• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will waste everything for these awesome units and then they release Orlandu next week. Perfect business strategy.

Yeah but this banner is probably overall better than Orlandu's if his is the same as it was in JPN. He is literally coupled with pure shit. Ling alone makes this banner worth it.

Shouta

You know, Yun is pretty competitive with Orlandu in capabilities. Not quite as strong on the best attack department but he might make up for that in attack modifiers and the like. Depending on his attack animation, if you give him a light weapon, his Raging Chocobo attack could be a very good chain element candidate if you only get 1 Orlandu.

Pejo

These new units look pretty damn good. But this just brings back the little niggle I have with all of the best new units coming out being non-FF characters.

I mean Shadow deserves better than he got, meanwhile we have this random dude on a chocobo kicking all sorts of ass.

My team right now is at least full of actual FF characters (CoD, Refia, Luneth, Gilgamesh, Noctis). I hate the idea that eventually I could be running with an entire cast of "who?" characters though, just because they're so good.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh shit I just got my first blue -> yellow -> rainbow crystal on my free pull! I pulled Luneth and he's a decent unit right?

I wanted Lightning or Noctis but as long as Luneth is useful I'm happy.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just realized that the new units are Global exclusive - even better.
Oh shit I just got my first blue -> yellow -> rainbow crystal on my free pull! I pulled Luneth and he's a decent unit right?

Free summons

Dark fina!
Rydia lol
Dark Fina and Luneth.... :eek: Damn GAF having some great luck on those free pulls. Congrats.

Wazzy

Banned
Grats on the rainbow free pulls!!!!! Damn

I got mustadio today

Considering I pulled jack shit on this current banner, I'm hoping for my luck to change on the new one.

Lyrian

I'd be **very** wary of another Noctis-like situation dropping in on Friday to get people to spend before Orlandu inevitably shows up.

I called this a few days ago, after that last dev video happened. This was pretty much foreshadowed, and will happen again and again in the future whenever Global approaches another major JP chase unit (alluded to by devs in video).

I said It this morning: she can be the 4th SS unit of the playbook

She is a little monster
People will waste everything for these awesome units and then they release Orlandu next week. Perfect business strategy.

100 thousand percent QFT. This is exactly what is happening.

When is Orlandu dropping, anyway? Do we have any idea?

There is a very significant probability that Orlandu will be released with the next Mog King banner, which unless something unusual occurs will land on Friday, February 3rd. (As noted by Syntsui above)

c-murph

Pretty much the best unit you can get. Congrats.

Grats on the rainbow free pulls!!!!!

I expect at least one troll Rainbow with my free pulls. Hopefully, a unit I don't have though like Chizuro, or Garnet.

tuffymon

Her ultimate ability is a big gamble. For 70 MP (ow!), she gains +100% more ATK and 50% taunt, but becomes berserk. That could be great... or awful.... Depends if you want to take the chance with her being able to wield ultimate power successfully on a given turn and not immediately turn around and one-shot your healer instead.
Unless you meant to say confused... berserk isn't confuse... so its more like just lose control autoattacking the enemy.

RNG is really frustrating in this game. Took me 190+ days to pull my first Cecil, then I got a 2nd one just a few days later -_-

I got a personal complaint. BE used to do maintenance and updates on Fridays, which was great for me since I work from home so it only takes a few minutes to download via wifi. However, over the last few months it has slowly moved up to Thursdays and now Wednesdays. So I have to resort to 3G at the office and it takes 20-30 minutes. Very annoying >.>

I liked the stability of the same day maintenance... I suppose I can be happy that we've had no issues since... that time. Still waiting for my first Cecil btw, if nothing else just for excalibur... sheesh T.T

Wazzy

Banned
Thanks everyone! I can't believe I didn't realize he was top tier damage when I knew Lightning and Noctis were. I guess that's because I'm used to relying on your guys Noctis's or Lightnings xD

Is there any recommendations on how to best upgrade Luneth? I can get him to 6* and probably level 100 too but before I awaken I wanted to know if there's any pots I should give him or anything that would affect his stats.

tuffymon

Luneth is like a male Lightning... with a few changes. No elemental coverage, no cura (in a pinch, nor magic potential), but is 100% most debuffs.

c-murph

Thanks everyone! I can't believe I didn't realize he was top tier damage when I knew Lightning and Noctis were. I guess that's because I'm used to relying on your guys Noctis's or Lightnings xD

Is there any recommendations on how to best upgrade Luneth? I can get him to 6* and probably level 100 too but before I awaken I wanted to know if there's any pots I should give him or anything that would affect his stats.

No reason not to max him out with pots if you're going to use him.

I assume he's a Blade Mastery and Kitana kind of guy. But someone who knows what their talking about should recommend builds.

Niahak

Attack and maybe MP pots so his refresh gives him a bit more each turn. You don't need to give them to him before awakening, though - probably better not to, since I think you can give more pots after awakening than before.

His limit's not very good (mild defense debuff with physical damage), no reason to spend limit pots on him.

Equipment wise, long term blade mastery + katana, short term give him a regular sword (e.g. Enhancer) in one slot so his passive works. He's pretty easy to get to the point where he's pretty useful.

He'll be nice in the arena once everyone has crazy ailment characters, since he naturally resists petrify, blind, confuse. If you give him an accessory to protect against sleep he can probably power through just about anything.

Wazzy

Banned
No reason not to max him out with pots if you're going to use him.

I assume he's a Blade Mastery and Kitana kind of guy. But someone who knows what their talking about should recommend builds.

Attack and maybe MP pots so his refresh gives him a bit more each turn. You don't need to give them to him before awakening, though - probably better not to, since I think you can give more pots after awakening than before.

His limit's not very good (mild defense debuff with physical damage), no reason to spend limit pots on him.

Equipment wise, long term blade mastery + katana, short term give him a regular sword (e.g. Enhancer) in one slot so his passive works. He's pretty easy to get to the point where he's pretty useful.

He'll be nice in the arena once everyone has crazy ailment characters, since he naturally resists petrify, blind, confuse. If you give him an accessory to protect against sleep he can probably power through just about anything.
Awesome thanks to both of you! I'll awaken him and give him the attack pots.

Syntsui

Would rather have the Chocobo Rider than Orlandu tbh. Or will we be able to pull those new units after their banner is over ?

Orlandus banner is quite shitty...so as a f2p or someone with alot of saves up Lapis/Tickets its no that attractive.
They are exclusive to this banner I think. Another reason to go crazy here.

Hey real talk , I like the sound of tomorrow's banner but was planning on pulling for Orlandu. Is he really the strongest thing ever or do you need all the good TMs for him to shine? If I don't have an Excalibur(or two) is he even worth going after?

Pachimari

I'm going through the story mode right now, and have still not tried equipping other things. Some of the missions asks me to use a specific item, but I figure I won't get that item until later on, and then I have to go back to get all 3 stars in a mission, and that this will happen throughout the campaign? Some backtracking I'm thinking.

Wazzy

Banned
we have a runner-up, folks:

1. fake noctis
2. i pulled a luneth, he's good right
Lol

To be fair I'm a casual player with this game because I'm hardcore with Record Keeper and Dokkan Battle so I haven't kept up to date with tiers :p
I really want a Noctis, seeing his my favorite in the franchise.

Is Zack and Squall in this game?
I started early so that once they add Squall I can save up for him and whoever else from VIII they add. So far no VII or VIII characters :(

Shouta

Hey real talk , I like the sound of tomorrow's banner but was planning on pulling for Orlandu. Is he really the strongest thing ever or do you need all the good TMs for him to shine? If I don't have an Excalibur(or two) is he even worth going after?

His event should also have the Durandal as a weapon for you to get with currency. So even if you don't have Excalibur, you can take advantage of Orlandu's best attack.

Pulling tomorrow and getting say Yun, the chocobo dynasty warrior, isn't too bad. He's not as good as Orlandu after factoring everything in but I'd say he's about as close as GL will get prior to Orlandu dropping. His final attack has fire element built into it so he can take advantage of his own fire debuff. If you have Seven, he can take advantage of her Elemental whip debuff to further his own damage.He also has some silly as normal attack buffs too. Considering Ling seems like a really good unit as well, if you get either, it's a win.

So I'd say go with what you want. If you like these units and manage to get one, they'll be pretty solid but if you want teh kingz then Orlandu.

Muku

Not pulling. Mainly because getting a non troll Gold on a banner recently seems to be impossible. Plus 5*.... auto means I won't see it.

Chinner

Banned
His event should also have the Durandal as a weapon for you to get with currency. So even if you don't have Excalibur, you can take advantage of Orlandu's best attack.

Pulling tomorrow and getting say Yun, the chocobo dynasty warrior, isn't too bad. He's not as good as Orlandu after factoring everything in but I'd say he's about as close as GL will get prior to Orlandu dropping. His final attack has fire element built into it so he can take advantage of his own fire debuff. If you have Seven, he can take advantage of her Elemental whip debuff to further his own damage.He also has some silly as normal attack buffs too. Considering Ling seems like a really good unit as well, if you get either, it's a win.

So I'd say go with what you want. If you like these units and manage to get one, they'll be pretty solid but if you want teh kingz then Orlandu.
He does he compare in the current meta for dps on global? I. E. Noctis, luneth or gilgamesh etc?

I understand part of the appeal of orlandu is that he's good for building up chains while you have a finisher to make the final blow. I guess it's too early to say if yun can build up a chain?

Nikokuno

Valentus is it normal to see your Archery Club video serie (maybe i'm wrong) on the Final Fantasy Exvius Tactics channel on YouTube?

Rootbeer

Banned
5 Maze runs in a row where the 2nd route middle was the wrong one every time....eff you Gumi. Back to TM farming I truly hate the maze.

not a fan either... the random nature of it is more frustrating than rewarding, IMO. Spending all that energy just to go to the last room right away sucks.

bryt

This RNG is killing me. My dualcast TM went up 8.5% but my Cecil's only went up 1.2%. This is the worst disparity I've seen after 2 months of macro TM farming.

Shouta

He does he compare in the current meta for dps on global? I. E. Noctis, luneth or gilgamesh etc?

I understand part of the appeal of orlandu is that he's good for building up chains while you have a finisher to make the final blow. I guess it's too early to say if yun can build up a chain?

I'd say he's probably within the Luneth and Gilgamesh range but below Noctis. However, that highly depends on what TMs you have. It gets a little complex because it really depends on what other chars you're running along with them.

If you equalize it and make sure they all can Dual Wield then he's equal to Luneth and Gilgamesh in just attack modifier. Spearhead should be about 375% after you calculate ITD. Setsugekka should be 360% after ITD for Gilgamesh. Blazing Combo for Yun should math out to about 360% after ITD and the Fire debuff as Blazing Combo is innately a fire attack.

However, that's looking at them individually. Within the context of a team, if you can get an elemental debuffer and equip Luneth or Gilgamesh with a weapon of that element, then they'll beat Yun. Setsugekka becomes 540% roughly while Spearhead becomes like 600%+ or so. They'd have to sacrifice a bit of attack for it is the only thing.

Noctis is 450% after ITD and is a lot more flexible with weapons so he can get an elemental weapon on no problem.

Edit: Orlandu's attack is easy to chain, -50% Light debuff and has a strong modifer that equals about 400% after Ignore Target Defense calculation. In addition, the Excalibur is a pretty standard TM, so his attack maths out to 600% Attack modifier normally. When you combine all that, he can easily element chain to make his damage skyrocket like crazy. He's in that sweet spot between pure chain character and a finisher character which is why he's strong.

Syntsui

Two new units maxed, almost 1m gold earned and 200 sacred crystals in my inventory. The maze is the best thing in this game.

You'd better abuse it before the enhancements come, it's the only reliable source of gold besides TM farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom