days and it's one of the more easier ways to level a unit. After that, get as far in the story as you can.
Gotcha! I'll do this!

Reroll. If you're up to it.
But why? Until I get what?

Ken

Gotcha! I'll do this!

But why? Until I get what?

A strong 5* base DPS to carry like Lightning, Luneth, Gilgamesh or Noctis.

It's basically: would you rather the one time opportunity to play with an unlimited number of pulls to get one or dump a finite resource for one.

Pachimari

A strong 5* base DPS to carry like Lightning, Luneth, Gilgamesh or Noctis.

It's basically: would you rather the one time opportunity to play with an unlimited number of pulls to get one or dump a finite resource for one.
You mean I should go for a 5* hero as my first character? And if I don't get that I start over until I get one right?

Alkez

Is it just me or has Shintoki been banned for ages now? Also I noticed CCIE got banned. Guess it was politics cause it was around Inauguration Day.

Good to know I'm not only one that hates esports, haha. Of course I don't even get the allure of Let's Plays. And I won't even get into 'speedrunning'.

I was never in to esports till last year. I got really into the CoD and LoL competitive scenes. I don't play LoL but I enjoyed watching it. Watching competitive CoD is very different to playing though which is why it is interesting for me, who's played Call of Duty for nearly 10 years now (minus a couple of years where I quit some CoDs after a couple of months lol).

I like Let's Plays for story based games that I just cba to play or don't have the money to buy. It's convenient because I just have it on while I'm eating or doing something else.

bonkeng

I'm bored coz of events lasting for 2 weeks.

Why can't we just have a weekly or a daily event. 2 weeks is too damn long for a repetitive event.

I stopped playing One Piece Treasure Cruise because of FFBE. Now I'm back to playing OPTC more than FFBE. These 2 games are opposite to each other.

FFBE = Too much nrg, not enough content. Good thing there's TM farming, or else there's nothing to waste nrg on.

OPTC = Too much content, not enough nrg.

But I'm not quitting FFBE, just bored with it for now.

You mean I should go for a 5* hero as my first character? And if I don't get that I start over until I get one right?

Yup, exactly.

You'll be thankful later.

Rixa

I Guess it was politics cause it was around Inauguration Day.

I think it was due to NPD thread + something said in "People lining Switch preorders in JP" thread.

I'm bored coz of events lasting for 2 weeks.

Why can't we just have a weekly or a daily event. 2 weeks is too damn long for a repetitive event.

I stopped playing One Piece Treasure Cruise because of FFBE. Now I'm back to playing OPTC more than FFBE. These 2 games are opposite to each other.

FFBE = Too much nrg, not enough content. Good thing there's TM farming, or else there's nothing to waste nrg on.

OPTC = Too much content, not enough nrg.

But I'm not quitting FFBE, just bored with it for now.

Yup, exactly.

You'll be thankful later.

Heh. I could dl my very very old OPTC account and hop in to see where the heck Iam :p.

Pachimari

Ya if you have a PC you can set up a macro to automate it for you.
Oh I think this is getting too advanced for me now.

I'll try and reroll. So I just need a 5* character at least and it doesn't matter who? And then I will do the Cactuar event but why is that event good to start out with?

Actually how do I reroll? I go to the title screen and tap to start but it just loads my current game save..

bonkeng

I think it was due to NPD thread + something said in "People lining Switch preorders in JP" thread.

Heh. I could dl my very very old OPTC account and hop in to see where the heck Iam :p.

lol. I recognize a few here playing OPTC as well. Adawg, Dandte, chrono, cwsasuke, Jayhawk etc.

Join us :D

Oh I think this is getting too advanced for me now.

I'll try and reroll. So I just need a 5* character at least and it doesn't matter who? And then I will do the Cactuar event but why is that event good to start out with?

Well, not all 5* bases are created equal. If you draw Delita, delite him asap.

You should only consider these 5:

Noctis = Best of the best.

Gilgamesh = Close 2nd to Noctis.

Majin Fina = Best mage in the game.

Luneth = Great for beginners, will be outclassed later on but will get a massive boost 6 months down the line.

Lightning = Great for beginners, will be outclassed later on.

The rest of the 5* bases are mediocre right now. Some will get an enhancement later on that makes them great. Some will stay as trash (like Delita).

Rixa

lol. I recognize a few here playing OPTC as well. Adawg, Dandte, chrono, cwsasuke, Jayhawk etc.
Join us :D
Yup, tossed few questions to right thread. Could you answer to those :p

I think I will try to get few Xiao from coming CNY banner, so I could farm faster Kaiser Knuckles (by using 5 Xiao).

bonkeng

Yup, tossed few questions to right thread. Could you answer to those :p

I think I will try to get few Xiao from coming CNY banner, so I could farm faster Kaiser Knuckles (by using 5 Xiao).

Lol someone already replied to you, and he's on point.

Wait, CNY banner already announced?

Pachimari

I got Tronn again dammit lol. I guess I'll uninstall the game from my phone and install again.

Welp, uninstalling and installing doesn't restart my progress..

Rixa

I got Tronn again dammit lol. I guess I'll uninstall the game from my phone and install again.

Welp, uninstalling and installing doesn't restart my progress..

No. That first pull is always rigged. Its always 1-2* Friend point gacha unit. = Common trash.
Its the next pull / pulls you after that with Lapis (daily pull 250 Lapis oncer per day, normally 500 Lapis per pull / 1 summoning ticket).

How to reroll

You need one (only one) dummy Facebook account for rerolling. After you have got that 5* unit, you can log your account to your main Facebook account (not before). So make one dummy FB account.

Pachimari

Ah shit, I rerolled already lmao! I get it now. I also figured out how to reroll with Facebook. Great. Thanks for the help. I'll try again.

You need one (only one) dummy Facebook account for rerolling. After you have got that 5* unit, you can log your account to your main Facebook account (not before). So make one dummy FB account.
Why wouldn't I just use my main Facebook account right away though?

udca

I might be a bit late but if there are some friends using my Ace, you can 1 shot the event boss if you use his limit break (which is easy to get) combined with focus and imperil. If you want to add me to your friends send me a message and I'll make some room.

512 783 735

Xion86

Bedile in today's Daily pull...great..been junk for a week now.

Anyway I caved in and bought the Adamantite Chest of Prosperity! That should keep me going. This week I'll be going for the last Trust Moogle as it's all I have left to get in the shop.

I grabbed that bundle. With Amazon Coins it costs like 41 bucks and it let me get Refia maxed at 6* and Ariana. I know I know. But she's better than my Kefka at this point in terms of stats. Hoping i can max my CoD tho, so I can switch her out.

I'm at 10 tickets and 18500+ lapis for the next great banner. So let's make it happen Gumi.

Alkez

Bedile in today's Daily pull...great..been junk for a week now.

Anyway I caved in and bought the Adamantite Chest of Prosperity! That should keep me going. This week I'll be going for the last Trust Moogle as it's all I have left to get in the shop.

Did you buy it for any particular reason/unit or just to have for the future? Has anyone else picked it up? I'm unsure atm. I don't particularly need the lapis, at 40k, but it would be nice to stock up for the future as bundles like this don't come around too often.

Rixa

Ah shit, I rerolled already lmao! I get it now. I also figured out how to reroll with Facebook. Great. Thanks for the help. I'll try again.

Why wouldn't I just use my main Facebook account right away though?

From that reroll link
Make sure the saved game and Facebook account you are using to create the dummy account are throwaway accounts.

Link this saved game to a Facebook account by logging in into Facebook. Menu > Options > Login. If you have a real Facebook account already logged in on this device, browser or app, make sure to log that one out, otherwise it'll link.

That's it. The purpose of a dummy account is to facilitate rerolling process. It's not meant for playing, nor do you ever need more than one account.

When you have got that uber unit. You tie it to your main Facebook account.
You can't delete link that is already tied to Facebook account.

Did you buy it for any particular reason/unit or just to have for the future? Has anyone else picked it up? I'm unsure atm. I don't particularly need the lapis, at 40k, but it would be nice to stock up for the future as bundles like this don't come around too often.

I will pick it up probably at some point. I'm down to 10k lapis and 10 tickets. Of course I don't really need any new units at the moment. Still need to do the story lapis as well so I would be at 25k if I did that. Ehhhh yeah 33k sounds better so yeah I'm gonna get it lol. Those Cactaurs would also get my 2nd Noctis to 100 and a Firion to max 5*

Pachimari

From that reroll link

When you have got that uber unit. You tie it to your main Facebook account.
You can't delete link that is already tied to Facebook account.
I think this might be too late then, cause I've used my main Facebook account a long time ago. Right now I'm just using a guest account, guess I should link that to a dummy account.

Xion86

Was mainly for the future really, both lapis and Gigantuars. The energy will go towards TM farming tonight. There isn't a unit I'm really hyped about until they bring in FF7 units eventually...and will use all my tickets and most lapis there ;) I'm here for the long run.

Oh and damn, didn't realise the Maze was up already...ugh...may skip the 70k Moogle then and stick to the Maze.

Rixa

I think this might be too late then, cause I've used my main Facebook account a long time ago. Right now I'm just using a guest account, guess I should link that to a dummy account.

Well. Now you will use your main account for rerolling and when you got that unit you want you tie it to dummy FB account.

Pachimari

Well. Now you will use your main account for rerolling and when you got that unit you want you tie it to dummy FB account.
It's alright, I'm not too bothered which account I'm linked to anyway.

So when I'm going to summon am I gonna a pick the featured "half off" summon going on right now or the rare summon?

udca

I might be a bit late but if there are some friends using my Ace, you can 1 shot the event boss if you use his limit break (which is easy to get) combined with focus and imperil. If you want to add me to your friends send me a message and I'll make some room.

512 783 735

On second thought imperil doesn't do anything. I just happened to "accidentally" chain the limit when I tested it. So yeah chain it with like 2 hits

udca

On second thought imperil doesn't do anything. I just happened to "accidentally" chain the limit when I tested it. So yeah chain it with like 2 hits

On third thought imperil DOES work since I have a lightning rod equipped >_<

Pachimari

I don't understand this. I can link my guest account to my main Facebook account anytime. And I can use another guest account and link that to my main Facebook account. I don't understand the dummy account stuff and it's making me frustrated. I'm gonna read the guide once more when I get home, cause right now it makes no sense to me.

Quonny

I don't understand this. I can link my guest account to my main Facebook account anytime. And I can use another guest account and link that to my main Facebook account. I don't understand the dummy account stuff and it's making me frustrated. I'm gonna read the guide once more when I get home, cause right now it makes no sense to me.

To reroll:

1. Make sure you're not logged into any account.
2. Play through the tutorial and get your free rolls.
3. Roll.
4. If garbage, log into garbage Facebook account. This same account can be used over and over as a garbage account.
5. After that, logout.
6. Repeat 1-5

If you get something you want, log into your main Facebook account and continue to play.

Your dummy/garbage account is just overwriting your non-logged in account over and over, essentially 'throwing away' the rolls done without being logged in.

Pachimari

To reroll:

1. Make sure you're not logged into any account.
2. Play through the tutorial and get your free rolls.
3. Roll.
4. If garbage, log into garbage Facebook account. This same account can be used over and over as a garbage account.
5. After that, logout.
6. Repeat 1-5

If you get something you want, log into your main Facebook account and continue to play.

Your dummy/garbage account is just overwriting your non-logged in account over and over, essentially 'throwing away' the rolls done without being logged in.
Can't I just overwrite my main account again and again though? Or do I use this one to save right before the roll, so I can load before the roll again and again?

mstevens

Can't I just overwrite my main account again and again though? Or do I use this one to save right before the roll, so I can load before the roll again and again?

When you log in, it overwrites your main account onto your device. There is no way to unlink your Facebook from your first FFBE once they're linked.

You need to log out, roll, if you get one of those characters mentioned then link it to a dummy Facebook. If you don't get one, log in to your first Facebook, log out, and try again.

Trust me - it's worth it. You'll never get another chance to have unlimited rolls.

Pachimari

When you log in, it overwrites your main account onto your device. There is no way to unlink your Facebook from your first FFBE once they're linked.

You need to log out, roll, if you get one of those characters mentioned then link it to a dummy Facebook. If you don't get one, log in to your first Facebook, log out, and try again.
Ah fuck, then I have to use a new Facebook account cause my main account has been linked from two different devices already. Okay, I'll try take a look at this whole reroll business later today.

How many free rolls do I get? I've used some lapis and tickets to roll 6 heroes who were all trash. So at this point, I log into my dummy account, restart the game as a guest and try roll again? Is this how it works?

Quonny

Once you log in with an account (from not being logged into anything) that account is locked to whatever units you have that first time. It can never be overwritten.

For example.

1. Blank, new game w/o account ==> tutorial ==> roll ==> that roll sucked ==> save to account A ==> logout
2. Since you're logged out, blank, new game w/o account ==> tutorial ==> roll ==> that roll sucked ==> save to account A ==> logout
3. Since you're logged out, blank, new game w/o account ==> tutorial ==> roll ==> that roll sucked ==> save to account A ==> logout

Account A will have the units you rolled in step 1. Step 2 and 3 units are in the ether, gone forever.

Now, say on the fourth reroll you get good units. Now instead of logging into Account A, you log into Account B, and don't logout. You continue to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom