• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanekyo

Neo Member
Since xiao is a 3* with very likely rate up for lunar new year, probably gonna get an army of her. Hoping they do her 6* justice. Currently she's lacking both AoE and ST abilities.

Rixa

One free summon for 10 days?

My galufs Will be very Happy!

Also stat-wise the New units looks good

Depending skills, I was thinking to use my Lapis for one 10+1 when that banner hits. Not sure what I expect to get, prolly gazilion Xiaos (and Iam ok with them).

Rixa

Heads up, friendly reminder.
8h maintenance tomorrow, starts:

t1485324000z0.png

Kouriozan

Really surprised Gumi gave us daily free summon this early, Japan didn't get one before their anniversary.
Got (my 14th) Faris by the way.

Alkez

Rakshasa, excellent.

I'm glad Xaio is on the banner. I don't have any of her so I'm hoping I can get a couple from the free pulls.

Xion86

Cyan as my freebie, great :D

Oh I don't understand how people are complaining of lack of content / being bored. I'm finding that there is so much to do! Still really enjoying the game.

desverger

Bad news : "Units in this summon pool will not include limited units or units with increased drop rates"

glQcsOF.png

Doesn't sound too bad. Limited units like Elza aren't in any of the pools anyway, and if you want to do a pull for the "increased" drop rates you can always do the cheap daily.

Rootbeer

Banned
Completed TMs:
Dualcast
Blade Mastery
Excalibur
Deathbringer
Sakurafubuki

Baking:
Ring of the Lucii
Dual Wield
Celestial Gloves
Black Cowl (2 units)

Starting to become satisfied with my selection.

I know I really should focus on Tms to build up a single unit to get them max roided out, then spread from there. And I mostly am trying to do that -- but I really had to get that Dualcast out of the way, haha. Also that Excalibur and Deathbringer adds a lot of diversity to my approach, seems uncommon for any one enemy to have resistance to both.

Have a bunch more to focus on soon... Save the Queen might be on the next list.

Whales

Banned
Holy SHIT!!!

Got Dark Fina from free summon.

....wow..not noctis but he hahahah

shit, nice pull dude

Nice to see us getting free summons, I remember when JP got a full week (or two?) of free daily pulls and a lot of us here were like "meh gumi would never do that for us"

Also Yun's TM looks good... Imagine having 2 champion belts + his armor on a firion that has two kaiser kunckles equipped...

Then I realized he was a base 5* lol. Gonna be impossible to pull. No thanks

Rixa

Also Yun's TM looks good... Imagine having 2 champion belts + his armor on a firion that has two kaiser kunckles equipped...

Imagine:
- 2 CB
- 1 KK
- 1 Sword

I think you won't get bonus to both Knuckles from CB's. So I assume its better to get some sword that gets passive bonus from Firion.

I can't test this yet, my 2nd CB is in the works. But I will test when its done with 2 free to get Knuckles (since I don't have KK).

Imagine:
- 2 CB
- 1 KK
- 1 Sword

I think you won't get bonus to both Knuckles from CB's. So I assume its better to get some sword that gets passive bonus from Firion.

I can't test this yet, my 2nd CB is in the works. But I will test when its done with 2 free to get Knuckles (since I don't have KK).

This. Only one Knuckle use something else in the other slot.

H3xum

Imagine:
- 2 CB
- 1 KK
- 1 Sword

My understanding is in JP you only get 1 KK bonus regardless of 1 or 2 knucks. So optimal build is 2 champion belts, 1 blade mastery, 1 katana and one knuckle

H3xum

Xiao should have dual wield at 6*. It would just make sense given her hand to hand focus. Maybe I'd use her then but who knows

Rixa

This. Only one Knuckle use something else in the other slot.

My understanding is in JP you only get 1 KK bonus regardless of 1 or 2 knucks. So optimal build is 2 champion belts, 1 blade mastery, 1 katana and one knuckle
Yeah. Katana + BM as other weapon.

Originally (few months ago) I was planning to do Firion with double KK. Then I asked it in Reddit and got the answer that you won't get bonus from 2 x KK so its better to have KK + Katana (and BM).

Its funny that you get bonus from 2 CB's to one knuckle tho.

Not my unit:

I found this conversation over on Reddit pretty interesting.

Essentially, someone crunched the numbers to see if buying the Lucky Red Packet everyday was a good alternative to an 11 pull when Orlandu comes out. While some go back and forth about the actual percentages, I think most of the comments agree that you sacrifice very little chance of getting the Orlandu rainbow in your 11 pull but gain all of the other stuff like NRG, gigantuars, downs, etc.

Or even, simpler.... if you assume you won't get Orlandu with one 11 pull, which is so likely it's almost certain, you are getting 14 ticket pulls for 4,900 lapis by buying the packet each day. While you don't have the guarantee that you get a 4* like you do with an 11 pull, you are still getting 3 additional pulls for a cheaper overall spend. And if you consider that the 4* in the 11 pull has a pretty good chance at being a troll (which has happened with every single 11 pull I've done), you aren't really losing much by doing individual pulls vs. an 11 pull.

Yeah. Katana + BM as other weapon.

Originally (few months ago) I was planning to do Firion with double KK. Then I asked it in Reddit and got the answer that you won't get bonus from 2 x KK so its better to have KK + Katana (and BM).

Its funny that you get bonus from 2 CB's to one knuckle tho.

Not my unit:

only 534 with that awesome gear?

needs better materia

bonkeng

I found this conversation over on Reddit pretty interesting.

Essentially, someone crunched the numbers to see if buying the Lucky Red Packet everyday was a good alternative to an 11 pull when Orlandu comes out. While some go back and forth about the actual percentages, I think most of the comments agree that you sacrifice very little chance of getting the Orlandu rainbow in your 11 pull but gain all of the other stuff like NRG, gigantuars, downs, etc.

Or even, simpler.... if you assume you won't get Orlandu with one 11 pull, which is so likely it's almost certain, you are getting 14 ticket pulls for 4,900 lapis by buying the packet each day. While you don't have the guarantee that you get a 4* like you do with an 11 pull, you are still getting 3 additional pulls for a cheaper overall spend. And if you consider that the 4* in the 11 pull has a pretty good chance at being a troll (which has happened with every single 11 pull I've done), you aren't really losing much by doing individual pulls vs. an 11 pull.

10+1 pull is still about 7% better than 14 tix pull if your trying for a 5* base.

If you're whaling for that 5*, 10+1 is the way to go.

If you're fishing for that 5*, tickets it is.

10+1 pull is still about 7% better than 14 tix pull if your trying for a 5* base.

If you're whaling for that 5*, 10+1 is the way to go.

If you're fishing for that 5*, tickets it is.

That's a great way of putting it, thank you.

I will never put enough money into a single game to whale for anything, especially not for something like a single unit. (No judgement against those that do, btw.... just not something I can afford to do.) So as a "fisher", I think the Lucky Red Packet might be a great way to use my lapis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom