• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Really leaning towards getting the 350 lapis bundle every day. I'm F2P for the moment and I'm thinking of it as paying 350 to get a second daily pull later on during a banner I'm interested in (probably FFX). I'm never planning on using the 10+1 banner (or the 500 lapis pull) so daily and ticket pulls are all I'm saving up, so this seems to make sense to me unless I'm missing something. Don't care too much about the other stuff, although I'll definitely use it.

Mmm, how much lapis do you have? I wouldn't dip into the deal, but more power to you if you do. I think it would be wise to consider a 10+1 once a crystal change goes through. But then again, I'm waiting on that + a good banner before I do that. With my luck with tickets... I seem to have a better time than lapis pulls. Plus, not going to waste lapis on pulls to see a bunch of trolls, which is why I'm waiting on that crystal change.

Lyrian

What one finds interesting is subjective anyway. Depends on what we're talking about. Banners or events. Banners if a character looks cool, has some nice moves, you can see potential in. I don't want niche characters because I don't dabble in that. What I really want is that even if they're new characters to BE, to make them interesting. Stop giving us awful, generic looking characters in both looks/moves. No one wants more shit in the pool, which is what is happening. And I don't mean this in regards to Type-0. I am sure there are people who do like them. I feel like they're a waste of time and space. To be honest though, I do hope events come back to use these characters we pull for these things, because I don't want them collecting dust after the initial banner for them.

The fact you bring up explorations and all is interesting. I feel like the smaller chunks of story have bored the shit out of me. Spend a few minutes and done. Seriously? I like it being longer and going through it and getting more story. Maybe I think story is silly, but it's something. Learning bits and pieces more about what's going on. Instead, we get the tiniest of scraps thrown at us right now. And I guess that's good for folks wanting to catch up, but it'll always be there if we're given larger amounts initially. Explorations can be hit / miss depending on how crappy they make the map for it. I will say I like things that deviate a bit, like the train one. You're going through train cars. That's different and fun.

Oh, at rate we're going, I'm not expecting anything fun or exciting from Gumi. We've gone on so long with boring that I feel like it's become the norm. Good luck to them on stringing stuff along. They'll potentially lose folks along the way. And I don't even mean that regarding Orlandu. But if they're not going to be throwing INTERESTING curve balls to Global, then it's not going to keep things going for folks.

Going to say this banner has been very shitty to me. I feel like that's probably also an irritation at this point. I haven't done THAT many pulls, at least on main. But I have two Trey on main on the two dailies I did pull. On my alt I've done several daily pulls. One was Trey and the other was Ace. Had some other non banner rubbish in between.

My husband has also been pulling from time to time to get Seven. He's gotten like Jack and that's it. And Golds he do get are random other trash. (Though yesterday he got his second Agrias... only got his first one recently after a long struggling trying to get her, haha.) This banner blows in terms of trying to even pull damn banner units.

Very excellent points, Muku.

You nailed a key point here. Everything is subjective to everyone, thus everyone can't be pleased all the time. For every person Gumi makes happy with a given event, there is surely someone else who gets pissed off about it. There's no two ways about it.

I personally love explorations. That is FF to me, or at least classic FF. Waves of enemies is.... meh at best. Also, not liking the chopping up of Zoldaad into three parts. I sure hope that this is not a permanent trend. An appetizer-sized portion of content just leaves a person hungry and not satisfied with their portion.

I'm sure some people liked the Ariana event. Many hated it. To me, it was completely inoffensive. Sure, as a guy, I absolutely **adored** mauling waves of pastel-colored bombs (yay for stereotyping female gender onto bombs, of all things, lol?). But, it was something to do, with goals to achieve. Did the event, got it done, and moved on to future things.

And, sadly, the nature of gambling and gachas surely mean that dry spells are hit. RNG says they will happen and they do. Doesn't make these dry spells suck any less though (especially if RL currency is spent in pulling crap). All of us have tales of crappy dry spells pulling units. Hell, I think I've only had one "hot" streak in the 6+ months I've played this game, now that I think about it.

Edit: Bought rest of Cactaur (65 of them), from Mog King. Not thinking. I was like yeah going to get Ariana to 4* cap then raise it. Well, forgetting she needed a damn makeup room to awaken, I hit that cap and go "Shit. Now what?" Because you can't enter anything with over the units. Because, somehow running this shit is magically going to rake in units I can't hold. -_-; But then I realize I still have work on Mercedes. Well shit, this works out better than I thought. Use some to cap her 5*. She Great Success'd the 5 I gave her to cap out. Awaken her. And she gets a couple more Great Successes. Now sitting at a level 93 Mercedes. Not bad actually. In fact, I appreciate the Cactaur going to her more than anything else. Just work off last few levels and it'll be golden. Not sure if she's worth anything, but having another 6* can't hurt.

That's making lemonade out of lemons :)

To me, this game is like a dollhouse of my favorite FF characters + some originals. What is fun to me is pulling out any number of units that I feel like on a given day and say "I feel like I want to play with these units today". It keeps the game interesting to me and reduces the frustration of feeling the need to stick to the same 5-6 units all the damn time for every event. That gets boring. If I want to call Rydia and Rosa to play today, then I absolutely will. It's about playing with the units **I** want to play with, not what some guide says I need to be playing with on a given day.

I'm working on Mercedes as well right now. I believe others have said that it's not quite her time to shine the brightest yet, but will be in the near future. Plus, axe twirls are fun :)

Don't take any offense, ok? But I think you're a little bit salty... but you're actually, and still, having fun, righy?! Haha!

nofunallowed.gif?

I'm pretty sure all of us are damn salty around here (at least when we are not helping others out). It comes with the territory. Besides, who said that being salty can't be fun? Hrmmm?

But how epic is this?

So epic.

Not a bad effort by Xiao, but even that doesn't quite reach the epicness from the blindness achieved from the two reigning champions of the game in this regard.

Link to pic, not embedded because of size (Credit: Reddit)

Excellent points, Panther.

I'll add one more observation, focusing on the two points above.

How many players/dolphins/whales ignore events completely because they believe that TM gear > Event gear, therefore events are a complete waste of time which could be better spent TM farming? I'm more than sure that there are a number of GAFers in this thread that follow that logic as gospel.

Hell, before he was banned, I used to get into arguments with Shintoki over that line of reasoning. It's a perfectly valid logical construction, for sure. But, what is the effect of holding that line of logic? To use a MMO analogy, when everyone is in the shiniest set of end-game weapons and armor, doesn't everything else pale in comparison? Of course they are going to be bored, because everything to them is a downgrade from what they already have and are left tapping their feet impatiently for the next expansion to release to give them something new to pursue.

I would like to add I missed out on a lot of event content because I didn't know better at the time and didn't have the unit strength to being with. Started to wise up around later Nov and realized just how much content, gear, etc I missed.

I'n taking advantage of these events as much as I can now...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
It says a lot about this community -- not the game -- that we have to justify when some of us grow tired of the grind. I don't blame these friends of ours in the slightest. I only hope I have the ability to walk away when it's no longer fun for me.

tuffymon

Mmm, how much lapis do you have? I wouldn't dip into the deal, but more power to you if you do. I think it would be wise to consider a 10+1 once a crystal change goes through. But then again, I'm waiting on that + a good banner before I do that. With my luck with tickets... I seem to have a better time than lapis pulls. Plus, not going to waste lapis on pulls to see a bunch of trolls, which is why I'm waiting on that crystal change.

I feel the bundle is great for newer players, over older more established players. A newer player hasn't been through a lot or many events so they wouldn't really have many of the items the bundle offers. Considering it 250 lapis + 100 for all the goodies is alright (especially with the key in that bundling). Whereas an established player has tons of the items now, from both events and arena... heck last time I looked I had 38 keys... What to do with that many?

Congratulations Pachimari!

Broseybrose

On my 19th reroll I got a 5-star Luneth! Guess I can move on now.

Yup. Ive been playing this game hardcore since August and dont have a single BASE 5* unit, like Luneth is. And Im totally ok with that. I only spent $47 once (after playing for free for months) and have gotten massive amounts of entertainment from the game.

Ive built up a strong team of 6* units (Cecil, Refia, Chizuru, Rain, CoD, Exdeath, Bartz, Mercedes, Snow, Dangerous Ariana*cough*) and 5* units (too many to list) and have been able to keep up with all the content in the game.

So now that you have your awesome unit, you can focus on leveling him up to 6* and pulling the rest of your team!

Look at the GAF Guide to the game and also Exviuswiki.com. You already have top tier DPS in Luneth, so now youll be looking for a Tank (like Cecil), a Healer (like Refia), a Mage (like Exdeath), and Support (like Cloud of Darkness) to round out your team.

kiaaa

It says a lot about this community -- not the game -- that we have to justify when some of us grow tired of the grind. I don't blame these friends of ours in the slightest. I only hope I have the ability to walk away when it's no longer fun for me.

I mean, 95% of the time I'm playing FFBE, I'm multitasking. It's also not enough of a time commitment for me to feel like I'm getting bored and want to quit.

Pachimari

Only 19? That's really good. Great character to start with!
Well, 29, since I had rerolled 10 times earlier today.

Yup. Ive been playing this game hardcore since August and dont have a single BASE 5* unit, like Luneth is. And Im totally ok with that. I only spent $47 once (after playing for free for months) and have gotten massive amounts of entertainment from the game.

Ive built up a strong team of 6* units (Cecil, Refia, Chizuru, Rain, CoD, Exdeath, Bartz, Mercedes, Snow, Dangerous Ariana*cough*) and 5* units (too many to list) and have been able to keep up with all the content in the game.

So now that you have your awesome unit, you can focus on leveling him up to 6* and pulling the rest of your team!

Look at the GAF Guide to the game and also Exviuswiki.com. You already have top tier DPS in Luneth, so now youll be looking for a Tank (like Cecil), a Healer (like Refia), a Mage (like Exdeath), and Support (like Cloud of Darkness) to round out your team.
But why would one want a base 5* hero, instead of the 6* heroes you got?

Muku

And, sadly, the nature of gambling and gachas surely mean that dry spells are hit. RNG says they will happen and they do. Doesn't make these dry spells suck any less though (especially if RL currency is spent in pulling crap). All of us have tales of crappy dry spells pulling units. Hell, I think I've only had one "hot" streak in the 6+ months I've played this game, now that I think about it.

The sad part is.... it's not even the RNG. It's just the fact I've not really wanted to pull ANYTHING for most part. x_x It's been so freaking boring. Seven would be nice but a pipe dream for now. And that's okay, even if a little frustrating with all these troll Golds this banner.

That's making lemonade out of lemons :)

I'm trying. :) Though, to be honest, I kind of like Mercedes. Haven't used her in any major capacity yet, but soon that can at least change. Noticed she got her axe proficiency or whatever, so upgraded her an an axe I've got for more pewpew power.

I'm working on Mercedes as well right now. I believe others have said that it's not quite her time to shine the brightest yet, but will be in the near future. Plus, axe twirls are fun :)

I hope she gets her time to shine at least relatively soon. She looks cool. And of course, who doesn't love a pirate? I'll at least be ready when that time comes.

Not a bad effort by Xiao, but even that doesn't quite reach the epicness from the blindness achieved from the two reigning champions of the game in this regard.

Link to pic, not embedded because of size (Credit: Reddit)

OMG THAT WAS GOLD!

Eidjinn

Not really. Is leveling Mercedes fun? No. But at least it is something in mean time. I'm trying to look for what miniscule positives I can right now. :/ Is that wrong?

I almost feel like anything positive and then it becomes OMG BUT YOU ARE HAVING FUN! :/ I guess I'll just stick to negativity. :p

Not wrong. As long as you have at least a little bit of fun, than I thiink it's worth grinding for the next fun time!

I'm pretty sure all of us are damn salty around here (at least when we are not helping others out). It comes with the territory. Besides, who said that being salty can't be fun? Hrmmm?

Wait, What?!
I just agreed with you in a previous post, about being ahead of the curve, and a lot os us complaining about the game, while, in reality, a lot of us just build super characters.

At least for me, you were saying about not neing too salty, when we are the ones that build this units with TM's. Was my interpretation wrong?

Nevertheless, I just wanted to say that I'm building a Mercedes too, and the name of the project is "Xena". XD

Eidjinn

I guess, the number of stars is kind of a misconception: being a 6* not necessaraly mean it's rare, it just means that given unit can reach a maximum number os stars.

What you should be looking at is, in fact, the base number os stars a given unit comes when summoned.

Example: Cloud of Darkness reaches six stars, but her base number os stars is 3, so, she is common. On the other hand, a Luneth is a five star base, meaning that he does not have a 3 or 4* form, meanind, he's super rare.

So, Cecil, Cloud of Darkness... are base3*, so were easier to get, whereas Warrior of Light and Refia were 4* base, meaning, they were kinda of a pain to get. 5* base is just super rare, 1% of getting one, or something like that.

Lyrian

The sad part is.... it's not even the RNG. It's just the fact I've not really wanted to pull ANYTHING for most part. x_x It's been so freaking boring. Seven would be nice but a pipe dream for now. And that's okay, even if a little frustrating with all these troll Golds this banner.

Completely agree with you there. I wouldn't have pulled on the FF Zero banner if I didn't have to be because of "bonus units".

And you know what the worst part is? Seven is not event-limited, so she will show up randomly when you **really** weren't expecting it.

Everyone that has been around for awhile has heard me write about my worst set of pulls, where it took somewhere in the mid-40s pulls to pull Refia when she was first released. (Coincidentally, that was during my one "hot" streak, where I pulled all 3 of my 5* base units, while trying for Refia). The one thing I've never told anyone until now about that was when the banner ended, two days later, I pulled her again from a off-banner gold on a daily half-priced pull.

If Mercedes had been released at that point, she would have surely blushed, even as a pirate queen. I think the local authorities had to evacuate 3 city blocks around me when that occurred for a good 20 minutes while I completely exploded over that.

Even worse, is that this has happened to me more than once in this game. It is practically a guarantee that you will get Seven at some point. It's just a matter of when (and what on-banner gold crystal you will not be getting when she shows up).

At least for me, you were saying about not neing too salty, when we are the ones that build this units with TM's. Was my interpretation wrong?

I was just be playful in response to you playfully jabbing at Muku, that's all. It's perfectly human to be salty. Most people tend to appreciate a person a bit more if they aren't salty 100% of the time. Fun does sometimes happen, even accidentally. (Don't tell anyone that, though.)

mstevens

I'm sitting at 18k lapis. My reasons for not doing a 10 + 1 pull isn't really math based, it's more about how I am playing for enjoyment and I'd rather spread those pulls out over 10 days rather than blow 10 bad pulls at once and feel the full weight of that disappointment.

Eidjinn

Game is still just as good to me as day one. :D

I think it's even better now!
Valentus' videos are simply awesome and give me something like a "platinum trophy" to go for. XD

I was just be playful in response to you playfully jabbing at Muku, that's all. It's perfectly human to be salty. Most people tend to appreciate a person a bit more if they aren't salty 100% of the time. Fun does sometimes happen, even accidentally. (Don't tell anyone that, though.)

Oh, now I see! Haha!

eggydoo

Anyone have a max jack with his materia? Seems like a chorizo lite, too bad only 5 star.
Just curious how he is if you have one.

Muku

Completely agree with you there. I wouldn't have pulled on the FF Zero banner if I didn't have to be because of "bonus units".

And you know what the worst part is? Seven is not event-limited, so she will show up randomly when you **really** weren't expecting it.

Everyone that has been around for awhile has heard me write about my worst set of pulls, where it took somewhere in the mid-40s pulls to pull Refia when she was first released. (Coincidentally, that was during my one "hot" streak, where I pulled all 3 of my 5* base units, while trying for Refia). The one thing I've never told anyone until now about that was when the banner ended, two days later, I pulled her again from a off-banner gold on a daily half-priced pull.

If Mercedes had been released at that point, she would have surely blushed, even as a pirate queen. I think the local authorities had to evacuate 3 city blocks around me when that occurred for a good 20 minutes while I completely exploded over that.

Even worse, is that this has happened to me more than once in this game. It is practically a guarantee that you will get Seven at some point. It's just a matter of when (and what on-banner gold crystal you will not be getting when she shows up).

To be honest, want Seven cuz movepool is interesting. I like LB as well. Plus, not going to lie. The bonus would have been a nice base in group. Ah well. She'll show up when I'm trying to get another Gold. Still looking for Agrias... so she'll show up to ruin that. :p

And yeah, I only pulled a couple times on main for bonus unit. Didn't want to run a second Trey in group so have only run one plus a bonus guest. Set my alt account to using Ace, despite being shit level, to at least help with that bonus.

I'm sitting at 18k lapis. My reasons for not doing a 10 + 1 pull isn't really math based, it's more about how I am playing for enjoyment and I'd rather spread those pulls out over 10 days rather than blow 10 bad pulls at once and feel the full weight of that disappointment.

18k is nice. Well, I wouldn't suggest a 10+1 at start unless you really want a banner character at start. Maybe not to have to worry later? Haha. But even still you could do the daily pulls until the end. Though with singles doesn't neccessarily get better. String of Shadows... or Bediles. Fun times!

Muku

Is it worth getting any of the Type-0 characters? Or should I just spent my currency on the rare summons?

Are you going to work on the event? They're good for the bonus event currency. If you mean to use, then I would keep your currency. There are better things in the pool to get. If you use like summoning tickets, I would recommend them on the Rare Banner.

robotuw

Is it worth getting any of the Type-0 characters? Or should I just spent my currency on the rare summons?

You're new enough that you likely won't have time to farm a useful amount of currency before the event ends on Friday, and none of the units are really that great on their own merits (possible exception of Seven). If you want to do more pulls in the mean time the regular rare summon is probably better. You might just want to save your lapis/tickets for the next banner(s) though. You already have Luneth and can spend time leveling him in the maze.

So my objective now should be to level up my Luneth in the Maze, and get through all the story content?

Yeah those are both good uses of your nrg. The maze drops metal cactuars, which you can fuse into your units for a bunch of exp. It costs money though so I'd say farm the maze until you run out of money (since the maze is a limited time only) and then switch to the story. By then your leveled Luneth should punch through a good chunk of the story no problem.

Broseybrose

The heroes I listed can be pulled at 3* or 4* and then leveled up to 6*.

The Base 5* units are usually the best units in the game. They cannot be found in 3 or 4* form and are extremely rare! They were what you were rerolling for. You got lucky and pulled a Luneth pretty damn quick!

So my objective now should be to level up my Luneth in the Maze, and get through all the story content?

Yes.

Dont forget the Colosseum! Work your way through that too.

And level your espers (once you get them). All this stuff is in the GAF playbook.

And start filling your friends list with fellow Exvius GAF players.

Are you going to work on the event? They're good for the bonus event currency. If you mean to use, then I would keep your currency. There are better things in the pool to get. If you use like summoning tickets, I would recommend them on the Rare Banner.

I agree to a point. Depending on who else he has besides Luneth, it might be better waiting for a banner that's worthwhile and finishing story missions for now.

Honestly, until then, Rain, Luneth, Ariana, and maybe enough pulls to get 2 serviceable other characters (like Exdeath and Charlotte, even) would be enough. In that case alone, maybe drawing on the vanilla Rare Summon banner would suffice.

I'd suggest completing the Ariana event entirely before doing Type-0. It's a guaranteed 6* unit for not much trouble at all.

The community is why I keep playing, and there's been a noticeable drop-off since Christmas. I'm not bored, but I do see myself devoting much less time to the game -- to the point where I might quit TM farming and instead have a quieter, darker bedroom.

What exactly did we enjoy 2 months ago, anyway? And how has it changed? Is it just the shitty banners? I think GAF is polarized: some of us are the "1%", and others have seen nothing but heartbreak. Thing is, they're both unexciting situations to be in, really.

Muku

If you've done any of the Akademia event and have currency for the Cactaur, I'd say if you have the money, to buy some of them and level up Luneth that way. But yes, you definitely want to get him up asap. Maze is good because of Gil Snappers to sell for money too. Story content is worth getting through, but I'd say don't feel overwhelmed. Do it in small bursts.

I've fallen waaaay behind on my alt account on story and felt overwhelmed at first. But just decided to take it a bit at a time.

Also, just decided to buy rest of Cactaur on my alt account which had 75 left. Had the money, fortunately saved back up after leveling up my last character. Got him through rest of 5* and he's now at 89 6*. He's in whatever gear I could get him in so he's at least wearing something. If you need him / want him for the last few days of event, my alt is:

I normally run Delita as my main, since he is sadly the best here. Not sure how much I'll use Ace after this, but I might test him out. Thinking about getting his items off Mog King next.

Pachimari

I haven't started on the Akademia event and have no idea what cactaurs are for. I'll look into it. I only just unlocked that dimension in Mistra.

Is it possible to trade heroes with each other?

Muku

I haven't started on the Akademia event and have no idea what cactaurs are for. I'll look into it. I only just unlocked that dimension in Mistra.

Metal Cactaur are items that give your units EXP. When you feed them to your unit, it takes money. But it's a quicker way of leveling up than constantly grinding to level them up. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us.

I see the update, and sadly, no it is not.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
the secret amazingness of the enchanted maze is that you can level your units fast but because of the gil turtles do so in a basically cost neutral way. it costs the same, yes, but you can max out a 6* unit and come out on the other end with the same cash you started with.

you have to understand how amazing that is. leveling via enhancement is expensive aaaafffffffffff

I wish TMs were something reasonable to farm, that could be something I'd do in the mean time, not so ridiculous that people have to leave their computer on and use fucking macros for a mobile game.(and in my case those programs run like garbage on my laptop)

I have 3 TMs, dual cast I did the hard way with 5 Ludmilles(never again), heavy shield equip from pulling Charlotte a ton, and duel wield from moogles.

The big problem with making it easier to get TMs is power balance I guess, shit was broken from the start when they put something as broken as duel wield on Zidane.

Lyrian

What exactly did we enjoy 2 months ago, anyway? And how has it changed? Is it just the shitty banners? I think GAF is polarized: some of us are the "1%", and others have seen nothing but heartbreak. Thing is, they're both unexciting situations to be in, really.

From my perspective, I see a couple of angles:

1) As you put it, the 1%. These are the people with 800+ ATK units, some of which have "perfect" 893 ATK Noctii. For these people, they've hit the current pinnacle of achievement in the game. Events are useless, because nothing an event is going to offer is even going to remotely budge the needle in terms of new power levels for them. These folks are waiting impatiently for Orlandu to arrive, as the next big mega-death-universe-destroying unit. Nothing else in the game means anything to them anymore as they are incredibly far past the current power creep bar.

2) The hopefuls. These are the people we often see crash and burn. They want to be the 1%, but are lacking that magical key 5* base unit to give them motivation to TM farm and move up to the first group. These are the people that will mass 11-pull in the hopes and dreams of joining the "in" crowd. Sometimes these people get want they want, sometimes they crash really, REALLY hard. Unfortunately, not much can be done about this scenario, as this is just another day in the life of a gacha game.

3) The ambiance crowd. For these people, the game is about mix and matching different characters and enjoying various in-game scenarios and creating teams that normally are not possible in FF games. Currently, the game has been on a streak of somewhat lackluster content, with a lot of it dissonant to the actual Final Fantasy.

Taking a look at the last few collabs, there were:

Brave Frontier --> FF5 --> Christmas Collab --> FFZero --> Chinese New Year Collab (likely)

As mentioned above, who cares about FF Zero (for the most part)? That's not FF nostalgia. So, out of the 5 collabs listed here, only one of them is meaningful to someone playing for nostalgia/environment reasons.

There's simply too much noise in the system and not enough Final Fantasy to go around, including very brief story updates.

--------------------

So,

Group 1 is impatiently waiting for Orlandu to show up.

Group 2 is praying to pull for Orlandu when he shows up and may bail from the game when they do not pull him (but stay if they do).

Group 3 is patient, but becoming increasing infuriated every time a new Real World collab shows up and not a Final Fantasy one. This is Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, and not Holidays of the World - Global Tour.

That's my 2 lapis on the matter on how I see the situation currently.

Muku

I wish TMs were something reasonable to farm, that could be something I'd do in the mean time, not so ridiculous that people have to leave their computer on and use fucking macros for a mobile game.(and in my case those programs run like garbage on my laptop)

I have 3 TMs, dual cast I did the hard way with 5 Ludmilles(never again), heavy shield equip from pulling Charlotte a ton, and duel wield from moogles.

The big problem with making it easier to get TMs is power balance I guess, shit was broken from the start when they put something as broken as duel wield on Zidane.

They HAD to put something on a FF9 character worth a shit. Because they sure as hell aren't buffing them. -_-; Please Gumi, please. FF9 love.

Lyrian

And that's the core problem with TMs in the game at the moment. Players aren't supposed to be walking around with full-TM'd teams at this point in the game's life. Yet, because of macroing being possible, players have circumvented the system to achieve power levels they are not supposed to have and thereby breaking the game.

Sadly, it's far too late to close Pandora's Box on the issue at this point.

Realistically, the game is probably still a full year away from being at the point where full TM'd teams should even be necessary.

evangd007

The community is why I keep playing, and there's been a noticeable drop-off since Christmas. I'm not bored, but I do see myself devoting much less time to the game -- to the point where I might quit TM farming and instead have a quieter, darker bedroom.

2 months ago we had FF5 banner, Big Bridge, and Noctis hysteria. Good times.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- I'm 100% pro-TM farming, macroing, and breaking games because of developer oversight. As far as I'm concerned, this is playing as intended.

-- Their latest attempts to level the TM playing field by making moogles somewhat easier to come by, among other methods like secretly jacking up the rates for commonly held whale TMs (Zidane's dual wield, for example) is interesting to watch in action. I don't have data just strong suspicion.

-- Now that I've seen the 6* mat drop rates of the maze ... I think I'm done with Akademia. If I did go a few more rounds I'd pick up that box but naaahh. I have everything else.

-- Ariana max leveled, got all her equip. She's got a surprisingly feisty base. Wateraga, Blizzaga, and Bioga? That's bad ass. Glad I grinded that out. Would've blown to miss out on the opportunity.

-- I love the maze so much. Going to use it to max Mercedes, Rain, and Luka.

-- Anxious to see the next banner. Starting to get the itch after not getting Dark Fina or Ace or Seven.

2 months ago we had FF5 banner, Big Bridge, and Noctis hysteria. Good times.

I totally forgot about FF5. I loved the Big Bridge event (that music!), and yeah, Noctis hysteria was rampant. I think, as Lyrian mentioned though, when we first started out, maybe some of us had one 5* base. Now many have multiples: the inequality between the 1% and the masses only grows over time, and macroing only speeds it along.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm dumb. here's a gif of ariana

59bd14edd63b86926ab73eb7d21f1d02.gif

mstevens

18k is nice. Well, I wouldn't suggest a 10+1 at start unless you really want a banner character at start. Maybe not to have to worry later? Haha. But even still you could do the daily pulls until the end. Though with singles doesn't neccessarily get better. String of Shadows... or Bediles. Fun times!

For sure. I just think blowing 15k on 3 quick 11 pulls and getting nothing is way more painful than looking forward to pulling once (or twice, with tickets) a day. Spreads out the fun a little.

Congrats on the Luneth!

edit: Man 6 one and dones in the maze in a row. Brutal! / What do you guys do with your smallest cactuars? Doesn't seem worth it gil wise to throw on any of my characters atm.

Muku

edit: Man 6 one and dones in the maze in a row. Brutal! / What do you guys do with your smallest cactuars? Doesn't seem worth it gil wise to throw on any of my characters atm.

Goes up higher your characters get. At some point it's better to save the smallest Cactaur for lowbie characters since it'd cost the same amount putting that small one on your character vs a larger one.

You know, while farming Akademia right now, I'd be just happy if we got an upgrade on someone cool right now. Doesn't even have to be new character. I'd love to be able to get my Garland to 6*. He was my first player initiated pull, and I'd love to be able to incorporate him back into my team.

robotuw

Considering we're all bored, here's some stupid joke build ideas I had a while back:

Vanille Ice with 250% ice resist.

Right Hand: Ice Rod +14ATK+26MAG
Left Hand: Ice Shield +36DEF+50%Ice-50%Fire
Head: Festival Cap +12DEF+10%MAG+10%Ice
Body: Ice Armor +45DEF+50%Ice-50Fire
Accessory 1: Ice Rosetta +50DEF+50MAG+25%Ice
Accessory 2: Ice Rosetta +50DEF+50MAG+25%Ice
Ability 1: Equip H Armor Can equip Heavy Armor
Ability 2: Equip H Shield Can equip Heavy Shields
Ability 3: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Ability 4: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Esper: Shiva HP:3300 MP:5900 ATK:2100 DEF:2300 MAG:5400 SPR:5400
Total Stats: HP: 2489 MP: 303 ATK: 145 DEF: 317 MAG: 310 SPR: 188

The Most Annoying Arena Member Ever
Medius that never stops attacking and can petrify

Right Hand: Twin Lance +52ATK
Left Hand: Golem's Staff +17ATK+7MAG+42SPR
Ability 1: Equip Spear Can equip Spears
Ability 2: Equip Staff Can equip Staves
Ability 3: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 4: Barrage
Total Stats: HP: 4530 MP: 213 ATK: 249 DEF: 142 MAG: 151 SPR: 184

No esper to increase chance of arena AI picking barrage. He has the longest attack animation I know of so 8x attacks from barrage is pure torture. Even if that fails he can attack 4x. Put him in at lvl 1 with no learned abilities for max chance of barrage.

Any other dumb pun/theme ideas people have had?

Malakhov

Banned
Cheap ones are not worth it. Will deteriorate quite fast. You should only consider them if you absolutely can't find s genuine one.
Welp, cant find a geuine one around here so I ordered this:

https://www.amazon.ca/PowerBear-Battery-3000mAh-Li-Ion-Warranty/dp/B01I2ISCOW/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1485236903&sr=8-16&keywords=lg+g3

The comments are good and there is a 2 years warranty. We'll see how it goes. I should receive it wednesday.

Thanks for the advice bonkeng!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom