• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubke hand doesnt work with bows?

holy shit they hate archers ans gunners in this game

they have no place in the meta and even share skills

Alkez

Bows innately require 2 hands, like harps. The theory of doublehand is that you are using 2 hands to wield a 1 handed weapon, forgoing a shield.

Ah yeah that makes sense. I guess the other way round this would be to just massively raise the attack of the average bow. So if 107 is the average sword then 214 could be the average bow attack. It seems ridiculous but it would make up for the lack of dual wield. It seems to be what they're doing with limit bursts now (i.e Noctis').

archers and gunners need something

ignore def nukes, multihit, larger modifiers maybe?

right now that have crit strikes which isnt that great

Interesting post from reddit about Ace and how he can be made effective:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5pwhl4/gl_for_all_the_people_who_were_dissapointed/

Hallo at all,

I think I have to make a post here, because I saw a lot of wrong guides everywhere.

I recently pulled my first 5* base, I saw the rainbow and was very happy, clicked on it and I saw Ace.. First I was very dissapointed, should have been a Luneth or Greg or somebody else above 12.0 ratings, so I googled a bit what to do with this guy called Ace and I tried to get the most out of him. I think this will surprise you and I also hope this will convince you to give a try with him, at least for being less sad like I was, here is my experience:

SKILLS EXPLAINED

Let me start with a quick explaination about most of his skills, except Wildcard, because this one is special, I'll talk about that later..

Tri-Laster - It's like a non-Spell version of Ultima, not dualcastable, but does the AoE very well, it costs 65MP and with this costs it's just not spamable but useful for smaller AoE situations

Spirit Hand - This gives you between 30MP and 120MP, always very helpful when you have time for that

Other skills like Attack Hand, Life Hand, Support Hand are in my opinion almost useless, so I'm not using them

His thunder/fire skills are also useless, because you need Dualcast to compare with other mage damage (for example to compare with Exdeath), but they may sometimes be useful when you want to chain fire or lightning

So when you see this list of skills, you might think that your rainbow pull was very bad, and this is the point where we'll get to his best skill: Wildcard

Wildcard is global exclusive, perhaps gumi wanted to fix his weekness you can see in JP. It is a 250% attack based on his MAG, and has a dodge effect 2 times for 2 turns.

This skill is very special, because it hits TWICE WITH DUAL WIELD and uses also KILLER PASSIVES and THE ELEMENT OF HIS WEAPON !!!

It is unique (i guess) together with Sunbeam which uses the same mechanics.

WILDCARD EXAMPLE

Now that we know about his skills and Wildcard, let's do a very simple math.

Let's equip Ifrit (just for easier math)
Equip Dual wield with Wizard Rod from Trial and Ice Rod
Equip Two Earrings
Equip Crafted Plant killer and MAG+10%
Fill the other slots with MAG gear, he should have ~450MAG now, which is not bad but not much (I have him at 540+ MAG now).

Now let's go to the enchanted mace event to find a cactuar which has a -50% frost resistance and try to hit him with wildcard, you will see that it hits twice with huge damage. Let's explain why and how much:

Wildcard 250% + -50% Frost resistance (he is using ice rod) = 375% + 100% from Plant Killer = 750%

It hits also twice from dual wield so you just made a 1500% attack based on his MAG! The only TM you just used was Dual wield!

HOW TO BUILD HIM

I was very impressed when I saw that the first time, so I tried to get the best out of him and the answer was simple: Diabolos.

Diabolos has Man-Eater and Demon Killer, but he's more an Esper for Mages with high MAG, so Diabolos is just the perfect match for Ace. I saw very often during this event Ace equiped with Dual Cast and Ramuh, people thought chaning Thunterga is the way to go, but Ace with Diabolos, Dual Wield, Machine Killer and Lightning Rod was much better for single target damage. I also thought about the Man-Eater Materia which we can buy for Star Quartz very soon, I think I'll give it to Ace. Sure compared to CoD he does less damage agains humans, but this advantage is that he is almost MP independent (with 440MP he's recovering 22MP per round and has still a Spirit Hand in the pocket). Maybe I'll switch a bit, depending on the encounter.

He has 4 ability slots, and from my point of view, I'll always equip him with Dual Wield, a killer passive, a MAG+30% materia (maybe soon his own TM to make his MP recovery stronger) and it can also be a good idea to equip him "Equip Staff" from Roselia and the Healing Staff to be able to make holy damage, else another MAG+30%..

HIS LB

His LB comes with a 580% modifier up to 820% based on his MAG. This is also working with the killer passives but it's not hitting twice with Dual Wield. You should use it as often as possible, it does also more damage than Wildcard and is filled very quick (200% LB fill rate passive).

WHAT CAN WE EXPECT IN THE FUTURE

He'll get enhancements too. He'll get:

MAG+40% and 200% faster LB which makes him even stronger

Tri Laser with reduced costs (45MP) and an "Imperil" effect of 75% for Fire/Lightning/Light. This will increase the damage of your Excalibur chains by 75% and it increases the damage for Wildcard by 75% when you equip Fire/Lightning Rod. Also the damage is increased to a random value between 280% and 2250% + 25% MND ignore. We're already satisfied with 280% and happy about 2250% when it procs sometimes.

Spirit Deck will be an AoE MP recover between 45MP and 140MP. Remember that 45MP are the costs for "Cut Through", "Divider" or "Crushing Blow" and other nice attacks you're always using with your strong characters, it will increase you team damage in a long fight very much.

I think a rotation like Tri Laster -> 3x Wildcard can do a lot of damage after enhancements, till that keep spamming Wildcard.

CONCLUSION

Remember:

Equip Diabolos on him
Equip Dual Wield instead of Dual Cast
Equip a killer passive depending on the current event
Equip Fire/Ice/Lightning rod (or even Air Knife) for elemental weakness depending on the current event
Don't fuse him into shadow
In the end he made it to my melee team, because I was always missing a strong melee and a strong chain finisher. I hope this helped you a bit and I also hope to see more Dual Wielding Ace's during the event.

PS: Actually it would have been better when the rainbow was a Luneth/Noctis/Lightning or Gilgamesh ;)

Ah yeah that makes sense. I guess the other way round this would be to just massively raise the attack of the average bow. So if 107 is the average sword then 214 could be the average bow attack. It seems ridiculous but it would make up for the lack of dual wield. It seems to be what they're doing with limit bursts now (i.e Noctis').

And this is actually true in a lot of other gaming genres outside of JRPGs. Bows tend to be one shot kills (Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Far Cry, etc.) but you trade off the fact that you have to be precise and stealthy to maximize. But in JRPGs, bows are almost always worthless.

Ace is awesome agreed

I didnt know wild card was a global exclusive skill

hes pretty baller and one of the best MAG based single target nukers in the game

Lordly Robe done so my Dark Fina is complete outside of her own TM and still need a Greg for a Genji Glove. Please Gumi People's Choice with Greg...please?. Anyway focusing on Firion next 2x Champ Belts and a Kaiser Knuckle.

"[GL] For all the people who were dissapointed because they pulled a Rainbow and it was Ace"
Need the same guide for "you pulled Dark Knight Cecil and he is unusable"

Tip :
Wait for enhancements to fix him

lmao

DKC...... is a bummer

i mean.... he basically needs a whole team built around him and a bhnch of TMs and even then there are better normal units that can outdamage him without the drawbacks

Dark Knight skills need a new angle to get back to being useable in the meta

Pachimari

Uhhhh YES you lucky bastard

Ace it literally one of the best Single Target Nukers in the game and he really only needs one key TM

Dual Wield
Sorry, I just started playing this like two days ago. Anyway I replaced Lasswell with him. So either now my party looks like this: Luneth(5*), Ace(5*), Dangerous Ariana(4*), Bartz(4*), Rain(2*).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So I just did a 1/2 half price summon and got a 5* Ace from a rainbow crystal. Should I use that in my party?

1. 'my party' is not an actual thing because it means a bunch of different things. The real question is which party are you discussing? Your story quest party? Your event completion party? Your arena party?

2. What you're REALLY asking is 'should I level this unit up so I can use it?' and the answer is yes. You should level up basically all of your non-duplicate 6*-capable units.

3. See the party building guide and the 6* unit ranking guide on our playbook: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zHYI3IyPPbO-Y-TTCbhebLdnHmv4Hs9P_skVOehyGlc/edit#gid=0

The grind is really getting to me. I'm at 15 doublicorn kills and 237 runs off the ff0 event. At 63,000 currency so I'm alllmmmooost at the 70k moogle. I can't get the god damn bonus units on my pulls and the tiny amount I get from just using friend units bonus units is garbage. I'm so sick of this. Fuuuuuuuuu

Shouta

doubke hand doesnt work with bows?

holy shit they hate archers ans gunners in this game

they have no place in the meta and even share skills

It doesn't as far as I know. However, there are bows you can dual-wield, I think. I recall some early builds involving Firion dual-wielding a bow in one hand and another weapon in the other but I might be remembering wrong.

c-murph

The grind is really getting to me. I'm at 15 doublicorn kills and 237 runs off the ff0 event. At 63,000 currency so I'm alllmmmooost at the 70k moogle. I can't get the god damn bonus units on my pulls and the tiny amount I get from just using friend units bonus units is garbage. I'm so sick of this. Fuuuuuuuuu

Do you really need that 70K moogle? Wouldn't it have been way more efficient to just farm that 10% with your Stamina?

That 70k just isn't worth it anymore since the drop rate for the currency is trash. The Moogle is just a tease.

Pachimari

1. 'my party' is not an actual thing because it means a bunch of different things. The real question is which party are you discussing? Your story quest party? Your event completion party? Your arena party?

2. What you're REALLY asking is 'should I level this unit up so I can use it?' and the answer is yes. You should level up basically all of your non-duplicate 6*-capable units.

3. See the party building guide and the 6* unit ranking guide on our playbook: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zHYI3IyPPbO-Y-TTCbhebLdnHmv4Hs9P_skVOehyGlc/edit#gid=0
Thanks for this. I'm gonna check it out. I haven't really played with the leveling or equipping thing yet.

Very nice team!

Just needs a dedicated healer
Yeah wish I had a healer. There's so many jobs in this game, and I have no idea what a l'Cie does, or what the difference between a Warrior, Knight and Ranger is supposed to be.

EXVIUSGAF, i need again your help

Im working in a New series of vídeos and i need your help un your friend unit.

Can you please put bow-users as your friend?

Artemios
Trey
Sahz
Wol
Bartz
Firion

Anyone except Gilgamesh Will be fine, the only i ask: put the unit a bow equip as a weapon

Any build should be fine, but if you can, make your unit based on atk and hp

Please gaf!!! Help this poor soul un Making my New series of vídeos!

Thank you in advamce :D

Bartz with killer bow is up and ready for service

Thanks for this. I'm gonna check it out. I haven't really played with the leveling or equipping thing yet.

Yeah wish I had a healer. There's so many jobs in this game, and I have no idea what a l'Cie does, or what the difference between a Warrior, Knight and Ranger is supposed to be.

Dont worry about the classes so much

Just ask questions here

Youll be looking for Refia, Lenna, Luka, or Roselia for now

Rosa, Garnet, Vanille also kind of work i think?

Kettch

Do you really need that 70K moogle? Wouldn't it have been way more efficient to just farm that 10% with your Stamina?

That 70k just isn't worth it anymore since the drop rate for the currency is trash. The Moogle is just a tease.

You're right, but it can be worthwhile to someone who already has all the big trust masteries that they want. Then you're just (really inefficiently) banking NRG for the future.

I know the ratio of nrg to TM farming is much better than getting this damn 70k moogle, buuuut it only takes me like 20 minutes in the morning to burn through my nrg on the event, compared to the hours it would take me to do earth shrine run. I can't spend all day on my phone. It's literally all about time constraints. And no, I'm not going to do the emulator thing on my PC and let the game play itself.

Also, as a day one player the only big tms I have are dual wield and dual cast. The trust moogles are the most important thing for me to get to make my units powerful. I need those tms like excalibur and what not. TMs are way too powerful to ignore. I already feel like I'm falling out of the power curve without them despite having good characters. Need more trust mooooooooogles

To further note I already bought all the summon tickets and 30k moogle from this event. But even after the 70k I still want more stuff. The fact I don't have a bonus unit really kills me.

Pachimari

Wait you just started and have Luneth, Dark Fina, and Ace? GTFO. You're never allowed to complain about anything ever.
Oh no, I don't have Dark Fina. Just Luneth and Ace.

Dont worry about the classes so much

Just ask questions here

Youll be looking for Refia, Lenna, Luka, or Roselia for now

Rosa, Garnet, Vanille also kind of work i think?
Thanks. I'll be looking an eye out for them.

Shouta

You're right, but it can be worthwhile to someone who already has all the big trust masteries that they want. Then you're just (really inefficiently) banking NRG for the future.

Depending on number of bonus units and bonus monster appearances, it can be more efficient than earth shrine farming. It's also useful for folks that don't macro or want to bank it to get an important TM right away from a future unit.

Celegus

Oh no, I don't have Dark Fina. Just Luneth and Ace.

Thanks. I'll be looking an eye out for them.
"Just" lol. Seriously congrats though, you're off to a great start. Keep in mind there's several of us (and my wife) who have been playing every day since day 1 and don't have a 5* yet. I've seen a single rainbow so far, thank goodness Noctis was inside.

Wait you just started and have Luneth, Dark Fina, and Ace? GTFO. You're never allowed to complain about anything ever.

I know right, lol. I almost want to tell him/her off for those who been playing for months and aren't so blessed(Chrono we love you!). Not gonna hate on him/her though, that luck streak is insane. Really powerful team in the matter of a week or two. Just needs to play the game, advance and awaken those units and he'll be golden. Get what ever trials/event weapons possible and just keep pushing forward.

"Just" lol. Seriously congrats though, you're off to a great start. Keep in mind there's several of us (and my wife) who have been playing every day since day 1 and don't have a 5* yet. I've seen a single rainbow so far, thank goodness Noctis was inside.

Damn. I thought my 3 rainbows as a day one player was bad. Glad you got Noctis at least. I feel really bad for those that pull rainbows and get troll units. That must feel horrible.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

b7h10sL.gif

sammich

Free pull: Shadow..Sigh
Half lapis: Zidane(sigh). Only saying sigh as this is now my 5th zidane. Already have a dual weild. I will get another one or 2 eventually but I don't think I need another 3.

I need an asskicker like Noctis, Dark Fina to get me really into the OP group.

I was thinking Rain would fit in a top-tier trial party as my main breaker while I have Noctis focusing on damage.

That would work well. Having two Noctis is nice because I can have one Warp Break and the other Thunder Flask first turn for essentially a Full Break. If I only had one I would probably use Rain......heck I might still use him sometimes to see his glorious sprite.

Pachimari

Oh sorry, I have no idea how rare these rainbow crystals are, but reading these posts, I think I should be very thankful having Luneth and Ace. Anyway, I'll try and progress through the story, and do the Ariana event and the Maze too.

Muku

The item kill requirement is probably more lenient then you think. As long, as you pop that item during your last chain, you should be good.

Reason I brought it up... is lately some of my LB chains haven't even counted for requirements for story things or whatever. That is what concerns me. I'll fit it in the chain, and it has worked in past, but now suddenly doesn't. This is going to go over well.

Good thing is I just finished my Akademia runs. Thank you to that last Double Popcorn that showed up to help me finish quicker. Got the Phoenix Downs and all four Twinspell. Exdeath is loving that extra MP. (Just replaced his Mag 10%.)

Oh sorry, I have no idea how rare these rainbow crystals are, but reading these posts, I think I should be very thankful having Luneth and Ace. Anyway, I'll try and progress through the story, and do the Ariana event and the Maze too.

Here is a decent guide to unit rankings. You'll notice that Luneth is up there at the top. It's not a perfect guide as I think they have Ace all wrong. He is CERTAINLY above Arc in the top mages, and I think he's arguably above Exdeath if he's geared up and used in the right way.

But generally speaking, you can use that guide to get a sense about where units lie.

robotuw

Just how dumb is the arena AI? I know it doesn't know how to raise, but can it cast auto-raise? Anyone seen Elza or Vanille use it?

Never seen it. The AI in arena is set to heal when low on HP. That's all I've noticed.

They can heal statuses too. I've definitely had Refia use esuna when I wish she hadn't. Don't think they can use dispel to remove buffs. What about healing MP? I've never seen Noctis use Cover or Point-Warp. Maybe they have different behaviors for different characters?

Silraru

I am so happy I pulled my first rainbow unit and it was Ace and not some 3* base unit. I couldn't stand rerolling until I got a base 5* unit. So far his is what I have for base party

Seven
Ace
Dangerous Ariana
Santa Rosella
Rain

I also have Medius, Arc, Krile and Cerius. Should I make adjustments and swap Rain out? Pretty happy with what I have gotten without the rerolling.

Muku

I am so happy I pulled my first rainbow unit and it was Ace and not some 3* base unit. I couldn't stand rerolling until I got a base 5* unit. So far his is what I have for base party

Seven
Ace
Dangerous Ariana
Santa Rosella
Rain

I also have Medius, Arc, Krile and Cerius. Should I make adjustments and swap Rain out? Pretty happy with what I have gotten without the rerolling.

Keep Rain. His Full Break will be great and his Leadership buff is good.

Edit: Which section of the Grande stuff should I be doing? I just need Perfume, Lipstick, and Nail Polish now.

mstevens

Really productive day so far. Got Luka to 6 stars (my 4th including Ariana) and Rain to 5 star. Have the mats to awaken him again, just need to level him up.

There have been so many grindy events in a row. I almost hope they let up soon so I can get back to finishing the story without worrying about missing something.

LucaMac

EXVIUSGAF, i need again your help

Im working in a New series of vídeos and i need your help un your friend unit.

Can you please put bow-users as your friend?

Artemios
Trey
Sahz
Wol
Bartz
Firion

Anyone except Gilgamesh Will be fine, the only i ask: put the unit a bow equip as a weapon

Any build should be fine, but if you can, make your unit based on atk and hp

Please gaf!!! Help this poor soul un Making my New series of vídeos!

Thank you in advamce :D

Bartz with Killer Bow at your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom