• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Yeah I got nothing from my 2 pulls today. I just need Noctis/Lightning lol. Some type of good magic user because my team is severely lacking in that department.

People are making me think I should pull for Ling. Her nor Chocobo Rider guy are limited correct? If not I will still skip I will pull her randomly later if that's the case.

evangd007

Just got the 100-win arena streak achievement!

Free pull - Kain. Bleh.

Will definitely pull for Ling. I don't have Noctis so I'm in the market for a unit who breaks, restores MP, restores status, inflicts every status, and revives. You know, does everything.

H3xum

Can someone smarter than me lay out the "dream" Xaio setup?

I don't have any 5* attackers and Chiz is my primary dps now, but, I might consider switching if it seems beneficial?

bonkeng

Just lost in Arena to someone with 3 Noctis, a Dark Fina, and a Gilgamesh.

I think 2 of the Noctis had Ring of the Lucii.

Disgusting.

I hope you won't get the chance to meet the 5 Lightning team that obliterated me. All Lightnings were equipped with evade materias, I've never seen so many MISS pop up on my screen.

If it weren't for that loss, I would've been in the top 100. That cost me a few hundred drops :/

RedZaraki

Banned
I hope you won't get the chance to meet the 5 Lightning team that obliterated me. All Lightnings were equipped with evade materias, I've never seen so many MISS pop up on my screen.

If it weren't for that loss, I would've been in the top 100. That cost me a few hundred drops :/

I think my Exdeath usually beats that team. I have Cecil + Refia, so we just survive turn 1 and nuke them. But with Noctis, if ANY of them use flasks, it's gg.

Xion86

Nice, got a notification on my phone as soon as the maintenance was over, that was handy.

Free pull was Leena. Not doing any more Daily pulls until the new banner is out.

Decided I'm not going for the 70k Trust a Moogle after all, too much other content! Sticking with the Maze for now until the new event.

bonkeng

I think my Exdeath usually beats that team. I have Cecil + Refia, so we just survive turn 1 and nuke them. But with Noctis, if ANY of them use flasks, it's gg.

Yeah if DC isn't banned, I won't have any problem with that team. He could've used 5 Noctis as well and be an even bigger dick.

Free pulls:
#1: 3* Alma #5041
#2: 3* Xiao #2

The Xiao is cool, but I'm sure she'll be the Charlotte of the next banner so I'm not as enthused as I would have been otherwise.

Also, I accidentally used 100 Lapis to refresh when I went to do a Maze run without noticing I was under 10 STA. Only got 1 final room out of it, and no burst pot there. :/

Lyrian

Forgot about the maintenance... RIP ~150 EN plus a full stack of orbs. Meh.

Freebie pull - Amarant. Sure, I'll take another HP+30%.

Awakened Xiao. Off to the Maze.

Might have to grudgingly head back into Akademia, as I am quite low on Prismatic Horns and completely out of Rainbow Blooms. Double, triple, quadruple MEH on that.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Game keeps crashing on me.

Weirdest thing, toggling wifi on/off gets me pass certain points. i.e. I need Wifi off when I launch the game then need wifi on to pick a stage then need wifi off when the stage is loading, or else I get a "no connection" or crash. All this troubleshooting occurred while walking on the street with no wifi nearby.

Chinner

Banned
Just lost in Arena to someone with 3 Noctis, a Dark Fina, and a Gilgamesh.

I think 2 of the Noctis had Ring of the Lucii.

Disgusting.
I played the same dude, and lost!

Yeah, those 2 noctis were stacked. He definetly tm farmed both of them, as none of my hits were getting him.

Pejo

My free pulls so far have been Ludmille and Garnet. Already had them both but not bad pulls.

It's getting down to the wire with the Akademia event. I really need some Doublicorns to grace me with their presence. I should be able to get most of the things I want, but I'd like to get Jack and Trey's materia, just in case. Also, wouldn't mind stocking up on those megacites for when Odin releases.

My free pulls so far have been Ludmille and Garnet. Already had them both but not bad pulls.

It's getting down to the wire with the Akademia event. I really need some Doublicorns to grace me with their presence. I should be able to get most of the things I want, but I'd like to get Jack and Trey's materia, just in case. Also, wouldn't mind stocking up on those megacites for when Odin releases.

I just pulled Seven this morning and haven't done shit in the event outside of getting the gigantuars lol. Time to buckle down for me as well.

Skii

How long does tha Ackdemia event last for?

Also, is there anyway to get easy Holy Crystal? I need it to awaken like 5 units and I can't get them to drop from awakening trial.

Lyrian

DH recommended over DW for Elza? I have a Demon Scythe in the making and plenty of Gungnirs.

Right now, DW is still better on global. (Didn't have any Zidanes at the time I started).

In the far future, kind of where JP is reaching now, DH starts finding it's own niche once the ATK mod cap is reachable. DW alllows for solid twin attacks per round (plus extra elemental attacks where needed). while DH enables an ultra-strong (more than DW) single attack that is superior for finishing moves at ends of chains (see that Firion video posted a few pages back).

That said, units like Elza, Mercedes, and Garland benefit the most from DH, as they don't lose functionality (because they don't have innate DW or are natively allowed to equip shields) by giving up the offhand slot.

--------------------
Hadn't seen anyone post this yet, compiled from Reddit postings:

Key missions to clear in the new event:

Great Nian Beast (ADV) [Boss only fight] - Clear with party of 5 or less --> Jeweled Ring

Great Nian Beast (ELT) - Defeat with Limit Break - Summon Ticket
Great Nian Beast (ELT) - Defeat with Esper - Tamer Whip
Great Nian Beast (ELT) - Defeat with Item - 5% Trust Moogle

--> Instead of an exploration, there are daily "lesser" fights against the boss for various mission prize. NOTE: These missions change DAILY, and are lost forever otherwise. The daily rewards are a mix of various random awakening materials, minor amounts of lapis, magicites, cactaurs, you name it.

Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 2) - No green magic --> Summon Ticket
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 2) - Party of 5 or less --> Power Pot x2
Nian Beast Attacks (ADV, Day 2) - Party of 5 or less --> HP +15%
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 4) - No deaths --> MP +20%
Nian Beast Attacks (ADV, Day 5) - Party of 5 or less --> Summon Ticket
Nian Beast Attacks (ADV, Day 6) - No limit breaks --> Soul Pot
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 6) - Party of 4 or less --> Summon Ticket
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 7) - Summon Siren --> Magi Pot x3
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 7) - No items --> Tough Pot x 2

How long does tha Ackdemia event last for?

Also, is there anyway to get easy Holy Crystal? I need it to awaken like 5 units and I can't get them to drop from awakening trial.

The Akademia event ends tomorrow at midnight.

If you can run the Maze of Enchantment, you might net some holy crystals. I've gotten around 15 or so over the past few days. You can also get them in the INT Awakening run in the Vortex.

dubc35

Ackademia is the first event I have played some of (farming to awaken 6* Mercedes).

noob question: Phantoma is used to buy from King Mog now, will that change when the event ends? Basically do I need to spend them all or they become useless? Or is that always the currency used?

Ackademia is the first event I have played some of (farming to awaken 6* Mercedes).

noob question: Phantoma is used to buy from King Mog now, will that change when the event ends? Basically do I need to spend them all or they become useless? Or is that always the currency used?

Yes, once the event is over your Phantoma is useless. Keep in mind you do have a few days after the event ends that the Mog King will still accept Phantoma but once he stops he stops forever.

c-murph

Right now, DW is still better on global. (Didn't have any Zidanes at the time I started).

In the far future, kind of where JP is reaching now, DH starts finding it's own niche once the ATK mod cap is reachable. DW alllows for solid twin attacks per round (plus extra elemental attacks where needed). while DH enables an ultra-strong (more than DW) single attack that is superior for finishing moves at ends of chains (see that Firion video posted a few pages back).

That said, units like Elza, Mercedes, and Garland benefit the most from DH, as they don't lose functionality (because they don't have innate DW or are natively allowed to equip shields) by giving up the offhand slot.

--------------------
Hadn't seen anyone post this yet, compiled from Reddit postings:

Key missions to clear in the new event:

Great Nian Beast (ADV) [Boss only fight] - Clear with party of 5 or less --> Jeweled Ring

Great Nian Beast (ELT) - Defeat with Limit Break - Summon Ticket
Great Nian Beast (ELT) - Defeat with Esper - Tamer Whip
Great Nian Beast (ELT) - Defeat with Item - 5% Trust Moogle

--> Instead of an exploration, there are daily "lesser" fights against the boss for various mission prize. NOTE: These missions change DAILY, and are lost forever otherwise. The daily rewards are a mix of various random awakening materials, minor amounts of lapis, magicites, cactaurs, you name it.

Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 2) - No green magic --> Summon Ticket
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 2) - Party of 5 or less --> Power Pot x2
Nian Beast Attacks (ADV, Day 2) - Party of 5 or less --> HP +15%
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 4) - No deaths --> MP +20%
Nian Beast Attacks (ADV, Day 5) - Party of 5 or less --> Summon Ticket
Nian Beast Attacks (ADV, Day 6) - No limit breaks --> Soul Pot
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 6) - Party of 4 or less --> Summon Ticket
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 7) - Summon Siren --> Magi Pot x3
Nian Beast Attacks (PRO, Day 7) - No items --> Tough Pot x 2

Awesome, thanks for the response~!

Lyrian

So how did 6* Xiao turn out? She still pretty crappy?

She's a lot better than Medius and Cerius, that's for sure. She's surely the best "low-maintenance" 6* unit on Global to deal solid damage, hands down.

She's not Noctis-tier (lol), but's she's solid. She gets more HP and even more passive attack when unarmed. Also gains self HP/MP regen when defending and a 40% ATK/DEF break.

Her ultimate ability is a big gamble. For 70 MP (ow!), she gains +100% more ATK and 50% taunt, but becomes berserk. That could be great... or awful.... Depends if you want to take the chance with her being able to wield ultimate power successfully on a given turn and not immediately turn around and one-shot your healer instead.

Shouta

I can't tell if Xiao's attacks are 180% are split across 3 hits or each hit is 180%, lol. If it's the latter, then she's pretty great. If the former, pretty meh.

Lyrian

Now, you want to discuss scary units, look at the gold crystal (Ling) in the new batch.

-- 25% innate Camouflage
-- 40% !!!!!! innate Evade (more Arena nightmares)
-- Human Slayer (+75%)
-- 40% extra crit chance
-- Entrust
-- High Tide
-- WoL's 6* breaks (BOTH of them, albeit at only 2 turns duration each)
-- Active ability to replenish self MP (+ passive self-Refresh)
-- Party-wide (except self) MP refill ability
-- Cure EVERYTHING ability (Reddit, per Nazta, says this even cures Stop)
-- Noctis's Fire Flask (without the damage; oh the living hell when everyone has access to mass random status effects.... /shudder)
-- Immune to Sleep, Paralyze. Confuse

-- AoE Raise (basic raise, not full raise)
-- She appears to be featuring a new mechanic where if she uses most abilities, she will auto-charge herself (datamine suggests up to perhaps 10x times consecutively before capping, +100% mod per, 1000% max; no one is quite sure yet) and seems to be unleashed via normal auto-attack.

Her only downfalls are an extraordinarily limited equipment set (daggers and clothes only) and the lack of direct healing (despite having all other staples of a white mage, plus can't equip white magic materia).

Seriously scary support unit right there, and not even a rainbow. I'm ready to burn some tickets for her.

Lyrian

I can't tell if Xiao's attacks are 180% are split across 3 hits or each hit is 180%, lol. If it's the latter, then she's pretty great. If the former, pretty meh.

Some other posts are saying it's 180% split over the 3, with 30% DEF ignore, equaling 257% for 18 MP.

Not horrible, but not wonderful either.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well this escalated quickly....

banner4rkoh.jpg

First time in a while im hyped for a Banner.
Now, you want to discuss scary units, look at the gold crystal (Ling) in the new batch.

Sounds amazing - def pulling for her and the Chocobo Rider. Seems like Gumi is throwing a bone to people that get screwed in Arena by all those Noctis players, to have a shot at a comeback.

eggydoo

Yes, once the event is over your Phantoma is useless. Keep in mind you do have a few days after the event ends that the Mog King will still accept Phantoma but once he stops he stops forever.

Keeping my mogcakes foreverrrrr......

actually just sold them for some nice gil recently

Zalasta

RNG is really frustrating in this game. Took me 190+ days to pull my first Cecil, then I got a 2nd one just a few days later -_-

I got a personal complaint. BE used to do maintenance and updates on Fridays, which was great for me since I work from home so it only takes a few minutes to download via wifi. However, over the last few months it has slowly moved up to Thursdays and now Wednesdays. So I have to resort to 3G at the office and it takes 20-30 minutes. Very annoying >.>

Valentus

-- 25% innate Camouflage
-- 40% !!!!!! innate Evade (more Arena nightmares)
-- Human Slayer (+75%)
-- 40% extra crit chance
-- Entrust
-- High Tide
-- WoL's 6* breaks (BOTH of them, albeit at only 2 turns duration each)
-- Active ability to replenish self MP (+ passive self-Refresh)
-- Party-wide (except self) MP refill ability
-- Cure EVERYTHING ability (Reddit, per Nazta, says this even cures Stop)
-- Noctis's Fire Flask (without the damage; oh the living hell when everyone has access to mass random status effects.... /shudder)
-- Immune to Sleep, Paralyze. Confuse

-- AoE Raise (basic raise, not full raise)
-- She appears to be featuring a new mechanic where if she uses most abilities, she will auto-charge herself (datamine suggests up to perhaps 10x times consecutively before capping, +100% mod per, 1000% max; no one is quite sure yet) and seems to be unleashed via normal auto-attack.

Her only downfalls are an extraordinarily limited equipment set (daggers and clothes only) and the lack of direct healing (despite having all other staples of a white mage, plus can't equip white magic materia).

Seriously scary support unit right there, and not even a rainbow. I'm ready to burn some tickets for her.

I said It this morning: she can be the 4th SS unit of the playbook

She is a little monster

Skii

When is this new banner? I'm hoping I can finally get my first 5 star!

The Akademia event ends tomorrow at midnight.

If you can run the Maze of Enchantment, you might net some holy crystals. I've gotten around 15 or so over the past few days. You can also get them in the INT Awakening run in the Vortex.

Ah okay thanks. Guess I wont be getting what I want from king mog but oh well.

I've tried INT awakening 3 times but nothing. I've also tried the maze and end up only going into 2 rooms. Must be unlucky.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
People will waste everything for these awesome units and then they release Orlandu next week. Perfect business strategy.

Would rather have the Chocobo Rider than Orlandu tbh. Or will we be able to pull those new units after their banner is over ?

Orlandus banner is quite shitty...so as a f2p or someone with alot of saves up Lapis/Tickets its no that attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom