• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I changed my leader, my friends have fun.

Usually 70k Moogle is
- Waste of nrg
- Waste of time
- Waste everything

Better to get other good stuff and if you don't know. Ask here first before buying something from Mog King, there are troll items & eqs too.

"Troll items" sounds more devious than "fake Noctis".

The non-discounted 6 star mats are fine to spend it on, right?

Rixa

"Troll items" sounds more devious than "fake Noctis".

The non-discounted 6 star mats are fine to spend it on, right?

Have you bought that 2000 costing dagger (If not, buy it!), all the Tix, all Cactuars, all Megacites, all Star Quartz?

If answer is yes, then you can use your currency to those 540 costing 6* mats. Atleast buy all Megacites they are cheap. Arena gives Star Quartz but there are good stuff to buy with SQ.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Have you bought that 2000 costing dagger (If not, buy it!), all the Tix, all Cactuars, all Megacites, all Star Quartz?

If answer is yes, then you can use your currency to those 540 costing 6* mats. Atleast buy all Megacites they are cheap. Arena gives Star Quartz but there are good stuff to buy with SQ.

Got everything but the non-ace exclusives, half the megacites and all of the Star Quartz. Are Megacytes the most useful of the bunch?

Do events like Akademia come back or are they a one time only thing? I ask because the Trey/Jack materia seem useful but they kinda stink, but it would be nice to have in case they ever get an upgrade.

RedZaraki

Banned
I'll say this:

if 200+ pulls isn't enough for Orlandu there's a decent chance (depending on what else I get) that I just take a break from Exvius altogether.

Literally the best and most hype unit they could have in the game.

If I knew nothing about the game and you asked me my favorite FF character it would be Cloud or Orlandu. Planned on using him no matter what. Love that character.

Silraru

Does the characters have max stats where the pots wont increase stats anymore? Is it a good idea to use them on any units that's not 6*?

robotuw

Does the characters have max stats where the pots wont increase stats anymore? Is it a good idea to use them on any units that's not 6*?

Characters have a max number each stat can be raised via pots. You can see them on the wiki. The game will prevent you from adding pots to a character that is already maxed, but will allow you to overflow, so be careful fusing non-mini pots and be sure the character has room for the full 5/10 points. Awakening carries stats from pots over, and will also raise the max, so if you max a 5* you will be able to add more when you awaken them to 6*.

I'm glad fake Noctis is living on in infamy. I think his destiny is to accidentally be fused into something else.

Fake Noctis has become the mask. Even he's starting to believe he's the real deal now.

Muku

I hear ya chrono. Hope things pick up... but obviously RNGesus is just a jerk for you in this game. :(

Xion, they exist, but they're rare. I think I've gotten a whole THREE since this thing started. I liked last time better. :(

Xion86

Hmm interesting. Last time i fed loads to Cecil, he's at 21/25 now. I literally haven't run into one this time, only Gill turtles.

Anyway, been a while since a TM farming update:

bJsDa9Ol.png

Looking forward to this one a lot. I have loads of Medius so when the others are done I'm going for 2 Growth Eggs as I keep putting it off (Will fuse 3 at a time).
Those are the only Hayate / Chiz I have though so going for 100%.

Kouriozan

I TM farmed without paying attention those last few day and Sakurafubuki + Dual Wield #2 is done, 2% away from Brave Suit and 15% from Bracer, need to think of a new TM team.
Meanwhile I put Black Cowl, Champion Belt and Dual Wield #3 in.

chrono01

Wish you the best of luck too, Chrono, and we'll both play Fire Emblem Heroes anyway :)
Thanks!

And yeah, for sure. I'll see you (and hopefully others) over in Fire Emblem anyway. :)

Wait. Chrono is leaving???

:Sadface:
Nothing's been decided yet, I'm going to see how the next banner treats me, but if it's the same as it's been for the last several banners, I'll probably move on. I'd rather not, but at this point I can only take so much disappointment before it mentally destroys me. I'm nearing my breaking point. :(

Sounds like if the next banner's pulls are a bust then yup. I hope that's doesn't end up being the case!
Yes, the next banner will decide all.

I'll probably do my pulls when I wake the next day, since I know if I pull before sleep I'll have trouble resting. If I pull something good, I'll be too excited to sleep. If I don't pull anything at all, I'll be too angry/frustrated. Yes, definitely waiting until the afternoon/evening.

I'll post all of the details here, and wish everyone else pulling the best of luck!

I'm going all in, as well. I have a bunch of tickets and a couple 11 pulls in me. I don't know if I would quit the game if I don't land at least something good, but I will say that my interest will definitely wane.

My original plan was to buy the current bundle, but I think I'm going to hold off and stick to my F2P guns here. If I don't land a Ling or a Yun in those pulls, I think BE will become a "jump in now and again" game instead of my main game going forward. I know a lot of people have had tremendous luck with this game, but I don't think I'm one of them and it certainly doesn't seem like that's going to change. We'll see on Friday, I suppose.
It sounds like you're in the same situation I am.

I'll probably keep it around just for login rewards, but honestly it might be better for me to just cut ties with it. I know if it's there, I'll always feel the pressure to go back. If it's no longer on my phone, the temptation is lessened.

Either way, I really hope this banner is the turn-around for me. The last rainbow I saw was when Lightning was first released (it didn't contain her :/). I've pulled quite a bit since then, so the disappointment has culminated to a pretty hefty size. A nice pull would eliminate it entirely, but if I don't get that out of my current hoarded Lapis (including 10k of it, that was spent with real money), I think I'm done with this game.

But please, don't make me do it game! I want to love you!

Those of you going all in on this banner are you stopping at Ling? Or going for Yun as well?
If I could get Ling, it'd definitely lessen the blow of not having Yun. That being said, I really want a 5* base and Yun seems to be great. So I'm not entirely sure how much I'll pull, if I manage to get Ling.

Wait there's an sao game lol? Who did you reroll for? And agreed on the first half of s1 being enjoyable.
I re-rolled for Silica. She's still S-Tier in Japan (highest tier) despite it being several months ahead of us. She's a lot of fun to play as (plus, I like her character).

Just looked it up and saw this screenshot:

What the hell is "Weaknees!"
Did they seriously misspell weakness in their promotional screenshot on the Google Play store? Is that in the game as well? Is that some SAO thing I don't know since I've never watched it? Why am I so hung up on a simple typo?
I'm bored...

Anyways. I'm channeling all my luck to you Chrono. Are you betting everything on the new banner? I personally would hold off until Orlandu arrives. Got 15k Lapis and 60+ tickets and will probably cry myself to sleep for a few nights after I spend everything and get nothing out of it... ^^;
You know, I never noticed that, haha. It might just be an early beta shot or something. I saw the "Weakness" mention in-game, and I'm pretty sure it was spelled correctly. I'll have to double-check when I play again, but it's probably just an error in the uploaded picture (before QC kicked in).

And thanks man. I honestly don't know how to treat this banner. Everyone talks about Orlandu, and he's going to be amazing, but this banner has MUCH better characters releasing alongside the 5* base (well, Ling anyway, I have multiple of Xiao already). The comparison of Yun to Noctis (honestly, I'd rather Noctis, but I failed in that endeavor) excites me, since I really need a character that "does it all". I know Orlandu is a great attacker, but honestly (right now) I think Yun would fit my team better.

So yes, choices to make!

Good luck Chrono, I hope you get something that makes you stay. Kinda in the same position myself. I know my team is good, for not having a 5* but with fresh emblem coming out not sure I can manage to play 2 gacha's at a time. We'll see!
Good luck to you too. :)

Free pull was a gold.... to rainbow?!?!?! Could it be?
Fucking Duane jfc lasdj;fakjs;dfkajsf
I am so sorry.

Tried the SAO game. I think I would prefer it if it was turn based tbh. I find myself just mashing lol.
It does feel a bit "button-mashy" in the first few levels, but from watching endgame content in the Japanese version, that will only get you so far. At that point, parrying and dodging become a lot more important, as does switching characters in/out.

The only thing that bothers me is trying to target a specific enemy when there are multiple around. I could turn off the Run Assist, but then I need to continually make sure the character is facing the right direction to attack (since they don't immediately turn towards the enemy). Oh well, maybe with time/practice it'll get easier.

UrSuLeTzU

Well, with another axe, 2 more bracers and a power of creation I should be able to push her close to 800atk, Nox&Memu gonna do work, welp.

P.s: I did 190k damage with seaking chop on the Akademia boss with all buffs and debuffs applied, it was beautiful :D

Alkez

Thanks!

I re-rolled for Silica. She's still S-Tier in Japan (highest tier) despite it being several months ahead of us. She's a lot of fun to play as (plus, I like her character).

Not going to lie, that was not the character I expected lol. I got Sinon with the 2 rolls the game gives you but I'm not sure if she's good or not. She's hard to use as you have to aim first then shoot.

What resource are you using? I looked at the subreddit but it felt incomplete compared to the BE reddit. On the reddit people were saying you should go for a 4*. What isn't clear to me atm is can I awaken my 3* Sinon to become 4*, as she does have a 4* form, or do I need to roll again?

chrono01

Not going to lie, that was not the character I expected lol. I got Sinon with the 2 rolls the game gives you but I'm not sure if she's good or not. She's hard to use as you have to aim first then shoot.

What resource are you using? I looked at the subreddit but it felt incomplete compared to the BE reddit. On the reddit people were saying you should go for a 4*. What isn't clear to me atm is can I awaken my 3* Sinon to become 4*, as she does have a 4* form, or do I need to roll again?
Sorry to say, but Sinon is among the lower tiers. She's considering a "Reroll" option. Shame really, I like her too.

Use this list to re-roll. Ideally Silica/Yuuki/Seven are the best starters, but anyone from the B Tier is fine too. If you want to discuss further, we should probably move over to the OT before we anger the SAO-haters here. (Okay, I'll give you the second half of S1 being horrible, but the first half way good!)

Pachimari

Give me your friend code, I'll add you~

Best way is to just bring a friend who can solo it. Thunder Flask takes care of all difficulty. Post your i.d so some of us can help you out.

You should be able to beat them with an OP friend unit pretty easily. Most can solo all of the ranks.

The Main Hall is actually pretty hard if you aren't geared up and leveled. However, a good friend Noctis can get through the boss by himself with warp break. Everyone else might die, but that doesn't matter for the rewards.

Edit: Yeah... what they said.
This is my friend code: 457.166.503

I will be so eternally thankfully if I can get help to get all of her stuff. :)

Celegus

This is my friend code: 457.166.503

I will be so eternally thankfully if I can get help to get all of her stuff. :)

Added! Any of the new people around, don't feel bad about not having a good enough friend unit to share - we love to help more than anything here!

It says your user name is Rain, is that right?

For people who are not f2p I have a somewhat personal question which I don't expect many to answer, but am curious about nonetheless: what is it that you do irl, career wise?

Wait there's an sao game lol? Who did you reroll for? And agreed on the first half of s1 being enjoyable.

I work in IT.

Pachimari

Added! Any of the new people around, don't feel bad about not having a good enough friend unit to share - we love to help more than anything here!

It says your user name is Rain, is that right?
Thanks! Yeah it might be. I thought it was my character name when I had to choose username. I assume I can't change it?

I just got an Exdeath, guess I can replace Bartz with him. Although isn't Ace kind of a Mage too?

[edit] Wait, can I only use your Noctis once? Cause I can't select him again.

Eidjinn

March of the Beast trial was...ouch. I guess I missed whenever this was added. Took a few tries but finally took it down with Lightning, Cecil, Exdeath, Exdeath, Tilith & Noct friend.

Opened most rounds with fire flask and used to to re-apply confuse/para/blind/disease/etc as needed.
Chained elemental weaknesses with dualcast/blitzes
kept voke up with Cecil, occasionally healed/buffed with him & Tilith
Anytime I was getting low on MP, had Exdeaths dualcast elemetal weakness once and then Osmose once, had Noct jump, fed the rest Turbo Ethers or Elixirs as necessary.
One shot the Terror Knight skel on horse dude with a phoenix down, and rest of units refiled with osmose/items/jump
For Chimera & Antlion I used dualcast meteors & aero blitz
For Wyv & Elemental just used all fire chains and took it slow
Europa gets hairy fast though. Fire flask round one then lightning attacks the rest of the time, keeping the tank alive was not feasible, maybe just my luck, but voked, and used Titan and still got pwned the following round.

All said managed to survive with Tilith, 1 Exdeath, and Noct, and would have likely wiped if I didn't kill him the round I did. After all that, the Demon Mail raised my Lightning's attack by TWO

Really like the trials. Fun stuff.

You didn't use any "human elixir"??
Damm!

Azuran

Banned
This seriously might be the deciding factor for me, in-regards to me continuing to play the game. I have SAO that I recently started playing and Fire Emblem Heroes in a week or so. Add to this, the rest of the gatcha games I play...it's becoming an issue, haha. I'm super relieved to see SAO doesn't have a stamina system. I can play the game as much or as little as I want, without the fear of anything being wasted. It's a nice feeling. I had to re-roll for damn near three days to get the character I wanted, but I did it!!

But yeah, I really hope I get something nice out of these pulls. My luck with this game has been so poor for the longest time, I'm numb to it all. You know that picture of Yamcha in DBZ? The one where he's pounded into the ground? Yeah, that's me. :/

Best of luck to us both (and the rest of ExviusGAF)!

Even if you quit, I'll still be seeing you in the Fire Emblem side so I won't be too sad.

The fact that we're actually getting a FE gacha makes me so stupidly happy.

bonkeng

Thanks! Yeah it might be. I thought it was my character name when I had to choose username. I assume I can't change it?

I just got an Exdeath, guess I can replace Bartz with him. Although isn't Ace kind of a Mage too?

You can change your name thru Menu>Player Info. And remember to add GAF in your greetings so we know you're a gaffer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv..._unit_ratings_6_only/?st=IYF3B7AJ&sh=6778ec41

Need everyones thoughts on this guys data. Valentus and shouta especially. Need everyone to read this as I found it to be eye opening.

Looks legit. He usually knows what he's talking about when it comes to math. Basically:

No TM = Luneth the Savior
Full TM = Noctis the Destroyer
Chain = Chizuru the Waifu

This is for Global only as I'm sure JP will have a vastly different output.

chrono01

Even if you quit, I'll still be seeing you in the Fire Emblem side so I won't be too sad.

The fact that we're actually getting a FE gacha makes me so stupidly happy.
Most definitely!

It's been my dream gatcha game since...well...I started playing gatcha games. You have no idea how happy I was when it was unveiled in the manner I was hoping for. I had the biggest grin on my face.

Rootbeer

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv..._unit_ratings_6_only/?st=IYF3B7AJ&sh=6778ec41

Need everyones thoughts on this guys data. Valentus and shouta especially. Need everyone to read this as I found it to be eye opening.
Sad cause I love Lighting. Nice diverse kit. But, I think I'll swap her out for Luneth soon. Just want to pot him up a little more.

Plan is to share my noctis eventually, but I'm still baking the Dual Wield and Ring of the Lucii I will be putting on him. If I power through it with Lapis I might be able to have those done this weekend.

GG-Duo

You can only use a friend once per... 2 hours? I'm not quite sure the exact timing.

Also, sometimes the game acts weird and doesn't update your friend list unless you restart the app or play a stage.

robotuw

Friends come back every three hours and on rank up I believe. Add you too, now you got two OP Nocti.

Pachimari

Thanks a lot guys, I'm really overwhelmed with the support in here. I really want a Noctis myself as he is my favorite FF protagonist but I should not be one to complain. :)

I will see if I can unlock all of Ariana's stuff, and also get through the story.

Btw if I change my player name, does that change my character name too? I like going with the default name of Rain for my character.

Thanks a lot guys, I'm really overwhelmed with the support in here. I really want a Noctis myself as he is my favorite FF protagonist but I should not be one to complain. :)

I will see if I can unlock all of Ariana's stuff, and also get through the story.

Btw if I change my player name, does that change my character name too? I like going with the default name of Rain for my character.

It will just change your account/user name basically. Characters in the story and units will still have the default name.

Lyrian

Very far late to the party today....

It's been my dream gatcha game since...well...I started playing gatcha games. You have no idea how happy I was when it was unveiled in the manner I was hoping for. I had the biggest grin on my face.

If it's time to go, it's time to go. In the end, FFBE is just another game and not a full-time RL job. We'll miss you for sure, if you do leave.

I'd play FE as well, if somehow there was time in the day for that. Sadly, I can't seem to even juggle FFBE and PAD anymore. If I did play the new FE Mobile game though.... Lyn all the way. (So, I had a thing for green haired girls as a teenager, who knew, lol?)

----

From far earlier today, in response to posting in OT: I lurk pretty much everywhere, but I pretty much refuse to post anywhere outside of this thread out of complete fear of offending someone and eating a ban. I truly believe in this day and age on GAF that it takes impossiblely little effort to "trigger" someone to call in the mods and eat a ban in response. It really is that **toxic** out there.

And to this day, I truly believe that what claimed Chilly wasn't that he didn't pull Tilith (although that wounded him deeply), but rather the random that showed up in OT2 while he was down and took offense of one of his roleplaying comments. In turn that summoned Bishop, where Chilly had to openly in public defend his account. After that, Chilly pretty much went off the grid completely and really has never recovered (he occasionally lightly posts on random Gaming threads nowadays, but that's it). I think that incident was truly soul crushing for him.

------

Daily: 2nd Luka. I guess ok if I ever want to and get around to farming her TM.

1st Luka is now capped out at 6* 100, Xiao should be there tonight as well.

Kind of grumbling that unless I want to spend for at least 1 or 2 refreshes, I won't have enough 6* mats to awaken Ling when I pull her. Then again, from the event datamine, I don't really see any cactaur farms for get her to 6* 100 in the next week anyways, so I guess I can just wait for the next Mog King event? Thoughts?

chrono01

If it's time to go, it's time to go. In the end, FFBE is just another game and not a full-time RL job. We'll miss you for sure, if you do leave.

I'd play FE as well, if somehow there was time in the day for that. Sadly, I can't seem to even juggle FFBE and PAD anymore. If I did play the new FE Mobile game though.... Lyn all the way. (So, I had a thing for green haired girls as a teenager, who knew, lol?)
It all depends on the banner, but given my past luck, I have a feeling it won't result in much. I'd rather not leave, but the game right now just isn't enjoyable for me. I have no real characters to work on, so while I have a bunch of TM's I could grind, it just kind of feels pointless for me.

But hey, maybe it's time for my luck to change!

(Also, I too miss Chilly. :/)

As for your question, I'd do what you're pretty much already considering. I wouldn't bother burning Lapis to get a few more Awakening materials for Ling. As you said, it'll be difficult to level her to 6* right away (unless you already have a stockpile of Cactuar waiting), so I'd save the Lapis you do have for more pulls on the banner to actually receive her (hopefully).

Shouta

Data seems OK-ish. Chain Damage needs to be thrown out the window because it's prone to be inconsistent due to poor assumptions. He doesn't include Kaiser Knuckles for characters that can equip it and don't lose out on anything, namely Bartz. Having a no TM ranking for players that don't macro is good.

Only character in that entire data set that's chain friendly is Chizuru due to her attack animation. Everyone else is 1 hit or hard to time multiple hits so it's kind of a lopsided discussion. The data needs to separate it into Chainer and Finisher to be more helpful to people.

I read the whole thing and have no idea what he's talking about. What the hell is chaining? Doesn't matter, gonna use the characters I like anyway.

Chaining is timing your character's hits to alternate landing on your enemy to gain a damage bonus for every hit you land. The max damage bonus from chaining is 4x which your big hits do even more ridiculous damage. There are several ways to increase the chain bonus

Regular Chain = .1x for each alternating regular hit
Element Chain = .3x for every alternating hit of the same element.
Spark = .8x for attacks that land at the same time.

So what you do is get 2 characters to build your chain up to 4x then mix in a finisher to take advantage of it. This video
explains chaining mechanics but has an example of how a chain can boost the damage of a finisher.

This is how folks do a ton of damage with characters in the game.

Lyrian

It all depends on the banner, but given my past luck, I have a feeling it won't result in much. I'd rather not leave, but the game right now just isn't enjoyable for me. I have no real characters to work on, so while I have a bunch of TM's I could grind, it just kind of feels pointless for me.

But hey, maybe it's time for my luck to change!

(Also, I too miss Chilly. :/)

As for your question, I'd do what you're pretty much already considering. I wouldn't bother burning Lapis to get a few more Awakening materials for Ling. As you said, it'll be difficult to level her to 6* right away (unless you already have a stockpile of Cactuar waiting), so I'd save the Lapis you do have for more pulls on the banner to actually receive her (hopefully).

I'm sort of in the same boat. Realistically, for the next week, it's spend a few EN to clear the main boss and the daily lower tier dungeon for mission rewards.... and then what? TM macro, I guess?

I mean, it's nice that I think this will be a bit of a step up for more active engagement over the past. But, to be honest, most of us will still have at least of half day's energy (if not more) with nothing to spend it on outside of TM farming. But realistically, the game is tuned around the average player, who is only spending 100ish casual energy per day and not us hardcore players spending 300ish + refills every single day.

I guess it's nice that I can just turn on the macro, because that frees me up to play whatever else I want in the meantime until the next morsel of content arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom