• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I use an FB alt account as well and never have to log out of my other games using my main. Whatever they do to manage logins, it's tracked on an app to app basis.

One thing is I don't actually use the FB app, but I don't see how that'd make a difference.
Because it saves to the Facebook account that you are currently logged into on the Facebook app. So if I use an alternate FB account for this game, then I need to log out of my normal FB account and into my alternate one when I want to play the game.

Anyway, I've tried rerolling 10 times now and no luck. I'm getting utterly frustrated lol. Guess I might sit up all night if I'm going for this reroll thing.

Because it saves to the Facebook account that you are currently logged into on the Facebook app. So if I use an alternate FB account for this game, then I need to log out of my normal FB account and into my alternate one when I want to play the game.

Anyway, I've tried rerolling 10 times now and no luck. I'm getting utterly frustrated lol. Guess I might sit up all night if I'm going for this reroll thing.

post your rolls so we can judge them lol

Pachimari

And is it normal for every roll I get 6 chances of summoning? I use 250 on the half price summon. And then 5 tickets on five summons from the Rare Summon.

tuffymon

And is it normal for every roll I get 6 chances of summoning? I use 250 on the half price summon. And then 5 tickets on five summons from the Rare Summon.

Its normal, and to be honest... doing this 10 times isn't jack... you COULD end up doing this 250+ times to get a really nice setup...

Pachimari

Its normal, and to be honest... doing this 10 times isn't jack... you COULD end up doing this 250+ times to get a really nice setup...
But I was of the impression I just need ONE of those five 5* heroes and then I would do nicely. If I need more than that one specific one, then to hell with it and I'll just play through the story and end it then.

tuffymon

But I was of the impression I just need ONE of those five 5* heroes and then I would do nicely. If I need more than that one specific one, then to hell with it and I'll just play through the story and end it then.

Totally correct... but the rate to pull 1 (and not some garbage 5 star like Freya *cough*), is like .5%? its redonk... Starting so late in the game, its highly ideal to have a badass in your corner like the ones suggested to go for~ You CAN totally get by with having an ok or subpar party and pull stuff as you go... but that doesnt mean you will or won't obtain what you want later ya know?

eggydoo

If you're just going to play the story, no need for a base 5 star IMO.
The base 5 star helps tremendously with the other content. I blasted through the story with a max exdeath at 400mag + help with gaf friend.

RedZaraki

Banned

You don't really NEED 5* bases for anything yet. But this is kinda a free one I suppose if you do that.

I never re-rolled myself. Was rocking King Giott on my team for months.

tuffymon

You don't really NEED 5* bases for anything yet. But this is kinda a free one I suppose if you do that.

I never re-rolled myself. Was rocking King Giott on my team for months.

Cyan was my beast, sadly being stuck at a 4 star with creep made me replace him... that limit though T.T

Muku

Don't. Just give it to me.

You wouldn't want it. It's old. And .. it's the red headed stepchild of the line. The one that lasted 6 months or so instead of the year. I would have had to gotten that one at launch. Where I can't even get a year out of it before it was obsolete. -_-

There are a lot of factors contributing to the current boredom of the game. The quality of the banners is one, though I'd argue that they were better than many people give them credit for. They are just bad in comparison to the Noctis banner right before them.

The recent banners have been more uninspiring from a flavor standpoint. If you include the upcoming Chinese New Year banner, then since Noctis 3 out of 4 banners have been focused on original units, and the only classic Final Fantasy focused banner was for Type-0 which ranks rather low on the nostalgia scale. One could even argue that the Noctis banner was focused on original units since other than the Prince all the units were BE originals.

So what we have is a game that runs on Final Fantasy nostalgia and fan service pointedly not providing nostalgia and fan service.

The recent banners were just bad. They don't deserve any credit really. Unless you've played some of these side FFs, you've got no attachment to them. The 0 guys all look the same. (I know, Seven is a girl.) They're just awful. Unless you're looking from maybe a TM standpoint. But that isn't a draw for me. I know it will be for others. But I think the biggest problem is it doesn't even have to be main line FF characters to be interesting. But they seem to choose the crappiest of characters to throw in.

As for the original question as to why we're bored: boring banners (at least when you a see a unit that is interesting it keeps you going), boring events. We've had a couple Cactaur Dunes now that have been a complete waste because I've not had anyone worth a damn to level with them. And yeah... we have Maze now, but I'm thinking of completely skipping it. Money would be okay, but not for the time waste of everything else I don't potentially need. 6* mats I've got a boatload of. WTH am I going to do with Cactaur?

To be honest, the events haven't had anything that made me go "OMG I Want that!" Be it stuff you get for completing the events or from the Mog King. The gear they've offered for a while is pretty lackluster at best. Though to be fair, some of the recent stuff is "for x only". Well shit. If you didn't pull that character during the banner, you didn't need it. So gear for specific event banner characters is pretty damn boring.

Pachimari

Aren't there like 200+ heroes? So if I need one of these 5 then the chance of getting one is extremely low.

Btw I'm just curious but aren't a majority of the characters made up for this game, and not actually from other titles in the series (some of them are of course) ?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- on one hand "for X only" is a smart gacha strat to get people to pull that unit and grind that event to equip that unit. Players spend more NRG and thus lapis to get what they need.

-- on the other hand it's a terrible gacha strat for long term players who already have pretty decent teams with a few TMs here and there, much less the whales with all of the above. (Completionists notwithstanding).

-- think about the above and how the obvious solution is to just keep upping the ante with increasingly better units and higher and higher difficulties.

-- and now think how about how all of the above plays into power creep and the first fucking moment they step off the gas (right around the same time we all kinda wise up to the limited scope of interest that the arena holds as-is), and suddenly we're all bored.

-- my point is that this is a no win situation for all involved. New players want to catch up. Old players want continuing challenges. Gumi wants both to spend lots of money, but they can't break the game with every update or the whales would riot, and they can't make it impossible for new players to field competitive teams.

-- long term, and I think we see this in JP (I don't play), but basically it's more of the same. Mixed banners, the occasional new game breaking unit. Short term events with ultimately inconsequential equip.

Aren't there like 200+ heroes? So if I need one of these 5 then the chance of getting one is extremely low.

Btw I'm just curious but aren't a majority of the characters made up for this game, and not actually from other titles in the series (some of them are of course) ?

The chance of pulling a Rainbow Crystal which houses a 5* unit is 1%. It is then a chance to be a base 5* (Noctis etc.) or any unit capable of a 5* upgrade (Freya etc.) If you are pulling on a banner that has a rate up that includes a base 5* then a Rainbow is essentially a 50/50 chance of being that unit or something else. For your 2nd question it has both right now it probably has more units based on this game rather than others but that will change over time.

I can't believe im at the point where I have every worthwhile 3 and 4 base star unit. Having the only worthwhile unit on a banner being the super rare almost impossible to obtain base 5 star makes it worthless to me,(certainly won't be pulling much at all for Thunder God Cid) they need to be better at making the other units actually good.

I notice now that a lot having good units I've yet to pull to play around with and level up went a long way in keeping my interest high when I first started playing. Now I have nothing to level up, nothing to pull for, just waiting for the 6 star versions of stuff I already have and the rare banner where the 5 star isn't the only good thing on it.

Lyrian

Catching up on the thread, and I'm scratching my head.

So.... people are bored because they have units with 800 ATK and clear everything with relative ease because the power creep bar is still back around 500-550 ATK (which was plenty for me to farm Akademia ELT to full completion, minus the 70k moogle [my choice on that]). Congrats on obtaining units with power levels that are in the top 0.1% of theoretical maximums for the game. However, don't expect content that requires that kind of firepower for a few more months, and likely only trials that need the absolute pinnacle of theoretical power. The vast bulk of the game's content is not going to be balanced around the top 1% of players.

Further, would it even matter if next solid chase unit is a FF character or not?

If Gumi created a FFBE original unit tomorrow named AFlippingMigrane, who shamed Noctis with 1200 theoretical max ATK with insane ability modifiers and auto-complete heal every round, would it even matter what that unit looked like? It could be a flaming pile of leaves for all anyone cared. At least half of GAF would be instantly complaining that they don't have AFlippingMigrane because they now don't have the top chase unit in the game. (For the love of chocobos, would Orlandu get here already before Exvius-GAF spontaneously combusts from the tension of waiting?)

If people are caring about FF characters, there is already a plethora of units already out there for people to work with that clear content just fine, without needing 5* bases. Valentus demonstrates this constantly every single event/trial. On the other hand, if a player is of the type that only the top 5-8 Altema-rated units in the entire game are even worth looking at, that's their perfectly valid choice on how to view the game. However, in that sense, complaints that arise from ignoring 98% of the character roster are silly.

Lyrian

I can't believe im at the point where I have every worthwhile 3 and 4 base star unit. Having the only worthwhile unit on a banner being the super rare almost impossible to obtain base 5 star makes it worthless to me,(certainly won't be pulling much at all for Thunder God Cid) they need to be better at making the other units actually good.

I notice now that a lot having good units I've yet to pull to play around with and level up went a long way in keeping my interest high when I first started playing. Now I have nothing to level up, nothing to pull for, just waiting for the 6 star versions of stuff I already have and the rare banner where the 5 star isn't the only good thing on it.

You're waiting on power creep to happen.

The newest and shiniest advances in power creep always appear first on 5* bases. Over time, the special thing that makes that 5* base special starts appearing on lower rarity units.

The best example out there right now is the highly anticipated arrival of Orlandu in a couple of weeks. Yes, he is quite powerful. But, looking ahead at JP, it is already known that Agrias (a 4* base) essentially becomes Orlandu-lite. That's to be expected, as 5* bases will be more powerful than 4* bases in regard to the same skills. That said, Agrias is a perfectly serviceable substitute for Orlandu.

The key tradeoff is time. Players will have to wait for the ever-forward advancement of power creep for Agrias's 6* awakening, while enduring that 5* base Orlandu exists. This is highly intentional and a key aspect of the gacha model.

Another great example is the Full Break ability. In the beginning, everyone was all about the very few units that had it. Over time, it started showing up on much more common units, and now, its on a story unit that everyone has by default.

Power creep happens and grants powers to all. Gumi, expects you as the player, to not be patient enough for that power to appear on a unit you have naturally via awakenings/enhancements/whatever and as a result pulls (spends RL currency) like mad for that 1% pull rate unit on banner to get your power creep fix "now".

Muku

So.... people are bored because they have units with 800 ATK and clear everything with relative ease because the power creep bar is still back around 500-550 ATK (which was plenty for me to farm Akademia ELT to full completion, minus the 70k moogle [my choice on that]). Congrats on obtaining units with power levels that are in the top 0.1% of theoretical maximums for the game. However, don't expect content that requires that kind of firepower for a few more months, and likely only trials that need the absolute pinnacle of theoretical power. The vast bulk of the game's content is not going to be balanced around the top 1% of players.

Further, would it even matter if next solid chase unit is a FF character or not?

If Gumi created a FFBE original unit tomorrow named AFlippingMigrane, who shamed Noctis with 1200 theoretical max ATK with insane ability modifiers and auto-complete heal every round, would it even matter what that unit looked like? It could be a flaming pile of leaves for all anyone cared. At least half of GAF would be instantly complaining that they don't have AFlippingMigrane because they now don't have the top chase unit in the game. (For the love of chocobos, would Orlandu get here already before Exvius-GAF spontaneously combusts from the tension of waiting?)

If people are caring about FF characters, there is already a plethora of units already out there for people to work with that clear content just fine, without needing 5* bases. Valentus demonstrates this constantly every single event/trial. On the other hand, if a player is of the type that only the top 5-8 Altema-rated units in the entire game are even worth looking at, that's their perfectly valid choice on how to view the game. However, in that sense, complaints that arise from ignoring 98% of the character roster are silly.

Uhhh, don't lump the whales with the rest of us. I've not spent money on this game and have no real intention to. I have a decent group right now. I'd like gear, but instead of trying to getting the macro stuff to work, trying to finish getitng last couple things from this event. Just so I can move on and farm shitting makeup to get Ariana up to 5* for my pittence of 500 lapis. For which I'll have no reason to spend right now.

I should note I only have two TMs. Rizer's 10%, from having pulled a bazillion of him, and Dual Wield. My problem right now is I'd like to get better units, but that only comes in the form of the rare 5* pull. Which isn't going to happen unless it's on a crappy 5* banner. *cough*Noel*cough* Or Ace I got on my alt this time. Ace seems alright, but I'm not going to replace my 6* capped Exdeath for him.

Right now, everything that keeps me interested is just not there. We haven't had an interesting event in a while. And while the bonus unit events blow, the haven't been as bad until recently. Just because gear is on Mog King for them doesn't mean I'm pulling on a suckyass banner. But why do the units they are sharing with us suck so much? So boring, so bland. This last sentence especially for Type-0. Urgh. I know they can make interesting/good units from BE. Hell, look at Chizuru. I love her and she's part of my main group. But nothing lately has come out that is even tempting to want to pull.

I kind of wish they'd give us a little plan of what's going on. I know they don't want to because they don't want folks hoarding and they want folks to play. But right now? I am so freaking bored. Is that a good thing either? I'd honestly say the best thing would be to sprinkle in good ones between shitty banners/events. But I guess my biggest downer was that Christmas was so bad and it's just been downhill since that ... it feels bad man.

Lyrian

-- and now think how about how all of the above plays into power creep and the first fucking moment they step off the gas (right around the same time we all kinda wise up to the limited scope of interest that the arena holds as-is), and suddenly we're all bored.

-- my point is that this is a no win situation for all involved. New players want to catch up. Old players want continuing challenges. Gumi wants both to spend lots of money, but they can't break the game with every update or the whales would riot, and they can't make it impossible for new players to field competitive teams.

Excellent points, Panther.

I'll add one more observation, focusing on the two points above.

How many players/dolphins/whales ignore events completely because they believe that TM gear > Event gear, therefore events are a complete waste of time which could be better spent TM farming? I'm more than sure that there are a number of GAFers in this thread that follow that logic as gospel.

Hell, before he was banned, I used to get into arguments with Shintoki over that line of reasoning. It's a perfectly valid logical construction, for sure. But, what is the effect of holding that line of logic? To use a MMO analogy, when everyone is in the shiniest set of end-game weapons and armor, doesn't everything else pale in comparison? Of course they are going to be bored, because everything to them is a downgrade from what they already have and are left tapping their feet impatiently for the next expansion to release to give them something new to pursue.

Shouta

Events all follow the same general patterns. It's just a matter of whether or not you want the characters or not, unless you absolutely hate one type of event over the other.

They'll introduce high difficulty battles during events (currency and story) for folks that want some challenge on a more regular basis. Challenges will be less about how powerful you are and more about how flexible your armory is as the game grows and that's something that grows as you do events. There are a lot of holes that TMs don't cover still.

Excellent points, Panther.

I'll add one more observation, focusing on the two points above.

How many players/dolphins/whales ignore events completely because they believe that TM gear > Event gear, therefore events are a complete waste of time which could be better spent TM farming? I'm more than sure that there are a number of GAFers in this thread that follow that logic as gospel.

Hell, before he was banned, I used to get into arguments with Shintoki over that line of reasoning. It's a perfectly valid logical construction, for sure. But, what is the effect of holding that line of logic? To use a MMO analogy, when everyone is in the shiniest set of end-game weapons and armor, doesn't everything else pale in comparison? Of course they are going to be bored, because everything to them is a downgrade from what they already have and are left tapping their feet impatiently for the next expansion to release to give them something new to pursue.

I personally farm TM's pretty much constantly but I took a week off to do Akademia and Ariana and then Cactuar Dunes because although TM's > event gear and everything else....that shit gets boring as fuck. I would rather get the event gear even if it isn't that great because you just never know first of all and I collect unique things.

Fine, I'll reroll all night, and write down in a document what I summon.

Just reroll until you either get Noctis/Gilgamesh/Luneth/Lightning maybe even Dark Fina then stop. Also make sure you are rolling on the rare summon banner not the FF Type 0 one. I should specify roll until you get 1 of them not all of them...as that would never happen.

Jayhawk

Once you're done rerolling, you no longer need to keep signing in and out of the alt Facebook account.

When your final FFBE account with the good reroll is linked permanently to an alt FB account, quit FFBE without signing out of Facebook in the game.

After quitting FFBE, you can sign out on Facebook and then log on Facebook with your real FB account.

When you reopen FFBE, it shouldn't ask to login via Facebook again as it should still be logged onto the previous session with your alt FB account. This is how I have it setup on my phone to use my alt Facebook account for FFBE, but actual FB account for everything else.

Lyrian

Right now, everything that keeps me interested is just not there. We haven't had an interesting event in a while. And while the bonus unit events blow, the haven't been as bad until recently. Just because gear is on Mog King for them doesn't mean I'm pulling on a suckyass banner. But why do the units they are sharing with us suck so much? So boring, so bland. This last sentence especially for Type-0. Urgh. I know they can make interesting/good units from BE. Hell, look at Chizuru. I love her and she's part of my main group. But nothing lately has come out that is even tempting to want to pull.

I kind of wish they'd give us a little plan of what's going on. I know they don't want to because they don't want folks hoarding and they want folks to play. But right now? I am so freaking bored. Is that a good thing either? I'd honestly say the best thing would be to sprinkle in good ones between shitty banners/events. But I guess my biggest downer was that Christmas was so bad and it's just been downhill since that ... it feels bad man.

What's "interesting to you"? What would make a banner good? Appealing sprites/animations? What would make an event good to you? (I can't tell from your posts?)

To me, it just seems that you don't like FF Zero. I can understand, as I have no attachment to the series and my copy of it is still in its wrapper.

Do you like the explorations? Would the events be more tolerable if they contained/featured well known FF units?

Certainty and foresight are the absolute worst things that can happen in a gacha game. I can all but guarantee you that Gumi is highly aware (and they alluded to this in the dev stream the other day) that Global players are planning their future pulls based upon the JP unit release schedule and **will** throw curveballs at Global. They KNOW that everyone is waiting on Orlandu and is intentionally dragging him out. After him, the next chase unit is Tidus. I would say with 99%+ certainty that they will be at least one major power creep curveball introduced to Global before Tidus arrives.

Hell, as it is rumored that the Chinese New Year event will be featured on both JP and Global in the next week, (The daily bundle packets already here on Global for the CNY event pretty much confirm this) the warning signs are already present for another set of uber-JP-powerful-but-nerfed-for-Global units to show up.

I'd be **very** wary of another Noctis situation dropping in on Friday to get people to spend before Orlandu inevitably shows up.

Muku

Well, noticed on my alt account I had 12 tickets. Since I'm bored and need any real help I can get on that account, decided to use them.

Blue -> Cecil (one of many)
Blue -> Gilbert (shoot me now)
Blue -> Sabin (oh yeah we're going places now)
Blue -> Lenna (would be great if I didn't already have Refia, plus not first Lenna)
Gold -> Luka (already have ugh)
Blue -> Cerius (not first)
Gold -> Rakshasa (god damn.. not again)
Blue -> Charlotte (because you can never have too many, amirite?)
Blue -> Amarant (not first on alt)
Blue -> Golbez (not first)
Blue -> Tellah (not first on alt)
Blue -> Shadow

Thank god Shadow was my last. It sealed the deal that even if I had more than 12 tickets I'd be done there. Was hoping at least one of the Golds would be Seven. But seems like only Golds that DO exist this banner are mostly trolls.

Pachimari

Once you're done rerolling, you no longer need to keep signing in and out of the alt Facebook account.

When your final FFBE account with the good reroll is linked permanently to an alt FB account, quit FFBE without signing out of Facebook in the game.

After quitting FFBE, you can sign out on Facebook and then log on Facebook with your real FB account.

When you reopen FFBE, it shouldn't ask to login via Facebook again as it should still be logged onto the previous session with your alt FB account. This is how I have it setup on my phone to use my alt Facebook account for FFBE, but actual FB account for everything else.
Holy shit. So I can be logged into Facebook with my normal account, and still use my alternate Facebook account for the game? This would be an insane revelation!

Well, noticed on my alt account I had 12 tickets. Since I'm bored and need any real help I can get on that account, decided to use them.

Blue -> Cecil (one of many)
Blue -> Gilbert (shoot me now)
Blue -> Sabin (oh yeah we're going places now)
Blue -> Lenna (would be great if I didn't already have Refia, plus not first Lenna)
Gold -> Luka (already have ugh)
Blue -> Cerius (not first)
Gold -> Rakshasa (god damn.. not again)
Blue -> Charlotte (because you can never have too many, amirite?)
Blue -> Amarant (not first on alt)
Blue -> Golbez (not first)
Blue -> Tellah (not first on alt)
Blue -> Shadow

Thank god Shadow was my last. It sealed the deal that even if I had more than 12 tickets I'd be done there. Was hoping at least one of the Golds would be Seven. But seems like only Golds that DO exist this banner are mostly trolls.

12 Tix and not a single banner unit? I had the same luck this banner has been by far the absolute worst for me in pulling a featured unit. It took me 30ish rolls to get 3 fucking Trey's and I didn't get anyone else.

Jayhawk

Holy shit. So I can be logged into Facebook with my normal account, and still use my alternate Facebook account for the game? This would be an insane revelation!

Yes, it's how I have the game running. Game on phone also picks up changes to my account that happen on the emulator I run on my PC for TMR farming and vice versa without having to log in/out of Facebook after the initial setup.

Muku

What's "interesting to you"? What would make a banner good? Appealing sprites/animations? What would make an event good to you? (I can't tell from your posts?)

To me, it just seems that you don't like FF Zero. I can understand, as I have no attachment to the series and my copy of it is still in its wrapper.

Do you like the explorations? Would the events be more tolerable if they contained/featured well known FF units?

Certainty and foresight are the absolute worst things that can happen in a gacha game. I can all but guarantee you that Gumi is highly aware (and they alluded to this in the dev stream the other day) that Global players are planning their future pulls based upon the JP unit release schedule and **will** throw curveballs at Global. They KNOW that everyone is waiting on Orlandu and is intentionally dragging him out. After him, the next chase unit is Tidus. I would say with 99%+ certainty that they will be at least one major power creep curveball introduced to Global before Tidus arrives.

Hell, as it is rumored that the Chinese New Year event will be featured on both JP and Global in the next week. (The daily bundle packets are already here on Global for the CNY event).

I'd be **very** wary of another Noctis situation dropping in on Friday to get people to spend before Orlandu inevitably shows up.

Oh don't get me wrong, I have no attachment to Type-0. I've never played it, have no attachment. And to be fair... after seeing how bland these characters are, I'm not even sure I'd want to dabble in it. Fair or not, it feels like an awful representation of the game.

What one finds interesting is subjective anyway. Depends on what we're talking about. Banners or events. Banners if a character looks cool, has some nice moves, you can see potential in. I don't want niche characters because I don't dabble in that. What I really want is that even if they're new characters to BE, to make them interesting. Stop giving us awful, generic looking characters in both looks/moves. No one wants more shit in the pool, which is what is happening. And I don't mean this in regards to Type-0. I am sure there are people who do like them. I feel like they're a waste of time and space. To be honest though, I do hope events come back to use these characters we pull for these things, because I don't want them collecting dust after the initial banner for them.

The fact you bring up explorations and all is interesting. I feel like the smaller chunks of story have bored the shit out of me. Spend a few minutes and done. Seriously? I like it being longer and going through it and getting more story. Maybe I think story is silly, but it's something. Learning bits and pieces more about what's going on. Instead, we get the tiniest of scraps thrown at us right now. And I guess that's good for folks wanting to catch up, but it'll always be there if we're given larger amounts initially. Explorations can be hit / miss depending on how crappy they make the map for it. I will say I like things that deviate a bit, like the train one. You're going through train cars. That's different and fun.

Oh, at rate we're going, I'm not expecting anything fun or exciting from Gumi. We've gone on so long with boring that I feel like it's become the norm. Good luck to them on stringing stuff along. They'll potentially lose folks along the way. And I don't even mean that regarding Orlandu. But if they're not going to be throwing INTERESTING curve balls to Global, then it's not going to keep things going for folks.

12 Tix and not a single banner unit? I had the same luck this banner has been by far the absolute worst for me in pulling a featured unit. It took me 30ish rolls to get 3 fucking Trey's and I didn't get anyone else.

Going to say this banner has been very shitty to me. I feel like that's probably also an irritation at this point. I haven't done THAT many pulls, at least on main. But I have two Trey on main on the two dailies I did pull. On my alt I've done several daily pulls. One was Trey and the other was Ace. Had some other non banner rubbish in between.

My husband has also been pulling from time to time to get Seven. He's gotten like Jack and that's it. And Golds he do get are random other trash. (Though yesterday he got his second Agrias... only got his first one recently after a long struggling trying to get her, haha.) This banner blows in terms of trying to even pull damn banner units.

Pachimari

Did you guys really reroll manually or did you have a bot to do the stuff for you? I can't imagine rerolling manually a hundred times. I'm currently on my Reroll 7 of tonight.

Muku

Did you guys really reroll manually or did you have a bot to do the stuff for you? I can't imagine rerolling manually a hundred times. I'm currently on my Reroll 7 of tonight.

I know some use a program / macro for it. When I did it for my alt, I did it manually. Took several days even to get the one I have now. I kind of wish I'd kept rerolling at the time with what I did end up with, but alas.

Chinner

Banned
Just get some decent units. Don't worry about 5*s. The game is going to throw so much lapris at you that you won't be short for lapris.

tuffymon

When I started, there were no base 5 star units around, so I actually took and used my starting hand... Clyne, Russel, Cyan, Vivi, and Shantotto... which is about as weak as you can actually get >.>; If that was STILL the case, I'd have quit long ago, luck has been kind to me recently~

Pachimari

And I need one of these five heroes before the Ariana Grande event ends, cause I want her on my team.

Also I really like the design of Xiao, Leah and Michelle. Can they be developed into something competent for ones team?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

I did not reroll, didn't think it was that big of a deal. Didn't really FEEL it until a month or so in. Took 4 months and god knows how many tickets and lapis to pull a rainbow DPS. And it wasn't until after I spent around $100 on the game.

You don't have to, you really don't. It is perfectly acceptable and you should expect to have fun for a good while without rerolling.

Just know that there is a wall until you get that top DPS, you will hit it, and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Every event will be a struggle. Real top tier rewards will always be out of reach. Real arena competition with the top 20-30k players will be measurably more difficult. Trials are nearly out of the question unless you have hours to figure out the perfect strat like Valentus.

So no, you don't have to. But you probably should. Everyone here probably wishes they did.

Muku

Oh man, I just need this one hero before the Ariana Grande event ends, and that ends in like two days doesn't it?

What 'hero' are you talking about?

Also, the Dangerous Woman event ends Thursday, 1/2 @ 11:59PM PST.

Edit: Bought rest of Cactaur (65 of them), from Mog King. Not thinking. I was like yeah going to get Ariana to 4* cap then raise it. Well, forgetting she needed a damn makeup room to awaken, I hit that cap and go "Shit. Now what?" Because you can't enter anything with over the units. Because, somehow running this shit is magically going to rake in units I can't hold. -_-; But then I realize I still have work on Mercedes. Well shit, this works out better than I thought. Use some to cap her 5*. She Great Success'd the 5 I gave her to cap out. Awaken her. And she gets a couple more Great Successes. Now sitting at a level 93 Mercedes. Not bad actually. In fact, I appreciate the Cactaur going to her more than anything else. Just work off last few levels and it'll be golden. Not sure if she's worth anything, but having another 6* can't hurt.

Edit: Fixed end date because I got a little happy with 2 key.

Eidjinn

I subscribe to this.
Actually, I like this down time a lot. I had time to test some other units...make an alt account... research for the next big TM's I'm getting...
The game has A LOT of content... and you can see by how confused (sometimes) new players are coming here, with lots of questions.
And a big part of the experience, when you are bored, is to actually help some of them get superpowerful. It's a nice brain exercise!

Events all follow the same general patterns. It's just a matter of whether or not you want the characters or not, unless you absolutely hate one type of event over the other.

They'll introduce high difficulty battles during events (currency and story) for folks that want some challenge on a more regular basis. Challenges will be less about how powerful you are and more about how flexible your armory is as the game grows and that's something that grows as you do events. There are a lot of holes that TMs don't cover still.

This game might be one of the most fun I've had in a FF game. The amount of doable coodination between characters is amaze-balls!
I had to actually use the Refia-Bartz duo to believe it would work I thought it was some kind of impossible high level crap, but in reality, it's simple but very, very cool to see it working!
I can't wait for the future content!

Eidjinn

What 'hero' are you talking about?

Also, the Dangerous Woman event ends Thursday, 1/22 @ 11:59PM PST.

Edit: Bought rest of Cactaur (65 of them), from Mog King. Not thinking. I was like yeah going to get Ariana to 4* cap then raise it. Well, forgetting she needed a damn makeup room to awaken, I hit that cap and go "Shit. Now what?" Because you can't enter anything with over the units. Because, somehow running this shit is magically going to rake in units I can't hold. -_-; But then I realize I still have work on Mercedes. Well shit, this works out better than I thought. Use some to cap her 5*. She Great Success'd the 5 I gave her to cap out. Awaken her. And she gets a couple more Great Successes. Now sitting at a level 93 Mercedes. Not bad actually. In fact, I appreciate the Cactaur going to her more than anything else. Just work off last few levels and it'll be golden. Not sure if she's worth anything, but having another 6* can't hurt.

Don't take any offense, ok? But I think you're a little bit salty... but you're actually, and still, having fun, righy?! Haha!

Muku

Don't take any offense, ok? But I think you're a little bit salty... but you're actually, and still, having fun, righy?! Haha!

Not really. Is leveling Mercedes fun? No. But at least it is something in mean time. I'm trying to look for what miniscule positives I can right now. :/ Is that wrong?

I almost feel like anything positive and then it becomes OMG BUT YOU ARE HAVING FUN! :/ I guess I'll just stick to negativity. :p

Oh man, I just need this one hero before the Ariana Grande event ends, and that ends in like two days doesn't it?

Spoiler alert about Xiao 6*

She will still be stinky shit

But how epic is this?

well wouldn't you know, look who found her 6* evo???

Unit-Xiao-3.png
Unit-Xiao-4.png
Unit-Xiao-5.png
XDQCJeA.png

So epic.
LOL

Whales

Banned
im 100% sure theyre going to add some more gold glows to her sprite or even some kind of dragon head aura behind her or something

mstevens

Really leaning towards getting the 350 lapis bundle every day. I'm F2P for the moment and I'm thinking of it as paying 350 to get a second daily pull later on during a banner I'm interested in (probably FFX). I'm never planning on using the 10+1 banner (or the 500 lapis pull) so daily and ticket pulls are all I'm saving up, so this seems to make sense to me unless I'm missing something. Don't care too much about the other stuff, although I'll definitely use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom