• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Chaining is timing your character's hits to alternate landing on your enemy to gain a damage bonus for every hit you land. The max damage bonus from chaining is 4x which your big hits do even more ridiculous damage. There are several ways to increase the chain bonus

Regular Chain = .1x for each alternating regular hit
Element Chain = .3x for every alternating hit of the same element.
Spark = .8x for attacks that land at the same time.

So what you do is get 2 characters to build your chain up to 4x then mix in a finisher to take advantage of it. This video
explains chaining mechanics but has an example of how a chain can boost the damage of a finisher.

This is how folks do a ton of damage with characters in the game.

Okay. So I was thinking correctly. I chain attacks all the time, though I generally go from lowest ATK to highest so the last hit in the chain is the character with the highest ATK. It's too hard to worry about that every time I attack, so I let things go as they will and not worry about it. Since I don't really bother with this kind of stuff seriously, this information doesn't really mean anything to me. My top damage dealers are still CoD and Lightning. I find that Chizuru isn't all that great since she doesn't have a big damage move (that I can see).

Of course, that does remind me. What is supposed to be Chizuru's big damage move?

SeanTSC

Okay. So I was thinking correctly. I chain attacks all the time, though I generally go from lowest ATK to highest so the last hit in the chain is the character with the highest ATK. It's too hard to worry about that every time I attack, so I let things go as they will and not worry about it. Since I don't really bother with this kind of stuff seriously, this information doesn't really mean anything to me. My top damage dealers are still CoD and Lightning. I find that Chizuru isn't all that great since she doesn't have a big damage move (that I can see).

Of course, that does remind me. What is supposed to be Chizuru's big damage move?

Her highest damage move, which is also her big Chaining move, is Phantom Shadow. It's a 140% AE with 50% Def ignore which makes it effectively a 280% Attack - higher damage than Lightning's Crushing Blow (270%).

Shouta

You just have to learn a general timing to get some chain bonuses. You'll increase the damage of your chars even if it isn't perfect. Basic rule is to make sure most of the attacks hit near the same time.

It's pretty hard to get max damage chains right now because not many chars have moves that are good for it. It's literally only Chizuru and Edgar that have moves that are friendly for it.

EDarkness

Her highest damage move, which is also her big Chaining move, is Phantom Shadow. It's a 140% AE with 50% Def ignore which makes it effectively a 280% Attack - higher damage than Lightning's Crushing Blow (270%).

Ah. I never use that move unless I'm actually doing AoE damage. I guess I should be using it all the time, then. I pretty much only use AoE moves if I need to do AoE damage.

What about Seven? I find all of her moves to be pretty terrible.

SeanTSC

Ah. I never use that move unless I'm actually doing AoE damage. I guess I should be using it all the time, then. I pretty much only use AoE moves if I need to do AoE damage.

What about Seven? I find all of her moves to be pretty terrible.

Here's Seven's set: https://exviuswiki.com/Seven

Generally with her you'd Debuff with Elementalash and then use her Fire/Thunder/Ice attacks depending on what the enemy is. Her 50% debuff with Elementalash is actually pretty huge.

EDarkness

You just have to learn a general timing to get some chain bonuses. You'll increase the damage of your chars even if it isn't perfect. Basic rule is to make sure most of the attacks hit near the same time.

It's pretty hard to get max damage chains right now because not many chars have moves that are good for it. It's literally only Chizuru and Edgar that have moves that are friendly for it.

Thanks for the info. I don't generally try it since it's just a lot more work when I'm trying to get through things quickly. Stuff still die pretty quickly with my group, so I don't worry about it. I guess for those who are really into that meta game, this can mean a lot.

Here's Seven's set: https://exviuswiki.com/Seven

Generally with her you'd Debuff with Elementalash and then use her Fire/Thunder/Ice attacks depending on what the enemy is. Her 50% debuff with Elementalash is actually pretty huge.

Well, that's what I was doing, so I guess her moveset just isn't all that great. I thought that maybe I was missing something.

Malakhov

Banned
I remember some time ago, someone posted a way to check on your tm farming on your computer home from your phone, does anyone know how?

Ken

I remember some time ago, someone posted a way to check on your tm farming on your computer home from your phone, does anyone know how?

Any Remote Desktop app

off the top of my head a free one is google chrome's app for ios but i cant vouch for it since i dont use it

Muku

AND our new banner pulls!

That's actually a good part. I'm depressed to see everyones awful free pulls.

I think I'll probably do some daily pulls on this banner too.

Edit: I should note the good part is not being disappointed on the new banner. Some of us will be pulling like a boss first try. Haha. I like seeing those. CHRONO!!!! THIS IS YOUR BANNER! YOU GOT DIS!

Malakhov

Banned
Are you guys doing some 10+1 pulls and using tickets? I dont know if I should chase Ling yet. I dont even think I'd use her when WoL gets his upgrade.

Muku

Are you guys doing some 10+1 pulls and using tickets? I dont know if I should chase Ling yet. I dont even think I'd use her when WoL gets his upgrade.

WTB Warrior of Light. PST.

I am going to just do the half priced daily one. My tickets are still being saved in mean time though. Same for Lapis. I don't think I can do a 10+1 pull until crystal change. I'm not getting a Rainbow to have fucking Galuf say "SURPRISE! TEEHEE!" Because I will rage.

Muku

Free Summon: Rainbow..... Son of a bitch. Ingus. Fuck this game.

Half priced Daily: Xiao. Fuck I already have her.

/tosses game out of window

Razmos

Needed 3000 Phantoma in total for a rare summon ticket and had like 2700, went into Akademia elite just before the change of day with a Seven friend unit. The "bonus" status was taken off the Type-0 units midway through the battle and I ended up with 2992 Phantoma. RIP

Muku

Thanks! Probably going to do my pulls tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime. Late night/early morning pulls never work out for me. :(

Best of luck to everyone trying before I do!

In-freaking-sane. Congrats!

Thanks!!!! Two rainbows in one sitting blew my mind. After getting FUCKING INGUS I thought this would be a troll.

Just decided to use ticket they gave us today because figured why not. :O

I NEED DUNES NAO

Muku

2 Rainbows? Sorry for troll, grats for Yun :D

LOL. I was so freaking pissed. Two rainbows blew my mind. I was just happy Blue to Gold thinking Lin. But then Rainbow. Soon as it went to Rainbow my husband pulled a Rainbow. XD So we opened them together.

Thank you!! Ingus being a troll is okay. Yun made up for it so much!

Thank you Bryt :D

EDarkness

Whoa. I decided to do a few pulls on this new banner and...

Free pull: Blue -> Tellah
Ticket 1: Blue -> Bedile
Ticket 2: Blue - > Terra
Ticket 3: Rainbow ( ! ) -> Dark Fina!

Woot! Didn't get any banner units, but I guess I'm done for this banner. Blew all my luck on this set of pulls. I'm happy.

Muku

bryt just noticed you got Ling... congrats!! :O That's what I thought my B to G was going to be. I would have been perfectly happy with that too.

KeRaSh

Daily free pull was a gold... Medius.
Already have a Growth Egg and not going for a second one but I guess it could be worse.

Dandte

14 Pulls - 5 Golds - no ling

Xiao
Sabin
Xiao
(G) Shadow -.-
Xiao
(G) Penelo -.-
Shantototo
Xiao
(G)Edge
Artemios
Cecil - meh
(Gold) WoL - my first...yay i guess
Xiao
(G) Hope.....

That was horrible ;_______;

robotuw

Freebie was Luna (they really did de-normalize the units for the free summon huh)

Daily: Gold...Chiz (hard to be mad but she's my 3rd)

Tickets:
Duane
Kain
Lenna
Gold...Mercedes (what is this, the freaking Noctis banner!?)
Gold...Ling

Well that was short and sweet. Might do dailies for another Xiao but I got what I really wanted.

Muku

Alt....

Free Summon: Gold... Zidane. LOL um ok Already have him but ok.

Half daily pull: Blue ... Ingus. Fuck this Ingus day.

Ticket #1: Blue.... Krile. OMG SRSLY?

Ticket #2: Blue.... Krile. LOL KILL ME NOW.

Glad my main got love today because my alt got shit.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Free Pull - CoD dupe
1/2 Pull - Blue -> Gold - Luka (new)

Tickets

- Medius dupe (lol)
-.Trey dupe (lol)
- Xiao dupe
- Gilbert (lol)
- Gold ---> Rainbow

screenshot_2017-01-272njhw.png

BOOM - i didnt see this coming hah.

Continued for Ling

- Garland
- Xiao
- Xiao
- Locke dupe
- Shantotto

Out of tickets - i will keep doing Dailies for Ling.
Thanks! Probably going to do my pulls tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime. Late night/early morning pulls never work out for me. :(
Alright - hope you finally get lucky.. !!
Are you going all out ? Otherwise the Orlandu banner is near as well - if this turns out to be a bust.

Rainbow.......

YUN!!!!!!

Hah 2 Rainbows in such a short span...congrats but man how cruel would it have been if you got trolled again...damn.
But really happy for you !!!
Freebie: Firion
1/2 Price: Ling

Okay that would have been the perfect pulls for me - Firion and Ling - grats.

Razmos

Free unit: Xiao (the free pull isn't affected by the current banner so this is kinda funny)
Daily Pull: Ling

Well then, guess it's just dailies for the rest of this banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom