• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

evangd007

People bored with the game, do you think a good banner alone would make it more enjoyable? I'm at a point where simply depleting my stamina is a chore, I can barely stand doing the daily mission. No matter what they bring to the table, it will be either an event done in one day or a fucking week's worth of pure grind.

Like said a million times before, the only thing preventing me from quitting is the money wasted, and like promised, there won't be a cent more.

There are a lot of factors contributing to the current boredom of the game. The quality of the banners is one, though I'd argue that they were better than many people give them credit for. They are just bad in comparison to the Noctis banner right before them.

The recent banners have been more uninspiring from a flavor standpoint. If you include the upcoming Chinese New Year banner, then since Noctis 3 out of 4 banners have been focused on original units, and the only classic Final Fantasy focused banner was for Type-0 which ranks rather low on the nostalgia scale. One could even argue that the Noctis banner was focused on original units since other than the Prince all the units were BE originals.

So what we have is a game that runs on Final Fantasy nostalgia and fan service pointedly not providing nostalgia and fan service.

bought the bundle

its a good enough deal if you go through amazon

trying to decide if i want to pull for Ace. He seems so good lol

I haven't gone through Amazon yet because I play the game on my iPhone. But I do have a GPD XD at home which I can use to sign into my account via Android.

Now I know that buying lapis directly using coins would mean it doesn't show up on my iPhone account, but would buying a bundle like this just show up in my mailbox so I could use/see it on my iPhone? and I'm assuming you would buy the 5,000 coin deal at $41?

Still not sure I want/need to buy the bundle, but if I do, I want the best deal possible.

I haven't gone through Amazon yet because I play the game on my iPhone. But I do have a GPD XD at home which I can use to sign into my account via Android.

Now I know that buying lapis directly using coins would mean it doesn't show up on my iPhone account, but would buying a bundle like this just show up in my mailbox so I could use/see it on my iPhone? and I'm assuming you would buy the 5,000 coin deal at $41?

Still not sure I want/need to buy the bundle, but if I do, I want the best deal possible.

i think it would work since it sends stuff to the inbox as opposed to directly buying lapis

i think it would work since it sends stuff to the inbox as opposed to directly buying lapis

Perfect. That's what I needed to know. Hmmmm.... to buy or not to buy.... It says 14 days for the deal, and I don't think I'll need any of it for a while anyway, so I'll probably just wait until the deal is nearly gone and re-evaluate then.

Thanks!

across

Yes and yes to these questions, respectively. Smart play is to wait and see what you pull in the next 14 days to see if you can utilize the Gigantuars etc., in my opinion.

By the way, I'd counsel everyone to not sleep on the daily 350 Lapis banner. Those of us who have been playing for a while are likely at the point where deferred dailies (which is what tickets are) are more valuable than blindly rolling dailies on bad or mediocre banners. 350 Lapis now is another shot at Leon, Setzer, Amelia, Rikku, Ashe, Werei... which is better than the Jacks and Treys you're likely to pull burning 250 on dailies for the rest of this week, and very likely better than the 250 you're gonna be spending for the CNY banner's Xiaos and whatever else. The other stuff is just gravy.

Syrus

Banned
Ive spent 400 on the game. I think im done spending money. I look at it as a christmas gift to myself lol.

I just cant anymore. 400 got me lightning and DKC. I cant justify that and ive been hoarding Lapis anyways.

I hope the FE game is good. Mayspend a little on that.

Chinner

Banned
Ive spent 400 on the game. I think im done spending money. I look at it as a christmas gift to myself lol.

I just cant anymore. 400 got me lightning and DKC. I cant justify that and ive been hoarding Lapis anyways.

I hope the FE game is good. Mayspend a little on that.
Come on bro, what would another cheeky 400 do?

Yes and yes to these questions, respectively. Smart play is to wait and see what you pull in the next 14 days to see if you can utilize the Gigantuars etc., in my opinion.

By the way, I'd counsel everyone to not sleep on the daily 350 Lapis banner. Those of us who have been playing for a while are likely at the point where deferred dailies (which is what tickets are) are more valuable than blindly rolling dailies on bad or mediocre banners. 350 Lapis now is another shot at Leon, Setzer, Amelia, Rikku, Ashe, Werei... which is better than the Jacks and Treys you're likely to pull burning 250 on dailies for the rest of this week, and very likely better than the 250 you're gonna be spending for the CNY banner's Xiaos and whatever else. The other stuff is just gravy.

Thanks for the confirmation. And I got the 350 lapis deal today. I'm not sure I'll do it every day, but I'll most likely nab it a couple more times. I think it's a pretty good deal for ticket hoarders, and I'm trying to build up a solid base for the next time a good banner comes around.

What I do is follow itunescarddeals on Twitter anytime Cards are on sale they tweet the details. I have seen them on sale regularly on Ebay for $80 for a $100 card and it's digital so no waiting just like amazon coins. I prefer it honestly as I don't have to worry about switching devices and all that shit.

Pachimari

I created a dummy account. I guess I will have to log into that account in the Facebook app before logging into it in the game, as it just choses my main account by default.

Once you log in with an account (from not being logged into anything) that account is locked to whatever units you have that first time. It can never be overwritten.

For example.

1. Blank, new game w/o account ==> tutorial ==> roll ==> that roll sucked ==> save to account A ==> logout
2. Since you're logged out, blank, new game w/o account ==> tutorial ==> roll ==> that roll sucked ==> save to account A ==> logout
3. Since you're logged out, blank, new game w/o account ==> tutorial ==> roll ==> that roll sucked ==> save to account A ==> logout

Account A will have the units you rolled in step 1. Step 2 and 3 units are in the ether, gone forever.

Now, say on the fourth reroll you get good units. Now instead of logging into Account A, you log into Account B, and don't logout. You continue to play.

I'm not sure I know when the roll is happening. Is that when I buy all of them heroes in the Summon menu?

Brunire

What I do is follow itunescarddeals on Twitter anytime Cards are on sale they tweet the details. I have seen them on sale regularly on Ebay for $80 for a $100 card and it's digital so no waiting just like amazon coins. I prefer it honestly as I don't have to worry about switching devices and all that shit.

Thank you for this!

Great tip, thank you!

mstevens

I created a dummy account. I guess I will have to log into that account in the Facebook app before logging into it in the game, as it just choses my main account by default.

I'm not sure I know when the roll is happening. Is that when I buy all of them heroes in the Summon menu?

Once Latius Woods pops up as a location, enter it and then leave. You can go to the main menu now. Claim your lapis from the top right (the envelope) and then go to Summon, do one 1/2 pull and then go to one of the banners and do 5 single pulls using your tickets.

Pachimari

Once Latius Woods pops up as a location, enter it and then leave. You can go to the main menu now. Claim your lapis from the top right (the envelope) and then go to Summon, do one 1/2 pull and then go to one of the banners and do 5 single pulls using your tickets.

Okay, that's what I did before too and got like 7 *** heroes. I'll try again, and then save to my dummy if they are bad, and then log out and try again. I think I get it now. :)

(edit) Got a 4* Hope and Elle. Oh well, then I'll just reroll.

For me the 'boredom' comes from lack of content. Story stuff is....eh, just kind of there. I feel that way about most games. It's the challenges and etc. that keeps things interesting.

Pachimari

Does this have a good story? Or something basic like FF1? That would be good enough for me. I'm pretty curious who this evil knight is.

(edit) Argh dammit, I'm reminded if I don't use my main Facebook account, then I will have to be logged into a dummy account on my Facebook app every time I want to play Brave Excvius. That is some bullshit right there. Maybe I should just continue with my party on my main Facebook account, and then buy lapis for new heroes instead...

(edit 2) I am gonna forget about this reroll stuff and continue with my main account. It would be way too much of a hassle if I had to use another Facebook account for this game. I have 14 golden tickets for the Rare Summon anyway.

tariniel

I'm debating if I want to keep doing the Akademia event or not. The only things left to buy are the magicites (only espers not maxed are Diabolos 37 and Carbuncle 34), and the cheap 6* summoning mats (I have 50-80 of each extra already). I also didn't buy either moogle but I don't really want to grind for them at all.

I guess it never hurts to have extra stuff but I also am behind on the story and kind of want to do that instead. I think if I get the magicites and max out Diabolos/Carb that any event that drops them in the future would have much less value for me and feel worse. Who knows. WWYD?

I'm debating if I want to keep doing the Akademia event or not. The only things left to buy are the magicites (only espers not maxed are Diabolos 37 and Carbuncle 34), and the cheap 6* summoning mats (I have 50-80 of each extra already). I also didn't buy either moogle but I don't really want to grind for them at all.

I guess it never hurts to have extra stuff but I also am behind on the story and kind of want to do that instead. I think if I get the magicites and max out Diabolos/Carb that any event that drops them in the future would have much less value for me and feel worse. Who knows. WWYD?

I got all the megacites for when Odin drops. I now have 30+ of each megacite and almost 50+ of each of the magicites. I might not be able to max Odin, but I'll be darn close. So it's worth it to me since I'm building a DPS focused squad and having two DPS focused Espers to match will be key.

mstevens

Okay, that's what I did before too and got like 7 *** heroes. I'll try again, and then save to my dummy if they are bad, and then log out and try again. I think I get it now. :)

(edit) Got a 4* Hope and Elle. Oh well, then I'll just reroll.

Be prepared to take lots and lots of pulls. I got Noctis on my 250ish pull and that was considered really lucky.

eggydoo

Does this have a good story? Or something basic like FF1? That would be good enough for me. I'm pretty curious who this evil knight is.

(edit) Argh dammit, I'm reminded if I don't use my main Facebook account, then I will have to be logged into a dummy account on my Facebook app every time I want to play Brave Excvius. That is some bullshit right there. Maybe I should just continue with my party on my main Facebook account, and then buy lapis for new heroes instead...

(edit 2) I am gonna forget about this reroll stuff and continue with my main account. It would be way too much of a hassle if I had to use another Facebook account for this game. I have 14 golden tickets for the Rare Summon anyway.

I use a fake facebook account for my game....other than that I haven't touched facebook in years......
Buying lapis for new heroes can be frustrating and very expensive. Take it from us early players that started playing before there were any base 5* characters. I struggled with my team before I started to finally get some of the top tier non 5* base characters. I still don't have a decent healer or tank. I did get lucky eventually and pulled 5* base characters and it has made the game easier for me in regards to the events.

across

Magicite: probably not, unless you want/need to stockpile for Odin, who should be coming in the next story update. Odin has no color preference, so you simply need quantity to level him. I purchased all of the megacite myself, however keep in mind that Odin's 2* form was content gated behind the next region in Japan (Mysidia?). I can't imagine that's changing for us.

6* mats: no, at 50-80 of each, you have enough to awaken ~3-4 units (depending on which units and what they need). Unless you expect to pull more 6* units than that before the next Mog King event, I'd pass.

Story: yes, lapis is useful, rank exp is useful, and you'll want to be caught up for when Odin drops anyway.

Pachimari

Be prepared to take lots and lots of pulls. I got Noctis on my 250ish pull and that was considered really lucky.

I use a fake facebook account for my game....other than that I haven't touched facebook in years......
Buying lapis for new heroes can be frustrating and very expensive. Take it from us early players that started playing before there were any base 5* characters. I struggled with my team before I started to finally get some of the top tier non 5* base characters. I still don't have a decent healer or tank. I did get lucky eventually and pulled 5* base characters and it has made the game easier for me in regards to the events.
The thing is I have no other choice. I use Facebook daily and I would hate to have to log out and log into my FF account on Facebook just to play Brave Exvius. If I have to log into another Facebook account every time I want to play, then that literally means I won't play the game, because it would be damn tedious. =/

Nikokuno

The thing is I have no other choice. I use Facebook daily and I would hate to have to log out and log into my FF account on Facebook just to play Brave Exvius. If I have to log into another Facebook account every time I want to play, then that literally means I won't play the game, because it would be damn tedious. =/

Or you create a new session (if you have an android phone) and switch back and forth. But I guess both ways may irritate you.

Pejo

Not sure I'm going to have enough phantoma to get everything I wanted from this event. We'll see. I got really lucky up front with Doublicorns, but the last 4 days only yielded me 2. No bueno.

I really like it when we have the completion events, not these grind ones. Still not as bad as mogcakes though.

robotuw

Another 8 hr maintenance. I wonder what's the news will be tomorrow that warrant another long maintenance.

Maybe they're changing the app icon back to the regular one. It's taken them 8 hours to do that in the past.
seriously though I hope it's the crystal change

It's going to be the Chinese new year event.

It doesn't usually take them 8 hours to add a standard event, though I guess this is a Gumi original so the shit is much more likely to hit the fan.

Celegus

Maybe they're changing the app icon back to the regular one. It's taken them 8 hours to do that in the past.
seriously though I hope it's the crystal change

It doesn't usually take them 8 hours to add a standard event, though I guess this is a Gumi original so the shit is much more likely to hit the fan.
Crystal change before Orlandu lol. I'm just hoping we get it for Tidus.

Got a 5* Freya. Probably not good at anything.

[Edit] I cannot buy gold tickets?

A ways back I think I remember seeing that Freya is sorta' okay if you equip the bejeezus out of her with TM gear. But seeing as how you are just starting, then I'm pretty sure she's trash tier.

And no, you can't buy tickets directly. There are sometimes bundles like the one currently in which you can buy bundles that include tickets for actual cash or lapis, but you can't buy them like you can lapis.

Rootbeer

Banned
ALMOST done grinding out a Deathbringer (NO moogles used... yeeessshhh)... then I have a couple more almost done baking over the next few days.

Shit is a very long process... I just hope having 3 or 4 decen TMs can make enough of a difference cause I can't picture myself grinding out too many more in the short term. Takes a ton of lapis to get anything done in a decent timeframe.

I'm bored coz of events lasting for 2 weeks.

Why can't we just have a weekly or a daily event. 2 weeks is too damn long for a repetitive event.
Just wait a little bit longer for the new fire emblem game. Then you can balance that one with FFBE, assuming it's as good as it looks (and it seems pretty decent and different enough from FFBE to compliment it nicely)

Got a 5* Freya. Probably not good at anything.

[Edit] I cannot buy gold tickets?

For 5* you want the following:

Noctis
Lightning
Luneth
Dark Fina
Gilgamesh

Keep rerolling until you get one of these IMO.

If you get a team of Chiz, CoD, ExDeath, Cecil, and a healer you can absolutely clear content with them as they all get 6* evolutions.

Pachimari

A ways back I think I remember seeing that Freya is sorta' okay if you equip the bejeezus out of her with TM gear. But seeing as how you are just starting, then I'm pretty sure she's trash tier.

And no, you can't buy tickets directly. There are sometimes bundles like the one currently in which you can buy bundles that include tickets for actual cash or lapis, but you can't buy them like you can lapis.
What bundle is this?

For 5* you want the following:

Noctis
Lightning
Luneth
Dark Fina
Gilgamesh

Keep rerolling until you get one of these IMO.

If you get a team of Chiz, CoD, ExDeath, Cecil, and a healer you can absolutely clear content with them as they all get 6* evolutions.

As said earlier, I cannot reroll, cause then I will have to use an alternative Facebook account for the game, and I refuse to log out of my main Facebook account and log into my alternate Facebook account every time I have to load up the game.

ah damn. I just found out my friend DLed the game and already linked his facebook account. He's already off to a bad start lol

This is my situation too.

Iceman829

If anyone has any space for my friend Monkey he would love an invite. I told him how to gift daily. His code is 173 871 658 I asked him to put gaf in his message so people don't delete him.

Also since I made a spot for him I have 4 extra spots for friends - 713 130 495 - currently sharing Jack for anyone still running the type 0 event

Niahak

As said earlier, I cannot reroll, cause then I will have to use an alternative Facebook account for the game, and I refuse to log out of my main Facebook account and log into my alternate Facebook account every time I have to load up the game.

People are recommending rerolling mostly so that you can be ahead of the power-curve of the game and beat all trials (optional content that yields powerful equipment). You can beat all story content without a 5* base without too much trouble (just one section you may have to grind for), and most of the trials that are currently out, but you will probably have trouble with the most recent trial content.

If you're planning to just enjoy what's there of the story, and you're not power-gaming, you really don't need to reroll that badly (especially if you get e.g. Exdeath, who can get you through much of the story pretty much solo). You may get poor luck when it comes to future pulls and never get a 5* base, but as long as you're enjoying the game, that's what matters.

insanekyo

Neo Member
Hmmm are the new bundles any good?

Both bundles are pretty good, especially that $50 one, though I would personally like to advise on not spending as much as possible. Bundles always come back so you're not missing anything. Enchanting Maze event is pretty good for awakening materials, star quartz and exp cauctars. Save some money and just grind that event instead.

H3xum

Is it possible that I am missing an entire stack of SQ and or the SQ stacks are bugged? I only have 99+53. I have done the arena every day since launch + I always buy SQ from king moogle + Explorations. Only thing I have ever bought was 1 set of earrings. Been playing since soft launch

Is it possible that I am missing an entire stack of SQ and or the SQ stacks are bugged? I only have 99+53. I have done the arena every day since launch + I always buy SQ from king moogle + Explorations. Only thing I have ever bought was 1 set of earrings. Been playing since soft launch

My SQ are showing up appropriately. I have 3 x 99 and one 19 stack.

Takuan

What bundle is this?

This is my situation too.
I use an FB alt account as well and never have to log out of my other games using my main. Whatever they do to manage logins, it's tracked on an app to app basis.

One thing is I don't actually use the FB app, but I don't see how that'd make a difference.

Because it saves to the Facebook account that you are currently logged into on the Facebook app. So if I use an alternate FB account for this game, then I need to log out of my normal FB account and into my alternate one when I want to play the game.

Anyway, I've tried rerolling 10 times now and no luck. I'm getting utterly frustrated lol. Guess I might sit up all night if I'm going for this reroll thing.
Ah, I can see why that's a dealbreaker for a frequent FB user. That's tough.

whoa the 6* mats on a full maze run is LEGIT. just pulled a prismatic horn, brilliant ray, divine crystal, fury seed, and a couple sacred crystals on top of a bunch of other shit.

Maze is legit - but TFW you go straight to the last area from the beginning :(

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
whoa the 6* mats on a full maze run is LEGIT. just pulled a prismatic horn, brilliant ray, divine crystal, fury seed, and a couple sacred crystals on top of a bunch of other shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom